PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Best hunter abilities??

hyjin
Oct 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
Hi,
I was wondering what abilities I should have on my hunter....
Does anyone have a type that they set up and they like?

I'm open to all ideas.

Correction Human Hunter

Magician
Oct 27, 2010, 10:59 AM
PP Boost (preferably PP High Boost once you unlock it)
HP Restore (saves mates, and you won't have to stop to resta)
Confuse/Ice/Stun/Sleep Resist (varies by mission)

VorpalLord
Oct 27, 2010, 11:11 AM
I agree with Magician on everything but the Resists, I'd recommend using the Module resists instead.

PP Escape Save is pretty useful too, if you dodge a lot like I do.

Fhin
Oct 27, 2010, 11:21 AM
If you're type lvl is maxed so lvl 30, I would go for:
- PP High Boost (2)
- PP Escape Save (2)
- HP Restore (2)
- on this one Idrk...I would pick Damage Resist (2) [Needs Braver/Vanguard Lvl 2], PP Skill Save (2) or maybe Elemental Hit (2) [Needs Ranger lvl 8].

I will go with with PP High Boost, PP Escape Save, HP Restore and Damage Resist since I'm lvlin HU atm and BR/VA is already lvl 30. Will exchange Damage Resist with Elemental Hit when I lvl RA.

Pavichokche
Oct 27, 2010, 11:24 AM
IF you're a beast hunter you pretty much need the ACC (and high ACC) boost.

I don't agree on the HP restore. Hunters naturally have high HP and good defenses (unless you're a newman). You wouldn't find yourself needing it all that much since you'll be taking hits like a champ!

You should consider the "advance" abilities for whatever weapons you use the most. They increase the attack of said weapon type by 4%. That would of course mean that more powerful weapons like swords and axes would gain the most. For example, if you had a sword with 400 ATK, it would become 416. It's just one slot so why not.

I also find Adverse Spirit quite useful on my hunter. It boosts your defenses by 30% when your HP is under 35%. It's actually pretty handy since it makes you that much tougher to finish (especially if you're a hunter).

Kurosu
Oct 27, 2010, 11:40 AM
^ just no.

cold_eXistenZ
Oct 27, 2010, 12:59 PM
With my cast Hunter i have ACC boost anyway for the sake of adding a little more efficiency to swords / axes, and it has made a difference.

And you can't go wrong with freeze resist.

Alexandria
Oct 27, 2010, 01:28 PM
IF you're a beast hunter you pretty much need the ACC (and high ACC) boost.

I don't agree on the HP restore. Hunters naturally have high HP and good defenses (unless you're a newman). You wouldn't find yourself needing it all that much since you'll be taking hits like a champ!

You should consider the "advance" abilities for whatever weapons you use the most. They increase the attack of said weapon type by 4%. That would of course mean that more powerful weapons like swords and axes would gain the most. For example, if you had a sword with 400 ATK, it would become 416. It's just one slot so why not.

I also find Adverse Spirit quite useful on my hunter. It boosts your defenses by 30% when your HP is under 35%. It's actually pretty handy since it makes you that much tougher to finish (especially if you're a hunter).

That was...without a doubt, the worst advice I've ever heard. Hey OP, just do the exact opposite of what this guy says, and you'll do fine!

You don't need the ACC boost skills. Besides the fact that you'll have plenty of it at higher levels, the skills themselves don't even give big enough boosts. Useless skills. The advance abilities are pointless too. He already prove it himself. 16 extra ATP. That equals out to like 3 extra damage. ;/

If you're not against getting a couple levels in Vanguard, I'd level it until you get Half Defense. This will cause you to remain at 1 HP if you get hit by an attack that would normally 1 shot you, basically. Costs 3 abilities, but it's worth it. PP/High boosts are always good.
And if you hit 30 Hunter, Skill Save all the way. Since you're a hunter, I wouldn't bother with PP escape save, since you'll almost always have something to block with. IB will always be better than dodging.

Pavichokche
Oct 27, 2010, 01:52 PM
Hater xD
He said he was open to all ideas. I was only making suggestions. But of course, your opinion is superior

TerraBreak
Oct 27, 2010, 05:04 PM
as for me i'm currently using kokuinto hozouki (did i get the spelling right?) with lvl5 drain

with damage resist and hp restore rate and perfect bock you won't be using mates anymore hehehe... well except when shizuru gangs up on you ^_^

Cynical_Extent
Oct 27, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hater xD
He said he was open to all ideas. I was only making suggestions. But of course, your opinion is superior

He isn't the only one that disagrees.

^ just no.

Even with my inexperience in playing a Hunter in PSP2, after reading said post, I thought you were trolling, Pavi.

I personally like the PP Escape Save, as I dodge often. The PP Guard Save is also nice. It mostly depends on your play style/favorite runs, as well as character stats, if you need or want to make up for a certain flaw.

d19xx
Oct 27, 2010, 05:21 PM
Anyone got any feedback on the hunter's stagger resist ability. How's it on higher level runs?

Ami
Oct 27, 2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not an expert at Hunters. So Imma just tell you what I use and why I use it. If you don't want to use it, I have no problems.

HP Hi-Boost: My hp's kinda bleh for a female human.
PP Escape/defense Save: I roll dodge/block with my weps, a lot....so yeah
Healing Item boost: For the times I can't whip out my rod and heal.
Burn/Ice Protect: With Sleep, Stun, and Shock resist units on my armor, it isn't simply enough room for more modules. Yes I use Mirage blasts. Also those five are the most I get hit with and DIE so yeah.
Atk boost: Can't go wrong with more ATK

Once I get HU 30 I plan on using PP Skill Save. Since I do buffs/heals and become makeshift sniper at times. Lowering my Skill PP usage can help me a bit. So yeah, this is how I'm set out and it works for me.

aduran
Oct 27, 2010, 06:49 PM
Rare item boost and EXP Boost or
Rare item boost and Meseta Boost That's all you really need :D:D:D:D

This is what I use

Freeze Protect because I need it..(free to use on something else when no freeze stages )
Damage Resist 2
Photon Barrier 2 ( I think this is causing me not to take damage from virus, fire, etc, the animation stays but no damage taken )
Adverse Attacker 1 ( because no damage taken by status effects ) :D
Precision Attacker 1 ( reduces ATK fluctuations )
Assist Advance 1 ( extends duration of support techniques )

hyjin
Oct 28, 2010, 07:47 AM
Thank you Everyone

Im gonna experiment with a couple of your ideas and see which one works out for me.:D

Scau-Demon
Oct 28, 2010, 08:30 AM
I use..
ATK boost
ATK high boost
Freeze resist
PP boost
HP boost
Healing items boost