PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Should I extend my Ikotenyoku?

Sarthraa
Oct 27, 2010, 02:24 PM
...and if I should, what effect should I put on it? Just wondering, since I love using them.

Fhin
Oct 27, 2010, 02:28 PM
I DID extend mine. Regardless of which element, it's a 80% [insert element here] Twin Saber.
Ikotenyoku (http://psp2.psupedia.info/Ikotenyoku), here you can see which SE you can put on it. (I prefere Stun for it.)

Ceresa
Oct 27, 2010, 02:50 PM
Extended Ikotenyoku with 80% element is 1066 atk
Nonextended Elysions with 50% element is 999 atk

67 atk is 13-14 more damage, if that plus a useless status effect is worth an extend code to you, then go for it.

Alexandria
Oct 27, 2010, 04:15 PM

67 atk is 13-14 more damage, if that plus a useless status effect is worth an extend code to you, then go for it.

Level 2 stun is useless?

I extended all 3 of my Iko's. I'd say go for it!

Ceresa
Oct 27, 2010, 04:21 PM
Of course it's useless. The only things stun work on were never a threat to begin with.

Alexandria
Oct 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
Of course it's useless. The only things stun work on were never a threat to begin with.

There's something in this game that's a threat? ;/

RenzokukenZ
Oct 27, 2010, 04:33 PM
Just wondering, since I love using them.

I think you answered your own question with that statement.

Besides, you can't go wrong with lvl2 stun.

Scau-Demon
Oct 27, 2010, 05:29 PM

Status effects are useless? lvl 3 incap on maghana slayer (despite the horrible accuracy) 1 hit monsters 1/5 of the time for me, that's nice.
Extended kokuinto with lvl 5 drain? I can use tornado break on a mob and almost completely heal right there, while doing nice damage too?
I don't concider that useless at all ^^

Ceresa
Oct 27, 2010, 05:31 PM
Incap is the one good status yes. It's also not an option for ikotenyoku.

Drain is the most useless of all. Just use a mate, not like you're pressing anything else during weapon animations, or running between rooms.

Scau-Demon
Oct 27, 2010, 05:40 PM
true, mates are usefull, but on those long, hard misions, you can run dry of mates and then what? lvl 5 drain heals me almost completely in the same time as a mate, while dealing damage and not using an item i might need later on. Drain is amazing at lvl 5 IMO, heals for 1/10 of what you hit, hit 2000 on 5 enemies at a time, get healed for 1000 instantly while dealing some nice damage while your at it.

Bitzen
Oct 27, 2010, 09:49 PM
Don't forget extending not only boosts ATP and gives a status change; it also boosts accuracy. And twin sabers aren't the most accurate weapons.

Randomness
Oct 27, 2010, 10:56 PM
Incap is the one good status yes. It's also not an option for ikotenyoku.

Drain is the most useless of all. Just use a mate, not like you're pressing anything else during weapon animations, or running between rooms.

Correction. Damage Reflect is the worst.

Drain at least won't kill you for critting.

I'd say the Jellen effect is up there, since it doesn't reduce damage so much that deadly attacks aren't deadly.

Sleep is probably worse than drain. On the occasion it lands, you probably just hit them again!

DarkPhoton
Oct 27, 2010, 11:14 PM
I love how everything turns into a debate....

Status effects aren't useless. Even a small mob can kill you if you aren't care full. I personally use stun on damn near everything, if I can't get stun I use freeze. This of course doesn't include incap. Incap rumps all, but since there is a lack of good incap weapons, stun is your second best choice. Why risk having a mob attack you when you can just stop them in their tracks and poke em to death.

Ceresa
Oct 27, 2010, 11:26 PM
If something can kill you if you're not careful, then how is a weapon status effect helping? Relying on a random thing is hardly careful. Everyone has confuse traps for tech monsters that are a guaranteed status. Everyone except ranger has freeze traps on demand for the other crap.

Lack of incap weapons? Saika Hyori is a joke to get and it's what we all used for the first 5 months before Tsumikiri was released (and with no freebie extend codes) and there were no issues with its paltry lvl 3 death. Now you can run the Tsumikiri mission from day 1 with free extend codes and even get it as a drop and a mission reward! Not a single type even has the 8000 extend cost to use S twin daggers.

DarkPhoton
Oct 27, 2010, 11:46 PM
>> Like I said. I love it how everything turns into a debate.

I chose to remain silent and allow my previous statement to be my closing argument. The fact that everyone has to prove that they are right is just childish. I placed my opinion. Not a political debate.

Fhin
Oct 28, 2010, 12:08 AM
Good that there are different opinions so he/she can decide on his/her own what to do.
Besides..not always uber-heavy-good-strong-weapons are prefered by players. I think others just want to use lower stuff they like on higher lvls and Imo there come the codes really in handy but like I said, different opinions and stuff.
So long.

Sarthraa
Oct 29, 2010, 10:38 PM
Alright, I've extended my Ikotenyoku with Stun Lv 2, and they're awesome! They make Gemaga so much easier...=3