PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Who loves rifles ?!?

Pavichokche
Oct 27, 2010, 03:48 PM
They:
- Have medium-high ATP
- Shoot quickly
- Hit a small area with their charged shot
- Hit incredibly far away
- Deal more damage when in first-person view

Pretty awesome, huh?

Love sniping enemies from far away !!!

8BitGinno
Oct 27, 2010, 03:56 PM
That range, man. I loves me some sniping. :D

Can't wait to get back on my ranger, once I hit VA 30.

BIG OLAF
Oct 27, 2010, 04:30 PM
Pshh, I love all the major ranging weapons. Rifles, Grenades, T. Handguns, Shotguns, Lasers...they all rock.

Shadowjesse626
Oct 27, 2010, 04:44 PM
I usually dont use range weapons but i LOVE using Skull Sorcerer. It just looks so cool lol

Pavichokche
Oct 27, 2010, 05:20 PM
Pshh, I love all the major ranging weapons. Rifles, Grenades, T. Handguns, Shotguns, Lasers...they all rock.

Lasers feel a little weak to me. I have one with my ranger and I want to use it but I always find my grenade launcher doing a better job. Similarly, crossbows are really cool but even my ranger misses way too much with them (they seriously lower your accuracy).

d19xx
Oct 27, 2010, 05:25 PM
For some reason I ended up snipping with rifles with my female human vanguard. The pp regen is so noticeable from my male one...

Seth Astra
Oct 27, 2010, 05:27 PM
I love all the ranged weapons I've used. They're fun.

TheAstarion
Oct 27, 2010, 06:56 PM
Is it just me, or do rifles have longer range then the camera? I've been trying to hit things in saki blast and I've been pumping numbers out of invisible enemies outside the draw distance. Perhaps it's just me, but a weapon in a game shouldn't outperform the hardware the game is running on.

8BitGinno
Oct 27, 2010, 07:03 PM
Is it just me, or do rifles have longer range then the camera? I've been trying to hit things in saki blast and I've been pumping numbers out of invisible enemies outside the draw distance. Perhaps it's just me, but a weapon in a game shouldn't outperform the hardware the game is running on.

I've definitely noticed sniping outside the view range.

.. Except I'm not complaining. :D

Mike
Oct 27, 2010, 07:14 PM
Every gun that can go in to first person mode gets a damage bonus, not just rifles. It's actually an accuracy bonus but since accuracy counts more towards damage that ATP, it's more noticable.

Pavichokche
Oct 27, 2010, 07:50 PM
Every gun that can go in to first person mode gets a damage bonus, not just rifles. It's actually an accuracy bonus but since accuracy counts more towards damage that ATP, it's more noticable.

Oh I see. Makes a lot of sense, thanks :D

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 27, 2010, 08:42 PM
I love rifles. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Rifles. Sooooo big and.....sniperlicious.

Trizek
Oct 27, 2010, 08:48 PM
I really liked using the crimsin nova rifle, it did alot of damage and put the burn status effect on enemies very often.

WildSevenBlue
Oct 27, 2010, 09:03 PM

Word of the Day: Sniperlicious- adj. used to describe something that would be delicious to snipe ......
still need to get me that infinite corundum, Rebellion, and Black Rebellion then ill have all the rifles that i wanted from the list .... just a Hunter using a rifle bout the only range weapon that i enjoy using makes most boss battles a breeze

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 27, 2010, 09:05 PM
Oh and Laser Cannons aren't that great anymore. Except for it's charge shot. It's all about the shoop da whoop

RenzokukenZ
Oct 27, 2010, 11:03 PM
On my days in PSO, I always carried a rifle. That still goes strongly today. Sure as a Hunter I have bigger toys to smash things with, but there are times where my rifle is needed to get the job done.

Rifles: it's more than just a gun. It's a way of life.

DarkPhoton
Oct 27, 2010, 11:09 PM

o.o

Thats kinda hot...

darkante
Oct 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
Aye, i love that Yasminkov.

Nothing like a ancient firearm in equal terms with futuristic weapons. XD

Broken_L_button
Oct 28, 2010, 01:48 PM
Aye. Rifles make any boss retardedly easy...Especially as a Cast.

5-step guide to using rifles:

1-Run for the hills
2-Pull out a folding chair and sit on it
3-go in first person view
4-?????????
5-Profit.

DarkPhoton
Oct 28, 2010, 02:49 PM

1-Run for the hills
4-?????????
5-Profit.

As much as a love the team fortress strategy. I don't think modern ranger no Jarate.

Trizek
Oct 28, 2010, 04:00 PM

1-Run for the hills
4-?????????
5-Profit.

This.

Rifles are pretty effective if your using a cast, they do my ranger wonders.

cbwing0
Oct 28, 2010, 05:32 PM
Rifles are my weapon of choice. I haven't found anything yet (lv. 64) in the game that couldn't be beaten by my RAcast shooting full charge shots at max range (with the occasional shift/deband/resta as needed).

The only downside, in my observation, is that full charge shots rarely, if ever, seem to proc weapon status effects. Is this supposed to happen?