PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Favorite character in the game.

Itchee
Oct 27, 2010, 10:16 PM
Mika is a close second.

That is all.

:P

kongajinken
Oct 27, 2010, 10:19 PM
Mika > Chelsea

Also WTB mika hair PST paying 100,000,000 meseta

Temprus
Oct 27, 2010, 10:22 PM
Well, if those two are your favorite characters, we know what it takes to get in your good favor.... :flan: :flan:

^^;

Pavichokche
Oct 27, 2010, 10:53 PM
Well, if those two are your favorite characters, we know what it takes to get in your good favor.... :flan: :flan:

^^;

TITTIES !!!

I think mine will have to be Emilia. Spoiled brat-teenager-turned-genius in 3 days. Still pretty spoiled and bratty though...but at least now she can do rocket science math in her head.

kongajinken
Oct 27, 2010, 10:58 PM
She can do that? I only played the japanese version so I have no idea what the story is for anything besides the pictures.

Itchee
Oct 27, 2010, 11:01 PM
I do not deny that im susceptible to gratuitous fanservice.

Temprus
Oct 27, 2010, 11:11 PM
TITTIES !!!

I think mine will have to be Emilia. Spoiled brat-teenager-turned-genius in 3 days. Still pretty spoiled and bratty though...but at least now she can do rocket science math in her head.

I'm betting that NO ONE will ever guess my favorite character. :wacko:

DarkPhoton
Oct 27, 2010, 11:15 PM
I'm betting that NO ONE will ever guess my favorite character. :wacko:

Ethan? It's ethan isn't it..

My favorite is leo. But he isn't even in this game D:

My second would prolly be Kraz.

Alexandria
Oct 27, 2010, 11:23 PM
Vivienne :>

chaoelite
Oct 27, 2010, 11:30 PM
Vivienne :>

I agree 100% :-)

Randomness
Oct 27, 2010, 11:32 PM
She can do that? I only played the japanese version so I have no idea what the story is for anything besides the pictures.

Eh? Rocket science is an understatement...

[spoiler-box]She basically violates the upper bound on the maximum possible computational power within the universe. She fucking calculates teleportation. Screw the Heisenberg principle, and all that. She's THAT DAMNED SMART. (Admittedly, the last part is with computer memory reserves hooked up, but she's the one thinking)[/spoiler-box]

That said, she is definitely far better written than Ethan.

d19xx
Oct 28, 2010, 04:16 AM
My opinion of Chelsea changed after completing Heroes Rondo. I now find it cool that her whole "image" is kind of a facade. I'm now curios about her past and what she can really do when she's serious.

TheAstarion
Oct 28, 2010, 08:18 AM
I love Chelsea's quote when talking about Magashi and their time in the AMF.

"What happened between us? I would say, "very little", but that would be saying too much."

It took me 3 seconds before I lol'd.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 28, 2010, 08:23 AM
Chelsea is boss. Probably the reason why I got excited about PSP2 was Ursula. I knew she was the tough type, but when I saw that demotivational of her taking her pimp fist to Kraz I accidentally my pants. So now its:

1.)Chelsea
2.)Ursula
3.)Ultros

Crazyleo
Oct 28, 2010, 10:13 AM
I have to say Ursula is my favorite female of the bunch. When she puts her foot down, she means it. :P

Broken_L_button
Oct 28, 2010, 02:13 PM
Chelsea, Kraz, Ursula and Vivienne are my faves. Chelsea because of her accent, the way she makes Curtz go "Yes ma'am" and when she told Lou "Why are they so small?". Kraz...Because he's Kraz. Objectifying women and bathing in alcohol all day, without any shame. Ursula because of her gloves (they look really cool). And Vivienne because she makes me feel all fuzzy inside when she says "I find myself...Proud of you." after a successfuly S-ranked mission.

TheToyDolls
Oct 28, 2010, 02:19 PM
Chelsea because well, she's eye candy, and as stated before, I too love some good fanservice. A.k.a. jiggles and bubbly.

LSukora
Oct 28, 2010, 02:29 PM
Lumia is the coolest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk i hate her shes so annoying emila ftw!

Truesonic
Oct 29, 2010, 08:20 PM
Chelsea is also my favorite of the new Phantasy Star cast. I love her cute french accent and her generally positive attitude. I can't wait to play the side story that lets me see more into her character.

My least favorite of the new chars is Yut. I thought I'd like him based on his character design but he wound up being an annoying 'rush head first without' thinking character.

Of the old characters I'd say Lou is my favorite followed closely by Vivienne. Ethan is alright but it took all the way up until now for me to find him likable since I couldn't stand him in PSU. I guess I just like the cast characters ya know?

Gintoki-kun
Oct 29, 2010, 08:49 PM
If I would to pick my favorite I would pick

1)Vivienne(Because she cute and deserves a hug)
2)Ethan(He too cool and funny)
3)Shizuru(He has the coolest evil clothing I seen and his powers are epic)

DoubleJG
Oct 29, 2010, 10:59 PM
Chelsea's comment to Lou about her bust size was a "knee slapper", for sure.

Chelsea is definitely my face, followed by Lou, and... Kraz?

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Oct 30, 2010, 08:31 PM
I love Ursula because she puts Kraz into his place.

Now get back in the kitchen drunky!

Alexandria
Oct 30, 2010, 09:02 PM
Chelsea's comment to Lou about her bust size was a "knee slapper", for sure.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm187/llahnewo/facial_animation_laughing.jpg

Dahohoho! That slaps me on ze knee!

I did enjoy that scene, especially Lou's blank "wat" expression at the end.

Sha Sha
Oct 30, 2010, 09:05 PM
fff I been hanging out with Ami too long
HYUGA PLEASE!

PinkyMonkey
Oct 30, 2010, 09:10 PM
It's funny cause in the Japanese version Chelsea has a typical 'foreigner' Japanese accent.. I guess when one looks at the way gaijin are generally seen in the Japanese media one could say the same about the French from a US standpoint...

BIG OLAF
Oct 30, 2010, 09:17 PM
I liked Chelsea, but I felt she was mostly big-busted fanservice. Her French accent was entertaining, albeit confusing (French accents in Gurhal..?). With her big chest, weird ears, and exotic hairstyle, she really wasn't my type of lady...

..Unless, or course, she would stare at me like this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_humioo.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ami
Oct 30, 2010, 09:18 PM
1. Hyuga because he's needs moar love
2. Hyuga because he's the young president of of the largest companies in Gurhal and his HOLY SHIT HE TURNED INTO A SEED FORM LETS KICK HIS ASS story
3. Hyuga because he's a white haired pretty boy.

NO I KID, it goes something like this

1. Hyuga because..Oh hell everyone knows that I'll be biased towards Hyuga now. Even the smallest shout out of him will have me somewhat crazed.
2. Shizuru when he's not being controlled by a total jerkass
3. Mika.....just Mika

Ursula gets brownie points for knocking the hell out Kraz and have a badass outfit. Magashi is just has so much humorous scenes with the others.

CLARK
Oct 30, 2010, 09:22 PM
Kireek!
oh i cant say that? fine... Chelsea!

RoxasNeval
Nov 3, 2010, 07:00 PM
mine has to be Shizuru,just for trying sooo hard to copy Sephiroth,lol
Kraz cuz hes a badass pervert
and Chelsea,for the fanservice X3

Alexandria
Nov 3, 2010, 07:03 PM
mine has to be Shizuru,just for trying sooo hard to copy Sephiroth,lol
Kraz cuz hes a badass pervert
and Chelsea,for the fanservice X3

I hate you.

DarkPhoton
Nov 4, 2010, 02:26 AM
I hated Sephiroth with a passion. Mostly cause he is a skinny long haired hippy wimp with a mommas complex and a lady boy body....

Shizuru I hate because he is a skinny long haired hippy wimp with a papas complex and a lady boy body.

Need moar manly plx.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 4, 2010, 02:41 AM
I hated Sephiroth with a passion. Mostly cause he is a skinny long haired hippy wimp with a mommas complex and a lady boy body....

Shizuru I hate because he is a skinny long haired hippy wimp with a papas complex and a lady boy body.

Need moar manly plx.

Shizu-chan has a "papas complex"? Never knew.

And last I checked, Shizuru is more than worthy of being a good character. Not some hippy wimp lady boy. Almost no one even knows what Shizuru is like though (can't blame him for that).

If you get a chance, do the Laurette request with him. It is a shame that it's like all he's got.

Ami
Nov 4, 2010, 08:34 AM

Need moar manly plx.
Papa complex? Wat?

I know he called out to his father a few times he was struggling to not be completely taken over by Kumhan. I didn't know that = papa complex.

Hmmm it's a shame that there wasn't that much more to get Shizuru's background. He seems like a pretty nice fellow, when not controlled by a jerkass.

DarkPhoton
Nov 4, 2010, 03:24 PM
My opinion, not fact.

Either way need moar manly. Like Leo, Leogini S. Berafort was the manliest man ever to be in PSU..... and he didn't even make the cut for psp2

RenzokukenZ
Nov 4, 2010, 03:24 PM

Need moar manly plx.

You, sir, speak the truth. Sure you can say that we're merely judging him outside of his personality, which he completely lacks but I can pretty much fill in the gaps, but seriously ever since 1997 we've been seing alot of his type. The feminite hair, the feminite face, the feminite body structure, the feminite outfit (heels for crying out loud!)...and yet he is dubbed male with no male characteristics to back it up. "He" is your typical androgynous character to the point that you can slap a bra on him and he instantly becomes a flat-chested annoying genius girl (I believe there is a picture of that...)

As a final note, he is a failed sephiroth clone, going so far as to imitate the infamous 'fire in the background' scene.

Also, to keep to this thread's original purpose, Ursula has to be my fave character throughout the series, as she can kick your ass and look good doing it without having to fall victim to the 'fanservice' status.

RemiusTA
Nov 4, 2010, 03:27 PM

Sephiroth...gets alot more praise than he needed as a villian. But sorry, that was one creepy ass mother fucker during the course of the game.

I dont know when they gave him a lady boy body (him being a supersoldier and all), but im sure it was during Square Enix once they decided to drape everyone in black leather, remove their muscles, spike their hair up even MORE and make them all emo.

RenzokukenZ
Nov 4, 2010, 03:29 PM
Sephiroth...gets alot more praise than he needed as a villian. But sorry, that was one creepy ass mother fucker during the course of the game.

I dont know when they gave him a lady boy body (him being a supersoldier and all), but im sure it was during Square Enix once they decided to drape everyone in black leather, remove their muscles, spike their hair up even MORE and make them all emo.

Yeah Testuya Nomura tends to do that. Just look at 7, 8, 10, and the KH series and you'll notice that same deranged pattern. Makes me shiver everytime.

RoxasNeval
Nov 4, 2010, 04:04 PM
don't forget the amount of useless zippers on everyones clothes XD
i didnt know that mentioning Sephiroth here would cause this XP
Sephiroth>Shizuru face it,its the truth!bwahahahaha!!!!

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 4, 2010, 05:00 PM
I liked Chelsea, but I felt she was mostly big-busted fanservice. Her French accent was entertaining, albeit confusing (French accents in Gurhal..?). With her big chest, weird ears, and exotic hairstyle, she really wasn't my type of lady...

..Unless, or course, she would stare at me like this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/normal_humioo.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh my.....where on earth did you get that? O.o

Anyway.....I'd probably go with Vivienne, hands down, she has the most interesting character development. Completely thrashes Emilia.

I liked the original Karran Erra from PSU too...also, whats the intervening time gap between the original PSU and this game? Because when I met Lumia for the first time I was like... She's grown up a bit fast :/

Alexandria
Nov 4, 2010, 06:30 PM
don't forget the amount of useless zippers on everyones clothes XD
i didnt know that mentioning Sephiroth here would cause this XP
Sephiroth>Shizuru face it,its the truth!bwahahahaha!!!!

Not that it means a lot. The point is Sephiroth sucks.

DarkPhoton
Nov 4, 2010, 06:35 PM
I have no love for vivienne. Mostly because she is always going on about how she is superior to casts, being a new model, Yet at the same time preaching about how cast superiority is wrong. If i have to hear her say "I have such and such, never before used by a cast." one more time I'm gonna dismantle her and build a cast with more common sense.

BIG OLAF
Nov 4, 2010, 06:51 PM
whats the intervening time gap between the original PSU and this game? Because when I met Lumia for the first time I was like... She's grown up a bit fast :/

About three or four years, I believe. Lumia was 14 in PSU/AoI, and she's 17 in PSP2. She really developed fast in those three to four years, though.

Pavichokche
Nov 4, 2010, 07:31 PM
She really developed fast in those three to four years, though.

Girls do that in Japan. They also tend to "look" a lot younger than they are (if you catch my drift).

I watched this anime where in 2 years this little girl grew up into a woman (with full double E boobs).
[SPOILER-BOX]
Before
http://www.seaslugteam.com/caps/phantom/19_04.jpg
After
http://www.farawaynowhere.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Phantom-Requiem-Cal-Devens-sin-city-ripoff-poster.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

8BitGinno
Nov 4, 2010, 07:55 PM
Girls do that in Japan. They also tend to "look" a lot younger than they are (if you catch my drift).

I watched this anime where in 2 years this little girl grew up into a woman (with full double E boobs).
[SPOILER-BOX]
Before
http://www.seaslugteam.com/caps/phantom/19_04.jpg
After
http://www.farawaynowhere.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Phantom-Requiem-Cal-Devens-sin-city-ripoff-poster.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Holy crap. That must've been a crazy two years.

As for my favs, I'd have to agree with Chelsea. Also Ursula. And Lumia. Emilia some. Lou. CoughLiinacough.

Geez, is this game a harem in disguise or what?

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 4, 2010, 08:13 PM
I have no love for vivienne. Mostly because she is always going on about how she is superior to casts, being a new model, Yet at the same time preaching about how cast superiority is wrong. If i have to hear her say "I have such and such, never before used by a cast." one more time I'm gonna dismantle her and build a cast with more common sense.

Well in her defence, I can't remember one time in the game where she claims shes superior, infact she always seems modest ie "Oh, I suppose I am" and "I don't think of myself that way" and its other people that mention her "latest....performance enhancements" (Haha, god bless Luciam Nav, was I the only one who felt uncomfortable with his tone of voice when he said that about Vivienne in PSP1?) but anyway *cough* I digress, she still my favourite :D

WildSevenBlue
Nov 4, 2010, 08:19 PM
ill have to go with Chestia .... i mean Chelsea

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 4, 2010, 08:19 PM
As for my favs, I'd have to agree with.....some. Lou.

I do have a soft spot for Lou from this one cutscene in PSU, I can't remember exactly where in the story, its been ages since I've played it, but its when they open a door and the room is FILLED with guard robots, Lou is like "Stand back, I'll take care of this" and summons her SUV, sweeping the room and destroying them all! and thats what they realize shes a bad-ass:-D

8BitGinno
Nov 4, 2010, 08:26 PM
I do have a soft spot for Lou from this one cutscene in PSU, I can't remember exactly where in the story, its been ages since I've played it, but its when they open a door and the room is FILLED with guard robots, Lou is like "Stand back, I'll take care of this" and summons her SUV, sweeping the room and destroying them all! and thats what they realize shes a bad-ass:-D

Lou is the epitome of kuudere (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kuudere)!

Don't you just wanna do your best to make her smile and see her blush? =3

Mike
Nov 4, 2010, 08:27 PM
Not to mention Lou takes a bullet for Ethan in that flash comic that happens between and during episode one and two. Lou is a character I like. Save for the antenna.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 4, 2010, 10:05 PM
Lou is the kinda person if I see walking down the hall I'd stop whatever I'm doing, do a dramatic turn, scream out her name, run towards her, then stop and ask her the question to end all questions: "Whats poppin fresh holmes?".

DarkPhoton
Nov 5, 2010, 12:24 AM
I would keep lou. She seems like she would be useful.

Back to my opinion of Vivienne. I find it funny how everyone says that she shows much more emotion then your average cast. But at the same time she is surrounded by people like headmaster Nav and Curtz, both of wich are just teeming with personalities. When she herself has all the personality of a wet blanket.

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 5, 2010, 08:48 AM
I would keep lou. She seems like she would be useful.

Back to my opinion of Vivienne. I find it funny how everyone says that she shows much more emotion then your average cast. But at the same time she is surrounded by people like headmaster Nav and Curtz, both of wich are just teeming with personalities. When she herself has all the personality of a wet blanket.

I would agree from that standpoint that those two CAST's are interesting personalities, but Vivienne HAD just finished CAST basic training, having basically just been manufactured. What I like about her is her reactions to everything in the world as she see's them for the first time.

I find her to be waaaay better than most CAST's, but you have to remember that while Vivienne MAY have more pre-set CAPACITY to be an emotional than any CAST, Nav and Curtz have had many years more experience off the block, Nav infact nearing the CAST version of death, Sudden Shutdown Syndrome (or whatever it's called)

Chaos the harbinger
Nov 5, 2010, 01:55 PM
favorate character in game ---> chelsea

-------------------------------------------
leader of the crimson knight order

DarkPhoton
Nov 5, 2010, 02:33 PM
Its I.C.S (Instant Crash Syndrome) I believe. It's not the fact that she has the ability to get that kind of personality. Its just that everyone is in so much awe over her when she hasn't even gotten that far. Saying that she has a very uncast like way of thinking. When honestly, all the casts she can be compared too would have things to say along the same lines. They never really introduce a cast that is all facts except Lou...And even she has her moments. Like when she sacrifices herself, sure there's more of her but that scene when the other Lou is standing over her fallen body was touching.

Chaos the harbinger
Nov 5, 2010, 03:11 PM
hey lets not forget she was part of the army before little wing if uv played the side quest heroes ronde i saw a glimse that she gets very serious and drops the accent overall shes pretty kickass and wut scene was this in i did`nt see this

DarkPhoton
Nov 5, 2010, 03:12 PM
hey lets not forget she was part of the army before little wing if uv played the side quest heroes ronde i saw a glimse that she gets very serious and drops the accent overall shes pretty kickass and wut scene was this in i did`nt see this

It was in PSU.

Not in psp2

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 5, 2010, 04:26 PM
And even she has her moments. Like when she sacrifices herself, sure there's more of her but that scene when the other Lou is standing over her fallen body was touching.

Ooh, I forgot about that cutscene! and yes, I sorta thought that was touching too.... and I have to concede defeat, you've pretty much debated me into the ground :-P

Rashiid
Nov 5, 2010, 04:40 PM
Lou hands down. Then my PM.

Alexandria
Nov 5, 2010, 04:46 PM
Ooh, I forgot about that cutscene! and yes, I sorta thought that was touching too.... and I have to concede defeat, you've pretty much debated me into the ground :-P

Fine, I'll take over then.

I think the reason people like Vivienne so much (At least, this is why I like her) is the fact she is so innocent about everything. She doesn't quite realize what she says at times, because she hadn't had as much experience in life, sometimes insulting people by accident. There's a certain charm about watching her learn about everything in the world, like a child almost.

The people in PSP1 who say she's different from other casts can't really place why either, if you notice. That means it's just a subtle thing that makes a major difference. You must of experienced something like this at one point in your life. Like if you get new tires on your car. Just a small difference makes the ride much smoother. She's just a charming character for some people, not much more to it.

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 5, 2010, 04:52 PM
She doesn't quite realize what she says at times, because she hadn't had as much experience in life, sometimes insulting people by accident. There's a certain charm about watching her learn about everything in the world, like a child almost.

This is EXACTLY what I was trying to get across!

Itchee
Nov 5, 2010, 08:09 PM
Only those who mentioned the blatant fanservice understood what this thread was all about....the rest? It went completely over your heads....
>_<

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 5, 2010, 08:12 PM
Only those who mentioned the blatant fanservice understood what this thread was all about....the rest? It went completely over your heads....
>_<

Oh, we recognized the fanservice, we just chose to rise above talk of boobies :D hahaha

Alexandria
Nov 5, 2010, 11:59 PM
>_<

Would you rather this thread be 8 pages of people saying "LOLBOOBS"?

Randomness
Nov 6, 2010, 12:09 AM
Would you rather this thread be 8 pages of people saying "LOLBOOBS"?

I'm sure that can be arranged if you talk to the right people. And offer bananas.

DarkPhoton
Nov 6, 2010, 03:05 PM
LOLBOOBS

Temprus
Nov 7, 2010, 01:12 AM
:flan: :flan:

Anyways, I'm glad to see the Lou love. I fell for her in PSU when the Lou that fell on Moatoob shed a tear and the other Lou just couldn't understand how or why she did.

8BitGinno
Nov 7, 2010, 01:50 AM
Lou lovers unite! She may seem cold and emotionless, but deep down she's a caring cast!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic66382_1.gif
"D-Dummy!! It's nothing like that.."

Thanks for the pic Temprus. :P

d19xx
Nov 7, 2010, 04:54 AM
Now where have I seen that pic before :D

Temprus
Nov 7, 2010, 10:39 AM
*Temprus whistles in an unknowing manner while shooing any watching Kakuwanes away from the topic*

Rashiid
Nov 7, 2010, 11:26 AM
"Lou, what was that?!"
"A SUV weapon."
"Well, where the heck did it come from?"
"It came from outer orbit. You can't have one."

FOkyasuta
Nov 7, 2010, 11:29 AM
"Lou, what was that?!"
"A SUV weapon."

<.< At ^. Your Just Pulling My Leg Right? And I Remember Lou From The "Crappy" PSU Days. She Was Damn Right At What The 8-Bitter Said And Much More. =3 And The Emotionless Part Proven Wrong? Gold.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 7, 2010, 02:29 PM
Lou lovers unite! She may seem cold and emotionless, but deep down she's a caring cast!

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic66382_1.gif
"D-Dummy!! It's nothing like that.."

Thanks for the pic Temprus. :P

Hey that pic looks familiar. Could that have been pre-Kakwane or something else that Lou would never do.

Rashiid
Nov 7, 2010, 02:36 PM
<.< At ^. Your Just Pulling My Leg Right?

....?

GreenTwit
Nov 7, 2010, 02:41 PM
Lumia <<<<<<<<<<<<<< xD

Hot, sexy and kinda stupid xD

8BitGinno
Nov 7, 2010, 03:11 PM
....?

I what'd at his whole comment as well. o_ o

Temprus
Nov 7, 2010, 11:07 PM
Hey that pic looks familiar. Could that have been pre-Kakwane or something else that Lou would never do.

Pretty much. It's one of the more recent series. I think this one had both Lou and Chelsea. :wacko:

Mike
Nov 8, 2010, 01:03 AM
<.< At ^. Your Just Pulling My Leg Right? And I Remember Lou From The "Crappy" PSU Days. She Was Damn Right At What The 8-Bitter Said And Much More. =3 And The Emotionless Part Proven Wrong? Gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkYjmTBXMUQ

Temprus
Nov 8, 2010, 02:40 PM
It's been a while since I've seen that. I totally forgot about it. ^^;

I do find it hilarious that Lou pretty much predicted what Ethan was gonna say. He really was such a kid back in PSU. ^^

Alexandria
Nov 8, 2010, 03:03 PM
"Was"? :disapprove:

DarkPhoton
Nov 8, 2010, 03:55 PM
It's been a while since I've seen that. I totally forgot about it. ^^;

I do find it hilarious that Lou pretty much predicted what Ethan was gonna say. He really is such a kid. ^^

Fix'd

Temprus
Nov 8, 2010, 04:45 PM
Okay, okay. :p

But he has grown up a little bit since then. Maybe I should of said he was such a brat.

ShinMaruku
Nov 8, 2010, 09:51 PM
Mika does have generous jugs.. mm BOOBIES!!

Pavichokche
Nov 8, 2010, 10:33 PM
Wow, as if this thread is still going...we should rename it to "PSPo2 Boobs Discussion"

Temprus
Nov 8, 2010, 10:41 PM
:flan: :flan:

:milk: :binkie:

Yeah, yeah.. I know I'm wrong in the head. But hey, it's one of my best qualities! :rolleyes:

mck_jaguar
Nov 9, 2010, 04:32 AM
I hate Chelsea. You won't make me believe she got a french accent >< "Allo boys" o_o???
"Comprendez vous"????
If "Allo" means "Alors" and Comprendez vous" "Comprenez vous".... Then Sega have serious problems with translation... Stop using Google Translation ><

And Nei is the best (but she's not in PSP2.... T.T )

SC
Nov 9, 2010, 06:07 AM
I can't be bothered to look at pages five through to nine. Probs because its all going to be a 'Lets debate Shirizu over Sephiroth' and vise versa.

All I'm going to say is who is my favorite.

Chelsea, due to the fact she has, in my opinion, some of the best lines in the game, the fact she constantly puts Kraz down, in her own whitty way, and the fact when she gets her SUV cut scene, she owns with F*** loads of champagne bottles, and then smiling about it looking all smooth!

If anything, in my opinion, they should have included Ethan in it, as he does get a line at the end(ish) (Chapter 10 Act 1) and Chelsea could have bitch slapped him!

RenzokukenZ
Nov 9, 2010, 06:35 AM
I can't be bothered to look at pages five through to nine. Probs because its all going to be a 'Lets debate Shirizu over Sephiroth' and vise versa.

Actually that only lasted one page, ending with the realization that they, along with most JRPG male villians and heroes, lack a pair of brass and the testostrone that goes with it. The rest of those pages were about Vivienne :-D

Moving on, it's strange how no one has pointed out that Chelsea is the least Cast-like of all the Cast characters. Aside from being squeezable, she doesn't seem to exibit some form of Cast functions of any kind with the exception of an SUV. Also her personality, emotions, thought pattern and method of speech are very lively (not considering the accent) to the point that she can clearly be considered the closest a Cast can be to be human. This, of course, makes her very unique and one of the best characters in the series thus far.

Rashiid
Nov 9, 2010, 08:27 AM
Let's not forget she majors in, well, everything.

Ami
Nov 9, 2010, 09:03 AM
"Lou, what was that?!"
"A SUV weapon."
That scene pretty much cemented Lou as one of my favorite female characters in the game. Shame that her new voice doesn't really carry her original attitude well ; ~;

Ethan isn't so bad anymore.........

Well, that might not be so true. There are some moments in which I'm like "lolwat" (easysauce?....Really Ethan?). It seems like he can't function unless Magashi or something is kicking his ass. (lol accidental slash subtext). But yeah, if it wasn't for Nick Tagas portraying is voice...and episode 3 I would hate Ethan oh so much.

Tek[+]Lok
Nov 9, 2010, 11:50 AM
I love android women :3

d19xx
Nov 9, 2010, 12:56 PM
Poor Maya Shidow. Chelsea, took her fans.....

Ce'Nedra
Nov 9, 2010, 01:21 PM
Ugh i seem to be really one of the few who acctually really gets annoyed by Vivienne. Never liked her, probarly never will. And i also think they ruined up Lumia big time, she's such a bitch yet she was once of my favo npc during AotI.

Of the new set of NPC's Kraz and Ursula form a nice couple, love the scene where Ursula bitchslaps Kraz. Though my favorite goes to Emilia, even though i hate the horrible voice actor they picked for her, she is the one that annoys me the least out of each of them. Of the old cast Liina, Tonnio and Karen are still high on my list of favorites.

Broken_L_button
Nov 9, 2010, 03:04 PM
I hate Chelsea. You won't make me believe she got a french accent >< "Allo boys" o_o???
"Comprendez vous"????
If "Allo" means "Alors" and Comprendez vous" "Comprenez vous".... Then Sega have serious problems with translation... Stop using Google Translation ><

And Nei is the best (but she's not in PSP2.... T.T )

Actually, I think that in that context, "Allo" meant "Allô", which is simply another way of saying "hello", but I'm not sure if they use that one in France. I know I've heard it in Québec, though...

But, I have to agree with you on the other translation; it's understandable that some letters used by french words aren't in the english alphabet, but, at least conjuguate the verbs properly, please. Bad grammar hurts a character as much as a lack of voice acting.

イーマー
Nov 9, 2010, 03:39 PM
Chelsea is boss. Probably the reason why I got excited about PSP2 was Ursula. I knew she was the tough type, but when I saw that demotivational of her taking her pimp fist to Kraz I accidentally my pants. So now its:

1.)Chelsea
2.)Ursula
3.)Ultros

Ultros? Lul whut? The Ff6 squid?

1.) Tonnio (I liked his first design)
2.)Emilia (She's cute x3)
3.)Vivienne (She kinda grew on me in psp1)

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 9, 2010, 09:16 PM
You can never get enough of Ultros. He's both exploitable but he still has the decency to keep himself in check to work at the Arena because, you know, tappin some booty ain't really gonna help pay the bills. Especially after Kefka shoop'd it to near hell.

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 10, 2010, 05:13 AM
Moving on, it's strange how no one has pointed out that Chelsea is the least Cast-like of all the Cast characters. Aside from being squeezable, she doesn't seem to exibit some form of Cast functions of any kind with the exception of an SUV. Also her personality, emotions, thought pattern and method of speech are very lively (not considering the accent) to the point that she can clearly be considered the closest a Cast can be to be human. This, of course, makes her very unique and one of the best characters in the series thus far.

I honestly thought, until about chapter 6 in the story mode when I logged in here and someone mentioned it in a post, that she was a human, just with some wierd cone jewellery over her ears...

DarkPhoton
Nov 10, 2010, 07:32 AM
Ugh i seem to be really one of the few who acctually really gets annoyed by Vivienne. Never liked her, probarly never will. And i also think they ruined up Lumia big time, she's such a bitch yet she was once of my favo npc during AotI.

Of the new set of NPC's Kraz and Ursula form a nice couple, love the scene where Ursula bitchslaps Kraz. Though my favorite goes to Emilia, even though i hate the horrible voice actor they picked for her, she is the one that annoys me the least out of each of them. Of the old cast Liina, Tonnio and Karen are still high on my list of favorites.

Did you not read my nearly one page of nothing but calling vivienne stoopid?

Fayorei
Nov 10, 2010, 01:07 PM
I have got to go with Ursula and Kraz. Those two are fun to watch, and they have more of a layered character type I think. Overall, I think I like this cast better than the one from the original PSU, and I think they come to life more- might be the anime portrait cut scenes, but still.

Since I didn't get into AotI that much (despite getting it on release day :X), the thing that shocked me the most was Lumia thus far. I'm only on chapter 5, but what a personality swap from PSU. Seems like she's kind of over-compensating because of her brother's reputation. All I know is that if I left her to do it "by herself" in the protecting terminal mission she would have failed horribly. She might be a Waber, she might be a good Guardian, but nothing can beat crappy partner AI.XD

Though, and I'm really glad since i think she's in the game, Karen will always be my hands down favorite. Karen is someone worth fangirling over.:D

Kenesu
Nov 10, 2010, 01:11 PM
i would have to say chelsea, i am completely obsessed with her accent....

Ce'Nedra
Nov 10, 2010, 01:29 PM
Did you not read my nearly one page of nothing but calling vivienne stoopid?

I did, so now i can't state my own opinion on the NPC's?

DarkPhoton
Nov 10, 2010, 03:33 PM
I was stating that on the fact that you said you where one of the only few. As in saying that I was in your corner of this. >.> No need to bite my head off.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 10, 2010, 05:03 PM
Im not biting your head off, and since when is one of the few being me alone? I just see so many people who love her that i barely see anyone who hate/dislikes her, thats why i said i'm one of the few who does.

Didn't mean to attack you or anything about it.

kojikatsuya
Nov 10, 2010, 06:30 PM
You know, I'm going to say either Shizuru or Kraz. Shiruzu because he's an antagonist in the PSU world that I haven't wanted to punch in the face, and Kraz because I can relate to his laziness entirely.

Silverheart
Nov 10, 2010, 08:19 PM
Gonna throw a vote in for Magashi. I mean I'd be pretty pissed too if someone offered to fix me up then slapped a pair of wings and a unicorn horn on my head and then pretty much blackmailed me into helping them. Then again he's been that way since PSU personality wise anyway...

But seriously, I have to say my favs were Magashi, Kraz and Chelsea.

blace
Nov 11, 2010, 01:31 AM
Like? How bout dislike basically all of them?

Well not really all of them, Vivienne as some have said, is rather annoying and stupid for most part, not to mention the fact that she tried to heal me with Bag Degga's running her over left and right.

Tonnio and Liina had a very small part to the game so I can't say much about them.

Yut is Yut.

Lumia is a bitch, as simple as that. Her word bubble saying, "You couldn't have done it without me" pisses me off when she's the one STUCK in that wall spike trap thing in chapter 5-2, and I'm the one covering her ass by trying to kill everything that wants me dead.

Emilia isn't that bad, but her extremely irritating voice makes me want to slap her, although I've been nice to her in the story options.

Kraz, self explanatory.

Ursula, sounds way too controlling so not someone I like.

Chelsea... well, aside from the obvious fan service that most people here love, I think she's rather useless as an ally, but also a bit of a comedy relief.

Magashi is a straight up bad ass, but he's watered down in PSP2.

Shizuru has a daddy complex. Why? When the Alive program was used to get the gang into Maghara, he just kept thinking about his dad and that made the ancient Sun King leave his body forever.

Lou just isn't the same anymore, she's more, whaddyacallit, dynamic I guess. Sure she went through a bit of a change since one of her units died in PSU, and well she doesn't seem like herself anymore.

Maya just reminds me of my cousin, in a way. So no I don't like her.

I guess the only NPC's I like in this game are the White and Black Cats for their lolcats referrences and Vask and Kunoh since they gave better advice than the story NPC's.

tl;dr: I pretty much hate all of them.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 11, 2010, 01:41 AM
Ursula is the...woman. She puts the WHOA in woman.

lolpunch2Kraz'sface.

Ami
Nov 11, 2010, 02:55 AM
Gonna throw a vote in for Magashi. I mean I'd be pretty pissed too if someone offered to fix me up then slapped a pair of wings and a unicorn horn on my head and then pretty much blackmailed me into helping them. Then again he's been that way since PSU personality wise anyway...

But seriously, I have to say my favs were Magashi, Kraz and Chelsea.
*insert Rainbow Unicorn Attack reference here*

I do agree that Magashi's badassery was watered down a bit between PSU and PSPo2. I still keep him in my party though, since he was a hassle to get in PSU. Slightly less a hassle in PSPo2, but still. That and I actually like his voice. When he does talk. Which isn't a lot. Unfortunately. Because it's a really nice voice. Fits his character nicely.

Anywho, I was gonna say because maybe he's getting on in the years. But he's a Cast...and there are plenty of badass grandpas out there.

Itchee
Nov 11, 2010, 10:03 AM
i would have to say chelsea, i am completely obsessed with her accent....

Yes. Im obsessed with her 'accent' too.

Maya just reminds me of my cousin, in a way. So no I don't like her.

Your cousin is hot then.

Kage Shiroyuki
Nov 16, 2010, 06:34 AM
My favorite male character is the one I play as(Kage). my favorite female character I would have to say Karren 2nd is Emilia.

Yes Magashi is a badass, but the horn is to funny.

Kraz is badass in his own way. Also I never heard anything about Shizuru thinking of his father. I remember him saying when the program hit the place that someone was wanting him to live so he broke free of that one guys control.

Yes Yut is Yut so hes an alright character, but all partner AIs suck(The majority anyway).

And Ethan was really Immature in PSU but he has grown up since then.

Yes Lumia is a royal bitch.

Vivienne yes until I get that Double Saber lol.

Turo & Kuro wtf annoying as hell but also quite funny.

So the characters I really like are Kage(me), Karren, and Emilia. The rest are okay, but eh could have been improved

AutumnChronicle
Nov 17, 2010, 03:43 AM
Headmaster Lucaim Nav. 'nuff said. B)

Fox2Tails
Nov 17, 2010, 07:31 AM
Kailey, and her PM X Tornado

NicorTheDuke
Nov 18, 2010, 06:00 PM
Kraz and Bask hands down

blu number 2
Nov 18, 2010, 10:24 PM
Lou for the win.

jeremy the hunter
Nov 18, 2010, 11:04 PM
yut because hes awesome

Wayu
Nov 18, 2010, 11:11 PM
^

Holy shit really? His JP voice was annoying as heck. Actually, so was Emilia's, but she gained my respect in that one Side-Story mission to get Magashi and Lou's card.

Wait, does the US/EU version have voice-overs as well?

-Wayu

Silverheart
Nov 18, 2010, 11:38 PM
^

Holy shit really? His JP voice was annoying as heck. Actually, so was Emilia's, but she gained my respect in that one Side-Story mission to get Magashi and Lou's card.

Wait, does the US/EU version have voice-overs as well?

-Wayu

Only for the movie scenes so some of the impact that voices would've made is gone for us. Not a big loss since most of the voices aren't that great anyway but I would've liked to hear Chelsea go all AMF non-french during Heroes Rondo. Only reading it just feels like its missing something.

RenzokukenZ
Nov 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
^

Yes, but only in CGI cutscenes. Some see it as a good thing, but others not so much.

Wayu
Nov 19, 2010, 12:48 AM
but I would've liked to hear Chelsea go all AMF non-french during Heroes Rondo.

Oh my god yes. That was freaking hilarious.

Only reading it just feels like its missing something.

Oh yes. Sadly yes. But at least you miss out on Emilia and Yuto's voices.

First time I heard Chelsea's voice I was like WTFHAXLOL.

-Wayu

PinkyMonkey
Nov 19, 2010, 04:05 AM
Still find it funny that gaijin Japanese = French accent (albeit the translators did a nice job of it).. Still the whole pub hostess/kyaba club thing makes little sense to a Western audience I'd guess.

Wayu
Nov 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
It makes a lot more sense in Japanese, though. It might work for English, but your mileage may vary.

-Wayu

Sulfur
Nov 19, 2010, 11:06 AM
Laia and Chelsea are my favorites.
Would love Laia's Partner Card :{

Unionhack
Nov 24, 2010, 12:34 AM
I always liked Kraz. He always gave off the aura of badass to me.

RemiusTA
Nov 25, 2010, 03:03 AM
This is gonna sound really funny coming out of me.

Now that i've actually played the English version and know what the hell is going on (With JP i just skipped all the cutscenes, no clue what this game was about even though i beat it), i actually really enjoy the script to this game. The character dialogue actually sounds really nice, considering the rest of PSU's stuff.

That said...I actually think Emilia is my favorite character in this game. Perhaps because she's the exact opposite of what i expected her character to be written like from her visual design and Japan's weird obsession with pink cutesy lolis.

Emilia just has a funny personality. I really wasn't expecting much in terms of characters with this game (i never really did. PSU's storyline was decent i guess, but a few choices in the plot just turned me all the way off), but Emilia reminds me of an actual person when she responds to situations in the game. (well except that one part when she runs off.) Well, figuratively, anyway. Now that i've said that, I am 100% estatic they left Voice Acting out of this game, because the voices they chose for alot of people (particularly Emilia) are downright annoying, and im pretty sure anything i enjoyed about the talking would have been ruined with terrible trademark Sega voice casting.

So, in other words, Kudos and an A+ to the translation team. For dialogue anyway. I dont know what was lost or changed, but however they did it, they did it very well.

Other characters....

Chelsea, i love women who speak french. I enjoy her personality more than her character design, to tell the truth. I was never a fan of those giant floating titties, they just kind of look out of place. Maybe its the outfit though? I dunno, no big deal anyway.

Reminds me of Maya. I never liked Maya because her titties were wwwaaayyyy too big, and all her animations really tried way too hard to make her look "sexy". Those giant things really just made her look odd to me, and her horrible animations while talking and whatnot made me hate having her on my team.

Kraz for obvious reasons

Ursula for punching kraz and being awesome

I like Lumia in this game only because i dont like Lumia in this game. She's an absolute bitch, and i was hoping someone would just punch her already. I never played PSU Ep.3 to the end since i quit my subscription, but I did not expect her to grow up to be superbitch business girl. I more expected her to end up like a Female Ethan, but she didn't quite turn out that way. But it makes sense, seeing who Ethan is, she could have that mentality, so once again kudos to whoever wrote this game's characters i guess for avoiding super easy cliches.

I do find it odd though, that even after her "k i wont be a bitch anymore" moment, she still has that "YOU COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT ME" quote during battle, which limits me even still from fully enjoying having the little bitch on my team.

I like Laia, but i HATE her outfit and despise her horrible VO even worse, who tries way too hard to sound tough.

LK1721
Nov 25, 2010, 10:17 PM
Frankly, I really liked Emilia. For one, she wasn't at all what I expected from when I started the storyline. I thought she was going to be an annoying brat the whole game, but gladly wasn't! She actually has quite a bit of depth and an interesting personality which was pretty realistic in the way she reacted and interacted. Her design was interesting even though it was obviously based off of a schoolgirl outfit, a pretty good spin. [I want her boots so much.]

Chelsea was straight up amusing. I liked her personality, accent and everything. I just didn't like her design all that much. HER RACK IS JUST RIDICULOUS. I just wish I could have heard her in Heroes Rondo.

Kraz was a great character and had an amazing design [I never knew someone could look so bad ass wearing pink]. I found the relationship development between Emilia and Kraz, it was cute.

Ursula manages to be classy with an enterprising attitude but not annoying in the least. Not to mention she and Kraz make a cute couple, in my opinion.

Yut was a quirky character, fairly interesting but not my favorite.

Lumia. Oh lord, Lumia. I didn't like her all that much. Her personality evolved, that is for sure. But she kind of turned into a hardworking girl into a bitch between PSU and PS:P2 which annoyed me a little. I always thought she would have changed more into a down-to-earth type rather than a bitch. Oh well.

I wish the Ex-GUARDIAN would have been recognized a bit more by the original PSU/PS:P characters, I was a little sad that virtually none of the characters recognized your character other than Vivienne but even that was vague.

Overall I really liked the characters in the game and even on the second play through I love reading the dialog.

Unionhack
Nov 25, 2010, 10:57 PM
I wish the Ex-GUARDIAN would have been recognized a bit more by the original PSU/PS:P characters, I was a little sad that virtually none of the characters recognized your character other than Vivienne but even that was vague.

Dear GOD, this bugged me. But there was a dialogue option that let you say something like 'Always busy, eh Vivienne?' before she ever mentions her name, so at least it's hinted at.

Fox2Tails
Nov 25, 2010, 10:58 PM

This, I was really disappointed when nothing happened

RemiusTA
Nov 26, 2010, 02:53 AM
I guess they didn't go through the trouble of factoring in whether or not you imported from PSPo1 or not.

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 26, 2010, 05:09 AM

I just took it as the screen at the start when you transfer a character over, that lets you change him/her, as meaning you've had some sort of surgery or something as you were hunting the Illuminus and been exiled from the Guardians in the best ending in PSP1 after all.....but thats just my roleplaying explanation...

Dear GOD, this bugged me. But there was a dialogue option that let you say something like 'Always busy, eh Vivienne?' before she ever mentions her name, so at least it's hinted at.

I don't recall...the ONLY different dialogue I noticed compared to my imported character from my new character was "I sense a warmth within you...can it be?!" compared to generically greeting you as Yuts friend if the character wasn't imported...

So, in other words, Kudos and an A+ to the translation team. For dialogue anyway. I dont know what was lost or changed, but however they did it, they did it very well.

I keep saying this to myself, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing and I'm genuinely having some laugh out loud moments at inter npc conversations

FOkyasuta
Nov 26, 2010, 04:18 PM
None.