PDA

View Full Version : When do you feel at your best?

geewj
Mar 10, 2003, 03:38 PM
What do you do that makes you feel you are at your best?

(lets try and keep this one serious)

BlackRose
Mar 10, 2003, 03:50 PM
Good question.... gotta think about it...

When I play guitar, and it's just one of those days when I hit every note just right... feels really good. I crank my amp, and stand right in front of it, so I can feel the wind on my back from the speakers...

At least, that's what I can think of now...

Eum
Mar 10, 2003, 04:02 PM
When the days are extra-sunny and windy. They make me think of years before, and how things have changed. Deja vu-esque.

ABDUR101
Mar 10, 2003, 05:40 PM
When everything around me, the sounds, the people(if there are any) and the day suits me.

Usually, a nice warm day, me out in the hammock over-looking the trees and fields, with the mountains to the one side, a very slight breeze.

And barring that, whenever I have a nice song on that fits my mood, or watching some anime or playing a game.

I guess to sum it up, just whenever I can just sit and relax and not have to worry about someone or something bothering me. 0_o

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Mar 10, 2003, 05:52 PM
I defragment my hard drive after downloading and installing updates. To feel really good, I "defragment" my solid state memory i.e. SD memory cards by backing up, reformatting, and copying files back in order.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 10, 2003, 06:10 PM
Truthfully, when I'm alone. I can reminisce about old times, or just think about how I can make my day feel better. However, sometimes that backfires and I get ultra-depressed... It really depends on the events that occur during that day. Something that makes me feel really good is making other people happy..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2003-03-10 15:24 ]</font>

Celes152
Mar 10, 2003, 06:16 PM
While doing a Soul of a Blacksmith run on PSO, and collecting mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Weird? Oh yeah, but meh.

What? I like leveling on PSO..;-;

Foggy_Pete
Mar 10, 2003, 06:33 PM
when i wake up at 10 to find out schools been cancled. theres nothing like sitting alone on my roof and watching the snow fall, wishing i had someone to share it with...it can make me depressed or full of hope. some of my darkest memories and some of my brightest come from that rooftop

FinalMasterM
Mar 10, 2003, 10:12 PM
When I feel love from the opposite sex and/or after eating 10 soft tacos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

hucasts_rock
Mar 10, 2003, 10:15 PM
hmmm...I love laying comfortably listening to several people talk to each other near an open fire...it calms me...dunno why...
POST 300! YAY!

Guile
Mar 10, 2003, 10:21 PM
During sex..I aint playing

-BK-
Mar 10, 2003, 10:28 PM
I the mountains, with a gentle breeze blowing. Can't describe the feeling I get as I look out over the vally before me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alielle
Mar 10, 2003, 10:37 PM
Stargazing, staring at the sea, feeling an inexplicable connection with someone without even having to talk, riding in a car with the windows down at night (if it's not too cold outside), having flashes of creative inspiration, and/or listening to Built to Spill.

When all else fails, there's chocolate.

CajunSamurai
Mar 10, 2003, 10:37 PM
Whenever I'm with friends I'm always feeling my best. And it may sound weird, but I feel even better when music I really like is playing at the same time. Throw in a good game, and you've got the three most important things in my life: Friends, music and games. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

... If I can find a way to add food and sex to the equation... HmmmmmMMMMMmmm. *strokes chin*

Zeebo
Mar 10, 2003, 10:43 PM
Ehm... When i see that red BOX!

Vitamin_D
Mar 11, 2003, 12:12 AM
When i'm alone and not worrying about anything else hapening. I call it "Chillin".

pixelate
Mar 11, 2003, 12:18 AM
When I'm asleep and have no train of thought.

Abaddon
Mar 11, 2003, 12:42 AM
When I meditate to 'Berserk - Earth'

MaJin
Mar 11, 2003, 12:53 AM
On 2003-03-10 15:16, Celes152 wrote:
While doing a Soul of a Blacksmith run on PSO, and collecting mats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Weird? Oh yeah, but meh.

What? I like leveling on PSO..;-;

Heh, same here..just got my Hucast to ult a few days ago. Leveled from 56-91, yup! soul of a blacksmith kick ass and so is my Hucast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

MasterJoel
Mar 11, 2003, 02:46 AM
I was quite literally brought to tears by a creme brulee once... I think I am at my best when I am enjoying a meal with people close to me... God, I never realized how much I like to eat... why is it that I am so gaunt? Maybe you cannot relate to me, but I think that is why I became a culinary student... when I am a chef, I hope to make you people relate to me!

raiden999
Mar 11, 2003, 03:48 AM
anytime i'm not at school or work

Bloodberry
Mar 11, 2003, 06:52 AM
When it's raining outside, sorta dark and cloudy, and I've got no work for the next day. I feel so relaxed and ready to do anything. (Yeah, I like rainy days o_O)

Ness
Mar 11, 2003, 09:59 AM
When I'm on the humidifire or just hanging out with friends. When neither of those are around I just play Morrowind.

Kemon
Mar 11, 2003, 11:21 AM
beating the shit out of stupid newbies that jack my shit

Omni-SqwirL
Mar 11, 2003, 01:24 PM
When I'm with my girlfriend, the love of my life.

Listening to music (i.e. Spineshank, Evanescence, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani)

Also, when I practice playing my bass

ABDUR101
Mar 11, 2003, 04:30 PM
I was going to add more times, but I'll say that anytime my mind isn't covered in worry, thats when I'm feeling my best.

Sometimes being outside, over-exerting myself physically, a nice run through the woods, playing rough with my black lab, fishing, games, anime, talking...it's different all the time. Anytime that I just don't have something looming over my head that is a big worry, thats when I feel my best.

...damn, now that I thought about it, I really want to do afew of those things. >=X

Rotis
Mar 11, 2003, 06:09 PM
Three words: Fap, fap, fap.

(sheesh I'm surprised nobody else said that already... where's ananke when you need him?!)

Vantamiath
Mar 11, 2003, 06:16 PM
Long....hot....showers

Orange_Coconut
Mar 11, 2003, 06:19 PM
omg Alielle, I have the same feelings... I didn't think many others felt the way I did about the stars in the sky, and the cool night breeze... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I guess there is a person out there like me!

-BK-
Mar 11, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-03-11 15:09, Rotis wrote:

(sheesh I'm surprised nobody else said that already... where's ananke when you need him?!)

Pollo_Loco, is that you?

Captain_Anarchy
Mar 11, 2003, 08:08 PM
when im skatin and someone doesnt think im any good so i just do a nice 360 flip god thats the best feeling in the world

Ness
Mar 11, 2003, 08:28 PM

Fap? I don't get it. Can someone enlighten me.

Auracom
Mar 11, 2003, 08:46 PM
I agree with captain anarachy, skating around is good enough for me. I feel relaxed, and calm when I'm skating. Busting out crazy shit makes me feel even better and it gets me hyped up. You don't get a feeling like that from anything else, its great.

Another is just relaxing and talking with friends, like deep conversations not that sissy small talk. Making someone smile is a really great feeling to, epecially the opposite sex. So perty...

FinalMasterM
Mar 11, 2003, 08:53 PM

(sheesh I'm surprised nobody else said that already... where's ananke when you need him?!

*huggles Rotis*

MWHAHAHAHA!!!

CajunSamurai
Mar 12, 2003, 12:07 AM

I don't think most of us were brave enough to say that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Now that you MENTION it, though... *COUGH*

SorceressofTime
Mar 12, 2003, 03:11 AM
when im at my best... it would be when i know that im loved, esp. when people admit it to me or remind me that i am.

another, would be when i lie down and look up at the stars on a warm night where the sky is very clear.

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 12, 2003, 05:40 AM
I'm at my best when someone or something pisses me off. Gotta love a cold rage. . .

neko-chan
Mar 12, 2003, 05:53 AM
On 2003-03-11 17:28, Ness wrote:

I think you're a master of that. Now, think about at what you're good at, and you'll realize what "fap" is.

Phobos-X
Mar 12, 2003, 07:47 AM
karate class. its like im another person once i tie on my obi (belt)

Ness
Mar 12, 2003, 07:48 AM
On 2003-03-12 02:53, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-03-11 17:28, Ness wrote:

I think you're a master of that. Now, think about at what you're good at, and you'll realize what "fap" is.

I'm good at just about everything so that doens't help much.

Phobos-X
Mar 12, 2003, 07:51 AM
fap+fap+fap = spanking the monkey