PDA

View Full Version : GC Hmm... Battle FOmar or FOmarl?

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 28, 2010, 10:11 PM
I personally can never make up my mind on whether I want to use a FOmar or FOmarl these days. I like the tankishness of the FOmarl, but the FOmar's just so cool looking. XD What is everyone's opinion on one as an offline mode Pinkal item hunter?

And if you would, please give me an example on how to build a battle Force mag, because quite frankly, I have no clue on how to go about that.

Eulogy21
Oct 29, 2010, 12:45 AM
If you are doing a melee force, you might want to actually roll with two mags. 1 for power and the other for mind. If you are doing FOmar, you are going to want some nice Dex on your power mag, like 50. So you are looking at a spread of 5/145/50/0 (in other words, 5 def, 145 power, 50 dex).

As for the mind mag, some might suggest doing more defense with it, but mostly going for mind. It really depends on rather you want a rare evolution mag or not. It's easy to get a rare mag for the power mag I suggested, because the evolution requires balance (just makes sure the mag has 5 def, 45 dex, and 50 power when it gets to level 100) (NOTE: make sure your Section ID and Class use this formula to evolve the mag, otherwise, you might have to make a new character for the purpose of evolving the mag). The mind mag would require something like 50 def or 45 dex, then 50 mind to get it to evolve at level 100. Both of these should be fine for either FOmar or FOmarl. If you want an opinion, go FOmar.

Mitz
Oct 29, 2010, 02:32 AM
You should probably go with the one that you enjoy playing the most, or the one that looks more appealing to play. Both FOmar and FOmarls are able to melee so there's no problem there.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 29, 2010, 09:43 PM
If you are doing a melee force, you might want to actually roll with two mags. 1 for power and the other for mind. If you are doing FOmar, you are going to want some nice Dex on your power mag, like 50. So you are looking at a spread of 5/145/50/0 (in other words, 5 def, 145 power, 50 dex).

As for the mind mag, some might suggest doing more defense with it, but mostly going for mind. It really depends on rather you want a rare evolution mag or not. It's easy to get a rare mag for the power mag I suggested, because the evolution requires balance (just makes sure the mag has 5 def, 45 dex, and 50 power when it gets to level 100) (NOTE: make sure your Section ID and Class use this formula to evolve the mag, otherwise, you might have to make a new character for the purpose of evolving the mag). The mind mag would require something like 50 def or 45 dex, then 50 mind to get it to evolve at level 100. Both of these should be fine for either FOmar or FOmarl. If you want an opinion, go FOmar.

Ah, thanks for the advice. I guess I'll go melee FOmar, then. XD And I got plenty of empty MAGs from my Redria HUcast, so I can experiment. Though, I'll need to study feeding charts so that I keep that DEF at 5. One more question is, is it recommended I start with the Mind mag first? Because I know very well how frail Forces start out. XP

HeartBreak301
Oct 29, 2010, 10:33 PM
FOmars will always do more damage, more ATP, more MST.

paracelsus
Oct 29, 2010, 11:53 PM
Here is the build for my FOmar, only thing you need to finish maxing ATP is a God/Power

FOmar end Stats: ATP 967( -35 ), DFP 470( Max ), MST 1340( Max ), ATA 163( Max ), EVP 651( Max ), LCK 100( Max )
Base: ATP 753, DFP 321, MST 990, ATA 138, EVP 551, LCK 10
Materials: Pow 93( +186 ), Def 62( +124 ), Mind 20( +40 ), Evade 40( +80 ), Luck 35( +70 )
Mag: Def 5( +5), Pow 4( +8 ), Dex 46( +23 ), Mind 145( +290 )
God/Ability: ATP 20, DFP 20, MST 20, ATA 2, EVP 20, LCK 20

Also my Mag is a Rati with PB's Estlla, Pilla, and Mylla & Youlla.

RubyEclipse
Oct 30, 2010, 12:57 AM
FOmar, for sure!

The nice part of the FOmar is the ability to go either melee or magic based in battles. If you're rocking rule 1 or area battle, FOmar can be godly if you set them up right and know what you're up against.

Use the Jellen and Zalure to your advantage if you're going melee (or up against anyone save for a FO) and don't be afraid to grab a red saber, etc, for a good melee weapon.

Your built in attack speed bonus is also a huge help, once you can get the timing down. The only hard part is simply leveling up to a point where you can take on just about anything - things start going uphill at about 150+, and only get better from there. Until that point, HP boosting units may be critical depending on how hard your enemy hits.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 01:45 AM
Hehe, due to the overwhelming response, now I have made a FOmar. Thanks for the assistance, everyone. XD It's a big help, really.

Allison_W
Oct 30, 2010, 03:09 AM
Man, FOmarls get no respect. First the cries of "Heal me!" and "Shifta dammit!," then the disparaging moniker of "Resta bitch," and now this. You're just jealous because your dresses aren't half as pretty as ours.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 02:31 PM
Man, FOmarls get no respect. First the cries of "Heal me!" and "Shifta dammit!," then the disparaging moniker of "Resta bitch," and now this. You're just jealous because your dresses aren't half as pretty as ours.

Hmm... Well, I guess I can make a FOmarl as well. XD I respect the FOmarls. Mainly because if I don't respect them, I get Rainbow Scepter'd.

Allison_W
Oct 30, 2010, 04:44 PM
If you want to mix support and melee, by the by, FOmarls can wear a real shield and a real weapon and still get boosted Resta and Anti range instead of having to wear a Healing Merge or a weapon that adds to Resta and Anti range like a FOmar would.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 05:36 PM
Well, true... I guess FOmarl is the best choice for me, then. XD It's like a Paladin in any other MMO, except more hilariously awesome. I might make her a Whitill, just because Slicers are my favorite weapon by far.

Allison_W
Oct 30, 2010, 05:56 PM
Well, true... I guess FOmarl is the best choice for me, then. XD It's like a Paladin in any other MMO, except more hilariously awesome. I might make her a Whitill, just because Slicers are my favorite weapon by far.

Actually, for a paladin I might lean towards a HUnewearl or HUmar (probably a HUnewearl), as they're tougher than forces, but can still cast Resta and Anti. But that said, do as you please. If you want to be a good support force while still fighting in melee, the FOmarl is excellent (and more durable than the FOmar, with better HP and DFP). However, if you don't care so much about playing support and want to focus more on the fighting, you might be better off as a FOmar (with considerably higher ATP, slightly better MST, and Gi-techs boost).

I actually prefer fighting to support myself, but I nonetheless play a FOmarl due to wanting to play a female character--I just take the slightly better toughness, ATA, and Grants bonus as consolation prizes and try not to be too sour about the ATP hit.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 06:23 PM
Actually, for a paladin I might lean towards a HUnewearl or HUmar (probably a HUnewearl), as they're tougher than forces, but can still cast Resta and Anti. But that said, do as you please. If you want to be a good support force while still fighting in melee, the FOmarl is excellent (and more durable than the FOmar, with better HP and DFP). However, if you don't care so much about playing support and want to focus more on the fighting, you might be better off as a FOmar (with considerably higher ATP, slightly better MST, and Gi-techs boost).

I actually prefer fighting to support myself, but I nonetheless play a FOmarl due to wanting to play a female character--I just take the slightly better toughness, ATA, and Grants bonus as consolation prizes and try not to be too sour about the ATP hit.

Actually, I made a big whoopsie on the Paladin comment. XD I meant to say 'Battlepriest', which had slipped my mind until just now. =P But I think a FOmarl could be a more fun alternative, since I can support in offline multiplayer still without needing to juggle Merges. Which in turn means more inventory space.

Allison_W
Oct 30, 2010, 06:26 PM
Actually, I made a big whoopsie on the Paladin comment. XD I meant to say 'Battlepriest', which had slipped my mind until just now. =P But I think a FOmarl could be a more fun alternative, since I can support in offline multiplayer still without needing to juggle Merges. Which in turn means more inventory space.

And also means that you don't lose critical defenses while supporting.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 06:53 PM
And also means that you don't lose critical defenses while supporting.

Okay. I'm now a convert to the way of the FOmarl. XD

Allison_W
Oct 30, 2010, 07:34 PM
Okay. I'm now a convert to the way of the FOmarl. XD

If support is up your alley, sure. On the flip side, if you want to play a FOmar but not use merges or weapons that boost Resta/Anti range, you can always tell your friends to shut up and use mates during pitched fights because you're not their nurse, stick to fighting next to the allies most likely to need healing (whether that's backing up the hunters or protecting the rangers or squishy newman forces) so that they're inside your Resta/Anti range, or suck up running around during fights when someone needs healed.

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 30, 2010, 09:24 PM
If support is up your alley, sure. On the flip side, if you want to play a FOmar but not use merges or weapons that boost Resta/Anti range, you can always tell your friends to shut up and use mates during pitched fights because you're not their nurse, stick to fighting next to the allies most likely to need healing (whether that's backing up the hunters or protecting the rangers or squishy newman forces) so that they're inside your Resta/Anti range, or suck up running around during fights when someone needs healed.

Hehe, I'm not so sure; I'm playing my FOmarl now... And I must say, I like her attack animations MUCH more than a FOmar's. Somehow, she seems to play a lot quicker to me. *is comparing the saber/cane animations* While she doesn't move as far, which is a mixed blessing, she seems a lot more 'quick and to the point' with her attacks. Of course, I also can't wait to get her a Slicer - I've heard good things about FOmarls and Slicers.

Eulogy21
Oct 31, 2010, 03:28 AM
I hear good things about FOmarls with Inferno Bazooka as well. If you have some friends with you, FOmarl could be a better option simply for the support benefits (they also get a bigger boost from grants). If you are alone most of the time, FOmar is a great way to go. When I'm online, if anyone wants heals, they usually come to me anyway (My main secondary is a FOmar). The standard range for resta can be annoying, but it hasn't been too much of an issue.

FoCaster
Oct 31, 2010, 05:51 PM
Hehe, I'm not so sure; I'm playing my FOmarl now... And I must say, I like her attack animations MUCH more than a FOmar's. Somehow, she seems to play a lot quicker to me. *is comparing the saber/cane animations* While she doesn't move as far, which is a mixed blessing, she seems a lot more 'quick and to the point' with her attacks. Of course, I also can't wait to get her a Slicer - I've heard good things about FOmarls and Slicers.

FOmarls have the best slicer animation in the game, though the saber animation is not as proficient as the male animation. Don't forget to take advantage of her 1.5x Grants damage~

Msr. Bojangles
Oct 31, 2010, 07:24 PM
FOmarls have the best slicer animation in the game, though the saber animation is not as proficient as the male animation. Don't forget to take advantage of her 1.5x Grants damage~

Of course. XD Grants will be on my action pallet at all times. Because it is utterly amazing for those things you don't want to get near enough to use a slicer accurately.