PDA

View Full Version : PSII - Hidden Ending?

CaptainPlanet
Oct 29, 2010, 05:04 AM
I was looking around the internet trying to find out all I can about Phantasy Star II, story wise, and I ran across disturbing rumor that there was a hidden ending where you defeated the Earth leader and saw a more complete ending where all the heroes survived. Could someone please verify this for me? I am an avid Phantasy Star fan fiction writer who pays a LOT of attention to detail and this one kinda hung me up when I read about it. Luckily I haven't written any of the story I had in mind yet.

Anyway, is this rumor really true? if so, could someone please explain to me exactly what happened in as much detail as possible? If you could find and link a video to this thread it would be a greatly appreciated alternative. Also, as a plus, if you know of any good sites to get the most detail on classic Phantasy Star lore, I would be forever in your debt. :)

I noticed it here. It is currently the top comment on the video: (just copy the name of the video into the youtube search bar and you should find it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3cwfcuW8MU&feature=related

Mike
Oct 29, 2010, 06:37 AM
The "spacewoman.exe" comment?

CaptainPlanet
Oct 29, 2010, 07:26 AM
The "spacewoman.exe" comment?

It was the one above it, the one that read:

"...the Earthmen is the same scene each character will have before the perceived cliffhanger, once you defeat the leader, you would have one last task before facing Darkness Force, after the battle, you would see a longer ending instead of the same cliffhanger, where all the heroes survive in the new ending."

Drac_Mazoku
Oct 29, 2010, 09:26 AM
I can guarantee that this is pure BS. There's no secret ending...at all, both in the Original and the Remake. The only way you can extend the ending in the remake is by resurecting Nei in your second playthrough with a clear save file from Generation 1 and by following a long, tedious and convoluted way to resurect her. By doing so, she will appear in all the character arts battling the Earthmen at the end. But this will not change the ending. You'll still get the same thing where you're just left with the same question in front of the planet while the credits roll.

CaptainPlanet
Oct 29, 2010, 12:02 PM
Okay, so let me make sure I'm on the level with the ending. Nobody really knows/it was never confirmed what happened after that or what caused the enormous explosion on the surface of the planet?

CaptainPlanet
Oct 29, 2010, 12:11 PM
Also, there are other accounts, some making some highly detailed and far-fetched claims, such as:

"the encounters with Dark Force, Mother Brain & the Earthmen will be roatated in my version of Phantasy Star 2.

Dark force-Mother Brain (SpaceWoman.exe in my version)
Mother Brain-Earthmen
Earthmen-Darkforce

the earthmen can actually be fought this time, Dark Force would appear once their leader (Hadeshivarkas (pronounced Hay-dees-she-vark-kaz) in my version) is killed & they disband & surrender to the resistance peacefully, Dark Force would show up after the player after dropping the earthmen off at Motavia for interagation & flies off to a distance far enough to start the self-destruct sequence.

the game ends with the heroes escaping using the Nei Sword after setting the self-destruct sequence & the ship explodes & Eustace "Rolf" Landeel (formerlyRolf Landale/Eusis Landeel) succeeds his ancestors as the rightful ruler of Algo & gets married to Amianne Amirziki (formerly Anna Zirski/Amia Amirski) instead of a cliff-hanger

sorry if i give out any spoilers."

And the even more outlandish claim of:

"Infact, in my version the captured Earthmen would let the truth about Mother Brain out in the public at the end of their interrogation, also Eustace "Rolf" Landeel would make Motavian sea traveling & Algolian Spacetraveling both legal again.

he'll also view the Earthmen faction as a hate group that tried to destroy algo, after the Daughter project came to a halt, he establishes a ban on computer control & a ban on the symbol of the Earthmen Faction, he also orders a network to be established on Zelan, knowing that humans have too short a life to operate on Zelan, he & his followers built 4-Wren to be incharge of Zelan.

he orders 4-Wren to make life in Algol to be Algol's hope for good conditions."

"he orders 4-Wren to be Algol's hope for good conditions.
there was a mistake in the last sentence of the previous comment."

Where do they get all this info?! Is it really just made up conjecture? I know I personally would love to know what happened after the cliffhanger, and what caused the massive explosion after the credits.

Drac_Mazoku
Oct 29, 2010, 12:15 PM
Enormous explosion??? After the end of the credits??? It's the sun rising, not an explosion.

And since its release in 1989, no one ever find a secret ending, no secret ending was ever mentionned in any book, even the official Phantasy Star compendium let the mystery hover and never mention the heros surviving in the official timeline.

Either the guy on the youtube video just wanted some attention by telling lies, or he played a pirated mod rom, or fan RPG maker project that I don't know about (since I only play official games. If you read the quote again, it's fairly obvious he's not talking about the real game, but more about a future project he wants to make "will be roatated in my version of Phantasy Star 2") where they changed the ending. But officially, there's only 1 ending sadly. This is the source of many speculations in the Phantasy Star fandom, so believe me, if a secret ending ever existed, it would have been found a LONG TIME ago.

Zorafim
Nov 8, 2010, 11:43 AM
"In my version"? It sounds like a ROM hack to me. It also sounds like a good ending fanfic for no reason other than to have a good ending. I wouldn't worry much about it.

Roger Triton
Nov 26, 2010, 02:05 AM
Wow you scared me for a minute. I scrolled right past the video of Generation II. I thought you meant in the original Genesis game (LOLz)

If Gamefaqs doesn't mention it, then it's 99% likely it's not in there.