PDA

View Full Version : Guide Ilias Client Request Glitch/Exploit

CLARK
Oct 30, 2010, 04:57 PM
I was playing offline doing random levels testing the Renkotsu Gren (sp). I apparently had signed up for the for Pit's Twin Sabers client request some time ago. I happened to pick that level (White Beast i think) while my Gren was equiped. My party consisted of White cat, Black cat, and Neo-Elenor (the default mysynth). I had a Delnadi shield (shield of Delsaber:-x) equipped with my Gren and was taking mosters out. Suddenly the game hiccuped and the black glow from the shield got left behind. In other words- it was floating in one spot instead of staying with my shield. The timer from the client request was still going, and I never switched weapons. For some reason it said Ilias's request complete when I finished the level, but it also said my save corrupted (the install data). I collected the twin saber reward and went about my day.:-?
the Gren IS NOT a twin saber... wtf?

Perhaps the kill counter for the gren overwrites the missions kill counter? I'll test it again later.
Edit: It works. Gren overrights the Ilias request. You can complete any of her weapon requests with the Gren. It always says data corrupted, but it's just the instal data. Also it seems the "aura" glitch always occurs some point mid-mission. Edit: Guide is now below.

*removed*

Pavichokche
Oct 30, 2010, 05:08 PM
It would be pretty cool if that turns out to actually work. Please try it again and let us know!

The "aura leaving your weapon and remaining in one spot" thing also happened to me a few times but with a different aura. It's a not uncommon glitch. Here's a picture :D
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8163/snap040.png

Nidramag
Oct 30, 2010, 10:05 PM
those hiccups are common, when the game becomes unable to read the install data.

If you were not aware, the install is likely not corrupt and the game is just stupid, just re-enable to install function after you finish the mission and everything should be dandy.

The effect you got after that, though, is just luck with the game getting confused.

CLARK
Oct 31, 2010, 12:48 AM
It works. From what I can tell you can complete any weapon request by Ilias using the Gren. You're all welcome ;)

Pavichokche
Oct 31, 2010, 01:33 PM
SUHWEEET !!!
By the way, you mean any mission from Pit? Anyway, I congratulate you on that awesome discovery. You should go ahead and write up a little guide for everyone :D

That saber looks like a pretty cool weapon, I should definitely get one. Clearly it shines in lengthy missions where there are many monsters to be killed.

Gintoki-kun
Oct 31, 2010, 01:44 PM
That saber looks like a pretty cool weapon, I should definitely get one. Clearly it shines in lengthy missions where there are many monsters to be killed.

A weapon like Gren really rock on mission with heavy spawn groups plus the effect for the kills....that just awesome.

With this discovery I'll be sure to finish all these annoying Ilias request. :D

Thanks for the information.

Pavichokche
Oct 31, 2010, 01:48 PM
Y'all mean Pit's requests. He's the guy who makes you kill numbers of enemies, while Illias makes you beat missions within a certain time. We're talking about the prior, correct? Because Illias' missions aren't as annoying as Pit's.

Gintoki-kun
Oct 31, 2010, 02:03 PM
Y'all mean Pit's requests. He's the guy who makes you kill numbers of enemies, while Illias makes you beat missions within a certain time. We're talking about the prior, correct? Because Illias' missions aren't as annoying as Pit's.

But I am talking about those missions of Illias that you need a certain weapon to beat it with,plus for Pit I can't find or remember where the monsters he ask for are at.

pso_crash
Oct 31, 2010, 02:26 PM
That is a pretty cool glitch. It might not be worth the effort of getting the gren to drop, but still cool.

CLARK
Oct 31, 2010, 02:41 PM
I mean Ilias. Ilias requires you to use a certain weapon type while clearing a certain level within a time limit on A rank. Gren overwrites the weapon type kill count. In other words, it can be used in the place of said weapon type.
Example: Ilias request: Beat the "White Beast" quest on A rank using only Twin Sabers. You can do it with Gren instead.

Pavichokche
Oct 31, 2010, 03:40 PM
Oh, I see. I have only done a few of Ilias' requests, I guess I haven't gotten to those ones. Sorry.

Pretty cool, still. I'm definitely abusing this thing SO HARD !!!

vPharaohv
Oct 31, 2010, 05:50 PM
Do you think this glitch would work with maybe a range mag instead of a shield? Or are you only allowed to kill with the gren? cause an Eye of Rykros and Gren combo seems like it could be legit.

MOHFL
Nov 1, 2010, 04:40 PM
Do you think this glitch would work with maybe a range mag instead of a shield? Or are you only allowed to kill with the gren? cause an Eye of Rykros and Gren combo seems like it could be legit.

In theory, any left hand weapon can be equiped. Considering how the Gren operates.

Mike
Nov 2, 2010, 07:48 AM
This does not work in the Japanese version 1.01 download. Perhaps calls to installed data screw with the memory.

CLARK
Nov 5, 2010, 07:45 PM
This does not work in the Japanese version 1.01 download. Perhaps calls to installed data screw with the memory.
tested a bit more and my install data hasnt corrupted the last 3 times. It seems it only corrupts if this glitch is done offline. Also you may not use traps or a blast that does damage (If you get a kill with anything other than left weapon or Gren the glitch fails).

Aurica
Nov 10, 2010, 05:22 PM
An awesome find. I commend you Clark.

CLARK
Nov 10, 2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks much Aurica. It's nice to feel appreciated.

d19xx
Nov 10, 2010, 07:33 PM
How about ensa. Will it also work?

CLARK
Nov 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
How about ensa. Will it also work?
it should, same concept

Kage Shiroyuki
Nov 10, 2010, 08:24 PM
Nice glitch CLARK. I need to find a Gren now. I've only done the very first Illias request but seeing that getting Gren would greatly help. Thanks for telling us.

When you were online did you set you're party size to 1?

CLARK
Nov 12, 2010, 01:53 PM
Nice glitch CLARK. I need to find a Gren now. I've only done the very first Illias request but seeing that getting Gren would greatly help. Thanks for telling us.

When you were online did you set you're party size to 1?
No, others can be in your party. It actually helps if others are in your party. Gren gets stronger as long as something dies while it's equipped, so the glitch stays intact regardless of what others do.

Kage Shiroyuki
Nov 15, 2010, 05:04 AM
No, others can be in your party. It actually helps if others are in your party. Gren gets stronger as long as something dies while it's equipped, so the glitch stays intact regardless of what others do.

I see I don't have Gren yet but do have Ensa. I will try the requests with Ensa to see what happens. Still thanks for the info.

EDIT: I did request to use Rods only & if I killed anything with a different weapon I would fail. I just killed an enemy with Ensa & it is letting me continue the request. I will try to clear the mission and see if it lets me collect the reward.

Dragwind
Nov 15, 2010, 07:32 PM
Describing how to do glitches is against the forum rules here, so keep that in mind. The original post has been edited.

Cheat Codes and Methods
Cheating is defined as exploting in-game glitches or outside sources - example: Action Replay - to disingenuously improve your in-game standing or inflict harm on the community. Posting or asking for cheat codes is not allowed. Do not link to sites that contain exploit methods or cheat codes.

MOHFL
Nov 16, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.

None of this describes the above glitch. It is just the act of using a saber (Gren or Ensa) instead of the weapon type requested to use in the Ilias Client requests. The rewards obtained are also quite weak. CLARK made an honest contribution. Moderator Mike didn't even say anything about it (and he commented on the post).

Ceresa
Nov 16, 2010, 04:23 PM
Well you can cheese it while still fulfilling her conditions to the letter as follows:

1. Have an illias request in mind, don't accept it.
2. Run the appropriate mission in multi/internet mode, kill stuff with whatever, ex traps, blade desu (bladesu?)
3. Get to the boss warp/last monster and go back to Clad 6
4. Accept the client request
5. Clear the last mob and thus the mission with the right weapon type.
6. Get paid.

Mike
Nov 16, 2010, 10:39 PM
Dragwind is right and did what I should have done. Explaining how to glitch falls in to cheating category.