PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 SOO...Is it even possible to defeat the Gemaga Shizuru as a Force?

Broken_L_button
Oct 31, 2010, 08:41 PM
Yes. I'm using a Force to go through Gemaga. The whole run goes fairly smoothly until...Shizuru :disapprove:

I can manage to take out his clones by perfect blocking their stabs/slashes with a shield and then counter them by casting Diga in their faces, but I try as much as I can to refrain from doing that to the real Shizuru since he got that annoying insta-kill counter attack (I usually melee him instead).

But, after a short while, the real Shizuru eventually goes into gun mode, one-shotting me despite my best efforts to escape/block (and he insists on warping away and shooting at me from the other side of the room, outside the screen). So, any of you high level Forces running Gemaga got a way to deal with him in when he goes in gun mode?

xBladeM6x
Oct 31, 2010, 08:52 PM
Go Vanguard for 7 levels. Get Burst Bomber and go back to force. Use all your freeze then confuse traps on the clones, and you'll have killed them without breaking a sweat. That leaves you with the regular Shizuru.

Broken_L_button
Oct 31, 2010, 08:56 PM
Go Vanguard for 7 levels. Get Burst Bomber and go back to force. Use all your freeze then confuse traps on the clones, and you'll have killed them without breaking a sweat. That leaves you with the regular Shizuru.

Dang! Can't beleive I missed that XD. I do manage to make it to Shizuru with 9-10 FTs left so I guess this'll be a makor investment...Now for some mind-numbing hard mode Chapter 1 spam 8D

8BitGinno
Oct 31, 2010, 08:59 PM
What Blade said. Traps help immensely to get rid of the clones.

You could also consider Half Defense, for times when it may be helpful. Though I have noticed his insta-kill gun shot seems to not be affected by it, probably due to it being a quick succession of small shots. Might want to check it out.

As soon as I'm done with VA, I might check this out and see if my force can handle Gemega. :)

Broken_L_button
Oct 31, 2010, 09:04 PM
What Blade said. Traps help immensely to get rid of the clones.

You could also consider Half Defense, for times when it may be helpful. Though I have noticed his insta-kill gun shot seems to not be affected by it, probably due to it being a quick succession of small shots. Might want to check it out.

As soon as I'm done with VA, I might check this out and see if my force can handle Gemega. :)

The reason half-defense doesn't work on his bullet insta-kill is because the last bullet hits you for roughly 30% HP when you're in the 10-30% HP range. Though it works wonders on his slashes...especially when he decides to slash me when I'm changing weapons; the lag can leave me 3 whole seconds without being able to guard D:

And good luck...although you'll most likely only need it for Shizuru; the rest of the spawns are being quite stupid actually.

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 1, 2010, 05:15 AM
Yes. I'm using a Force to go through Gemaga.

Just a question....are you using your FOcaseal? if so I'd be very interested to hear how it goes :-D

aduran
Nov 1, 2010, 02:23 PM
Just a question....are you using your FOcaseal? if so I'd be very interested to hear how it goes :-D

i notice as a hunter if im close to him 1 or 2 bullets hit me and my hp is not even half way and a lot of the bullets miss

if i get hit far away with the bullets same level and abilities as before I die instantly.

not sure if playing close as a force will help

Ce'Nedra
Nov 1, 2010, 02:51 PM
especially when he decides to slash me when I'm changing weapons; the lag can leave me 3 whole seconds without being able to guard D:.

Thats a reason i always equip all my weps once i enter a new sector, it loads them there and thus enables you to instant swap through them in combat.

Broken_L_button
Nov 1, 2010, 03:14 PM

Yeah, using my FOcaseal, as always. I can get to Shizuru in 5 minutes flat (7 minutes if I get an existential dilemna about wether or not to go against Shizuru or the Vol brother for another BR poster :D), but then, if I don't take his clones out quick with my FTs -love burst bomber-, he eats me alive.

Thats a reason i always equip all my weps once i enter a new sector, it loads them there and thus enables you to instant swap through them in combat.

Oh? Is that so? So before entering the final warp, I should equip all the items on my pallette once? Guess I'll try that then.

NDW
Nov 1, 2010, 04:11 PM

I do this as well.

Broken_L_button
Nov 1, 2010, 04:24 PM
Well, I beat him. But I'm not proud of it; had to spam traps :disapprove:

But duking it out with the real Shizuru in the end was fun. Now to spam this until he gives me his daggers è_é

RemiusTA
Nov 1, 2010, 04:47 PM
So, any of you high level Forces running Gemaga got a way to deal with him in when he goes in gun mode?

Yep. Change classes.

xBladeM6x
Nov 1, 2010, 04:49 PM
Well, I beat him. But I'm not proud of it; had to spam traps :disapprove:

But duking it out with the real Shizuru in the end was fun. Now to spam this until he gives me his daggers è_é
Hey, there's nothing to be ashamed of unless you're a vanguard. :wacko:

RemiusTA
Nov 1, 2010, 05:03 PM
It's pretty sad. I think you'd have an easier time beating him with anything other than technics. I beat him with traps, a handgun and an axe.

TheToyDolls
Nov 1, 2010, 05:06 PM
Traps or not, beating him as a FOcaseal is quite impressive. Good job my fellow caseal.

pso_crash
Nov 1, 2010, 05:07 PM
Using traps? I have them, but I never use them because nothing usually comes close to me. I'll have to use them more.

Broken_L_button
Nov 1, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's pretty sad. I think you'd have an easier time beating him with anything other than technics. I beat him with traps, a handgun and an axe.

Well, I only use the technics (read here: diga) on the clones when they get too close for comfort; the real Shizuru gets the Twin saber+ blade destruction treatment.

Traps or not, beating him as a FOcaseal is quite impressive. Good job my fellow caseal.

PinkyMonkey
Nov 1, 2010, 07:54 PM
Congrats again on beating it as a FOrce and Casel! And as the above poster said never be ashamed of using traps ..unless you are a VG in which case pop out all the non trap related buttons (which is really only 1 of the main ones) on your PSP and let your puppy play the game and grind Gemaga for you ;)

Gintoki-kun
Nov 1, 2010, 08:55 PM
I can never the fun of soloing Gemega in Lv200,it not fun at all when I am doing is Chain-Killing all those Lv180,And on top of that Shizuru has to be the only meathead to ruin my experience -_-

Congrats on doing as a FOcasel!That is a really amazing skill you got there. :D

Ce'Nedra
Nov 2, 2010, 11:24 AM
Oh? Is that so? So before entering the final warp, I should equip all the items on my pallette once? Guess I'll try that then.

Won't work. You have to load it for each new sector. That means in your case inside the room you fight Shizuru (unless there is a room before in the same block, never played Gemaga).

Just see it like this, every time your game has to load a new area, whether a new sector, cake/pizza warp or a boss warp, you need to load your weapons anew. Doing it at the start of each sector just speeds up the progress so you're not vurnable during combat cause you have to wait 5 seconds to load a weapon.

It really helps alot, specially for these with the UMD version, the digital version should suffer lesser from this.