PDA

View Full Version : Do NPCs use extended weapons??

Akuno Ayanokoji
Nov 1, 2010, 12:16 AM
I bring this up since I was noticing this while playing a MAX IV A run.

I had Magashi and Vivienne with, as it seems those are the only two NPCs i can take with me to any DLC missions in multimode, like MAX missions.

Well, while I, not we, was pwning Shizuru, i saw Magashi switch from his usual S ranked Axe to what looks like a generic C ranked sword. I wasn't paying complete attention, but one second he was eqquipped with his Axe and then next I looked at him, he had a C ranked sword equipped (could have been an Ultimate C-rank but I don't know).

Same thing with Vivenne, I saw her switch from her "Vivienne" to some S rank twin handguns and then she was equipped with a C rank twin saber.

Not sure what the hell is going on. So if anyone else has seen this and know anything about it, please inform this one :P

Alexandria
Nov 1, 2010, 12:28 AM
NPC's use C rank weapons during boss fights. As for the extended weapons, I doubt it. You can tell if a weapon is exteded if it makes a flash effect when you equip it.

Tyreek
Nov 1, 2010, 02:56 AM
Actually, NPCs, use upgraded weapons for every 10 or so levels you are. My npcs are at the point where they are using A ranks and slightly a few S ranks. As for extended weapons, very doubtful. Kraz... Maybe. I'm still watching him.

Alexandria
Nov 1, 2010, 03:06 AM
Actually, NPCs, use upgraded weapons for every 10 or so levels you are. My npcs are at the point where they are using A ranks and slightly a few S ranks. As for extended weapons, very doubtful. Kraz... Maybe. I'm still watching him.

They change weapons every 50 levels. But in boss fights they always use C/B ranks.

Mike
Nov 1, 2010, 04:44 AM
They change weapons every 50 levels. But in boss fights they always use C/B ranks.
This "bug" happened in the Japanese version as well. If it happens in the English version too, I wonder if it's actually supposed to be that way.

Infinite Eternity
Nov 1, 2010, 04:55 AM
They change weapons way less than every 50 levels. I found they use weapons 10 levels below their level. Not all of them but some.

This is 10 levels below but it isn't a 50 level difference.
Emilia used Apocalypse around 120? I think, at 140 she is now use the Tiga Ragan, so many 20 levels below?

And maybe the C rank weapons are kubara versions?