PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Forces?

Omunall
Nov 7, 2010, 05:29 AM
I'm curios about this type. I don't see a lot of forces online, and i'm always hearing that newmans don't make good forces, as well as techs in general are a gimmick or are useless. Is this true? I'm playing a cast atm, but i always used forces (FOney and FOmarl) from PSO, i really wanted to use them now...but i don't want to pick a crappy class.

pso_crash
Nov 7, 2010, 06:00 AM
My experience is that, in PSPo2, it is not at all an easy class to play. Sometimes it seems that their only redeeming quality is crowd control, and only if the mobs stay together. I personally like playing as force, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Don't try playing it unless you are really committed to playing that class.

Omunall
Nov 7, 2010, 06:03 AM
So abusing enemy elements desn't work well with techs? I was mainly curious about their usefulness. I'm not very far into the game but some ofthe rods and wands seem to do well in combination with damage types, maybe not as much as a melee or ranged but it doesn't seem to be pure trash :(

Just hoping. Newmans seems underpowered, but i just hate not having my FOney :(

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 7, 2010, 01:07 PM
Just hoping. Newmans seems underpowered, but i just hate not having my FOney :(

Play a FOnewearl if you want, just be prepared to die alot unfortunately! Newmans of course have the lowest defenses of any race, partnered with the class with the lowest defenses isn't good. If you REALLY want to be a force, I'd suggest FOmarl, as female humans have comparable tech damage, much better defenses, and can still melee a little bit better than a newman.

Lolitron
Nov 7, 2010, 01:23 PM
Techs suck compared to Blade Destruction and Ex Traps.

Broken_L_button
Nov 7, 2010, 02:19 PM

Unfortunately, this person speaks the truth. The only "useful" offensive techs (IMO) are Diga, Nosdiga (for knocking down big enemies), Noszonde (for knocking down groups of enemies from far away and bullying flying enemies and that ground type dragon boss), gizonde (it can finish off a few pesky enemies that come too close), and Rabarta (for the knockdown+freeze). So, with only this restricted part of your tech arsenal being "useful", your techs will only serve a few situational uses:

-taking care of electric type enemies/robots in general
-taking care of most ground type enemies
-knocking down big charging douchebags
-knocking down flying douchebags
-taking out stuff you don't want to melee from afar

Add to that the fact that techs only become somewhat effective if your wand/rod has the proper element and % (over 50, please), and empowers said element. Though, if you know how and when to switch your battle style, playing as a force can be just as easy as any other class; you'll just have no EX traps and limited stats. Personally, I like using the forces. Also, to people picking a race because of defense, I say "lolno". DEF is never worth it, unless you totally nullify melee damage with it...which NEVER happens in this game unless you're 150 levels above what you're fighting.

...But that's all my opinion anyways.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Nov 7, 2010, 02:35 PM
Is it just me or has Forces been nerfed severely in PSP2? Because I just started one and all I have to say is "Holy eff is this class sucky!"

Alexandria
Nov 7, 2010, 02:40 PM
Is it just me or has Forces been nerfed severely in PSP2? Because I just started one and all I have to say is "Holy eff is this class sucky!"

I dunno about wands and rods, but Madoogs most definitely got their TP nerfed. They also lost their faster casting speed.

Evegodenraven
Nov 7, 2010, 02:57 PM
well heres the thing. you would honestly have to find a good party to play with. because if the chain on the mobs you attack aren't high enough, then don't expect to do a lot of damage.

sidenote: and i don't mean only chain breaking spells, your normal spells get affected by the chain on the mob if i'm not mistaken. higher the chain, the more dmg all your spells do, but you do have spells that can break chains and you have to worry about which spells you use.

i was with a force that kepts braking our chains at 1 and i ended up kicking them, lol....
but i do play force more then i usually want to play any other class other then hunter which is my main class.(but thats because i have psycho wand <3)

and plus, it's easy to play force, you just need to know how to play.
if you do play forces, i suggest either you do rods or wand+shield. but also once you get higher into your force lvls, get a few melee weapons going for you

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
but Madoogs most definitely got their TP nerfed. They also lost their faster casting speed.

I was wondering about that actually :( And someone said Megid no longer has a chance to OHKO either

8bitBass
Nov 7, 2010, 03:08 PM
I played a force in PSO, but not since then until PSPS2 came out.

It is indeed a harder class, but has a radically different playstyle vs the other classes. Like others have said, a good force will help freeze a mob with Rabarta and also drive up the chain level. I play using this tactic about 80% of the time. If the chain level is high enough you can actually do major damage with spells like grantz etc. As long as you keep you distance and allow the fighters to occupy the horde, you will survive.

The fonawearl has the highest PP which can help with techs or bullets.

As far as weapons, I have found whips fun but useless along with pretty much any melee. I am working on equipping better bows which can add some distance while PP recharges.

NDW
Nov 7, 2010, 06:20 PM
And someone said Megid no longer has a chance to OHKO either

Megid in PSPo2 infects. Infection lowers the target's status abnormality resistance (STA), making it easier to hit them with other status abnormalities.

Alexandria
Nov 7, 2010, 06:46 PM
Megid in PSPo2 infects. Infection lowers the target's status abnormality resistance (STA), making it easier to hit them with other status abnormalities.

What I wanna know is, how MUCH does it lower it by?

Nidramag
Nov 7, 2010, 07:43 PM
an insignificant amount because STA is pretty useless in PSP2 compared to PSU. The infection will probably never make a noticeable difference, but might get you a bit more paranoid about those bel pannons.

Now, as far as forces, there's no two ways about it - they deal worse damage at a slower rate and have almost negligible benefits as far as a class They were almost the same in PSO, they were weaker, like it or not.

However, this game is about fun and if you want to play as one, have fun playing as one. If you just want a challenge, go for it - this is repeated by everyone that is a real gamer.

Personally, I always played as a battle FOmar before, and while my character is now a newman, I made him male because I wanted to and a vanguard because, well, even before PSP2 I loved traps, and always combined support techs with good melee.

The biggest killers have got to be how techs throw away so much PP (which doesn't even ever raise as far as level 1-200 goes) and it's horribly underranked damage... it's sad. They just got screwed with unbalance.

Omunall
Nov 7, 2010, 11:36 PM
They were almost the same in PSO, they were weaker, like it or not.

Lol! FOnewm with the proper equipment is the farthest from weak i can think of. Forces were overpowered end game, and were the easiest to run ults offline IMO. It just requires a lot...and i mean a lot of paitence and equipment.

But anyway, i'm a bit sad that they suck so badly now. Let me ask, how useful would a Neweral be at being a VA or a RA? Andwhat are Ex traps? I re-made my cast last night, tried out the Neweral and she seems fine doing RA, but i'm not sure if i just made abigmistake by switching. (I loved the Cast but i don't like the EVP thing)

One other thing i'm curious about. Who has the best charged ability? (Beast form, SUV, Mirage)

Broken_L_button
Nov 7, 2010, 11:50 PM
IMO, it's:

SUV > Mirage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nanoblast.

...Unless it's the black one. Killling teammates always puts a smile in people's faces /sarcasm?

Omunall
Nov 8, 2010, 12:25 AM
Wait...what? Beasts nanoblast sucks?

Broken_L_button
Nov 8, 2010, 12:33 AM
Well...Compared to the other stuff, it seems they are rather...unwelcome in parties. In all Nanoblast forms, you can't heal yourself (so, if you get hit by something in a moment of recklessness, that might be bad for you), and the chance of nanoblast frenzy is higher for the invincibility Nanoblast and that-other-one-that-I-can't-remember. Though, they look cool, especially the black one (Nanoblast frenzy).

Roontek
Nov 8, 2010, 11:46 PM

el oh el...

Two of the most overused worthless items in this game... *shrug* but I suppose you play what you like, at least for those not looking for a challenge.

Omunall
Nov 9, 2010, 12:57 AM
el oh el...

Two of the most overused worthless items in this game... *shrug* but I suppose you play what you like, at least for those not looking for a challenge.

I take it you use a force? Do they end up dealing some kind of useable damage in the end? I'm talking newmans, just wondering if the ranged/tech power will increase to be able to not just support chains. I'm lookingat it like playinga FOmarl orFOmar.

Altoh
Nov 9, 2010, 01:04 AM
I had a Cast Force in my party no to long ago named Alexandria. in my opinion, which still shocks me, they were really good despite the fact that cast and force seem like they wouldn't mix.

pso_crash
Nov 9, 2010, 02:16 AM
I had a Cast Force in my party no to long ago named Alexandria. in my opinion, which still shocks me, they were really good despite the fact that cast and force seem like they wouldn't mix.

On paper they look awful. They are probably more versatile than other races, but are more dependent on gear and abilities.

Broken_L_button
Nov 9, 2010, 01:29 PM
^This.

If I want my techs to actually do damage to stuff, I have to painstalkingly hunt some 50+ %s wands and rods, and farm extend codes to make it have the "empower XXX" effect. But, I'm not regretting it; I know my damage is crap compared to melee (Blade destruction and Assault crush void the need of using EX traps whenever I want to level up Vanguard), but hitting 500+ with line techs without chaining on stuff 45+ levels above me is still nice.

EDIT: I also like seeing the fireworks techs make!! They go BOOM!! 8D

Tek[+]Lok
Nov 9, 2010, 02:07 PM
I've always been a support force. I always use the shift/deband/jellen/zalure technics and resta of crouse. But in that respect its incredibly useful to teamwork when you lvl up. Your team will destroy everything and you are guaranteed exp because these technics cast wide. Even as a hunter I plan to utilize the lvl 15 technics that I can.

NeonaPulsar
Nov 9, 2010, 03:50 PM

I agree with you there. I started as a Force, and played it to class Lv.6. Character Lv. (40 i think) But i KEPT dieing, left and right to the most harmless of hostiles. Not fun :disapprove:

So, Neona is a Vangaurd. I do hope to go back at some point to play as a Force again.

----

As for PSP1, Neona is still a Force, at Character Lv. 70 :D

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 9, 2010, 04:32 PM

I'm raising one myself, well, I've raised ranger and vanguard to lvl 10, working on hunter at the moment for those delicious resist freezing, sleep etc and inside I'm slightly dreading finally switching to force :-P but it's something I'm intent on trying!

Silverheart
Nov 10, 2010, 07:53 PM
Honestly I don't think forces suck per say as much as they got hit with the "challenging class" stick. By Sega's train of thought reducing the amount of mistakes you can make during a mission combined with limited scapes, reliance on spell levels and weapon %, and more than unforgiving enemies at the S rank levels, makes a class more challenging to play. While it is true to some effect, I honestly think they went about it the wrong way.
Anyway, I have been enjoying my Newman Force. Made it through story mode at level 65-70ish and I'll admit I had some items from a higher level character (120ish) to thank for that but it was still a rough trip. Forces seem to shine on the smaller enemies that can be knocked down, frozen, etc, easily. Larger enemies are a pain as well as some bosses but if you're willing to work through some frustration you might find some interesting tricks to taking down the baddies. I personally learned how much Bag Deggas love Radiga.

Nidramag
Nov 10, 2010, 10:32 PM
Honestly I don't think forces suck per say as much as they got hit with the "challenging class" stick. By Sega's train of thought reducing the amount of mistakes you can make during a mission combined with limited scapes, reliance on spell levels and weapon %, and more than unforgiving enemies at the S rank levels, makes a class more challenging to play. While it is true to some effect, I honestly think they went about it the wrong way.
Anyway, I have been enjoying my Newman Force. Made it through story mode at level 65-70ish and I'll admit I had some items from a higher level character (120ish) to thank for that but it was still a rough trip. Forces seem to shine on the smaller enemies that can be knocked down, frozen, etc, easily. Larger enemies are a pain as well as some bosses but if you're willing to work through some frustration you might find some interesting tricks to taking down the baddies. I personally learned how much Bag Deggas love Radiga.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but this isn't the case. They aren't a "challenging class" they're a "class screwed by the system". We're talking raw statistics, they have literally worse damage stat-wise and are harder to use than other classes. Obviously you can manage to use one, and get to level 200, and enjoy it. And that's fine. But they will just never be the main damage dealers compared to the other classes. Nowhere near.

Broken_L_button
Nov 10, 2010, 10:44 PM
I don't mean to burst your bubble, but this isn't the case. They aren't a "challenging class" they're a "class screwed by the system". We're talking raw statistics, they have literally worse damage stat-wise and are harder to use than other classes. Obviously you can manage to use one, and get to level 200, and enjoy it. And that's fine. But they will just never be the main damage dealers compared to the other classes. Nowhere near.

Heh, it's sad but true. Sometimes, I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I outdamage my own tech damage -and I use my techs on the right mobs, mind you- by using un-extended twin sabers (granted, they're the Ikos from the Max exchange used on the right element, but still...). And I doubt equiping any element advance skills will change that. Though, I gotta say, I still enjoy being a Force. Fireworks are THAT awesome man...

Nidramag
Nov 10, 2010, 11:07 PM
Totally yeah

PinkyMonkey
Nov 11, 2010, 12:13 AM
Heh, it's sad but true. Sometimes, I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I outdamage my own tech damage -and I use my techs on the right mobs, mind you- by using un-extended twin sabers (granted, they're the Ikos from the Max exchange used on the right element, but still...). And I doubt equiping any element advance skills will change that. Though, I gotta say, I still enjoy being a Force. Fireworks are THAT awesome man...

Well said! min/maxers are actually nerfed in real life. I agree that games shouldn't be second jobs, but the easiest path is often the most boring.

Silverheart
Nov 11, 2010, 12:27 AM

Heh I think you misunderstood my meaning for "challenging class" (Was trying to quote the game's description of the class but didn't wanna bring up the new character menu). I didn't mean that they are just for skillful people or anything I just meant they got screwed by Sega's defination of the phrase challenging. Honestly this game doesn't get any harder persay but the higher up you do in ranks the more unfair the system becomes (OHKO Diga and the like).

They can still be fun to play but yeah, I feel you guys on the damage dealing thing. Why make a class thats a glass cannon that can't fire the way its supposed to?

Edit: Haven't really noticed the dealing damage thing to be honest yet cause of the lower level. Just know mainly about the taking damage part so thats what I based my statement on.

Omunall
Nov 11, 2010, 06:58 PM
Lol, this thread went to an interesting read :)

I went ahead and played my FOneweral for the past few days, got her up to lvl 78. I have not done any other job type so far (except i switched to a hunter for a bit at lvl 50 to see her damage compared to my CAST, which with a few extra combos she hit the same). I have been using pure techs, and playing with my wife's beast in multi. I have noticed a whole lot of people seem to either see the newmans in a different light because (i'm not in high level missions, so i'm not sure if that just changes everything) the techs have more uses than damage. I mean forces can status entire mobs with the weapons and techs they have, and too many times did the buffs, debuffs, and healing techs combined with the clas boosts had helped her. I don't think the techs do as much damage as i would like, but with certain elements and rods/wands, and weapon swtiching, i have been able to kill things 20 levels over me for the past 35 levels, and i can hit every time.

Like i said, i'm not saying she's out damaging, but she's really helping the team. Knock down, freeze, burn, the freedom to actually drop traps without worrying about "omg mah DPS will fall!" and in general buffing, healing, and using things like GIfoie to knock pets the hell away from you while you do it all lol.

You guys play this game to hard IMO if you don't have fun with it. I'm not having an anxiety attack over my finish times, so long as the team gets an S rank. (which isn't hard to do)

pso_crash
Nov 12, 2010, 03:06 AM
Yea, like I mentioned in my first post, crowd control is their saving grace. EX traps look like they can do it better, but not constantly. I think forces do outdamage other classes(except for vanguards) when taking on groups of mobs. At level 110, I'm do 1600-2000 damage on groups of mobs every hit. The damage is spread out, but it's still there. Once the group thins/spreads out, my DPS plumets. Then I pull out the knuckles and help build chains :P

Omunall
Nov 12, 2010, 03:15 AM
Yea, like I mentioned in my first post, crowd control is their saving grace. EX traps look like they can do it better, but not constantly. I think forces do outdamage other classes(except for vanguards) when taking on groups of mobs. At level 110, I'm do 1600-2000 damage on groups of mobs every hit. The damage is spread out, but it's still there. Once the group thins/spreads out, my DPS plumets. Then I pull out the knuckles and help build chains :P

Well i will have to play more to find out if her damage will turn out to be any good, BUt i can say she is useful, and that's just what i wanted haha. (FOneweral/FOmarl player from PSO...never really worried about killing much)

TheToyDolls
Nov 12, 2010, 02:55 PM
I've played Vanguard and Hunter around level 100 but I've found my FOnewearl to be the most fun. Soloing is not easy, so I mostly play online in groups and I have a ton of fun. I've never been so concentrated on big damage because I've always found it to be boring, but I love the control you get with a Force along with high level Technics looking pretty badass. And as previously stated, groups of enemies clustered together can get messed up by a good Force with high technics and good gear. I love Radiga hitting a group of 4 enemies for 600-700 damage each =) Especially on dragon bosses they go down so fast with high level Ra-techs.

If you want to do well with Force you should have access to high level tech drops and weapons/modules. Force is not a fun class to solo with, and not a class to play if you want to do good damage. It's just different. And I love it.

Omunall
Nov 12, 2010, 05:47 PM
Any suggestions on what techs to assign to what option? Would RA techs always be better assigned to the triangle, or would some be useful if pulled on a square so they can be spammed w/o breaking a combo.

TheToyDolls
Nov 12, 2010, 06:43 PM
I use Radiga on square. Rabarta and Razonde are relatively slower compared to Radiga, Ramegid, and Rafoie. I prefer Radiga because it is quick and the confuse helps greatly against caster enemies. Basically my setup is:

Triangle - Noszonde (must have technic)
Square - Radiga (or your preference)
Trigger + Triangle - Diga (For breaking a chain)
Trigger + Square - Foie (quick cast, easy to use, and cheap)

I usually just use Noszonde for crowd control, and if I'm going to end a chain that's what Diga is for. Again the technics also depend on your preference and what your wand/tech mag, or rod's attribute/empower is.

Silverheart
Nov 12, 2010, 09:43 PM
I agree, Diga is a nice chain breaker since it has such a high tech %, just wanted to throw that in there.

If you're going for elemental weaknesses don't forget that every technic you link with the correct element as the weapon grants a extra 5% bonus to the elemental damage.

To answer your question about the Ra techs, the casting speed varies for each one so some are better as triangle and some as square, example I use zonde, zonde, razonde since razonde itself is has a really long cast time.

Omunall
Nov 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
Okay sounds good. I have not seen all the techs so far for some reason, i suppose i would have to hunt them. I was thinking about diga as a chain breaker (too bad you can't have diga on both haha) but this info helps a lot.

I have also been using GIfoie on my healing/buff/debuff setup for groups. If i'm busy dropping trap, buff.debuff, and healing,gifoie seems good to keep you safe if you get ganged up on.

What's up with the megid one that saps health? Never seems to work for me, it just sits there and hits once or twice while i hold it, but never fast enough. Do the techs get any better at lvl25-30?

TheToyDolls
Nov 12, 2010, 09:59 PM
Basically each Technic has 3 levels: 1-10, 11-20, and 21-30. They get better tech damage and usually an added bonus like hitting an extra enemy or higher level status effect. If you want to check out what the high level techs look like, see this awesome video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8c3dcrMOA

Don't use Megiverse, it's bad.

Omunall
Nov 12, 2010, 10:07 PM
Basically each Technic has 3 levels: 1-10, 11-20, and 21-30. They get better tech damage and usually an added bonus like hitting an extra enemy or higher level status effect. If you want to check out what the high level techs look like, see this awesome video:

YouTube - ?PSPo2?????? LV21-30 (TECHNICs) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR8c3dcrMOA)

Don't use Megiverse, it's bad.

Now i'm just happy :)

Silverheart
Nov 13, 2010, 12:20 AM
Me wants the lvl 21 spells now... those were cool as hell! :D

RemiusTA
Nov 13, 2010, 12:58 AM
The force class isn't worth 1/20th the shit you have to go through to make it a decent class.

Every other class does what you do way better than you can. They also do it faster, and far safer than you, as well. The technic system in PSU/PSPo2 is completely broken. It just doesn't work.

PSU had the same issue. Your force was borderline useless unless you spent hours upon hours in SeeD Express/ Sleeping Warriors spamming your spells because 1) they didn't level through regular play, 2) the only evolutions your technics get are every 10 levels, and 3) your technics at their lv1-10 form were absolute garbage. Sometimes even the lv 11-20 forms were completely subpar. You'll have fun playing a force i guess, but you'll almost never feel like your trouble is justified through your abilities. It just isn't there. And im not even going to start elaborating about just how many of your spells are completely useless. (about 96% of them, to be exact)

For the time it takes Rabarta or Razonde to finally fire off, you'd expect to see either multiple thousands of damage, or you'd expect every enemy on your screen to a) be sitting the fuck down and b) dying. Instead, your chain has likely already ended, and you're about to be hit. (and killed. If you're a newman.) Worse case scenario, you've missed entirely. Now you have to dodgeroll that koltova coming to charge you, but you're out of PP. Oops, he hit you. Time to use Resta! Too bad it takes 3 seconds to cast off. The enemy is going to hit you the absolute second your spell casts, and you're going to die.

TheToyDolls
Nov 13, 2010, 01:03 AM
You may be right. In fact, you are right.

But where's the fun in that? To each their own. I'm having much more fun on my Force than I ever had on my Hunter/Vanguard.

I would love to see them give us a buff, but I haven't seen much other than this new blocking with a rod and moving while casting thing. And even still they put restrictions on those.

RemiusTA
Nov 13, 2010, 01:15 AM
i had way more fun on my force than any of my other characters.

And thats why it pisses me off so much. They're my favorite class, but they're borderline useless. They suck at almost everything in this game, and it's like they dont even notice how badly they suck. Only time forces were decent in PSU was during v1.

lilibat
Nov 13, 2010, 01:42 AM
I miss PSO Rafoie, oh my little mushroom clouds where have you gone? Oh and PSO Zonde. *sigh*

I am just going to level as much as I can and try to not worry too much. I don't die that much with my newsman force as long as I really pay attention, though being able to carry more than one scape doll would be nice.

Silverheart
Nov 13, 2010, 03:39 AM
Not gonna argue that Forces are the weakest class in the game (especially since Sega shafted them with 4 crappy stats and only 2 "high" ones, one of which only really matters imo), but I think its all about how you play em in the end. I've been going more for a support type myself and its working pretty well so far, but I'm not gonna lie, there are some seriously frustrating times.

If Sega ever does decide to look at the class and realize its underpowered I'd hope that the level 30 stat percents would look something like
HP - 100%
ATP - 90%
DFP - 80-90%
ATA - 95-105%
EVP - 120%
TP - 150%
MST - 135%

Or something along those lines. Just some wishful thinking. In the meantime, watching the explosions are still really fun.

Shakuri
Nov 13, 2010, 09:17 AM
Only time forces were decent in PSU was during v1.

Masterforce post GAS.

A big hi.

Omunall
Nov 13, 2010, 10:00 PM
For the time it takes Rabarta or Razonde to finally fire off, you'd expect to see either multiple thousands of damage, or you'd expect every enemy on your screen to a) be sitting the fuck down and b) dying. Instead, your chain has likely already ended, and you're about to be hit. (and killed. If you're a newman.) Worse case scenario, you've missed entirely. Now you have to dodgeroll that koltova coming to charge you, but you're out of PP. Oops, he hit you. Time to use Resta! Too bad it takes 3 seconds to cast off. The enemy is going to hit you the absolute second your spell casts, and you're going to die.

Lol! While i agree a lot of the spells are useless (i mean i seem to do a better job killing the dragon with Foie vs Barta...) but all the stuff you said right here...what? You're bad at force lol! But i see your point, they aren't easy to handle in a solo battle situation, it seems far to easy for them to get flattened.

You may be right. In fact, you are right.

But where's the fun in that? To each their own. I'm having much more fun on my Force than I ever had on my Hunter/Vanguard.

I would love to see them give us a buff, but I haven't seen much other than this new blocking with a rod and moving while casting thing. And even still they put restrictions on those.

I think if they did a force only buff on spells per race, it would make a nice change in pace for the tech casting (like PSO did with the forces).I Use newman, and so far i'm not actually having an issue solo, lvl 113. I know i have yet to get into the higher areas, but it's quite fun to exploit the techs and traps to do damage. But they are for support, and they do that job very well. They chain well, they status very well, and they can help the team...sooo...i am not sure if buffs are needed too much considering if you want to do damage, you can just switch your class type and there ya go. The other classes cannot support anywhere near as well as a force, so whenever i play in a team, especially with a beast player or somethin, i rack up huge chains and buff/debuff the whole time to help them see some crazy numbers, and keep them alive so they can continue without thinking about any stats lol.

THAT is my fun. But i do with some techs were buffed...i mean, the barta techs are borderline useless to me so far, other than RA. I think Newmans need to get a bonus for their race, like a 2X tech damage or somethin, that would be sweet.

NicorTheDuke
Nov 14, 2010, 02:34 AM
When i started the game i thought being a force was something badass,but my dreams were shatterd..so i Turned Force into a Ranger/Hunter Combo to suit my Types few areas in Atttack and Defense.after i did that i was able to put the Hunter and Vangaurd classes to shame.im LvL 138 almost 139 Cast Force Type.I started at lvl 1 as a force and still am 1.though have terrible defense is a set back even with buffs

Omunall
Nov 14, 2010, 04:38 AM
When i started the game i thought being a force was something badass,but my dreams were shatterd..so i Turned Force into a Ranger/Hunter Combo to suit my Types few areas in Atttack and Defense.after i did that i was able to put the Hunter and Vangaurd classes to shame.im LvL 138 almost 139 Cast Force Type.I started at lvl 1 as a force and still am 1.though have terrible defense is a set back even with buffs

Yeah i understand where you're coming from. I was surprised at how well i was doing with tech damage for awhile, up till lvl 110 or so...but i decided to try out a rifle i found and since then i'm a bit disapointed in the tech damage. They are awesome for support mind you, but for personal runs or team damage, it seems ranged/melee is so far suporior it's not funny. Take that into the fact that any class can self support with lvl 15 techs, it's sort of a bummer.

I still like to support, but i'm running my RAcast now, doing loads of damage. I'm just waiting for that SUV everyone keeps talking about.

Nidramag
Nov 14, 2010, 10:41 AM
The other classes cannot support anywhere near as well as a force, so whenever i play in a team, especially with a beast player or somethin, i rack up huge chains and buff/debuff the whole time to help them see some crazy numbers, and keep them alive so they can continue without thinking about any stats lol.

Realize how much I hate saying this.
a Vanguard can heal/GiResta/Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure pretty much as well as a force with their level 20 techs, and all CASTs can give a superior Shifta/Deband with their SUV's.
Their chaining is significantly slower than any other class as well.
They're just effed up.

Blizz3112
Nov 14, 2010, 05:37 PM
Having high MST is fun when enemies use techniques or technique-like attacks, however, the fast physical enemies always seem to reduce your HP bar much too quickly. They should give the Force class a much higher Defense (preferably higher than the Vanguard), so that they can actually survive better and don't die by high-damage attacks as easily as they do now...

Omunall
Nov 14, 2010, 10:34 PM
Realize how much I hate saying this.
a Vanguard can heal/GiResta/Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure pretty much as well as a force with their level 20 techs, and all CASTs can give a superior Shifta/Deband with their SUV's.
Their chaining is significantly slower than any other class as well.
They're just effed up.

I don't mean just healing/buff support when using support. The force class can use techs the best, over a VA. Techs don't do a whole lot of damage, but in combination with the status, knockdown, freeze, etc. anf the buff/debuff/healing support, makes forces a better role for pure support. VA can do healing and buff support, but is better to throw in damage as well. This leaves the VA playing a different role, but if a Force is present, it can mean the VA can just stick to damage and evading anything thrown at them, increasing the teams damage. It's just that Forces are really only to be played as a support role, since it can help the team far more than if the class is played as a f aux damage dealer. (I thought they could do something like adding damage at first, but after playing a newman FO, they are really just perfect for support, and do best at it.)

RemiusTA
Nov 14, 2010, 11:26 PM
Masterforce post GAS.

A big hi.

Whatever. I quit a long time before our crappy servers got that update.

And it still doesn't matter. That's like saying Force is a good class just because of Masterforce. What happened to the other 4 force variants?

And just to make sure we're clear (as i really have no clue how good Masterforce is because Fortetecher sucked so fucking bad), saying its a good class while using Psycho Wands, Lv50 technics and abilities you can only get once you've hit the level cap is a moot point. It just further proves that overall, the class is still utter trash. Psycho Wands have always been the only redeeming quality of a Force. Getting your technics to lv 21+ was never an option -- it was a necessity, since your shit sucked so bad.

pso_crash
Nov 15, 2010, 02:56 AM
As much as I see people rip on forces, I can't seem to give up on mine. To me, it is most entertaining class in PSPo2. I just don't get the same satisfaction playing other classes. I really do like the challenge.

terrell707
Nov 15, 2010, 11:13 PM
Whatever. I quit a long time before our crappy servers got that update.

And it still doesn't matter. That's like saying Force is a good class just because of Masterforce. What happened to the other 4 force variants?

And just to make sure we're clear (as i really have no clue how good Masterforce is because Fortetecher sucked so fucking bad), saying its a good class while using Psycho Wands, Lv50 technics and abilities you can only get once you've hit the level cap is a moot point. It just further proves that overall, the class is still utter trash. Psycho Wands have always been the only redeeming quality of a Force. Getting your technics to lv 21+ was never an option -- it was a necessity, since your shit sucked so bad.

Lol.

Terrell707 likes this post.

TheToyDolls
Nov 15, 2010, 11:20 PM
As much as I see people rip on forces, I can't seem to give up on mine. To me, it is most entertaining class in PSPo2. I just don't get the same satisfaction playing other classes. I really do like the challenge.

Amen brotha.

NicorTheDuke
Nov 15, 2010, 11:54 PM
Well techs are sucky,but im a force i just use techs for atk&def ups..my main attacks are with sabers and axes

MOHFL
Nov 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
Well techs are sucky,but im a force i just use techs for atk&def ups..my main attacks are with sabers and axes

FOcast ftw LMAO

NER0
Dec 8, 2010, 02:38 PM
Are forces more viable as higher lvl chars to switch to later after you've acquired nice rares and 21+ lvl tech discs?

Rashiid
Dec 8, 2010, 03:20 PM
Are forces more viable as higher lvl chars to switch to later after you've acquired nice rares and 21+ lvl tech discs?

I was hoping so since my plan was to use a Hunter to get all the high leveled discs and then transfer them over to a Newman to make a Force, but Force is generally bad compared to the other three classes all the time =/

It sucks since I was a full-time Fortecher in PSU. I left before Masterforce and stuff were introduced but that would've been me. I miss nuking mobs for 5k+ with Diga while melee peeps wouldn't be anywhere close. GRRRRR :-x