PDA

View Full Version : Item a question about longbows

that cast named kai
Nov 16, 2010, 04:28 PM
i have 2 newman vanguards (male & female), and i am trying to figure out a decent range option for them, i have been using a combo of rifle and twin handguns so far with decent results, but i have felt like plying with long bows again since i loved using them back in psu with newman GT as a nice option due to the ignore defense trait which made them ideal for killing bots and other annoyingly resilient enemies

so my first question is would he damage be comparable to a rilfe overall with a newman (i know in terms of dps it would not be due to it slow rate of fire) but per shot is it pretty comparable?

my second is does it still have ignore defense tied in, and if so does it still help when it comes to fighting dragon bosses like it used to in psu?

thank in advance

Ceresa
Nov 16, 2010, 04:34 PM
Don't know if they still ignore defense, don't think they do though...

They get no first person mode damage modifier so their output can't compare with rifle even in a single shot comparison, much less rate of fire. They also have the worst charge of all guns...

Lolitron
Nov 16, 2010, 04:37 PM
BUT THEY LOOK COOOOL!

Silverheart
Nov 16, 2010, 04:41 PM
I don't think they ignore defense but since the damage goes off of tech I wanna say it counts against the mob's MST rather than DEF. (This is just speculation, it may very well function as a normal ranged weapon.)
In compare to the other ranged weps though Longbows aren't quite as good. They're low rate of fire and rather low ACC makes them a bit subpar. I like using them on my Newman Force though, due to the fact that they get a lvl or so higher status effects on them, I have high tech and low atp, and the charge move pierces through the initial target and hits enemies behind them for quite a good distance.

kongajinken
Nov 16, 2010, 04:49 PM

They get no first person mode damage modifier so their output can't compare with rifle even in a single shot comparison, much less rate of fire. They also have the worst charge of all guns...

BUT THEY LOOK COOOOL!

This sums it up well.

Pavichokche
Nov 16, 2010, 05:51 PM
BUT THEY LOOK COOOOL!

Plus their charge shot is penetrating !!! Which most likely still ends up hitting fewer enemies than a rifle's area-damaging charged shot.... I really wish longbows weren't as nerfed.

They really tried to cripple forces as much as possible...at first I thought "oh my, how cool - a ranged weapon based on a force's best stat, surely this will be awesome", but then it turns out it's somehow not worth it ;(

Sienna
Nov 16, 2010, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry.

Hiryujiteri is ugly as sin.

Fayorei
Nov 16, 2010, 06:37 PM
Short answer: RIFLES

Crimson The FOmar
Nov 16, 2010, 07:44 PM

It was confirmed in anbother thread. LONGBOWS NO LONGER IGNORE DEFENSE :(

I do like their looks too though ^^ especially Poron

that cast named kai
Nov 16, 2010, 08:26 PM
thanks for the insight every one, i guess i am better off sticking to rifles, i feel sad the nerfed the hell out of them

MOHFL
Nov 17, 2010, 11:38 AM
ugh... yea... for some reason they are the most useless weapon since they are a complete downgrade of rifles