PDA

View Full Version : New here, thinkin about picking up PSZ

killakeeps
Nov 18, 2010, 09:19 AM
i dont have a 360 or i`d play psu, and i just found out that there is a ds version of ps. just a few questions, is it worth the buy & are there still a decent amount of players online? want to pick it up after work today if its good. just lookin for some opinions. thanks.

Kirukia
Nov 18, 2010, 12:12 PM
Well, it is a fun game, but the amount of active players is horribly low.
If you don't mind soloing or meeting up with people here, then go ahead and get it.
But if you're buying it mainly for online play, then maybe not.

If you liked PSU I'd recommend Phantasy Star Portable 2, which is very similar. Though it's on the PSP. Dunno if you have one or not.

killakeeps
Nov 18, 2010, 12:28 PM
I`ve got a psp aswell, though I dont mind playing with people from the forums.

Just out of curiosity how is the playerbase for the psp version?

DevilBringer
Nov 18, 2010, 01:44 PM

That's a question more suitable for the Phantasy Star Portable forums.

Windancer
Nov 18, 2010, 03:19 PM
I would recommend joining a group to get hookups. Fon is a good group with a few active members but there is usually someone here to play online with. I think the game is a definate pick up if you own a DS One of the better games on the system. If you can get a group to play that sticks together your good to go. I personally so far like PS0 better than psp2 I have them both and im having a hard time getting into psp2. I'm sure I will eventually get into psp2 but I still have some good friends who play PS0 faithfully. Find a group that has a live chat its just easier if you can get in a live chat and say Hey wanna play

Dragwind
Nov 18, 2010, 05:30 PM

If you'd like to find PSZ players to play with, the social groups are your best bet to make some new pals.

As far as the player base for PSPo2, it's pretty darn good at the moment.

RoxasNeval
Nov 18, 2010, 05:48 PM
i agere with Kirukia,the amount of players online is horribly low :/

PSZFann
Nov 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
i am really hopping that i can get a Sony PSP sometime soon, i really wanna try PSP2... i have been with PSZ for over a year now (cant beleive its been that long) and i haven't hit 100 yet.... but thats cause i got mad at my HUcast lvl 93 and deleted him... anyway i would say if you want a fun great graphiced game for DS PSZ is your best bet!!!!

Windancer
Nov 18, 2010, 06:52 PM
BTW pszfan we will be playing again tonight :) come to the chat

killakeeps
Nov 19, 2010, 02:32 AM
I still have to get my PSP back, but I tried to get PSZ earlier today, and none of my gamestops have it. So i'll probably have to try ebay or amazon. I will be playing it as soon as I get it though. Once I get my psp back, I will have PSP2 for sure.

Daak
Nov 19, 2010, 12:17 PM
PSZ rules and I dont play to much online but even if u dont it still rules so yah ...

killakeeps
Nov 20, 2010, 03:02 AM
Still trying to find a way to get it.

Pirrip
Nov 20, 2010, 03:33 AM
I love PSZero... I still play it regularly, but there will be something about it that you will no doubt hate about it: The Eternal Tower.

How would like to have a very minuscule chance at getting the rarest weapons in the game by playing through a 101 floor level that you can't save any of the way through and will take 6-10 hours?

killakeeps
Nov 20, 2010, 08:42 AM
I love PSZero... I still play it regularly, but there will be something about it that you will no doubt hate about it: The Eternal Tower.

How would like to have a very minuscule chance at getting the rarest weapons in the game by playing through a 101 floor level that you can't save any of the way through and will take 6-10 hours?

Sounds fun....kinda

Pirrip
Nov 20, 2010, 01:58 PM
Sounds fun....kinda

If you're a glutton for pain.
It is indeed a challenge, but if you want to get rares offline, this is the best way to do it. I've never heard of anyone playing through it all thinking "This long level is fun".
In fact, when in the middle of the tower for the first time somewhere, occasionally, we'll get a new forum user who signs up just to post a thread asking when the bloody level ends, because they're raging about it behind their computers.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 20, 2010, 02:24 PM
I will say I never raged my first time through, because I knew what I signed up for (this is why I recommend buying SG's before playing the game in some cases, and it helped me tremendously), but I WILL say that I had not prepared for as many dual-Arkzein rooms I found that run, since it was my first Hard anything run. I got about 40 deaths from that one run, suffice to say, but my death count is still fairly low nowadays for what it's worth.

Daak
Nov 20, 2010, 03:49 PM
I have not much to say to about this Tower exept I hate it ,its is freaking 101 rooms long and I hate it soooo much ... thnx

Pirrip
Nov 20, 2010, 06:08 PM
Technically, it's 450 rooms of enemies with 11 boss floors. Not to mention the fact that the enemies get slightly more difficult the higher you go.

Daak
Nov 20, 2010, 06:13 PM
ohh sry missed tht ...

killakeeps
Nov 20, 2010, 06:19 PM
no stores in my area have it. pretty aggrivated, and i have no watys to get it offline. this is horrible.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 20, 2010, 06:24 PM
Yep. In fact, I remember making a chart of the enemies' total stat-percents compared to their same-difficulty counterparts outside of the Tower (including EXP given, which is what helped me determine these percents), which I believe came to:

Floors 1-10 = 70%
Floors 11-20 = 75%
Floors 21-30 = 80%
Floors 31-40 = 85%
Floors 41-50 = 90%
Floors 51-60 = 95%
Floors 61-70 = 100%
Floors 71-80 = 110%
Floors 81-90 = 125%~130% (I believe the enemy I was using for these amounts I couldn't determine the TRUE percent for this floor because the EXP given was an unfortunately small number, and the possible variance between them could have altered the percents between the two amounts given)
Floors 91-100 = 150%
Floor 101 = 100%

Yes, floor 101 actually has its own percentage instead of following the chart to have 150%, as a Heaven's Mother with 150% stats would be very powerful, since its stats are the same as a floor 100 Mother (except its weapon resistances are the same as the highest each Mother has). So, unless a Heaven's Mother is actually only as strong as every other Mother and its stats are just the same every time you fight it because it, too, is affected by the 150% increase, that could be the only way otherwise, but it cannot be the case, since the Strategy Guide listed the HM as having a specific amount of stats that were simply 1.5x as much as the other Mothers.

Daak
Nov 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
wow is all i can say to tht ... this could help a bit .... If I were ever to stuupid to go in tht stupid tower ever again ...

MAXrobo
Nov 21, 2010, 10:34 PM
no stores in my area have it. pretty aggrivated, and i have no watys to get it offline. this is horrible.

WHAT!?! How dare they not carry such a fantastic game!

ok so im exagerating but it is alot of fun. and if you ever cant find somthing localy, you can probably find in for 10$ less on amazon ^^

I actualy dont mind the eternal tower. yes its a pain to go all the way, but i usally only go part of the way up in hopes of finding a shot mother and getting some quick goodies. also its good exp.

killakeeps
Nov 22, 2010, 01:02 AM
WHAT!?! How dare they not carry such a fantastic game!

ok so im exagerating but it is alot of fun. and if you ever cant find somthing localy, you can probably find in for 10$ less on amazon ^^

I actualy dont mind the eternal tower. yes its a pain to go all the way, but i usally only go part of the way up in hopes of finding a shot mother and getting some quick goodies. also its good exp.

It's 22$+ used on Amazon lol.
I'm getting it off ebay though. 24$

Daak
Nov 22, 2010, 02:01 AM
I never buy from amazon or ebay dont know why ohh heres a thought maby because I live out somewhere in ghana were evryone steals evrything yah thts it they would probably just steal the game while its beeing send ....Ohh this reminds me I still want tht Yankinschmov or wht ever it called , well see u guys I am of to the Tower of Enternal ( suffering) ...

killakeeps
Nov 22, 2010, 01:59 PM
Nevermind, I'll be getting it today, at the one place in the area for 20$ used. Had them hold it.
I'll let you know once I have got it :P

Daak
Nov 22, 2010, 02:26 PM
U shall walk the path of light ,as so many before u have and will walk it because we PSZ followers grow in number evryday some are evil some are good but all in one untied famely ...The famely of PSZ ...

killakeeps
Nov 22, 2010, 02:40 PM
U shall walk the path of light ,as so many before u have and will walk it because we PSZ followers grow in number evryday some are evil some are good but all in one untied famely ...The famely of PSZ ...

It's growing everyday :O?

^^;

Daak
Nov 22, 2010, 03:01 PM
I love my quotes dont ruin them please ... and of course it dosent but hey u wana be the one to descourige evryone ?

killakeeps
Nov 22, 2010, 03:11 PM
I love my quotes dont ruin them please ... and of course it dosent but hey u wana be the one to descourige evryone ?

Haha, no. I'm going out to get it right now, back in a few with FC.

killakeeps
Nov 22, 2010, 05:37 PM
Just got it, my friend code is 4684 5106 3500.
I've messaged most everyone that's posted in my topic with my FC & added everyone.

Daak
Nov 23, 2010, 02:14 AM
Lol thanx dude hope to see u on sometime ! ... as soon as I am able to add tht stupid code ...

killakeeps
Nov 23, 2010, 08:25 PM
Correct code is in my above post.

Daak
Nov 24, 2010, 02:00 AM
Yah I noticed tht aswell but than I had to go to school stupid school but when I came home u had alredy send me the corect one so yah ...