PDA

View Full Version : Is this game better than PSP 2?

vectorman85
Nov 18, 2010, 09:44 AM
I have a PSP but I never ever play it. Used to play Monster Hunter but now I play it on the Wii. Im having lots of fun with PSZ but should I get PSP 2 aswell?

Kirukia
Nov 18, 2010, 12:10 PM
I think I'd have more fun on PSP 2 than PSZ.
But that's me personally.

If you've played PSU and you liked it then you should get it, if you didn't like PSU than you probably won't like it.

PSZ is more like PSO.

If you've never played PSU then it's up to you on whether you want to try it or not.

Windancer
Nov 18, 2010, 03:41 PM
I have psp2 and PS0 and im having a hard time getting into psp2. I know online play will be much better with the search for games and random games feature in psp2. However The chat feature in psp2 is absolutely horrible. If you ever thought the chat feature was bad in phantasy star zero consider yourself lucky cause it rocks in comparison. Not that a whole lot of conversing is going on anyway but sometimes you need to communicate. Maybe I prefer the PSO mini over the more content oriented psp2. Plus I do have a good group of friends on PS0 who still play faithfully

Dragwind
Nov 18, 2010, 05:29 PM
Both games are part of a different series and play differently. PSZ in some aspects feels a little bit more like PSO, while PSPo2 is based off of the PSU engine, but also includes things that PSZ introduced (such as the dodge roll system).

If you're looking for more content, I'd say PSPo2 is the way to go.

vectorman85
Nov 19, 2010, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'm going to give it a go. I'm a big fan of PSO and wasn't a huge fan of PSU but as a PS fan I have to give it a chance

Daak
Nov 19, 2010, 07:22 PM
Yes do and u will see it will bring u to a path of enlightment =) ...

Windancer
Nov 19, 2010, 09:56 PM
Yes do and u will see it will bring u to a path of enlightment =) ...

That is the quote of the Month! Give this man a prize!

RoxasNeval
Nov 19, 2010, 10:43 PM
in terms of content hell noes

Chaos Rappy
Nov 20, 2010, 02:20 PM
More content =/= better game. Just saying. ;P

Daak
Nov 20, 2010, 04:08 PM
That is the quote of the Month! Give this man a prize!

Thank u for honor of reciving this prize, I would like to thank Windancer for donating it to me and ehm well thts it I gues .So yah keep posting and ahh wel I got no good quote right now , yah so ehm sry well yah thts it from me ... back to u Windacer

leviayurashyguy
Nov 20, 2010, 11:01 PM
Is this game better than PSP 2?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y369/Yell0wPikmin/ROFL.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]
Phantasy Star is driven by its content. PSZ lacks in comparison to both PSO and PSU. PSP:2 has all the content you would find in PSU + some

Chaos Rappy
Nov 20, 2010, 11:55 PM
What PSZ lacks in content it probably makes up for in its ability to prevent players from GETTING said content. I can't tell you how many rare enemies or otherwise I've fought MYSELF and either not gotten any or very, VERY few rares from... <.<

killakeeps
Nov 21, 2010, 01:11 AM
I heard that PSP2 is lacking playerbase aswell? Or was I fed wrong information.
Was going to get PSP2, but it appears that I don't have my PSP anymore...

Kirukia
Nov 21, 2010, 02:11 AM
I heard it had a pretty nice player base, though PSZ on the other hand, is a cemetary.

Daak
Nov 21, 2010, 06:31 AM
not always it can be very very lively ... u just need a group to be with ...

GoingVinsane
Dec 6, 2010, 07:41 PM
I am a man of simple tastes.
I started playing PSO ep 1&2 and fell in love with it. PSU was a mortifying lackluster installment that was a good attempt but as a game I just couldn't get in to it. Perhaps that was because it was so different from PSO and since PSO was awesome... Being different from it wasn't. PSZ has the soul of PSO, drawing on many of the game's great aspects. The only disappointment in PSZ is that they didn't include a multi-player battle system where you could duke it out with your friends. Aside from that I'd say play
PSZ. Or PSO.

Brave-Charm
Dec 6, 2010, 09:24 PM
Lets make it short and sweet PSZ is for hardcore PSO players and PSP2 is for hardcore PSU players so you're a PSO fan so PSZ it the answer I just got it and dropped PSP2 for awhile because I started with PSO I & II so XP there you go

Lunariancrystal
Dec 7, 2010, 04:12 AM
Yeah. PSU = PSP, and PS0 = PSO. I think PS0 is x999999999 better than PSP can ever be in a million years -------just sayin.

GoingVinsane
Dec 15, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah. PSU = PSP, and PS0 = PSO. I think PS0 is x999999999 better than PSP can ever be in a million years -------just sayin.

I think your opinion is awesome...

Just Sayin'

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 15, 2010, 09:57 PM
I've heard PSP2 is way better than PSU because it has some PSO stuff comibned with an overall pso feel, and PSZ is good for a time, but because of the lack of content it can get pretty boring for long periods of time.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 15, 2010, 11:22 PM
Funny because despite PSZ's alleged "lack of content", because of how much rarer things are to get in this game (since there's nothing to help boost droprates like in PS:P2), I spent a full year before I could finally get everything in PSZ, WITH trading. You would not believe the insane amount of runs I had to do to get even mediocre rares like Liese Garland and whatnot (which is, if I'm not mistaken, the only one even in any trade topic still open at this moment). You'll be hunting for specific things in PSZ much longer than in PS:P2, and that helps even the odds in the long-run.

Broken_L_button
Dec 16, 2010, 02:03 PM
Depends what you're hunting, tbh. Both PSP2 and PSZ have uber rares that can be a pain to get, and even some low-end rares that are also a pain to get. Try hunting 14*-15* - or even 13* that aren't Soul Phoenix or Ill Gill testament - drops in PSP2. It's pretty much comparable to hunting most of PSZ's level 90 rares (if not harder at times). And the class ability to boost drop rates comes so late in-game (class level 30) and costs so much that it isn't worth it really. Even the miko's drop rate boost isn't useful for hunting ubers, since mathematically, a 20% bonus to a rate that's originally lower than 1% is laughable. In fact, it's even less that PSZ's online field boost, even though that didn't have much of an effect either.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 16, 2010, 03:48 PM
As late as you get it, it sill exists, which isn't the case for PSZ to say the least. Heck, I got an 18% Light Crea Doubles (my first rainbow-boxed 13* rare drop <3) on a LV100 Mog Boggo in PS:P2 during an A-Rank run of Desert Terror that I wasn't even looking for, nor was I even hunting anything at the time, but immediately after, I went and tried hunting for it for quite some time after (since I had slain few Mog Boggos before that Crea drop), and not a one. Then I can likely turn to PSZ and get five Celesta Lasers with only one Trois Souther dropping, which are of roughly equal rarity from differing foes, while I was actually hunting a Canon Bleu.

Either way, all-in-all, don't hunt for the items you're searching for, as you'll likely not find them (unless the only way to find them is to specifically hunt them, like one-place enemies). Just search for other things and you'll end up with a half-dozen of them before you know it.

Akaimizu
Dec 16, 2010, 04:24 PM
I like PSP2 better, myself. However, it's mostly because PSP2 is really the logical successor to PSZ and PSU. Some of the cool things in PSP2 originated from PSZ, so I tend to play that more, now.

To be fair, PSZ came out first. But PSP2 actually doesn't overwrite PSZ. Not at all. PSZ is still the only portable version of the games that sticks a lot more closely to Phantasy Star Online mechanics. So it remains unique that it's kind of the portable PSO, with a different environment and a few different tricks. PSP2 is more like a 80% complete overhaul of Phantasy Star Universe, with some brand new systems in place, and including some ideas from PSZ.

I put a lot of time into both games, actually. Even in the US version of PSZ, I've pretty much reached the end-game area. Considering I did it before in the Japanese version, I'd say my purchase of PSZ did not go to waste.

Windancer
Dec 16, 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm having second thoughts about psp2. the online lag is huge turn off teammates appearing then disappearing, having to wait for loot to spawn after kills, Watching a teammate swing at nothing only to hit what he is actually targeting across the room. The game is gorgeous but it also has a lame storyline which we all know pso is not story driven anyway. For me PSO will always be about online and say what you want to about the friend codes I dont like them myself but psp2 needs some work itself for the online play