PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Class in PSO

Daak
Nov 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
Rangers 4 ever !!!
I love big guns ...
They dont kick ass no they are way better ... they give headshots baby !

MAXrobo
Nov 18, 2010, 04:57 PM
Rangers are the best. they have the widest variety in there weapons. there are at least 5 diffrent shot types alone that do completly different things (Master beam anyone?)
and RAcast just looks so awesome :)

Broken_L_button
Nov 18, 2010, 06:14 PM
I'll say I like all three of them equally. I've played all three classes, and really, all three of them were a blast; charging in the fray and narrowly dodge blows from monsters as a hunter...Keep stuff off the backs of your comrades as a ranger...Rain utter destruction on the battlefield with Force's techniques...All of these things make me unable to decide one class as my favorite; they're all great fun to play as.

AlexCraig
Nov 18, 2010, 06:49 PM
Decided to split these posts to a new thread, but please do not bump old threads.

As for me, Hunters. HUmar specifically.
Rangers take second with RAcaseal and RAcast.
Then forces with FOnewearls.

Sienna
Nov 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hucaseal
Racast
Fomarl

Yeah.

Kent
Nov 19, 2010, 02:05 AM
FOmar and HUnewearl.

Gotta love the melee/technique hybrids - they're just a lot more fun to play than any other class (especially Rangers), and the versatility afforded by them is very rewarding and fun to a skilled player.

Nov 19, 2010, 07:31 AM
RAcaseal, FOnewearl, and HUcaseal.

Oh if this is hu, ra, or fo, than I guess ra>fo>hu in general. I like all 3 though.

appliedphysics
Nov 19, 2010, 07:41 AM
HuCast 1st then RaCast 2nd

sCI
Nov 19, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hunters are always more fun to start with and just screw around. But Forces make things really fun at high levels. Not a fan of Rangers.

mzang17
Nov 22, 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm glad at least one person said HUnewearl. Its such a diverse class that still does good damage.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 22, 2010, 07:10 AM
HUmar, by far

FOkyasuta
Nov 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
HUcast
&
RAcast
&
HUmar
&
FOnewm.

Nuff Said.

Daak
Nov 22, 2010, 01:01 PM
Racast the best clsass and by far the best char

Drawers
Nov 22, 2010, 03:06 PM
Idk this is a good question, I always found all of the classes to be equally memorable, fun, and interesting. All of them. :p

CrashXAndXBurnX
Nov 22, 2010, 08:20 PM
RAMar and FOMar. Both of my highest characters. My friend and I play this game constantly. I had a lvl 200 RaMar however I lost that data

sCI
Nov 23, 2010, 02:03 AM
I guess I should specify, Humar is a great balance of course. But another unlikely good one is a Fonewearl. Fonewm is one I really enjoyed, I never got to Fonewearl.

BluexRose
Nov 23, 2010, 08:53 PM
HUnewearl all day baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psofan219
Nov 26, 2010, 03:10 AM
HUnewearl. I like having multiple options at my disposal.

Msr. Bojangles
Nov 26, 2010, 05:00 AM
Tch, this thread shoves me right onto quite a tough spot.

Where to begin?

FOmarl - ever since I began playing a Battle FOmarl, I've been immaturely giggling to myself as I Slicer mobs of Forest monsters to death.

HUcaseal - Now, I'm actually pretty mixed about her. On one hand, that ATA is something that is to die for. On the other, I hate that extreme fragility. But I especially love how a HUcaseal is close to the only class that seems to have a knife animation that is usable.

RAcaseal - I just like being an utter tank. Can you blame me? =P

Panzerfaust
Nov 26, 2010, 06:04 AM
RAcast
Why? Very good at + he see traps (this can kill on ULTIMATE) + he cant be paralysised + he got traps (the best trap is confuse + frost) + very nice deffence + he is RA (RANGER).

The best weapon for him: machineguns

bns1991
Nov 26, 2010, 10:06 AM
My favorite class was the HUmar. He was the most balanced hunter in my opinion.

Shirai
Nov 26, 2010, 09:35 PM
HUcaseal, I love their animations and they just kick ass

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Nov 27, 2010, 10:53 AM
i was big into FOnewms, love those hats, and the class just works for me

Justyn_Darkcrest
Nov 27, 2010, 01:01 PM
FOmar was my favorite. I loved the ability to hold my own in combat using buff/debuffs even in Ult at high lvls while having the option of melee range or techs.

Shadownami92
Dec 16, 2010, 10:20 PM
I personally loved being a FOmar, I loved going all battle mage by doing a good mix of damage via melee weapons and spells.

LK1721
Dec 17, 2010, 12:06 AM
RAmarl! Guns+Decent techs=awesome.
But also,
HUcast. Brute force and simply looking awesome.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Dec 17, 2010, 02:43 AM
HUnuwearl, but she's a bit squishy in stat terms until you get higher level and can max out such things as luck/def/str but the better magic aids in survivability in Ult. Hmm I like casts, mainly to use Panzer Faust however I find using mate healing items is annoying in Ult, especially if you solo alot, sure the healing HP over time is nice but I think a lack of magic is a huge drawback when having to make multiple P2 pipes to restock.

I do like forces too, my main is a FOmarl but a melee one, i hate tech spamming. I mean this game doesn't take a great deal of skill, but with practice you can sharpen the skills you need, but tech spamming is just lame imo.

Tifa

EvilMag
Dec 17, 2010, 04:02 PM
HUcast because to quote a friend, "When you select a HUcast for your character, the game's credits roll."

Lunariancrystal
Dec 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
FOmar is probably the best if your looking to be able to wield many weapons.

Lady Nadia
Dec 18, 2010, 12:36 PM
I loved my hunewearls!!! Strong buffs n debuffs n ra techs great for grounding aerial enemies. a wee bit slow for growth takes quite a while before hunes r capable of using the better hunter weps but once they r capable clear a path! having access to lvl 20 zalure jellen shifta n deband also makes hunes to be by far the strongest solo class! online they tend to be a bit weaker than other hunters after receiving lvl 30 buffs from fos but their dmg potential is still nuthin to frown upon! being a hunter with strong buffs n debuffs and letting ur sword do the talking is the only way to go!

Obscenity
Dec 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
After playing this game for a decade and trying every class except HUmar and FOmarl, I have to say that RAcast is my favorite. Healing isn't much of an issue with a Gush Laser with Hit%, and I love being able to see and use traps. Having lower Def than a RAcaseal isn't really an issue either, when enemies rarely ever have a chance to touch me, while the higher ATP definitely comes into play constantly. Forces and Hunters are fun once in a while, but ranged weapons are preferable to melee weapons and techs, which kind of suck in Ultimate.

Dongra
Dec 18, 2010, 04:50 PM
having access to lvl 20 zalure jellen shifta n deband also makes hunes to be by far the strongest solo class!
Someone has never used a RAmarl before.

AlliThePally
Jan 21, 2011, 10:21 PM
RAcast :p
I loved the guns that were actually ballistic sounding :p I think they were the yasminkovs I loved those. Using one of those on Dark Falz was amazing because I could actually shoot at him far away and still do a ton of damage :p

Lady Nadia
May 30, 2011, 09:03 AM
ive played ramarl but idk id rather spam spread needle paralyze n frozen shooter or a heavy dps wepon at long range rather than have to get close n use debuff techs, outside of resta ive never found ramarl techs convenient to use. shifta n deband too mebbie, but after frozen shooter n spread needle a ra using techs just seems out of place to me. zalure n jellen tsumikiri j sword n black king bar ftw

Dongra
May 30, 2011, 01:21 PM
What I was getting at was that RAmarl is the strongest solo class. Jellen and Zalure don't have great use for her since, as you said, she won't be getting close enough to debuff like Hunewearl will, but RAmarl is so good she won't need to. Shifta and Deband will primarily be used for their respective boosts and, thanks to the access of all the broken ranger gear, she will have better crowd control and overall damage output than Hunewearl will.

Crazyleo
May 30, 2011, 02:10 PM
In general, I'm going to say Rangers. The primary reason was that I couldn't even get the basic chain going as a hunter (I know....lame ^^;).

If I had to choose a specific class, it's a toss up between Racaseal and Ramar. (I made it to Ultimate as a Ramarl)

Lady Nadia
May 30, 2011, 02:48 PM
ya i see your point but idk its still hard for me to place the 2, 1 better than the other. black king bar and double cannon are not easy weps for ramarls to keep up with against bosses and hunes demolish bosses fast, ramarls pwn on multi target bosses tho. as far as crowd control a good ol tsumikiri j flattens groups of mobs in seconds as well. and i will admit for falz id much rather use a ramarl just due to the gettin next to him can be a pain alot of times on that last form. but as far as pure dps goes if theres nething that cleaves thru a group of mobs faster than a j sword i have yet to see this.. but ya im definitely gonna agree with ya enuff atm to say that id definitely put ramarl on the same page as a hune, as far as better tho... idk. thats gonna come down to personal preference n play style to call that shot n i likes me hunters. also hunes have access to vulcan mechguns which use meseta to cause crazy dmg cap ur acc n get a pair of these with good hit n they got some range as well. plus hunes have access to my fav pistol the holy ray an excellent wep for them i believe its the only hunter wep they can use thats decently powerful with rifle range. overall a hunes versatility is hard to match.

Ashinto
May 30, 2011, 03:24 PM
I personally wouldn't pick a cast/caseal, at least not for soloing, since they can't use resta.
The Ramar and Ramarl are quite even I would say. I chose ramarl though because of level 20 S/D.

Hunters seem less capable of going solo (my 103 friend is stuck on ult caves) and personally I don't like the up front combat.
Hunewearl is probably a better pick than Humar.

Force is what I play occasionaly when bored of my Ramarl.:-D
Useful as support to others.

darkante
May 30, 2011, 03:25 PM
Really hard for me to say.
I say Hucast, because i dig robots with big toys to smack around everyone silly. :D
And he can tank and use traps so win-win.

Racast is a very close second since i also love distance weapon.
Laying traps to lay down the hurt never gets old. :3

And for a very close third is Hunewearl.
For well..uhh good looking reason? XD
Well, she got some good debuffs so that is also a reason.

Beard
Jun 2, 2011, 10:20 PM
I only play 1 char at a time (might change if i get corrupted or return to the game after years of being gone etc). So I usually play a hybrid to keep me from getting bored. I'm the kind that only plays 1 char. I rather have 1 200 than a few 150's. Less to think about and less stress. It's pure fun this way for me. FOmar for me hands down.

Lady Nadia
Jun 2, 2011, 11:55 PM
A lil off subject but i quite agree, i like to focus on 1 char as well, but in a game like pso ep 1 n 2, unless ur gonna farm good items on ur current id for trading u will have to lvl diff ids to farm the needed weps n armor, and armor slot items for your main char. focusing on just 1 id in this game isn't always the easiest thing to do. mind you this depends on how uber your goals are. thats 1 more thing i failed to mention about what i likes about hunes over ramarls... good luck stealing my red boxes!!!!! lol

Beard
Jun 3, 2011, 01:46 AM
Ya my FOmar is my only char. Pinkal ID. I dont really see a reason to bring other chars all the way to ultimate on a different ID just so I can have an item that is slightly better. I rather spend that 50+ hours per ultimate char playing my 1 and only char. Idk i play offline only, mostly by myself. Pinkal finds plently of FO gear and a few nice hybrid weapons so it works for me. The only way I could make another char is if i corrupted.

Most of my enjoyment from this game comes from mindlessly killing monsters when I get home from work :) im not too concerned with items as I am with my character in general and raising mags and such. I am hunting god minds 3 and 4 though. got tired of vhard caves and now spamming ult forest for lvl ups and those darn god minds.

vagabondkitten
Jun 9, 2011, 09:06 AM
My number one has gotta be my FOnewm. I kept a nice melee mag, and magic mag, and I loved how well he could switch back and forth between kicking ass with slicers, machine guns, and my holy ray, and then explode the whole room with rafoie. Though my hunewearl was definitely a close second.

HUmar Darkedge
Jun 13, 2011, 03:58 PM
My top 5 classes.
I. HUnewearl
II. HUmar
III. HUcaseal
IV. FOnewearl
V. RAcaseal