PDA

View Full Version : GC Have an upgrade question!

Thalanoth
Nov 19, 2010, 10:21 PM
I love PSO 1&2 for the gamecube. I've never played online, even back when servers were up, but I've played offline for years off and on every few months. For the longest time I've wanted to upgrade to the plus edition since I play offline and want the content. My only question is how smooth is the upgrade?

It's all on the gamecube, and I've read mixed things here and there. Some places say the upgrade is instantly compatible, with all character info and items being transferred as soon as you play. Some places say otherwise, whether it be complications, or having to have an adapter for this and that. I'm not about to dish out 80-100 bucks for a game if it won't work, so if anyone can tell me how the process works and where the hold ups are (especially if I need to buy a jp version or anything), I'd greatly appreciate it =)

twitcher05
Nov 21, 2010, 02:39 AM
I have and only played the upgraded version and I got my cousin the regular one and he has no complications when we are playing with my disc. He can even play the extra quests that are on the upgraded one with no problem. But after playing the extra quests on my disc, he still couldn't play them on his disc. So sad for him HAHAHA!!!!

Ketchup345
Nov 21, 2010, 10:40 AM
If you play the US version, there is no transition. You can freely swap between what disk you use (normal to Plus back to normal) with no wait and no transfer.

Thalanoth
Nov 21, 2010, 12:36 PM
thank you both =D

CrashXAndXBurnX
Nov 22, 2010, 08:23 PM
I have owned both discs. I never noticed a difference with the exception of a few quests here and there. So upgrade away

FoCaster
Nov 25, 2010, 02:31 AM
If I recall correctly, PSO+ adds:

- Extra Ep 1 Quest (I think it's just Central Dome Fire Swirl)
- GBA games (from The Fake in Yellow)
- Ep 2 Quests (hence, you have access to the towers, which would mean access to more items as well)
- Ep 2 Offline Challenge Mode

Also, PSO+ for $80-100!? Is it really that rare to find a copy?

Ketchup345
Nov 25, 2010, 03:35 AM
Also, PSO+ for $80-100!? Is it really that rare to find a copy?When new, I had to search hard to find a copy. I got lucky and grabbed one of the last few from maybe the 3rd or 4th store I tried. Even new, it wasn't easy to find.

Roger Triton
Nov 25, 2010, 08:52 PM
Thalanoth, there are quite a few used gamestores (non-GameStop) in your state, so I would check around. Also craigslist & Ebay, you can find it without paying a lot of money. Believe it or not, Blockbuster still carries Gamecube games in some areas. Call a store & see if they rent it. If they do, ask the manager if you could buy it. Doesn't hurt.