PDA

View Full Version : Well, I've got some bad news.

Amaury
Nov 22, 2010, 01:18 PM
My grandfather passed away earlier this morning.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 22, 2010, 02:01 PM
That's tough, man. Was it relatively swift, or did he spiral down through years of chaotic sensory deprivation and dementia, gradually losing the qualities that made him who he was?

Daak
Nov 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
Wow sry man , I dont have a gramp but two granies ... coudent imagine life without them ... U know they bake great cake ...

DoubleJG
Nov 22, 2010, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear that. On the bright side, your mom's PC status is running.

sCI
Nov 22, 2010, 03:29 PM
Don't worry man, it's just something you have to live with. You'll be fine in a couple of days. :)

Amaury
Nov 22, 2010, 07:06 PM
Don't worry man, it's just something you have to live with. You'll be fine in a couple of days. :)

Actually, it's barely affecting me (maybe only like 2%). I wasn't really that close to him.

Randomness
Nov 22, 2010, 07:33 PM
That's tough, man. Was it relatively swift, or did he spiral down through years of chaotic sensory deprivation and dementia, gradually losing the qualities that made him who he was?

Actually, it's barely affecting me (maybe only like 2%). I wasn't really that close to him.

These two posts together made me do a double take on this thread.

Tetsaru
Nov 22, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, man. :( Both of my grandparents on my mother's side of the family died when I was still a kid, and my grandfather on my dad's side died a few months before I was even born, so I never even got to know him. And my grandma recently had what seemed to be a heart attack, but luckily she survived it because my dad and my aunt were already taking her to a scheduled ear doctor appointment at the time. It still scared the crap out of me though when I heard about it.

Sinue_v2
Nov 22, 2010, 09:00 PM
Well, it's not bad news for me! Sorry to hear the news none-the-less.

I actually lost my last grandparent a year and a half ago. Never knew my grandpa on my mom's side, but I never really got along with her mom. I was much closer to my father's parents, though my grandpa had a personality as abrasive to a child as his stubbled chin - and my grandma was a good kentucky woman with one leg shorter than the other. Grandma was slipping into dimentia when Grandpa passed, and it was difficult for her to wake up each new day and losing him all over again. She passed on a year after.

Though she died later, she was buried first. Grandpa had donated his body to medical science, and his remains had not been returned until almost a year after she was already laid to rest. At his funeral he posthumously made a special point to have it mentioned that, although he never finished high school, and how proud he was of the education and success his children had achieved - he still held the distinction of being the first in the family to attend a prestigious medical university.

Freeze
Nov 22, 2010, 09:53 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Amaury
Nov 22, 2010, 09:54 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Thank you. :-)

Sayara
Nov 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
My condolances

Retehi
Nov 22, 2010, 10:15 PM
Why do you treat off-topic like your blog? You say it's only affecting you "2%", yet you feel a need to write up another entry for us to wade through.

You hardly care, we hardly care.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 22, 2010, 10:42 PM
No facts about how it happened or anything.

He's trying to cheat the sympathy card for Survivor, left on one more week. Get em!

Amaury
Nov 22, 2010, 10:48 PM
Don't post if neither of you care, then.

AC9breaker
Nov 22, 2010, 10:50 PM
Why do you treat off-topic like your blog? You say it's only affecting you "2%", yet you feel a need to write up another entry for us to wade through.

You hardly care, we hardly care.

More like attention whoring to me.

Amaury
Nov 22, 2010, 10:51 PM
More like attention whoring to me.

Same goes for you.

Retehi
Nov 22, 2010, 10:56 PM
Don't post if neither of you care, then.

Same goes for you.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 22, 2010, 11:03 PM
Frankly i'm disgusted at your use of using your grandfather's death as a way to grab for attention.

This is just downright pathetic, dude.

SStrikerR
Nov 22, 2010, 11:23 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/1zxo603.jpg

Sorry for your family's loss, even if you don't really care.

If you don't care then why did you tell us anyway? It is in no way important news to any of us. Just sayin'.

Amaury
Nov 22, 2010, 11:32 PM
Frankly i'm disgusted at your use of using your grandfather's death as a way to grab for attention.

This is just downright pathetic, dude.

You think I'm making this up? Look! If you don't care, then stay out of my topic!

Sorry for your family's loss, even if you don't really care.

If you don't care then why did you tell us anyway? It is in no way important news to any of us. Just sayin'.

I never said that I didn't care, I said that it wasn't really affecting me.

SpikeOtacon
Nov 22, 2010, 11:38 PM
You think I'm making this up? Look! If you don't care, then stay out of my topic!

I never said that I didn't care, I said that it wasn't really affecting me.

You talk as if this is any different.

IT'S ONLY AFFEXKTING ME 2% GUIS

Might want to look at what words you use before trying to get cute.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 22, 2010, 11:41 PM
Meira dude asked for direct details in a very direct question inquiry and you outright, not just "kinda," ignored em.

Now its a free for all.

Lemme see da carfax.

Split
Nov 23, 2010, 12:03 AM
I only have one grandparent left. One-upped.

DoubleJG
Nov 23, 2010, 01:32 AM
Let's all jump ship to my new thread on how I don't like my new shoes.

And just 'cause I said it once, I'll say it again:

At least your mom's PC status is running.

sCI
Nov 23, 2010, 02:06 AM
Then I'm sort of surprised you brought it up in the first place. :-?

Tyreek
Nov 23, 2010, 05:00 AM
I was hoping to avoid posting on here, but I feel it needs to be said. I'm sorry for your loss, but Amaury, you say you are barely affected by your grandfather's passing. Why did you feel the need to make a topic about it? Usually a loved one's passing ends up in rants or some sort so people could let out their frustration about it, or they usually keep it to themselves. But you seem not even phased at all by it. I find it a tad disrespectful to be making light of one's passing in such a fashion. That is just my opinion however.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Nov 23, 2010, 09:26 AM
I agree with some of the post's here. It's strange to post something that is "bad news" but isn't really affecting you. How then would it be considered bad news? Ok detah can't be seen as a good thing, unless he was suffering from a debilitating illness such as senile dimentia like my nan suffered form before she died or some such. I admit, I felt the need to broadcast her death too, on an msn screen name. An idea I thought of but refrained from doing so. I thought RIP nan would be a sign of respect, but not it's just a sign of a wanton need for attention. Nobody knows my nan (as with your granddad) outside of family and family friends so why broadcast it? For attention? Sympathy? A popular post on a forum? What form of sympathy? Sorry is just a word, an over-used word at that, i'm sure nobody who said sorry knew your grand dad, or indeed yourself so it's just a hollow word, a social formality. Using the death of someone for attention is in bad taste I think.

Tifa

Sayara
Nov 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
Ok. This is getting to be a problem.