PDA

View Full Version : Deleting high level characters

bns1991
Nov 24, 2010, 04:57 PM
I have found myself getting characters to a high level (70+), and I just get to a point to where I don't want to play with them at all. The only character that I have endless fun with is the first character that I ever made, my lv.100 HUmar. I made and deleted 3 rangers (the last one at lv.72) until eventually making a RAcaseal that I have been enjoying. I got my FOneweral to lv. 100 before I deleted her and made a power FOmar (lv. 68 and not a dull moment so far) has anyone else had trouble finding what characters fit your style the best?

Neo Flint
Nov 24, 2010, 05:16 PM
Well, I once created a FOnewan for the sake of having both all three races and classes but I realized I don't like playing forces so I make a HUneweral in his place. His was only level 16 when I delete him.

HeartBreak301
Nov 24, 2010, 05:22 PM
Sometimes I think about remaking my HUcast just so I can level him to 100 again. But then I realize that'd put a damper on my hunts and I decide not to.

Pirrip
Nov 24, 2010, 05:25 PM
I have two cartridges so I have... But I HAVE considered getting rid of my RAcaseal just because of the frustratingly low power she exibits. They used to be more powerful in the original PSO, but now, they're a more... Ho hum class. I've mainly taken to equipping her with god-like saber weapons so that I don't have to bother with the little damage her ranged weapons are doing.

I don't think I'll delete a high level character, though. I might be too impatient to reach Lv. 50 before I find that the character type isn't working for me.

I played the old PSO, and I think that helped me to sort out what kind of play types I like long before PSZero came out.

leviayurashyguy
Nov 24, 2010, 06:30 PM
i have always wanted to delete my HUnewearl and to this day i still do (i have a strong disgust for Newmans but i wanted to play the Newman story) but she has too much good loot and im too attached to throw her away now

but i always wanted a HUmarl =|

Pirrip
Nov 24, 2010, 08:20 PM
but i always wanted a HUmarl =|

/thread.

Just kidding, but they are a pretty competant hunter class in my opinion. I would never delete mine!

MAXrobo
Nov 25, 2010, 12:18 AM
Well ever since i first played PSO iv always loved RAcast. But as a secondary iv gone through almost all the non-ranger classes to find one i like. I think iv settled on FOmar. Currently lv 73 and i love using him for close range combat and tech. Not a big fan of hunters but iv had the most fun as HUnewm.

Daak
Nov 25, 2010, 01:58 AM
Yah I simpely love my RAcast he is the perfect char for me ... hm but exept for tht I kind of like my FOnewm which is like on lv.6 because I hardly ply him but anyway I like him a than my friend made his account on my game and he is a HUmar which I hate so I only have to chars to ply with and I could never delete them ...

Roger Triton
Nov 25, 2010, 04:18 AM
OK maybe someone could give me some suggestions? I am a big fan of the .hack// & .hack//G.U. games. I like close in, very fierce combat. (not in real life LOL) So which character would suit me best?

Also, i like guns/bow & arrow so I'd also like to have a ranged character. Someone that could offer support tech/healing but also make a difference in battles. I would save that one for playing the opposite of the other character.

Is there one race/class that I should just never make btw?

Games being played: PSU#2 for PC / PS zero for NDS

HeartBreak301
Nov 25, 2010, 04:22 AM
RAmar and RAmarl are generally thought of as the worst characters in this game. And if you want to beat the crap out of things at close range, I suggest a HUcast or HUcaseal. They're nearly identical so pick which one you like more I guess.

MAXrobo
Nov 25, 2010, 11:12 AM
true RAmar and RAmarl arent the best, but its not to the point that you cant play them. they can still be very good.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 25, 2010, 12:31 PM
Yes, they're not ENTIRELY unplayable, but I don't doubt they're not going to be complete killing machines, even at Lv100 and with the best gear on going through any area that's even remotely range-resistant on SH... weapons resistances in this game pretty much ruined how you could play some characters in this game. I could understand magical resistances, but a bat taking less damage from a ten-foot-long sword than with a tiny bullet makes little sense to me. <_<

(P.S. 2000th post ftw!)

Syre
Nov 25, 2010, 01:56 PM
Deleted my lvl 100 Hucaseal.

Didnt like the idea of having two hunters.
Besides, running around without getting hit and using my rikas beats using a hadan and mobius.

HUnewearl > HUcaseal imo

Daak
Nov 26, 2010, 02:02 AM
wow how could you delete a lv.100 it takes ages to get there ahh I am still at lv 69 ahhh man

Chaos Rappy
Nov 26, 2010, 01:24 PM
I've deleted, in my time:

Lv100 HUcaseal
Lv80 HUmar (How I managed to bite back enough to raise him even THAT high, I'll never know)
Lv88 RAmar (Tried the cowboy thang... it didn't work out... <_<)

I'm pretty sure there was another really high level one in there, but it was probably before I even remembered about the HUcaseal, and that was pretty early on.

MAXrobo
Nov 26, 2010, 02:01 PM
Im with Daak. I havent even gotten one character to lvl 100. it would take forever to get 3 there.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 26, 2010, 02:08 PM
You'd be surprised how fast you'd be leveling your characters in regular SH Tower runs or just your average online SH Shrine runs. Lots of experience to be gotten doing those. It usually only took me about 60 hours to get the last two characters I made to Lv100. :P

Chukie sue
Nov 26, 2010, 03:02 PM
I've deleted my 64 RAcast and my 6 HUcast when I first started playing. I think there are more but it's been so long.

6 slots is enough to satisfy me.

MAXrobo
Nov 27, 2010, 12:33 AM
just your average online SH Shrine runs. Lots of experience to be gotten doing those. It usually only took me about 60 hours to get the last two characters I made to Lv100. :P

i cant play online due to my router. and i dont usualy have 9 hours of free time to run through SH tower. my lv 95 RAcast has 110 hours on it right now. your way faster.

I've deleted my 64 RAcast when I first started.

HOW COULD YOU!?! :-o

Chaos Rappy
Nov 27, 2010, 01:22 AM
You can always play just a little of the SH Tower and then close your DS and continue later, you know. Or even just do regular SH Dark Shrine field runs or something, anything to keep the ball rolling. It's actually what I did most of the time, not online runs. I only really mained online once I passed the level 90 barrier or so on my people, and even then, it wasn't always to do runs that I went online either. :P

Daak
Nov 27, 2010, 06:05 AM
I've deleted my 64 RAcast and my 6 HUcast when I first started playing. I think there are more but it's been so long.

6 slots is enough to satisfy me.

How could u delete an Racast !?!?! and ohh my god then u deleted another cast
U killed them :-o !!!

Kytan
Nov 27, 2010, 07:54 PM
I have a pretty good idea of whether or not I'll enjoy a class/race within the first few levels. So far I've kept a level 100 RAcast and have a level 93 HUnewm, and I've deleted a HUcast, RAmar, and I've considered deleting my level 18 FOnewm.

Daak
Nov 30, 2010, 12:20 PM
hmm well i know i love casts thts all i need to know aswell

bns1991
Nov 30, 2010, 01:00 PM
For me, a lot of characters in the game don't have a lot of playability once they get to high levels (either that or I just get bored with them). Thats why I delete them. The damage being dealt also influences my decision to keep or delete characters. My HUmar (lv100) is, ((in my opinion)), the best character for soloing. I usually take NPCs with me when I use my RAcaseal (lv57) for the extra damage that comes with chain attacks. With my FOmar (lv77), I take NPCs when I'm using melee weapons, but when I'm primarily using techs I hunt solo.

100th post^^;

Daak
Dec 2, 2010, 03:56 PM
NPC ? I just use my Racast solo and online and it is always fun he is good in both ...

blazecon0
Dec 2, 2010, 07:10 PM
i thought you got SH when you were lvl 60 but i still dont have it :/

blazecon0
Dec 2, 2010, 07:11 PM
oops wrong thread, srry

Lunariancrystal
Dec 6, 2010, 06:25 AM
I've honestly thought about buying a 2nd cartridge just so I can have more than 3 characters lol

bns1991
Dec 6, 2010, 09:35 AM
I've honestly thought about buying a 2nd cartridge just so I can have more than 3 characters lol

I'm considering buying one as well. I do wish that this game had at least 4 character slots.

Ace503
Dec 6, 2010, 11:14 AM
Ive only deleted my newms but i always keep comin back to cast