PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Whip of choice

Darki
Nov 25, 2010, 05:59 AM
Hi there! I come here with a question regardiing whips for a Wartecher.

Before going to JP servers I used to play with a set of Vish/Vish Tien/Vish Kuseb's as there were the only aviable whips. Now, my preferred whip is Splasher because of the SE, they stun monsters and it's perfect for crowd control. I'm also planning to get the GAS Whips PA level+ 5, to get the skill to the max (and the satisfaction to be tehe only level 40 whip user lol). The thing is, I don't really like the visuals of the Splasher compared to the Vish Kuseb, and I've heard that if you element-swap a whip, it will keep its original SE, in this case, if you turn an ice Vish Kuseb into a ground one it will still freeze things. Vish Kusebs also have a crapload more of att (at 0/10 they have more att than a 10/10 Splasher) and even using them for crowd control, Whips are also excellent boss killers, but I really like the disabling effect of stun, as it can keep things quiet when needed. With unground Splashers I already deal 2k damage with PAs, so I suppose with a Kuseb it could get a very high and nice number even if I keep them around 5/10 grind.

So, my only doubt about buying a bunch of Vish Kusebs and spending GC on them to get a rainbow set is simple, is it worth dealing freeze instead of stun? both SEs are the same level (lv2), so in theory they should deal it at similar rate. My drawback is that freeze can be cleared with hits, and whips hit a lot... but you can freeze things that can't be stunned, like robots.

So what do you think? It's worth the change?

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 02:31 PM
Hi, Darki

I too I`m a WT that loves whips, Some advice go for Medusa`s way better Att and Ata and pp in stats. That it looks cool and has stun Lv 3+ ( meaning it can stun large foes) and it`s a 9* whip( nice:) ). you can try the snake also it has Lv 3 poison also with good power. if you try tien`s with GC you get more raw power hp for power one`s and or try the new sleep crusher upgrade with mix elements. Now get Vi bapp also why? because with the transforms you can get Virus and Death or any spell at 3+. And as a WT killing things faster could be useful. But I too love Splashers for the stun also, but look at the Medusa`s as a upgrade version of it:) I hope it helps:)

VectormanX
Nov 25, 2010, 02:32 PM
I like to use Peace breaker "ピースブレイカー" on WT because it deals def down. It inflicts 98% of the time on a single hit and the handle looks cool.

Ideally, I'd like to get a rainbow set of snake whip medusa"蛇鞭メドゥーサ" because not only do they stun, it looks cool as well http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/whip/jabenmedusa00.jpg.

Problem with this whip is, it only drops on 1 mission therefore making it rare and expensive. (awoken serpent S and S2)

Vishi kuseb is ok, but it doesnt inflict as much as i'd like it to, so going for a rainbow of those is your call.

Personally I wouldn't do it and instead I'd invest into a rainbow of 40+ Peace breakers.
They are fairly cheap since the GBR drops them, so get the good deals while they last.

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 02:44 PM
I was thinking about the pacemaker also but with Def down Lv 4 is about 70 more Dmg and a rainbow set of Tien`s with hp=power one`s out preforms it with only about 1k in dmg lose which is easy to have and with debuffs at lv 3 the Tien is better for the job. but you can get medusa`s with 1 star and no luck also. it takes awhile but wroth it got mine in less then 30 runs so a 25-50 run for each. that bapp is way easier to get then the markers and can have any spells also.

Darki
Nov 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
I noticed that Snake whip Medusa has stun, and I was very excited to get one but they're extremely expensive (30M+ in JP shops) so I guess I gotta farm, and that will take thime, but for now I'll give up on GC'ing other whips as I really like the snake whip.

My problem with GRM whips is that I don't like the looks and except Splasher I find the rest of the SEs pointless. Peace Breaker as you say does DEF down, which for me is the most pointless debuff and for debuffing enemies I prefer just to pull the wand and do it myself. I love whips with disabling SEs, and Stun is the best because it doesn't wear off by hits unlike sleep or freeze.

So I guess I'll stay with my set of 40% splashers and farm the Medusas, even if it's a slooooooooooooow task. In the worst of the cases, I can use the GC points that I was planning on swapping Vish Kusebs into turning all Medusas I'd get into the correct set.

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hey Darki the bapp is stronger then the spasher and you can get a lv 3 stun on it with Gas

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 02:57 PM
and oh the medusa`s are going for 60-90 mil.:(

Darki
Nov 25, 2010, 03:46 PM
If I had time for doing GAM then I'd get the incapacite SE, which would be the best, but I'm not planning on that because many weapons I got do SEs, so my idea was to get Stun Collapse.

Also, I don't like the looks of those whips like Vi Bapp, they look a bit weird. D:

Red*
Nov 25, 2010, 03:59 PM
incap SE (lvl2) isnt good. i testet it with neutral machinegun in SS/R.. and yes the incap rate is very small. stun is more effectiv.
and btw. Vish Bapp 50% is a Title reward. im sure they are cheap in the player shops

unicorn
Nov 25, 2010, 04:37 PM
For regular crowds I use Peace Breakers on my WT. This is because it does lvl 4 DFP down, better than WT's lvl 3 Zalure.

For bosses I like to use Vi Bapps or Snakeskin Albino (both for ATP since bosses cant get SE), but I wouldnt be surprised if Medusa has better grinds.

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
well LV 2 incap is only good as long as your ATA is high, so mechgun would suck since mechgun have very low ATA. Remember more hit more chances and oh is it Lv 2? have you try kill large monsters with it, not using mechgun. try the large common seed fighter can`t remember name right now the one with bunny ears(lol) they have low enough STA to see happen.... and why mechguns? PH on HG are better then a mechgun even and HG with PH have low ATA. and Darki is a WT too so can`t use mechgun. Lv 1 selince claw with 50 ATA B rank owns so, even Lv 2 or 3 is way better when you add better ATA weapons to the list. and remeber it`s not 100% spell? the LV 1 claw kill 20% of the time with foes less the 11 STA. so Lv2 or 3 should the same for any thing 11-21(LV2) and 21-31(LV3=large,except the Cars past certen LV). so a LV2 can kill more then a LV1 even the robot that die with LV1, and It can be higher for those guys too since the spell LV is higher. lol treat incap half level lower then the other spells since it doesn`t work the same way so LV 1 is like 0.5 more likely to kill very low STA foes lv 2 is like 1.5 kills normal little guys and some medium guys like vish fearc
and lv 3 is like 2.5 killing medium and some large foes. it will always have a 20 % chance at current lv at the same lv of monster it can kill, say Lv3 does medium and some large that will be 20%, everything higher no chance anything lower could be higher but not by much maybec 40%, 10% for each LV gained maybec. But that`s only if you hit it and oh do more then 50 dmg SE work better when they are even thou they still work under 50 dmg but not as well.

def down 3 to def down 4 is 20 dmg not enough differnce between the two. Tien`s can be better in both regards with the Dark verion`s SE is not blocked by boss and can out dps very easy with it combo it with megistar o.o (which seems to be a WT eveculise some times lol) lol WT are like stimed marines lol sorry for the pun, We do better when we get high lol

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 06:55 PM
It`s vish dergiruc the 12* whip not fearuc the 11* that has incap Lv 2 oops

Red*
Nov 25, 2010, 07:39 PM
If I had time for doing GAM then I'd get the incapacite SE, which .....

i didnt say mechgun is good. but i tested if incap lvl2 is good enough to kill small enemies (like badihra or this flying machine bugs). mechgun is the weapon with the most hits in short time. and without a PA the accuracy is high enough to hit with every shot. but i saw that this GAS incap lvl2 isnt good (the shots/incap rate is to low) and not worth to buy.

Omega-z
Nov 25, 2010, 11:14 PM
I see what you did Red, But mechguns have the weakest mod for SE`s because of the 9 hits you get with it other wise you could get the SE`s all the time. Problely why they put it on a whip for Lv 2 since whip have 1 of the highest mods. then weapon choices and classes can change what you want from GAS then. could test out R-mag,whips,claw, twin claw, dagger, twin dagger, and bow at least for a WT thou`s have the highest mod for SE`s, might be 1 or 2 more I think not sure on it but card could be too. oh by the way the bugs are considered as a medium foe so may or may not be able to die with it and if it does very low chance at it especally with the high EVP they have and thou Foe have higher STA also. so it be like shooting Deljabner`s and Pannon`s. And it`s not the same as the other SE`s too Shooting them in the back doesn`t work to make it happen more often. It`s on it`s own terms when it come to this SE. Well most of all it depends on the Persons feeling on which SE they use, be it with a higher % or lower % and the Effect. Thank You Red for info with the incap and mechgun use with it, it helps alot of thou`s out there who uses them and had thought of using the two together Thank You again:).

Darki
Nov 26, 2010, 04:43 AM
Well, mechgun is not the issue here since we're talking about Wartecher and we don't use them.

I'm still having second thoughts about the Medusa for some reasons... Mainly, the difficult to get them, of course. I've spammed Awoken serpent before when farming for a Freeze / Resist with my friends in the past, but also, I'm not too convinced about the looks of the weapon. It looks really big for my character, and well, if we were talking about efficiency and real life I'd go for it, but in the game I like playing for the looks too. In the worst of the case I wouldn't mind changing my character's proportions to match it a bit (I'm having weird issues with my payments in JP servers). That's the reason for me to not to use the Vi Bapp whip, I think it's ugly as hell and I prefer having a whip with it's own SE.

So, I'm still considering the GC'ed Kusebs. I'm not a damage obsessed (I'm more the elemental whore, I HAS to get a full rainbow element for weapons, I even get the neutral ones even when I don't use them, lol), so I'm not really thinking about using Tiens with "HP affects power" effect. My question would be if the freeze effect of the Kuseb is as effective as the Stun of the Splasher, at least, so I can freeze the same things that I stunned before.

Omega-z
Nov 26, 2010, 03:31 PM
Hi, Darki

I would say yes to that question, Because when I was on the US PC Version had Kusebs as a stun type of whip since we didn't have a good A ranked whip that had movement locked other than Kuseb, So in the spirit of good looks and movement lock, go for it :) a new nickname could be ice queen since you be freezing alot :). I can understand the good looks to since I do the same thing lol , but with dark weapons since I want to look like a SEED monster lol. If you see me around say hi and we can do some runs together:)

Darki
Nov 27, 2010, 01:46 AM
At the end I got myself the rainbow set of Vish Kusebs, all 38%, except the neutral (YES NEUTRAL, I had some GC left and not enough for the gacha lol, I'm done with the legacy of the crap Light and it's 2D paper weapons).

The damage is good, maybe not as high as the Vi Bapp but exponentially cooler, lol. I dunno what's the problem with the C~B rank Tenora whips (yes I know two are A rank but the real ones from PSPo are C~B, it's not my fault they fucked up the weapon list for PSU), but they look craptacular to me. The HUGE handle maybe looks cool in PSPo, but I don't like when it is the size of my char's head, duh. Moreover, is also priceless to see my friends getting mindfucked when I freeze things with a fire whip, lol.

So, for now on these will be my whips but I don't discard trying the Snake Whip Medusa if I get my hands on one. If I end liking it and/or I find acceptable a proportion change I can always sell the Kusebs, I guess. About the GC, you can read one of my last posts to see why I don' care too much about spending them lol.