PDA

View Full Version : Best way to play solo?

killakeeps
Nov 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
What is the best way to play solo, campaign or free play 'online'

Pirrip
Nov 27, 2010, 06:37 PM
The best way to gain levels and look for the best drops offline is by playing the Eternal Tower quest over and over, in my opinion.
Field mode in single online mode gains you better drops, as well. Granted, it's easier to clear field levels with a competant party--not that I mean to steer you away from playing solo.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 27, 2010, 06:39 PM
Story Mode gets you the ability to fight with the albeit stupid AI'd partners, while the online Solo has the higher rare droprate supposedly, but the enemies are much stronger and you can't have help if you do it solo... my bets on the Story Mode. Just do some Field runs of wherever you need to go with whoever you want to bring, it's much better than doing online runs and getting murdered sometimes against the beefed SH foes. : /

Eternal Tower is good, but for EXP, it isn't even that great until the 80's and beyond, when the enemies aren't giving less EXP than the enemies outside of the Tower. <.<

killakeeps
Nov 27, 2010, 08:21 PM
Well, I'm only level 13 or something, HUman.

Wish I had more people that wanted to play together :X

Windancer
Nov 27, 2010, 09:56 PM
Killa im off monday and tuesday and will be on then I will join ya

bns1991
Nov 28, 2010, 12:46 PM
I have noticed that doing online missions are a bit more challenging in the way that enemies are a bit stronger and have defense and resistance. I'm not sure if they give more exp (I have only played them with my lv 100 HUmar), but its always fun to fight stronger enemies.

Chaos Rappy
Nov 28, 2010, 01:45 PM
They don't give more EXP, they just don't give you any less if you're not the one to kill it, unlike if in Story Mode, one of your partners kills something, in which you get only 4/5ths the EXP, even if you did 99% of the damage.

Cruciarius
Dec 1, 2010, 03:45 PM
In my opinion, ideal place to play would depend on your gear/build.

Offline story:
Lowest drop rate for rares. Easier to solo.

Free Play:
Higher drop rates for rares. Tougher hostiles. 2-4 players "helping" each other.

WiFi playing alone:
Online-only quests. Touger hostiles (same as Free Play). Playing alone.

Host/Join Friends on WiFi:
Same as Free Play, but with friends. Allows for trading and questing with friends.

Personally, it all depends on the time I have to play and where I want to go/hunt. Lately I've only been doing offline story mode, but occasionally play WiFi solo... nobody on my list is ever on anymore.

killakeeps
Dec 1, 2010, 07:57 PM
In my opinion, ideal place to play would depend on your gear/build.

Offline story:
Lowest drop rate for rares. Easier to solo.

Free Play:
Higher drop rates for rares. Tougher hostiles. 2-4 players "helping" each other.

WiFi playing alone:
Online-only quests. Touger hostiles (same as Free Play). Playing alone.

Host/Join Friends on WiFi:
Same as Free Play, but with friends. Allows for trading and questing with friends.

Personally, it all depends on the time I have to play and where I want to go/hunt. Lately I've only been doing offline story mode, but occasionally play WiFi solo... nobody on my list is ever on anymore.

We need a solid group thread or irc, but yea, drop me a PM if you want to add my FC it's in my profile.