PDA

View Full Version : People putting voting buttons in their signatures...

VulpesMundi
Mar 11, 2003, 12:44 AM
...is about the lowest thing I've seen anyone pull. They don't even tell you what it does. They just want you to press it to get a free vote for either themselves or their friends. And yes, those buttons act exactly as if the user was in the voting booth. Same button, different description/location.

The reason why I'm putting it into site related is because I'm curious if this is kosher with both the users and the admins. This is supposed to be another fun contest, but when people cheat it ruins the fun for everyone else. It may just be my opinion, but I don't think that's fair play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-10 21:46 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Mar 11, 2003, 12:57 AM
we'll discuss this

dj_dan
Mar 11, 2003, 01:27 AM
After heated debate over many many toiling weeks, and duals at dawn, this conclusion has surfaced.

Anyone posting a *vote* link in there sig must CLEARY state what clicking on that link will do.

For example if you make a link saying:

*Click here if you think I smell like potatoes*

and it actually links to a direct vote in one of PSOw's official contest, then this will happen.

1. You will be removed from the contest.
2. You will get a warning for abusing sig regulations.
3. As always, repeat offences could get you banned.

** Let's keep these contests fair kids! **

LollipopLolita
Mar 11, 2003, 01:36 AM
If anyone was tricked by this, just let me know and we'll minus the votes only for this instance. Don't ask me about any other instances.

Blood_Dragoon
Mar 11, 2003, 04:16 AM
Yeah I tricked myself into voting for myself with one of those links. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif