PDA

View Full Version : Game Favourite Videogame Levels~

Pirrip
Nov 29, 2010, 06:39 PM
This is very general, but what are typically your favourite kinds of levels? Not just in Phantasy Star Games, but in any kind of game.

BIG OLAF
Nov 29, 2010, 06:46 PM
My favorite levels are usually ancient ruins/tower levels, followed closely by underwater levels (if done correctly), and snowy levels.

Broken_L_button
Nov 29, 2010, 06:49 PM
Well, I like it when the area I'm going through has a complex and detailed design. Thus, I tend to favor stuff that goes along the line of airship, castle and maybe space levels. Factory/base also get a mention in there too.

Chukie sue
Nov 29, 2010, 07:06 PM
Ice and snow! I love the challenge that slipping on ice panels presents!

AlexCraig
Nov 29, 2010, 07:14 PM
Depends, really, on the game for me. I have more specific tastes in levels.
Zelda ALTTP - The Light World levels have always been my favorite.
Pokemon - Route 209 in D/P/P. I like the music on that route.
Metroid/Zero Mission - Brinstar. Great music, classic level.
Star Wars Battlefront II - Hoth. Nothing better than driving an AT-AT and being a juggernaut of power.

McLaughlin
Nov 29, 2010, 07:40 PM
Snow/ice levels. Espcially if they're at night. Almost everything looks awesome covered in snow.

That said, one of my favorite areas recently has been the final portion of Mass Effect, when Shepard blows out the window on the elevator and you actually trek up the side of the Citadel.

Randomness
Nov 29, 2010, 07:49 PM
Snow/ice levels. Espcially if they're at night. Almost everything looks awesome covered in snow.

That said, one of my favorite areas recently has been the final portion of Mass Effect, when Shepard blows out the window on the elevator and you actually trek up the side of the Citadel.

Yeah, that area does a great job building up to the final battle. Actually, the whole sequence before that isn't bad either, when you're rampaging around with the tank. (Can't recall the name)

McLaughlin
Nov 29, 2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah, Ilos had a lot of "holy shit" moments too. I don't know if the intro to Mass Effect 2 counts as a stage, but from the intro credits to the end of Freedom's Progress is probably also one of my recent favorite sequences.

Outrider
Nov 30, 2010, 01:16 AM

Actually, I'd have to say that the final dungeon of Mass Effect 2 is on my top-ten list.

Probably because the greater teamwork mechanics (as binary and shallow as they may be) remind me so much of another favorite dungeon from an RPG: Kefka's castle in Final Fantasy VI.

I guess I just really like RPGs that remember you have a gigantic party and actually have them around during the final area?

Pirrip
Nov 30, 2010, 01:23 AM
Actually, I'd have to say that the final dungeon of Mass Effect 2 is on my top-ten list.

Probably because the greater teamwork mechanics (as binary and shallow as they may be) remind me so much of another favorite dungeon from an RPG: Kefka's castle in Final Fantasy VI.

I guess I just really like RPGs that remember you have a gigantic party and actually have them around during the final area?

Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy VI mentioned?! This thread is tops! ^^

I remember that your whole party came with you to the top of the Tartarus in Persona 3, but whoever wasn't in your battle party was supposedly defending your party from other gathering shadows... I thought that idea was lame.

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2010, 09:25 AM

Mass Effect 2 on the whole is probably in my top ten list.

Randomness
Nov 30, 2010, 12:06 PM

Technically, your whole party is even participating in the final boss fight in VI. If someone's down for too long, someone tags in. Which kind of sucks, since usually you have all your best gear on the people you sent in first.

Outrider
Nov 30, 2010, 01:40 PM
Technically, your whole party is even participating in the final boss fight in VI. If someone's down for too long, someone tags in. Which kind of sucks, since usually you have all your best gear on the people you sent in first.

Yeah, I've always had a love/hate relationship with the character replacement

Mostly love, though. Because it's awesome.

Roger Triton
Nov 30, 2010, 06:13 PM
Ummmm wow that is a super general topic. I dunno, i haven't played many levels in ice stages (although a nice part of Xenosaga II took place in a winter area), and then I think Donkey Kong had an ice stage. If I had to take grassy areas as a whole, that puts Zelda at the top of the list. Gears of War would take up a good chunk of city levels + Halo.

I think the game sets the tone of things, and unless someone were trippin' they would probably not remember. People remember games, no offense. I'll just choose the grassy one because Zelda games come to mind.

Why isn't there a choice for radiated, nuclear fallout & destroyed Apocalypse areas? I swear i'm gonna sue for bias....

Monochrome
Nov 30, 2010, 07:16 PM
Forest/jungle or beachside/tropical levels are my top choices.. bright colors.

Randomness
Nov 30, 2010, 09:11 PM
On-topic for the site, the Central Control area of PSO was awesome. Easily the best area of all three episodes. (1,2,4)

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2010, 09:28 PM
Agreed.