PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see on the Nintendo 3DS?

Anon_Fire
Nov 30, 2010, 12:14 AM
A universal friend code
Pictochat Online
Music Player
3G
Friends List
Downloadable Content
Miis
Some stopwatch function

Leviathan
Nov 30, 2010, 12:27 AM
Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Randomness
Nov 30, 2010, 12:33 AM
Enjoyable games.

I don't give a damn about anything else.

Split
Nov 30, 2010, 12:36 AM
Metal Gear Solid franchise.
Well here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWDhcu6Jems

The best part is this game seems to have better graphics (read: higher polygon count, more powerful, dynamic engine, etc.) than the console version.

Me, well, I'd like to see some goddamn new IPs

EDIT: also, notice how much better the lip syncing goes with the English dialogue in the above video

Randomness
Nov 30, 2010, 01:02 AM
I have to say, that's rather impressive for a handheld. (Specifically, a Nintendo one, since Nintendo has never really splurged on graphics)

Chukie sue
Nov 30, 2010, 01:35 AM
Megaman _____

Pirrip
Nov 30, 2010, 01:44 AM
MonHan would be fun, but I think it would be asking for too much.

I'd love another Trauma Center or Final Fantasy Tactics addition.
Maybe some sort of MMO sort of game? I mean, ifPhantasy Star Zero, Ragnarok, and MapleStory can all make it on DS, why not something new?

FOkyasuta
Nov 30, 2010, 01:47 AM
Shutoko Battle 3D. (A.K.A Tokyo Extreme Racer 3D)

Kion
Nov 30, 2010, 01:58 AM
3rd party games. I don't plan on buying anything from Nintendo until they demonstrate they know how to play ball. Nintendo franchise games are fun, but generation after generation of the same titles is getting really old. Using a more open engine and having MGS and Resident Evil means they're off to a good start, but I won't be convinced until I see more.

Also more functions besides just being a game system. A PAINT program, schedule, music, movies, comic, internet. It shouldn't just be a one-shot cartridge deal. Also a nice avatar system would be cool; Animal crossing should come pre-installed on every system.

Cryptic
Nov 30, 2010, 02:07 AM
Phantasy Star Zero continuation in some form preferably with a bigger selection of areas if possible and maybe even a chat lobby before grouping up online with other people

Etrian Odyssey series continuation as well.. though it might be nice to see things in 3D ..but if that space or memory usage can be used to make the game longer I'd prefer the latter..or adding some improved multiplayer functionality

Though this is just wishful thinking without not really knowing the things it would take for this to be possible..xD

Roger Triton
Nov 30, 2010, 03:45 AM
802.11 g/n (N being the faster WiFi)
homebrew
bittorrent client
That SEGA game from the 90's that had the holographs fighting each other
Virtual Girl (like the PC)stop having a dirty mind. i can see you!
An interactive bar
3D chat across the Internet using 3DS built-in cam
Facebook access via voice chat
All games have a voicechat option
Free daily cookie
all for under $300

Kent
Nov 30, 2010, 03:54 AM
I have to say, that's rather impressive for a handheld. (Specifically, a Nintendo one, since Nintendo has never really splurged on graphics)
And then consider this: That's being rendered in 3D. That means that the entire screen is being rendered twice over for every frame, and it still looks that good.

Etrian Odyssey series continuation as well.. though it might be nice to see things in 3D ..but if that space or memory usage can be used to make the game longer I'd prefer the latter..or adding some improved multiplayer functionality
Back during E3 when the 3DS was first announced (officially), Nintendo's press website had a list of game franchises that had entries in development for the 3DS, and one of them was in fact Etrian Odyssey.

Leviathan
Nov 30, 2010, 09:21 AM
Well here you go:

YouTube - [EXTENDED] Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D | trailer Nintendo 3DS (2011) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWDhcu6Jems)

The best part is this game seems to have better graphics (read: higher polygon count, more powerful, dynamic engine, etc.) than the console version.

Me, well, I'd like to see some goddamn new IPs

EDIT: also, notice how much better the lip syncing goes with the English dialogue in the above video

It's a start, but I'm thankful for it anyways.

Chukie sue
Nov 30, 2010, 10:34 AM
homebrew

It will happen.

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2010, 10:56 AM
First and foremost. That all games made for it allow WPA encrypted WiFi. The DS games are the last thing in my house with the WEP or lower restriction. I want to go all WPA but my copy of PSZ and Dragon Quest 9 say otherwise.

A new Phantasy Star Zero sequel would be nice as well. It would be nice to see a Monster Hunter on it, as well.

Outrider
Nov 30, 2010, 11:18 AM
What I want out of the 3DS is for it to not just become a portable console. Portable games and console games are different for a reason (and a good reason at that). That's one of the reasons PSP didn't perform like Sony thought it would - many of their top games early on were basically PS2 games without any concessions towards the portable nature of the gameplay.

3rd party games. I don't plan on buying anything from Nintendo until they demonstrate they know how to play ball. Nintendo franchise games are fun, but generation after generation of the same titles is getting really old. Using a more open engine and having MGS and Resident Evil means they're off to a good start, but I won't be convinced until I see more.

I'm not sure what DS library you're looking at if you think there weren't any good third-party games available on the platform.

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2010, 11:57 AM
A Golden Sun that I won't need to wait seven years to play. Also more Fire Emblem (although that does me no good if they never get released outside Japan...)

Chukie sue
Nov 30, 2010, 03:01 PM
A Golden Sun that I won't need to wait seven years to play. Also more Fire Emblem (although that does me no good if they never get released outside Japan...)

Shin Monshou looks good.

McLaughlin
Nov 30, 2010, 03:11 PM
Just hoping it actually comes out in North America. It was released in July (I think?) in Japan and there's been no real word (that I've seen anyway) saying it'll make it over here.

Cryptic
Nov 30, 2010, 05:32 PM
Back during E3 when the 3DS was first announced (officially), Nintendo's press website had a list of game franchises that had entries in development for the 3DS, and one of them was in fact Etrian Odyssey.

True but it wasn't specific as to whether it was a new entry or a remake...I'd prefer a new entry personally but a remake might be good too if it has worthwhile changes that better the gameplay such as balancing the classes of the first 2 games..