PDA

View Full Version : What does your Custom User Title mean?

Pirrip
Dec 1, 2010, 02:36 PM
*sigh* Alright, I just sat down and wrote ten pages about why a book by a gay writer about gay characters sends a homophobic message, so I need a serious change of pace.

So, What does your Custom User Title mean?
If you don't know what I'm referring to, it's that little thing of text by your name and avatar that you can change to say whatever you like.

Is it something cryptic and only you can understand it? Is it something Phantasy Star related? Is it related to a book, show, film, or other game? Is it something abstract? Does it tell us what your favourite fruit or vegetable is?Haya, I'm talking to you. I don't blame you, potatoes saved the western world at one point in time.

Mine says, "Cast Mechanic"
It's Phantasy Star related... and although I love drawing and writing, I secretly want to engineer pretty metal things like Casts. Although I would totally go for repairing broken GH470 Partner Machines instead ehehe...

Volcompat321
Dec 1, 2010, 02:52 PM
Mine is from a song, a Nas song.
Nothing too wild.

AlexCraig
Dec 1, 2010, 02:54 PM
I think mine is fairly straightforeward. Though I suppose the double entendre could be that I founded the Hunters Guild social group here and team on Blue Burst.

Sayara
Dec 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
Erekirin.
jp name to Watt Giraffe, my picture profile pic

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
My custom user title is based off of my main character from the Phantasy Star Universe, Phantasy Star Portable series. Tynselle Nbareh. In making her character, the backstory just came with her. It tells a supporting side-story of a circus caravan that travels around the systems and how a particular member became involved with conflicts there, as well as other characters who come in contact with her.

The rest is pretty much explained in this link:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105796

Outrider
Dec 1, 2010, 03:22 PM
I'm bored.

That's how I wound up here.

[spoiler-box]
*sigh* Alright, I just sat down and wrote ten pages about why a book by a gay writer about gay characters sends a homophobic message, so I need a serious change of pace.

Huh-buh-wha? Is there a typo in there or is that what you're actually saying?[/spoiler-box]

Zarode
Dec 1, 2010, 03:26 PM
Was trolling.

Randomness
Dec 1, 2010, 03:45 PM
Its a reference to how much I love RPGs.

Chukie sue
Dec 1, 2010, 03:45 PM
I pride myself for defending things like marshmallows.

Akaimizu
Dec 1, 2010, 03:46 PM
Defending marshmallows?

(Note to self. Be careful when inviting Chuckie Sue to any camping trip.)

BIG OLAF
Dec 1, 2010, 03:51 PM
My PSU character, Nassandra, has a blue theme (blue clothing, hair, lips, eyes, etc.). That's the "blue" part.

The 8008 part has a double meaning: she is pretty much the tank of my friend group on PSU, and does a lot of damage (as 8008 is a lot of damage, obviously). Also, my friends and I use that specific number because it resembles the word "boob", and Nassandra has extremely large breasts.

Pirrip
Dec 1, 2010, 04:06 PM
I'm bored.

That's how I wound up here.

[spoiler-box]

Huh-buh-wha? Is there a typo in there or is that what you're actually saying?[/spoiler-box]

Nope, no typographical error. I'm making a very bold statement that I am quite sure my teacher will disagree with, though she did encourage the original thesis.

Dec 1, 2010, 04:44 PM
Mine is just a bunch of snowmen, it doesn't mean anything.

Outrider
Dec 1, 2010, 04:59 PM
Nope, no typographical error. I'm making a very bold statement that I am quite sure my teacher will disagree with, though she did encourage the original thesis.

I can't really comment without knowing the work you're referring to, but uh... best of luck, I guess?

Mine is just a bunch of snowmen, it doesn't mean anything.

So that's what they are. I couldn't figure it out.

Leviathan
Dec 1, 2010, 05:15 PM
It's the name of a really good song.

Tyreek
Dec 1, 2010, 05:17 PM
I apparently let my guard down around people I knew back then. And as such, I was 1 Nintendo DS, 8 DS games, and 1 GBA game short. As a response, and a little humor, You see Resist/Theft. (+)x3 for extra measure lol.

Seth Astra
Dec 1, 2010, 05:25 PM
IMO, newmans get shafted a lot in Phantasy Star games. I don't like this. Hence my title "Newman Rights Activist".

Pirrip
Dec 1, 2010, 05:27 PM
I can't really comment without knowing the work you're referring to, but uh... best of luck, I guess?

The Hours by Michael Cunningham. ^^

I'm bored too... when I'm on PSO-World, I know I am procrastinating and should be working on other stuff.

Kent
Dec 1, 2010, 05:41 PM
There's a "boss" fight toward the end of Gunstar Heroes on the Genesis. It's during the space ship level, called the Timeron (the same one you may have fought in Black's Dice Maze earlier, if you landed on the spot for it). However, this time around, has an incredibly small amount of health, and can easily be killed in less than two seconds by most kinds of weapons.

However, it has a secret challenge hidden in it, that's really one of the earliest gaming examples of Bullet Hell: The Timeron's Challenge is a challenge to how long you can last against this boss without killing it (or dying, yourself). As the battle goes on, the patterns and intensity of the bullets get more difficult, new types of shots and attacks are happening (many of which deal more damage than early ones).

Being that the challenge is to last as long as you can, but there are only two minute digits and no hour digits, the timer caps at 99'60"00... And if you get there, it stops, the Timeron self-destructs, you get an underwhelming (but still significantly-large) point bonus, and the text:

[spoiler-box]
GIVE UP !!

YOU OPENED THE
- SATORI MIND -

REPROGRAMMED BY
1993-NAMI

SOUL BONUS 00930410
[/spoiler-box]

Basically, it means I went beyond the impossible one Saturday.

FOkyasuta
Dec 1, 2010, 06:01 PM
The group C Lemans racer that was banned from it after its 1st win due to its engine not meeting the weight standard. Choose it due to being the racing mood lately.

Defending marshmallows?

(Note to self. Be careful when inviting Chuckie Sue to any camping trip.)

*Cough* I don't think he means that kind of "marshmallow". Think for a bit then you'll see. *Shudders*

Sinue_v2
Dec 1, 2010, 06:46 PM
The EGA Warrior title is a way to show my love for the old-school PC games I grew up with.
(EGA stands for Enhanced Graphics Adapter. 16 simultaneous colors baby!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwN76srJyLM&feature=fvsr

Vanzazikon
Dec 1, 2010, 06:47 PM
Beats me.

Blitzkommando
Dec 1, 2010, 07:06 PM
My status is invisible. This leaves my meanderings on this board as nebulous much like the thought experiment from which my title comes.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 1, 2010, 07:08 PM
Beats me.
Is it like mine and it-be's whatever you wants it to be?
Its not about bees though. Just beat it, with that. No one wants to be defeated. ..how strong is your fight.. It doesn't matter who's wrong or right..

Was one of these once
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/customavatars/avatar20519_4.gif

> to stop these guys

Was trolling.
Same stuff Blanka does.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/converse.php?u=50069&u2=9273 & #10-29-2008 06:52 PM

Man, Blanka just does too much.

Randomness
Dec 1, 2010, 07:35 PM
My status is invisible. This leaves my meanderings on this board as nebulous much like the thought experiment from which my title comes.

Its missing an r, so it doesn't count.

sCI
Dec 1, 2010, 07:40 PM
I haven't played PSO for more than 30 minutes at a time in over 3 years. I think that may change, but probably not.

Rashiid
Dec 1, 2010, 08:18 PM
I enjoy Photoshop and love making avatars/sigs. The 'ish' part was added since I'm still in college taking various graphic design courses, so I'm not official.

Palle
Dec 2, 2010, 12:57 AM
Generic term for pilots in EVE. Previous titles and usernames were all Gundam related, so this could be considered a breakthrough for me. ;3

AC9breaker
Dec 2, 2010, 01:53 AM
The title of a song I am particularly fond of by DnB, Electronical, industrial group, Haujobb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-5R2Hizbso

Blitzkommando
Dec 2, 2010, 07:11 PM
Its missing an r, so it doesn't count.

Prove it's not there.

SubstanceD
Dec 3, 2010, 05:49 AM
It comes from PSO: Episodes 1 & 2 on the GC. I fell in love HUcaseal ( Hunter Female Cast ) class since I loved the class, the stats as well as the fact that the looked bad-ass. I've been playing as a female cast hunter in PSO PSU ever since.

KodiaX987
Dec 3, 2010, 12:49 PM
If you need help figuring mine out, PM me and I'll try to pull some strings to get you banned. :wacko:

Retehi
Dec 3, 2010, 05:09 PM
It means I haven't changed my profile once since I joined the site.

FOkyasuta
Dec 3, 2010, 05:46 PM
Self Explanatory.

Split
Dec 3, 2010, 06:01 PM
Auron is my hero. Seriously. My favorite character in anything ever, forever.

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2010, 08:56 PM
It means I don't post often.

Randomness
Dec 3, 2010, 10:26 PM

Isn't it Tidus's line though? (I mean, yes, Auron uses it once or twice too, but...)

SStrikerR
Dec 4, 2010, 02:28 AM
Generic 3k-4k post count title. I've changed it a bunch over the past 4 years, but I don't bother with it anymore. I can't think of anything to put there.

Weird, it feels like I've been here a lot longer than 4 years.

sCI
Dec 4, 2010, 02:28 AM
It means I don't post often.
That's not what your post count says. :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Dec 4, 2010, 02:48 AM
That's not what your post count says. :wacko:

Well, he's been here since '04. I think that would be ample time to get up to 2k posts.

joefro
Dec 4, 2010, 04:02 AM
It means that I'm a Marathon Man.

GeoSword
Dec 4, 2010, 04:47 AM
Mine I guess have dual meaning. When I did play PSU, I played well enough that I was complimented as a "Formidable GUARDIAN". The other meaning is being part of a Boss Rush in Gradius Gaiden, and the name of the stage is "Stage 8: Formidable Guardians".

SquashDemon
Dec 4, 2010, 07:20 AM
It means I drink mates...A LOT.

Wayu
Dec 4, 2010, 09:06 AM
Fire Emblem reference for mine. It's the highest class in the swordmaster category, with the highest avoid, speed, and skill out of any of the human/Beorc classes. Fits with my play style.

Also, once again from Fire Emblem, Mia (a Trueblade) from Radiant Dawn is probably the most overpowered character in the game, with absurd critical rates, the highest potential avoid rate, and nearly 50% chances to activate at least one out of 3 skills that basically guarantees a one-turn kill. Oh, and she's my favorite character in the series ^^;.

Oh, and Wayu (ワユ) is Mia's Japanese name. Similarly, 'Mia' is exceedingly close to my real first name, 'Miya'.

It's all tied together.

-Wayu

bns1991
Dec 4, 2010, 10:00 AM
My title proclaims that I am the best HUmar in the history of the game.

Agreed. I name my HUmar Auron^^;

Delete
Dec 4, 2010, 01:01 PM
Me and my friends used to do dumb stuff like Rated N for Noob or Rated R for retard. One day I just happened to say rated M for modded (because I own in FPS's) and it kinda stuck.

NoGoBoard
Dec 4, 2010, 01:09 PM
I play WoW and don't post that much...

AlexCraig
Dec 4, 2010, 02:41 PM
It means I drink mates...A LOT.

Careful. As proven in PSO Episode 1's "The Lost Bride" quest, mates make you fat if you drink too many, mate.

Zarode
Dec 4, 2010, 04:27 PM
Yet you can work off those extra carbs with a wonderful jog through the Caves in scenic Ragol.

Split
Dec 4, 2010, 07:12 PM
Isn't it Tidus's line though? (I mean, yes, Auron uses it once or twice too, but...)Yeah it is, but Auron says it in Kingdom Hearts 2 to great effect, and it's sort of his thing to refer to people's lives as "stories."

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 4, 2010, 11:20 PM
Yet you can work off those extra carbs with a wonderful jog through the Caves in scenic Ragol.
And fit into the slim little number from when you picked out the dress. So like months before or something? Hubby still stayed with ya.

Or how the heck long was that period between buying dress and the wedding day?!

Gunslinger-08
Dec 4, 2010, 11:23 PM
It is simply a subtle reminder to the former PC/PS2 PSU community of how Protranser was the best.

DoubleJG
Dec 5, 2010, 12:21 AM
It translates to "I get results."

Randomness
Dec 5, 2010, 12:44 AM
It is simply a subtle reminder to the former PC/PS2 PSU community of how Protranser was the best.

Haha, PT was probably the strongest class by far. (For tearing crap up. You still wanted a AT or FT for the buffs)

drizzle
Dec 5, 2010, 05:20 PM
It means, um...

CrimsomWolf
Dec 5, 2010, 05:38 PM
What it says on the tin.

Reksanden
Dec 5, 2010, 05:41 PM
Mine is self explanitory, if you're a philosipher.

8BitGinno
Dec 5, 2010, 07:32 PM
Just a reference towards my love for retro games and such. Could be applied to retro things in general. I'm a very nostalgic guy.

FOkyasuta
Dec 12, 2010, 06:28 PM
Its a reference to the final boss of Shutokou battle saga other wise known as Tokyo Xtreme Racer overseas. He drives the "Devil Z."

legacytyphoon
Dec 12, 2010, 10:25 PM
I could have made something more meaningful, but "Pneumatic Fuzzy Vinegar" just flows off the lips. You know?

Monochrome
Dec 12, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hmm, mine is mostly decorative.

5 stars... Like a CALIBUR or DISKA..

dang, I'm super common.

Kylie
Dec 13, 2010, 04:18 AM
I believe it's "Midnight Caller." If it's not, well, it's getting changed after I post this. It's a reference to Alyssa Ashcroft, a caracter (my favorite character) from Resident Evil Outbreak. Her hooker-esque outfit was called "Midnight Caller." It was my favorite outfit of 1 and 2; I guess because I'm a hooker.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 13, 2010, 10:37 PM
Miko of (9) is a small in joke for touhou fans. (9) meaning idiot, so in conjuction of Miko it pretty much means I am the priest of all idiots.

I seriously gotta change that thing. I've had it for what? A year? Maybe when I get my lazy ass going I will. Until then.........fuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh 4 more levels until I can awaken my Mechanic in Dungeon Fighter Online.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 14, 2010, 01:15 PM
I love anime. Not because i'm a Japanophile i just think moving comics are cool.
American cartoons are mostly on crack.