PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

twitcher05
Dec 1, 2010, 11:00 PM
After playing pso on my gc for so many years, just last year I started writing a story based off the story line, quests and even my characters(using there names). It's more in a script form than a book, which my girlfriend is going to help me do when I'm done, but even if I were to do that, I would still need to buy the rights off SEGA right? I don't know, I became very passionate with my story and would maybe want to make it a book or even better a manga... What do you guys think?

paracelsus
Dec 2, 2010, 02:27 AM
see about the rights issue first, then if you want to go Manga then I suggest a web comic first. Get a readership going so the publishing company doesn't dump you after your first volume.

twitcher05
Dec 2, 2010, 02:37 AM
Hmm, I guess. Even if it doesn't happen, I can still read it over and over again because I like it. The only person who read what I have so far is my gf and she said she liked it, but idk maybe she saying that cuz she doesn't want to sound mean.

paracelsus
Dec 2, 2010, 02:06 PM
The reason I mention getting a reader base first is because there was a Manga I liked call 'Orange Crows'. Many people bought it and liked it as well, yet there won't be a second volume release. It seems the sales wasn't high enough for Tokyo Pop. The author is currently looking into making it into a web comic so he can continue the story and maybe get it republished.

As long as a manga is interesting you'll get readers. I'm currently reading 'Bakuman' its a manga about writing manga. It quite interesting and might give you some ideas. Also remember most popular manga from Japan have weekly chapter releases, so most volumes are literally two months of story.

twitcher05
Dec 2, 2010, 07:15 PM
Lol than I guess I need to find someone who knows how to work that. Oh well that won't be for awhile anyways.

paracelsus
Dec 3, 2010, 04:40 AM
I hope I haven't detoured you, I'm interested in reading your story.

twitcher05
Dec 5, 2010, 12:25 AM
Here's like a little taste of what I have. It's like a couple pages in the story:

--Everybody starts walking—
Girly: (Looks at Twitch) That was funny what happened to you.
Twitch: Well, yeah because it didn’t happen to you.
Lunchbox: What happened the other day?
Twitch: Well, I was leaving and when I got to the door, her friend Twinkle opened the door and slammed my face.
Lunchbox: Hahaha! Man, I missed it? I should have stayed there longer.
Girly: Yeah, well we’re sorry about that.
--Trigger stops—
Twitch: What’s wrong?
Trigger: shh. I just heard some growling.
Lunchbox: Hehe sorry about that. I didn’t eat today.
Trigger: No, not you. It was something else. Come on, but stay quit.
--They creep behind a tree—
Trigger: Look, do you see them? Those are called Boomas. And those are called Savage Wolves.
Twitch: Wow, there are a lot of them. Alright, what do you want us to do?
Lunchbox: I’ll tell you what do. We go attack!
--Lunchbox starts running towards the Boomas—
Trigger: Lunchbox! What are you doing?!
--Trigger starts running after Lunchbox—
Girly: Hey! Don’t leave us out of it! Come on Twitch!
--Girly and Twitch starts running after them. Lunchbox swings his sword at a Booma and misses—
Lunchbox: What the hell?!
--Booma slashes Lunchbox—
Lunchbox: Ahhh!
Trigger: Twitch, go heal him! Girly, you cover him!
--Trigger shoots at the Booma and kills it, but the other Boomas start running towards Lunchbox and then Trigger gets surrounded by the Savage Wolves. Twitch fired a Foie to each of the wolves and killed them. Twitch got to Lunchbox and starts healing him. A Booma creeps up behind Twitch and Twitch turns around and freezes. All of a sudden the Booma collapses and Twitch sees Girly standing behind it smiling—
Girly: You looked like you needed help.
Twitch: Yeah. Thanks a lot.
Trigger: (Picks up Lunchbox by the collar) What were you thinking. If something happened to you, that would have been my ass. I don’t need to lose someone else!
--Everybody stares at Trigger with confused faces—
Trigger: Come on. Let’s set up camp.

There's more to it but see how you like this first. Enjoy :D
P.S. My bad if its a little dorky, I hate writing... Ironic isn't it LOL

paracelsus
Dec 5, 2010, 05:04 AM
I see potential, and would like to read more. Also another reason to start it as a web comic is if you also have a forums then you can get a lot of opinions, but remember this is your story and you don't have to cater to fans.

twitcher05
Dec 6, 2010, 08:30 PM
hmm I jus seen on google on how to make a web comic and there's some stuff that I can't even do, but if you give me an email address, I'll be more than happy to have you as my official first reader of what I have so far.

twitcher05
Dec 6, 2010, 08:43 PM
My bad, I meant to put who the characters where.

Twitch:Fomar
Lunchbox:HUmar(I call them Duelers in the story so people won't get confused)
Trigger:Ramar
Girly:HUnewearl

FOkyasuta
Dec 6, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hm.... Not Bad... Not Bad At All. I Like,

twitcher05
Dec 6, 2010, 09:59 PM
If anyone else is interested in getting what I have, private message me your email address and I'll send you what I have.

Oh.. I'm sorry, thank you for the compliments. It means alot :)

twitcher05
Dec 11, 2010, 08:14 PM
Well that's cool that you want to do that. I'll be looking towards that. I just do this so I can share with people because we all like phantasy star and since you might take film studies, maybe you want to read I what I got. Who knows, maybe I can help you out a little.

Kyoko90
Dec 11, 2010, 10:31 PM
I WANNA READ IT ... I'M GONNA HUG YOU TILL YOU SEND IT TO ME
(>OWO)>

twitcher05
Dec 12, 2010, 06:40 AM
Lol than private message me your email address and I'll be more than happy to send it to u. Yahoo or gmail preffered plz. Thank You :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NegaTsukasa
Jan 3, 2011, 01:39 AM
Well many producers share their fan made stories through web comic/manga and so forth for free online. which usually is a good start for publicity. Since it is a fan fiction you should be alright. there are so many fan created things out there it wouldn't really matter as long as a profit is not being made.

twitcher05
Jan 3, 2011, 05:43 AM
Yea i no. Thats why im sending my story to people who want to read it. Granted it may jus be a script but we will c about makin a web comic/manga. xD

twitcher05
Feb 1, 2011, 04:25 AM
Lol omg... It's writer block after writer block with me. I hate thinking so much because than I just get overwhelmed and I forget what I just thought. >.<