PDA

View Full Version : Rpg addict's withdrawal thread

Roger Triton
Dec 2, 2010, 05:05 PM
A thread to talk about games other than PSzero & Phantasy Star Portable 1/2.
An especially brilliant thread (I hope) to talk about all non-rpgs games on the DS & PSP. Contribute games you've played or want to play. Let someone else respond with their opinions.

OK, first up on my menu of to play is something action'y. I choose:

Castlevania : Order of Ecclesia Anyone played it? What do you think?
and Scribblenauts. A puzzle game where you draw stuff to win. A bit of action of the puzzle kind. Played it?

I've been a long time fan of Castlevania & this one kind of resembles CV2 on the NES. I really liked Simon's Quest. i almost put Belmont's Curse. LOL Puzzle games are a welcome relief from Rpgs but still require some brain power.

The Last Baron
Dec 2, 2010, 06:44 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2: Anyone played it? What do you think?
and Halo: Reach -- quite possibly the best shooter ever created. Ever played it?

I've been a long time fan of Ninja Gaiden & this one continues to build on the fast-paced/challenging gameplay of its predecessors. I really liked the boob physics too xD.

I hope you don't mind my post formatting and slightly pompous attitude.

Randomness
Dec 2, 2010, 07:19 PM
Order of Ecclesia was fun. That said, its the only game in the series I've played.

Neo Flint
Dec 2, 2010, 07:48 PM
Ecclesia was a great game but Dawn of Sorrow is my personal favorite in the DS liberty.

Also, Sonic Colors for the DS is pretty good too. Has anyone heard of Custom Robo Arena?

Pirrip
Dec 2, 2010, 08:38 PM
I love tactics games, but they're usually lumped with RPGs, so I'll just mention the following:

I freaking love Trauma Center:Under the Knife 1 + 2
I also like Elite Beat Agents, but it can get old once you beat all of the difficulties.

Allison_W
Dec 2, 2010, 08:54 PM
Order of Ecclesia is pretty awesome, and unlike some of the other Castleroids, it doesn't just roll over and let you beat it.

Rashiid
Dec 2, 2010, 09:36 PM
I wish more people played Blur. It's basically Mario Kart for grown ups, of course there's nothing wrong with grown ups playing Mario Kart, lol.

I never played any Ninja Gaidens, and I 'm done with Halo after ODST. I prefer shooters where I can aim down sights and a lack of shields, like LolCoD and Battlefield.

I used to like fighting games, but I'm starting to suck at them. That, and people around here are ridiculous at them and I don't even want to try to remember a bunch of movesets. I also suck at blocking. A lot.

Split
Dec 2, 2010, 10:05 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2?It owns.

Halo Reach.Definitely not the best shooter of all time. But definitely good, and one of the most fully-featured shooters of all time.

Kent
Dec 2, 2010, 10:43 PM
Has anyone heard of Custom Robo Arena?
One of my friends from college showed me this once. It looked a lot like Nintendo's take on Virtual-On, except you can customize your mecha before you go into combat (thus the name, I suppose). It looked like fun, but I never got around to trying it, myself.

LeonAlabard
Dec 2, 2010, 10:56 PM
Order of Ecclesia is really awesome, and really hard too, something I missed in the series.

I also like Elite Beat Agents, but it can get old once you beat all of the difficulties.

I totally love Elite Beat Agents! the concept of "save the day with music and fancy dance moves" is awesome.

Also, anyone ever played Phoenix Wright? The story and characters are just amazing. Definitely one of my favorite games ever.

Roger Triton
Dec 3, 2010, 12:04 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2: Anyone played it? What do you think?
and Halo: Reach -- quite possibly the best shooter ever created. Ever played it?

I've been a long time fan of Ninja Gaiden & this one continues to build on the fast-paced/challenging gameplay of its predecessors. I really liked the boob physics too xD.

I hope you don't mind my post formatting and slightly pompous attitude.
Last N.G. i played was on SNES (the compilation), played all 3. And yes they are always good. Team Ninja (Tecmo) has never made a less than average N.G. ever. I'd say all of them are incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlwR6Fw2I08

Randomness
Dec 3, 2010, 01:03 AM
Order of Ecclesia is really awesome, and really hard too, something I missed in the series.

There was one jerk of a boss that fought with shadows. I died to him more than any other, including Dracula. (Then agian, flight+homing arrows is mean) I really liked the glyph system, especially the boss you beat with it.

There so should have been a bonus scene for using Arma Chiroptera during the final boss, though.

Neo Flint
Dec 3, 2010, 11:57 PM
One of my friends from college showed me this once. It looked a lot like Nintendo's take on Virtual-On, except you can customize your mecha before you go into combat (thus the name, I suppose). It looked like fun, but I never got around to trying it, myself.

It is, but from my experience, Wi-fi seems like a ghost town and that was about a year ago since I got connected. Which is sad because the gameplay is actually pretty competitive IMO. My biggest complaint however is the game's stereotypical story line. If you do happen to play it, be prepared for long, perhaps even unbearable dialog segments. :-?

If you manage to get pass that though, the gameplay is enjoyable. :-)