PDA

View Full Version : PAL 60 mhz mode

TheSlayer
Mar 11, 2003, 03:30 AM
Does anyone know how to activate the 60mhz mode. I have used the instructions in the manual ie turn the cube on and hold down 'B' but it doesn't work. I'm using the 3 pin lead (Yellow,White and Red), do I have to use an RF adapter to play 60mhz ?

I'm not sure if it's the 50mhz mode or not (Hope it is), but I'm finding the game very jerky and a hell of a lot slower than the DC version. The DC version just seemed much more playable. The Graphics also seemed more defined. I hope that when I can get the game to play at 60mhz, it will be smoother and at a speed more akin to the DC version. Does anybody know if that's the case ?

Jack
Mar 11, 2003, 04:09 AM
Hold down B when you turn the machine on, and wait until you see the screen that asks "Do you want to play in 60Hz mode?"

rena-ko
Mar 11, 2003, 05:54 AM
yeah, its a little bit tricky to find that and i think it was in some booklets only so far.

you'll have to do that each time you have chosen 50 hz (so if you always play in 60 hz with every game that supports it, it will always promt that screen)

Jack
Mar 11, 2003, 05:57 AM
If you can't get that to work, borrow a copy of Star Wars Rogue Leader from someone, and choose 60Hz in the Video Options menu of that. Then press B so it saves the settings, and try booting PSO.

azcn2503
Mar 11, 2003, 07:30 AM
Don't you get a 50Hz/60Hz/Test selection when PSO starts up any more?

azcn2503
Mar 11, 2003, 07:31 AM
On 2003-03-11 00:30, TheSlayer wrote:
Does anyone know how to activate the 60mhz mode. I have used the instructions in the manual ie turn the cube on and hold down 'B' but it doesn't work. I'm using the 3 pin lead (Yellow,White and Red), do I have to use an RF adapter to play 60mhz ?

I'm not sure if it's the 50mhz mode or not (Hope it is), but I'm finding the game very jerky and a hell of a lot slower than the DC version. The DC version just seemed much more playable. The Graphics also seemed more defined. I hope that when I can get the game to play at 60mhz, it will be smoother and at a speed more akin to the DC version. Does anybody know if that's the case ?

The GameCube one does run faster, considering processor speed is nearly 2.5x faster than the Dreamcast, and the RAM is a lot more.

rena-ko
Mar 11, 2003, 07:55 AM
um... the 50hz-mode with the dreamcast was also very slow compared to the 60hz mode (and kinda hurted the eyes as well)...

and no, you wont need a special cable, it works with the yellow, red and white one too. but your tv has to support it (and usually all newer pal-tvs do by now).

TheSlayer
Mar 11, 2003, 08:25 AM
[/quote]

The GameCube one does run faster, considering processor speed is nearly 2.5x faster than the Dreamcast, and the RAM is a lot more.

[/quote]

It might well have better specs, but it's definetly slower and more jerky in 50hz than the Dreamcast one was in 60 hz. It appears from the replys that running the GC version in 60 hz will do the trick so I'm pleased. I really couldn't be bothered playing it slower than I'm used to.

TheSlayer
Mar 11, 2003, 08:32 AM
On 2003-03-11 04:55, rena-ko wrote:
um... the 50hz-mode with the dreamcast was also very slow compared to the 60hz mode (and kinda hurted the eyes as well)...

and no, you wont need a special cable, it works with the yellow, red and white one too. but your tv has to support it (and usually all newer pal-tvs do by now).

Thanks very much, I'll try again tonight.

garian
Mar 11, 2003, 10:17 AM
If it wont come up then ure tv dont support 60hz mode and you have to play in some weird seccluded ship with all the other people playing at 50hz as it wouldnt be compatible with the JP and US peeps whose tvs are all 60hz~~!! otherwise it would cause lag etc
50 hz sucks hardcore man, makes the graphics look shite 60hz pwns~

Jack
Mar 11, 2003, 10:28 AM
If you want to be pedantic, PAL @ 50Hz gives a clearer picture, because it has a 625 vertical line resolution, as opposed to PAL60's 525 vertical line resolution.