PDA

View Full Version : Do you want beasts in PSO2?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 06:26 PM
Yooooouuuu. :0

I'm saying in general it's the same race concept, weather they have the same original or appearance and name or not. /shrug

by race concept you mean a strength race. The only technical part of what I said was if they're not a man made race, they're not beasts. I also said the idea of them being natives on a planet was both complicated and utter bullshit. I was saying that if they put beasts in there, a legitimate reason for them to be there would simply be cause someone finally started making them. in what way is that too technical?

And what I'm saying otherwise is since we dont know what they're doing with the combat and racial abilities yet, its entirely possible they'll go back to a more generic photon blast model. if they do, "beasts" won't have nanoblast.if we end up with 4 races that only have stats as a defining characteristic, races in general will be bland and it will be more aparent the more races they add in.

that said if they make each race somewhat unique, a 4th race would be fine, but since you guys are coming up with every excuse you can to put them in there, I think you're over thinking things. the more complicated the explanations, the more it sounds like bullshit and will feel tacked on.

yoshiblue
May 2, 2011, 07:06 PM
So your pulling the "I have boobs! Obey me!" ordeal? I shall not fall for such tricks!

Anyways, Phantasy star is a sequel taged with another sequel as is PSU. I think the PSO "purist" just want their own version of the sequel chain.

Ryna
May 2, 2011, 07:42 PM
Let's keep the discussion focused on whether you want to see the Beast race in Phantasy Star Online 2.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 07:48 PM
...so much for staying on topic.

Can we conclude that Olaf wants Beasts back for the sake of massive bazookas?

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 07:49 PM
wayu that would of course also mean he could bend the world to his unconscious will...*shudders*

Anyway the hammer's been dropped. so that said, I would really like to see something new for a fourth race even if they're similar to beasts in terms of gameplay. More humans with different types of ears isn't my idea of creative.

maybe it's just my sense of aesthetics...maybe it's just my worry that we're going to see one race of androids and 15 sets of modified humans. in any case, something less human looking would be awesome.

...so much for staying on topic.

Can we conclude that Olaf wants Beasts back for the sake of massive bazookas?

-Wayu

And anyone can have bazongas like that. That wasn't a beast trait.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 07:52 PM
So, like, some kind of "alien" race to replace Beasts?

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
And anyone can have bazongas like that. That wasn't a beast trait.

^Yeah, it wasn't. It's just that Beast women looked better, is all.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having a more "alien" looking race, but only if the women don't look all mutated and whatnot. But, I have faith in SEGA (being a Japanese company) to not let that happen if that's the route they decide to take.

Orange_Coconut
May 2, 2011, 07:56 PM
You know, just once I'd like to see something that doesn't resemble human-like appearances. Why not go for something more.... gelatinous? Maybe give it a slug-like motion when it moves and some robotic appendages. Or maybe make it a small gelatinous life form and put it in some kind of hovering holding device with robotic claw-like extensions. That way it'd still allow for graphical capabilities with weapons while not really being human in form.

If they're going to make more races that resemble humans in terms of anatomy aside from slight facial features then... well then I honestly have no idea what I'd like. Maybe beasts will show up in an expansion or something, assuming this game lives long enough to see one.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:01 PM
So, like, some kind of "alien" race to replace Beasts?

-Wayu

Exactly. They'd still be bipedal and such...I'm not talking about a race of flying dogs. I just think something that appears less human in origin and looks unique - which adds itself to the concept of this being a space sci-fi/fantasy to begin with.

In keeping with the old PS series, I side with sinue and few others in that it should be motavians. I'm not opposed to something else though.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 08:05 PM
Exactly. They'd still be bipedal and such...I'm not talking about a race of flying dogs. I just think something that appears less human in origin and looks unique - which adds itself to the concept of this being a space sci-fi/fantasy to begin with.

In keeping with the old PS series, I side with sinue and few others in that it should be motavians. I'm not opposed to something else though.

I wouldn't mind Motavians, either. Just as long as the females aren't just like the males: covered in fuzz. That would be kind of gross, and curb-stomp the sex appeal (which a Japanese game company doesn't want to do, ever). They could make female Motavians look like Harpies, except maybe a little more fuzz, and no wings. Oh, keep the beak and solid-colored eyes, of course. That would work for me.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 08:05 PM
Bipedal flying dogs?

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:09 PM
flying bipedal dogs with laser fangs.

Olaf...just picture it: boobs covered in blue fuzz

Anyway why does every race have to be sexy? why can't they just look badass?

Corey Blue
May 2, 2011, 08:13 PM

I wanna see beast female's ripped,with six pack's and tail's....yeah.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 08:15 PM

Why can't they be sexy and badass? You are allowed to have your cake and eat it too, you know.

Also, female Beast Nanoblast :nono:. That's enough fuzz-covered breasts to last me a while.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 08:30 PM
You find a japanese way to seperate sexy from badass then. : O

Wow got ninja posted by 5 people nevermind.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:37 PM
I've seen plenty of games from japan where the games weren't made by aspiring hentai artists. I'm not saying you should have a race where the girls are hot and scantily clad in metal bikinis. I'm saying not every race has to have females that are sexually appealing to humans.

And you're still assuming beasts will be like they were in PSU. It's clear they're trying to go back to their roots to some degree. even if they weren't, this sure as heck isn't PSU, so we can't assume nanoblasts will be in there.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 08:40 PM
I've seen plenty of games from japan where the games weren't made by aspiring hentai artists. I'm not saying you should have a race where the girls are hot and scantily clad in metal bikinis. I'm saying not every race has to have females that are sexually appealing to humans.

No, I suppose not. But, I don't expect I would be playing that race if that were the case.

And you're still assuming beasts will be like they were in PSU. It's clear they're trying to go back to their roots to some degree. even if they weren't, this sure as heck isn't PSU, so we can't assume nanoblasts will be in there.

Well, no. I was saying that, in PSU, the female Nanoblasts were pretty gross, and I wouldn't want to see them again, unless they got a complete overhaul.

ShinMaruku
May 2, 2011, 08:40 PM
You know me too well, lol. :(

*ahem*

[spoiler-box]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/tetsaru_arigashi/psu20080617_041528_011.jpg[/spoiler-box]
BOOBIES!!
I am so proud of you guys. :E

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 08:43 PM
BOOBIES!!
I am so proud of you guys. :E

You should check Tetsaru's visitor messages on his profile page, then. I left quite a collection of, uh, "big surprises".

RemiusTA
May 2, 2011, 08:47 PM
this is quickly turning into the "why not to buy PSO2" thread

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 08:48 PM

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this statement.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 08:54 PM
seriously we're talking about beasts and alternative to beasts with a really teenager oriented side topic

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 08:55 PM

[spoiler-box]http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/Tits-Or-GTFO/1/tits_or_gtfo.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Seriously though, on-topic... I wouldn't mind Beasts coming back, but they better not turn em into furries. The Rappy Suits were bad enough, imo... ><

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 08:57 PM
seriously we're talking about beasts and alternative to beasts with a really teenager oriented side topic

"Teenager-oriented"? I'm just having fun, dude. Truthfully (without revealing personal life stuff), I'm quite the opposite in my day-to-day life. Take it easy, relax, and talk about immature stuff once in a while. It's fun.

Seriously though, on-topic... I wouldn't mind Beasts coming back, but they better not turn em into furries. The Rappy Suits were bad enough, imo... ><

Yes. There's already plenty of people that call me a "furry", and other things, just because I play a Beast. I mean, really..? Not even remotely the same thing.

I don't need more of that ridicule.

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2011, 09:15 PM
Yes. There's already plenty of people that call me a "furry", and other things, just because I play a Beast. I mean, really..? Not even remotely the same thing.

All sega really needs to do is add a tail and have a selection different animal types like a lion, cat, wolf, fox, ect. With a couple of minor things where subtlety is the key to make it look good.

Though they did do a good job for the male beasts for PSP2, they just need to do the same for female beasts because they still look like they swaped the ears and nose of the human female model.

ShinMaruku
May 2, 2011, 09:16 PM
As stated before they add variety and that is good.

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 09:20 PM
I'm not against variety, but... I'm sorry, furries creep me the fuck out. Hell, even Skye-Fox's sig creeps me out (no offense): his face, and the way he's caressing that gun... *shudders* I'd just hate looking at that kind of stuff all the time in-game... ><

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 09:23 PM
All sega really needs to do is add a tail and have a selection different animal types like a lion, cat, wolf, fox, ect. With a couple of minor things where subtlety is the key to make it look good.

No, because that would be furries. Beasts are not furries, nor should they ever be. Beasts are humans with animal-like facial features, and super strength. Furries are full-on fuzzy, tailed, anthropomorphic animal-beings. Not the same.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 09:23 PM

[spoiler-box]http://bestofb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/furry.jpg[/spoiler-box]

But in all seriousness I think the females of each race all looked good.

I want to ask everyone how would they feel if they made a beast-like sub race of Newmans though. Just to repost a couple pics that have already been shown in this thread to give people an idea of what I mean...

[spoiler-box]http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/PhantasyStar4/Update%205/96-Phantasy-Star-4277.jpg
http://keffypoo.free.fr/pso/art/hunewm.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 09:27 PM
Just no furries, that's all I ask.

-Wayu

Tetsaru
May 2, 2011, 09:28 PM
Stuff like cat-ears and tails on humanoid girls don't really bother me. Hell, I think stuff like FF's Miqotes/Mithra/Viera and Darkstalker's Felicia are hot... as long as it stays mostly human-looking. There's a difference between moe anthropomorphic/nekomimi/kemonomimi-type stuff, and straight-out furry.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 09:44 PM
[spoiler-box]http://bestofb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/furry.jpg[/spoiler-box]

But in all seriousness I think the females of each race all looked good.

I want to ask everyone how would they feel if they made a beast-like sub race of Newmans though. Just to repost a couple pics that have already been shown in this thread to give people an idea of what I mean...

[spoiler-box]http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/PhantasyStar4/Update%205/96-Phantasy-Star-4277.jpg
http://keffypoo.free.fr/pso/art/hunewm.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I just played through PSIV for the very reason of that pic of Rika. I have bad news for you: Chaz (human hunter) had better Str than her unless you played way too long or used cheat sto get them to lvl 99 in which their base STR is the same. Rika's main stat was speed which in PSO/PSU would be evp. By all rights, Rika fits into HUnewearl as we saw them. arguing for how her ears look is pointless cause now you're advocating for newmans with tinted, possibly fuzzy ears but the same stats.

furthermore using that one pic as a way of indicating anything about stats without a basis for comparison is pointless and biased. for all we know her stats are abysmally low when compared to other characters.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 09:55 PM
Am I in trouble lol?

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 09:59 PM
Am I in trouble lol?

Well, that wasn't really the smartest thing you could have posted before, but I don't think you'll get "in trouble" for one goofy post.

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 10:02 PM
I was just joking about asking if I was in trouble since I don't care.

But still....the puppy was cute lol

Skye-Fox713
May 2, 2011, 10:03 PM
No, because that would be furries. Beasts are not furries, nor should they ever be. Beasts are humans with animal-like facial features, and super strength. Furries are full-on fuzzy, tailed, anthropomorphic animal-beings. Not the same.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/Ghost713/Jey_rend__JOE_color_1_8_fin__by_Fox.jpg

http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/dszu8m

^ ^ I'm not saying to turn them into furies no. The image above is basically what I'm trying to say and is not in my definition of a furry. Just other minor subtle additions to them to make them feel a bit more animalistic while still remaining mostly human. I think PSP2 did do a better job depicting beasts, but they still kinda look like a human with a nose and ear swap.

PSU and AotI had a basic nose and ear swap along with a cleft lip that is iconic with animals.

with PSP2 male beasts look really good especially with some of the hair styles that make the look animalistic yet very much human at the same time. I would like to see a touch of that brought over to the female beasts.

I just think they would look better with tails.

This is what I define as a furry v v
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.gemakei.com/media/albums/userpics/10006/furryForKrystal.jpg
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0903/furry-test-furry-demotivational-poster-1236899765.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 10:08 PM
I'm not saying to turn them into furies no. The image above is basically what I'm trying to say and is not in my definition of a furry. Just other minor subtle additions to them to make them feel a bit more animalistic while still remaining mostly human. I think PSP2 did do a better job depicting beasts, but they still kinda look like a human with a nose and ear swap.

PSU and AotI had a basic nose and ear swap along with a cleft lip that is iconic with animals.

with PSP2 male beasts look really good especially with some of the hair styles that make the look animalistic yet very much human at the same time. I would like to see a touch of that brought over to the female beasts.

I just think they would look better with tails.

No offense or anything, but that first picture is still a furry. At least it is to me, and probably a lot of other people. No thanks. In my opinion, Beasts should stay relatively close the way they are, except maybe look a little bit "wilder". I actually wouldn't mind the tail, but it would have to look right.

Wayu
May 2, 2011, 10:09 PM
Your character's skin looks a lot like fur, though. Misunderstanding?

-Wayu

ShinMaruku
May 2, 2011, 10:12 PM
Given how Sega put in "beast women are the best" We may well get them.
Just some nanoblast changes and we gravy.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 10:21 PM
I just played through PSIV for the very reason of that pic of Rika. I have bad news for you: Chaz (human hunter) had better Str than her unless you played way too long or used cheat sto get them to lvl 99 in which their base STR is the same. Rika's main stat was speed which in PSO/PSU would be evp. By all rights, Rika fits into HUnewearl as we saw them. arguing for how her ears look is pointless cause now you're advocating for newmans with tinted, possibly fuzzy ears but the same stats.

furthermore using that one pic as a way of indicating anything about stats without a basis for comparison is pointless and biased. for all we know her stats are abysmally low when compared to other characters.

Wtf? I didn't say ANYTHING about stats. I simply suggested they could make a Beast-like sub race of Newmans, and asked how people would feel about it. And it could be easy to write in. Newmans are already an engineered race that mentally strong and physically weak; what if the opposite end of the spectrum was created to help colonize the new planets or whatever.

Besides, the stats for each race has changed through EACH game, so your argument is null. And if this game uses PSO's class system, then your class-type is way more of a determinate for your stats.

Orange_Coconut
May 2, 2011, 10:21 PM
For some reason, I didn't think this would be one of the hottest topics in the PSO2 section of the forum. I think I would agree that I would prefer to not have furries in PSO, but worse things could definitely happen.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 10:25 PM
For some reason, I didn't think this would be one of the hottest topics in the PSO2 section of the forum. I think I would agree that I would prefer to not have furries in PSO, but worse things could definitely happen.

^Someone is either trolling, or didn't bother to read the last two pages of posts. Most likely the former.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2011, 10:30 PM
Poor OLAF... having to defend beasts against outlandish opinions. :0

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 10:33 PM
Wtf? I didn't say ANYTHING about stats. I simply suggested they could make a Beast-like sub race of Newmans, and asked how people would feel about it. And it could be easy to write in. Newmans are already an engineered race that mentally strong and physically weak; what if the opposite end of the spectrum was created to help colonize the new planets or whatever.

Besides, the stats for each race has changed through EACH game, so your argument is null. And if this game uses PSO's class system, then your class-type is way more of a determinate for your stats.

My mistake then. Someone else used that same picture to argue for stats and I wanted to tackle them both in one post. That said, I don't see the point of posting the picture of Rika in the first place.

Poor OLAF... having to defend beasts against outlandish opinions. :0

if beasts are actually threatened by opinions, then they shouldn't be there to start. Also "outlandish" would describe any opinion that doesn't align with yours. so if he's unfortunate to be exposed to conflicting views, so too are we. I don't think that's the case though

FEI LEE
May 2, 2011, 10:36 PM

Careful. You may be criminal scum for going off topic.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 10:38 PM
My mistake then. Someone else used that same picture to argue for stats and I wanted to tackle them both in one post. That said, I don't see the point of posting the picture of Rika in the first place.

if beasts are actually threatened by opinions, then they shouldn't be there to start. Also "outlandish" would describe any opinion that doesn't align with yours. so if he's unfortunate to be exposed to conflicting views, so too are we. I don't think that's the case though

Because the old Numans looked more beastly. :p That's it.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 10:39 PM
I don't really see that, but you're entitled to your opinion.

•Col•
May 2, 2011, 10:42 PM
I don't really see that, but you're entitled to your opinion.

You really don't think that even the PSO HUnewm looked Beast-like? o.O

Itoshi
May 2, 2011, 10:44 PM
I feel like there isn't much more to discuss here...

Obviously we're going to have varying opinions. And so it seems, the first 3 races (Human, Newman, CAST) have little to no opposition compared to Beasts, Dumans or the inclusion of a new race.

I have to say this thread has made me excited to see if Beasts will be making a return or not. I want to see the decision the design team of PSO2 and SEGA. Mainly because this a tough topic to make a decision on, cause look at the amount of debate and argument it has created in this thread alone!

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 10:50 PM
You really don't think that even the PSO HUnewm looked Beast-like? o.O

Talking about Rika

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 10:53 PM

I don't really care if someone else doesn't like Beasts, because I know how cool they are, and I think they should be in PSO2. People can think what they want, doesn't bother me. It's just, after having an in-depth conversation about how Beasts are not furries, and then have someone come in basically say "LOL NO FURRIES PLOX" irks me a bit. That's all.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 10:58 PM
I don't really care if someone else doesn't like Beasts, because I know how cool they are, and I think they should be in PSO2. People can think what they want, doesn't bother me. It's just, after having an in-depth conversation about how Beasts are not furries, and then have someone come in basically say "LOL NO FURRIES PLOX" irks me a bit. That's all.

I was actually positive you had no issues talking with everyone. I was just stating michaeru was being overdramatic.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 11:02 PM
I was actually positive you had no issues talking with everyone. I was just stating michaeru was being overdramatic.

Oh, I see. Sorry, then!

...well, at least my last post was good for reference purposes.

Orange_Coconut
May 2, 2011, 11:08 PM
^Someone is either trolling, or didn't bother to read the last two pages of posts. Most likely the former.

Actually I did read the last two pages and I saw some posts regarding beasts and how they should have tails added to them and have a possible animal selection for aesthetic traits. Some argued, I believe yourself included, that at least the different animal associations would then allow them to be categorized under what one defines as a "furry".

Now I don't know why you singled me out there, but I can assure you that my post was not intended to troll, nor has that ever been my method of posting on forums. As for my opinion on the matter, I honestly didn't think that this topic would be as popular as it is, because I honestly didn't know how much people liked the beast race from PSU.

I have always been partial to the Newmans, but when the Beasts came around I thought their whole tattoo system and different beast forms were cool additions to the PS universe.

When I say that I'd rather not have furries in PSO, I meant that because they seem to be everywhere. One can say the same thing about races like the Newmans, however; Newmans are just like space elves with frilly clothing and different hairstyles. What I personally would like to see is something a bit different, but I know that's difficult to do in terms of what might actually attract potential players to purchase the game. Now I wouldn't really be frustrated or become too annoyed with beasts in PSO2, it's just that it would be nice if they moved on to different kinds of races.

As for the beasts themselves, I ultimately wouldn't mind if they were added to PSO2 but I think it should take some explanation. Plus I don't even know where the new PSO game takes place, so I don't know if there's already lore and history surrounding whatever system/planet/etc where the game takes place. As I believe I mentioned on another post, however, I don't really think PSO2 will have that strong of a storyline anyway. If it does, that's great, but I don't really expect good storyline to come out of a majority of games that come out. So if beasts are added just because they feel beasts should be added, again, I wouldn't mind -- I just would like some attempt of explanation.

Now, personally, from a business standpoint I think beasts could very well be included into the main game to attract people from PSU and PSP/PSP2. However I also feel that, if PSO2 does well enough and does get an expansion, I feel like it might be stronger a decision to hold out on the beasts until that day comes so they can release them then (as well as possibly another race from an older PS game).

If I have insulted you or anyone else, then I apologize. My tone may not have been conveyed properly or possibly my choice of words was rather poor. In any case, I do think that speculations are interesting to read and maybe choices regarding character style on the game designers part could lead to different variations of what beasts actually are or will be in PSO2 if they are to be a part of it.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 11:13 PM
Actually I did read the last two pages and I saw some posts regarding beasts and how they should have tails added to them and have a possible animal selection for aesthetic traits. Some argued, I believe yourself included, that at least the different animal associations would then allow them to be categorized under what one defines as a "furry".

Now I don't know why you singled me out there, but I can assure you that my post was not intended to troll, nor has that ever been my method of posting on forums. As for my opinion on the matter, I honestly didn't think that this topic would be as popular as it is, because I honestly didn't know how much people liked the beast race from PSU.

I have always been partial to the Newmans, but when the Beasts came around I thought their whole tattoo system and different beast forms were cool additions to the PS universe.

When I say that I'd rather not have furries in PSO, I meant that because they seem to be everywhere. One can say the same thing about races like the Newmans, however; Newmans are just like space elves with frilly clothing and different hairstyles. What I personally would like to see is something a bit different, but I know that's difficult to do in terms of what might actually attract potential players to purchase the game. Now I wouldn't really be frustrated or become too annoyed with beasts in PSO2, it's just that it would be nice if they moved on to different kinds of races.

As for the beasts themselves, I ultimately wouldn't mind if they were added to PSO2 but I think it should take some explanation. Plus I don't even know where the new PSO game takes place, so I don't know if there's already lore and history surrounding whatever system/planet/etc where the game takes place. As I believe I mentioned on another post, however, I don't really think PSO2 will have that strong of a storyline anyway. If it does, that's great, but I don't really expect good storyline to come out of a majority of games that come out. So if beasts are added just because they feel beasts should be added, again, I wouldn't mind -- I just would like some attempt of explanation.

Now, personally, from a business standpoint I think beasts could very well be included into the main game to attract people from PSU and PSP/PSP2. However I also feel that, if PSO2 does well enough and does get an expansion, I feel like it might be stronger a decision to hold out on the beasts until that day comes so they can release them then (as well as possibly another race from an older PS game).

If I have insulted you or anyone else, then I apologize. My tone may not have been conveyed properly or possibly my choice of words was rather poor. In any case, I do think that speculations are interesting to read and maybe choices regarding character style on the game designers part could lead to different variations of what beasts actually are or will be in PSO2 if they are to be a part of it.

Oh, I see. Sorry I misunderstood. Let's see here...

Beasts needing explanation in the story? Easy, as it's already been suggested in this thread: they can be natives of one of the planets. The setting for PSO2 has already been revealed to take place in a completely brand-new environment, free of Ragol, Gurhal, or anything else in any prior PS game. With multiple planets, Beasts could easily be finagled into the world and plot in a sensible way.

Even if Beasts don't make the cut for PSO2 at release time, there is actually a very good possibility that SEGA is planning to release them in an expansion, like you said. That's a very good point that I don't think anyone thought of before. Nice thinking.

EDIT: What I was trying to point out earlier was that, even though Beasts have "animal associations", they still lack a lot of physical traits of common "furries", such as the elongated, wolf-like face, or their bodies being completely covered in fur (except in Nanoblast, but that's not entirely related). They are simply, as I said, humans with a dog-like nose, fuzzy ears, and extreme physical strength (and of course the Nanoblast ability). To me, that does not make a furry.

I honestly didn't know how much people liked the beast race from PSU.

Even though there are naysayers, Beasts are very well-liked by a lot of people. I'm sure SEGA knows this.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 11:18 PM
They absolutely cannot be natives without a serious explanation. They are an engineered race. to make them natives would be to say that humans were manufacturing a preexisting race...what by accident? The only ways that have been suggested that are even remotely legitimate are that they be retconed, or that the timeline allows for beasts to be added to human innovations. since the last game. Natives of a planet? That would make them an alien race and no longer beasts.

ShinMaruku
May 2, 2011, 11:22 PM
All races aside from humans from PSO and PSU were engineered so it can be done.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 11:22 PM
They absolutely cannot be natives without a serious explanation. They are an engineered race. to make them natives would be to say that humans were manufacturing a preexisting race...what by accident? The only ways that have been suggested that are even remotely legitimate are that they be retconed, or that the timeline allows for beasts to be added to human innovations. since the last game. Natives of a planet? That would make them an alien race and no longer beasts.

Well, since PSO2 isn't (to our knowledge) having any sort of canonical relationship to PSU/P2/i, SEGA can make up whatever they please, and name the race whatever they please.

The race can still be called "Beasts", but obviously won't be the same "Beasts" from PSU. It's not a hard concept to grasp. You're kind of like saying that a "spider" from North America can't be a "spider", because "spiders" already exist in Asia.

Niloklives
May 2, 2011, 11:31 PM

That's exactly my point though. I'm not saying they can't be in the game because they're engineered. I'm saying they can't be natives of some random planet because they'd be there artificially.

Well, since PSO2 isn't (to our knowledge) having any sort of canonical relationship to PSU/P2/i, SEGA can make up whatever they please, and name the race whatever they please.

The race can still be called "Beasts", but obviously won't be the same "Beasts" from PSU. It's not a hard concept to grasp. You're kind of like saying that a "spider" from North America can't be a "spider", because "spiders" already exist in Asia.

No, I'm saying if someone made an eight legged creature that looked like a spider and called it a black widow, it would be a misnomer.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2011, 11:37 PM
No, I'm saying if someone made an eight legged creature that looked like a spider and called it a black widow, it would be a misnomer.

Well, like I said, SEGA can reuse the name "Beasts" if they feel the need to or not, since PSO2 is in no way affiliated with PSU. It's not so weird to believe that, somewhere in the infinite universe, there's two separate races called "Beasts" (one of them being artificially engineered, and the other being a native of some far-off world), that are only slightly different from each other. It's not like it would be a plot hole mindfuck or anything like that if they decided to name a "new" race of Beasts, "Beasts".

Even if they add them, yet decide to change the name, that would be just dandy with me. As long as they look relatively the same.

Orange_Coconut
May 2, 2011, 11:39 PM
@Olaf

I know what you mean. It was easy enough to take my post and think that I wasn't sure of what I was talking about, but I'm glad I could clear that up for you and everyone else who reads this thread.

I understand that, as they are, Beasts are technically not furries. That's why I mentioned a suggestion that another poster made about different features, which then might transform them into something more along the lines of a furry and less of what they are currently. As I said though, even if SEGA adds another race that gives PSO a furry category in character selection, I wouldn't mind all that much; it would mainly be a bit of a minor disappointment than anything else. If they changed Beasts from what they are to furries, I would assume it would turn into a rather large debate over which style is/was better for their race.

I can see why Beasts would be a popular race, as they have enough different about them that they hold their own. As I said in my earlier post, Newmans are pretty much space elves, but I found them to be cooler than the other races when I first played PSO. There's nothing wrong with liking a particular race, and I'm sorry that you've seemingly had to defend yourself through a good portion of this thread, but as you said earlier -- ultimately, it doesn't matter what other people think.

I know that's paraphrased, but that's the gist of what I got. It's easy to misunderstand things over the internet since context and tone is only as relevant each person views it. I know I could have probably quoted someone or said something so that I didn't spark this bout of misconceptions. I do hope that PSO2 is more inclusive than exclusive in terms of older material, though.

As I said earlier, as long as it makes sense somewhat thematically or lore-wise, I won't have an issue with it. And even then, as long as their additions make the game more enjoyable for a larger number of people I think it's a step in the right direction.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 12:29 AM

I was being overdramatic? D8

I always exaggerate when I'm joking. D:

You responded to the statement kind of weird, this isn't really a courtroom. @_@

Skye-Fox713
May 3, 2011, 12:54 AM
Beasts should stay relatively close the way they are, except maybe look a little bit "wilder". I actually wouldn't mind the tail, but it would have to look right.

Basically there are little subtle things Sega can do to the appearance of beasts and their actual in game models to make them look really good. PSP2 I'd have to say was a step in the right direction. I am by no means saying to turn them in to furries, Not at all. They just seam to be just below the line of the right "wild" look while not stepping into the territory of furries.

Now for how beasts could be in PSO2 lore wise...

Well we know lore wise that in PSU beasts were created for physical labor in harsh conditions.

So for PSO2, like what has been suggested so far is natives of a planet discovered by the Oracle fleet, much like numans created by humans for a purpose, or they could already be apart of the Oracle fleet before the start of the "story" of PSO2.

For the 'From another planet' is fairly self explanatory. The Oracle fleet discovered a planet where the natives were friendly etc... and now some of the natives have chosen to company the Oracle fleet and thusly we have beasts.

Now for created by humans. Currently we only have an Oracle fleet and suggestions that there could be several planets to explore from the PSO2 logo. I can't seam to think of a purpose that beasts would be created for life aboard starships where casts could fill that role.

Now if we look at the option where beasts are already part of the Oracle fleet before it lauched, we can then go back to a reason of that they were created for cheap physical labor beforehand.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 01:01 AM

Humans were bio-engineered in PSU. :p

Seriously, they were. Play PSP2 or even just the demo. It is explained in the end of the first chapter.

So obviously Beasts don't have to be bio-engineered in PSO2 to make sense.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 01:04 AM
Humans were bio-engineered in PSU. :p

Seriously, they were. Play PSP2 or even just the demo. It is explained in the end of the first chapter.

So obviously Beasts don't have to be bio-engineered in PSO2 to make sense.

I wouldn't say Humans were bio-engineered, per se. It's a more spiritual thing, not scientific. Mika explains that Humans were born of her flesh and blood, through what I'm guessing was some sort of ritual preformed by Kumhan. Not exactly "bio-engineering".

EDIT: But, you're still right. Beasts don't have to be bio-engineered/artificially created to "fit in". Not every race in every game has to be made that way.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't say Humans were bio-engineered, per se. It's a more spiritual thing, not scientific. Mika explains that Humans were born of her flesh and blood, through what I'm guessing was some sort of ritual preformed by Kumhan. At least, that's how I made it out to be in the fan-fiction I wrote, and I based it on what I heard her say in PSP's story. Not exactly "bio-engineering".

No, they were definitely bio-engineered or something like that. The Ancients couldn't live on the 3 planets on Gurhal because of the harsh conditions, remember? They decided that instead of trying to rough it out themselves, they'd just make a new race to inhabit and populate the planets, evolve and naturally build up a resistance to whatever, so that they could just come thousands of years later to just steal the human's bodies. They used Mika as a basis to create the race, which is why they called her the mother of humanity or whatever.

If I remember right though, the Ancients actually didn't even have physical bodies, they were just spiritual beings or a culmination of sentient energy or some crap like that.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 01:17 AM
No, they were definitely bio-engineered or something like that. The Ancients couldn't live on the 3 planets on Gurhal because of the harsh conditions, remember? They decided that instead of trying to rough it out themselves, they'd just make a new race to inhabit and populate the planets, evolve and naturally build up a resistance to whatever, so that they could just come thousands of years later to just steal the human's bodies. They used Mika as a basis to create the race, which is why they called her the mother of humanity or whatever.

If I remember right though, the Ancients actually didn't even have physical bodies, they were just spiritual beings or a culmination of sentient energy or some crap like that.

No, a lot of that is incorrect. I'll need to use a spoiler box here for people that haven't played/beaten PSP2:

[SPOILER-BOX]-The Ancients could no longer live in Gurhal because the war with the SEED had eaten up most of their natural resources.
-Since Mika was labeled a "traitor" against his plan (4th bullet), Kumhan used her flesh as a conduit to make the Humans.
-The Ancients did have bodies. It's just that they used the last of their body's energy to power the Confinement System, to lock the SEED away. That caused their bodies to fade away, but their souls (consciences) "lived" on.
-Kumhan's evil plan was to wait until the Humans prospered and repopulated, then he and the rest of The Ancients would come out of hiding in their new dimension, Magahara, to claim the Human's bodies.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 01:22 AM
So for PSO2, like what has been suggested so far is natives of a planet discovered by the Oracle fleet,

Olaf is the only person who's actually addressed me on this and I have to say I think this idea sounds like it was conceived by a kid. Like I said, beast, like other races are engineered. Why on earth would an artificial species have a random home planet? They'd have to be there as part of something larger, not a consequence of evolution.

At least Olaf said if the race was similar and not called beasts he'd be just as happy. so it's no longer a case for beasts, but a race LIKE beasts.

Beasts being creatures native to any planet would be the same as a planet in which androids were natives. Someone would have to put them there, or they have to migrate there for some reason, which would lead to more than just beasts living there, so it would be as simple as "oh yeah, you're strangers to this planet? we just got here after our planet exploded. wanna hang out?" there would be some kind of higher cause or quid pro quo.

The origin with them in that scenario is beyond convoluted and would result in the same kind of story that has pissed people off about dumans and with some ridiculous token character like emilia. It's just a sorry excuse for a story point and would end up making beasts as a race some integral part of the story, not because they were actually important as a part of what was happening, but just to justify their existence and for what? If they're going to be in there, so be it. But make it subtle rather than just shoving them on everyone in a way that attempts to make them unique when they're really not.

No, a lot of that is incorrect. I'll need to use a spoiler box here for people that haven't played/beaten PSP2:

[SPOILER-BOX]-The Ancients could no longer live in Gurhal because the war with the SEED had eaten up most of their natural resources.
-Since Mika was labeled a "traitor" against his plan (4th bullet), Kumhan used her flesh as a conduit to make the Humans.
-The Ancients did have bodies. It's just that they used the last of their body's energy to power the Confinement System, to lock the SEED away. That caused their bodies to fade away, but their souls (consciences) "lived" on.
-Kumhan's evil plan was to wait until the Humans prospered and repopulated, then he and the rest of The Ancients would come out of hiding in their new dimension, Magahara, to claim the Human's bodies.[/SPOILER-BOX]

going off that, little of what he said is actually wrong.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 01:28 AM
Olaf is the only person who's actually addressed me on this and I have to say I think this idea sounds like it was conceived by a kid. Like I said, beast, like other races are engineered. Why on earth would an artificial species have a random home planet? They'd have to be there as part of something larger, not a consequence of evolution.

At least Olaf said if the race was similar and not called beasts he'd be just as happy. so it's no longer a case for beasts, but a race LIKE beasts.

Beasts being creatures native to any planet would be the same as a planet in which androids were natives. Someone would have to put them there, or they have to migrate there for some reason, which would lead to more than just beasts living there, so it would be as simple as "oh yeah, you're strangers to this planet? we just got here after our planet exploded. wanna hang out?" there would be some kind of higher cause or quid pro quo.

The origin with them in that scenario is beyond convoluted and would result in the same kind of story that has pissed people off about dumans and with some ridiculous token character like emilia. It's just a sorry excuse for a story point and would end up making beasts as a race some integral part of the story, not because they were actually important as a part of what was happening, but just to justify their existence and for what? If they're going to be in there, so be it. But make it subtle rather than just shoving them on everyone in a way that attempts to make them unique when they're really not.

You're thinking waaaaaaaaaay too much about this, man. It's a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game. Literally anything is possible. Why couldn't it be a consequence of evolution? Why couldn't they be natives on a distant planet? Did you scrutinize the Na'vi (from Avatar) in the same fashion? Or any alien race from any sort of media? It doesn't matter how or why a race of beings is on a planet. They just are. The point is that they don't have to be bio-engineered. That's what I'm trying to say. You need to relax, and stop trying to make flawless logical sense from something that doesn't necessarily call for it.

That's just what I think.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 01:33 AM
You're thinking waaaaaaaaaay too much about this, man. It's a Sci-Fi/Fantasy game. Literally anything is possible. Why couldn't it be a consequence of evolution? Why couldn't they be natives on a distant planet? Did you scrutinize the Na'vi (from Avatar) in the same fashion? It doesn't matter how or why a race of beings is on a planet. They just are. You need to relax.

Yeah actually I thought avatar was a retarded movie, just like unobtanium was a retarded resource. Everything about the Na'vi seemed artificial as if the entire planet was made for them. I'm not even going to talk about how they seemed to plug something that clearly was used as a part of their mating ritual inside every animal they could find after dominating it, trees too. Or how they magically had a ritual for moving souls between bodies as though they ran into empty husks to move dying people to all the time. That movie was ass and I'm sorry you even brought it up.

That said, no. the very idea of a creature evolving that looked exactly like and had all the qualities of an engineered race is the kind of thing children who write fan fiction come up with. It's unimaginative and boring.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 01:38 AM
That said, no. the very idea of a creature evolving that looked exactly like and had all the qualities of an engineered race is the kind of thing children who write fan fiction come up with. It's unimaginative and boring.

Well, I find it to be perfectly acceptable, and I'm an extremely imaginative person. Not everything has to happen an exact way all the time. Not everything has to make 100% perfect sense all the time. Not every race besides Humans has to be bio-engineered all the time. It's a fantasy game, so whatever SEGA decides the explanation is for anything, that's what it is, regardless of whether or not it makes sense. That's all I'm trying to convey here.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 01:44 AM

I guessthey did still have bodies before they created the humans, I can't really remember right. So I just went and rewatched a few of the cutscenes...

Mika said they created a new race. They had already purified the planets of the SEED when they created the humans... So if it really was just a ritualistic thing, I don't really see the point. Why would they start a race which is biologically the same as theirselves when they could just live on the planets themselves like they had before? Why wait thousands of years just to take the bodies for yourselves? Especially since they were so much advanced already...

Oh well, whatever, lol. It wasn't explained very well to begin with, unless PSP2i expands upon it more...

But yeah, NIloklives, it's really not a big deal. I dunno why you're arguing this. They do this with pretty much everything else in the Phantasy Star games... How are Rappies in Gurhal? Do you believe they just popped through a dimensional rift from Ragol to Gurhal?

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 01:46 AM
Thats what they did with some of the weapons lol

Doesn't matter as long as they have a darn good story!

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 01:49 AM
Well, I find it to be perfectly acceptable, and I'm an extremely imaginative person. Not everything has to happen an exact way all the time. Not everything has to make 100% perfect sense all the time. Not every race besides Humans has to be bio-engineered all the time. It's a fantasy game, so whatever SEGA decides the explanation is for anything, that's what it is, regardless of whether or not it makes sense. That's all I'm trying to convey here.

and what I'm trying to convey is no self respecting writer would do that.

Children have extremely wild imaginations and come up with all sorts of things, but you dont see the stories they write get published because when writing a story there are rules. things have to happen for a reason. You'd be willing to accept sub-par writing because it would cater to your will. That doesn't make it good writing and your biased reasons for accepting writing on par with a 12 year-old doesn't magically validate it.

If sega does it, we have to live with it, that doesn't mean we have to accept it and I really hope whoever they have writing this story is college educated, cause I'm sick of these stories that seem like they were slapped together in a week. and held together by a mix of drug abuse and sleep deprivation.

What I don't get is I said there are better way to add beasts in and everyone seems stuck on this one idea. It's a worse idea than unobtanium.

But yeah, NIloklives, it's really not a big deal. I dunno why you're arguing this. They do this with pretty much everything else in the Phantasy Star games... How are Rappies in Gurhal? Do you believe they just popped through a dimensional rift from Ragol to Gurhal?

we accept these the same way we accept sonic paraphernalia and seeing the same weapons over and over. There's a certain level of suspension of disbelief we permit to allow things to continue. for example the fact that newmans and casts exist at all across difference civilizations. Again, the argument I'm making here is not "why beasts cannot exist" its "why this explanation for their existence is shameful".

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 01:52 AM
Thats what they did with some of the weapons lol

Yeah, but there has never been any indication that Rappies can travel through time/space. D: Oh and they're also in PS0... Drawing a blank on the planet's name right now, though.

Also, you have to remember that Rappies in PSO were mutated like all the other animals on the planet. So that means that the rappies in PSU most likely had to have been mutated from the De Rol Le virus beforehand. How does THAT make sense? In fact, how is De Rol Le in PSU? Did he travel through a space rift too?

Or how about this.... How is there a dragon on every freaking planet? I guarantee that the humans aren't transporting this stuff around with them, lol. They are never exactly the same, but they have MANY similarities. Different planets, different points in time, different origins, same basic traits.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 01:52 AM
What I don't get is I said there are better way to add beasts in and everyone seems stuck on this one idea. It's a worse idea than unobtanium.

The only alternative you've offered thus far (that I can recall) to our "native denizen" point, was the "bio-engineering/artificially created" spiel, which is just as unimaginative, not to mention extremely overdone in the Phantasy Star series.

That doesn't make it good writing and your biased reasons for accepting writing on par with a 12 year-old doesn't magically validate it.

Also, I take this as a personal insult, since I've been actively writing Science-Fiction stories since I could hold a pencil. I like to think that I know my way around plot devices. If you also partake in authoring stories, perhaps you could share some of your work with us, so we have a better idea of what you consider good plots.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 01:57 AM

Because what your suggesting could create a large series of plotholes down the road. If you just say that Beasts have been around on the planets already, it's nice, clean, and simple to integrate in the story.

Plus, PSU seems to take place in an alternate dimension from PSO. So yeah, in PSU Beasts may have been artificially created, but in PSO's dimension, Beasts had already existed on the planet.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 01:59 AM
The only alternative you've offered thus far (that I can recall) to our "native denizen" point, was the "bio-engineering/artificially created" spiel, which is just as unimaginative, not to mention extremely overdone in the Phantasy Star series.

It has nothing to do with imagination at that point as it at least fits the schema. Everyone is engineered so why should beasts be any different? And why now? For the record I voted no and am against beasts being in the game despite having used them myself. if they ARE there though, at least make the reason make sense instead of making them feel like they were forced on us and onto the story to justify them.

Because what your suggesting could create a large series of plotholes down the road. If you just say that Beasts have been around on the planets already, it's nice, clean, and simple to integrate in the story.

Plus, PSU seems to take place in an alternate dimension from PSO. So yeah, in PSU Beasts may have been artificially created, but in PSO's dimension, Beasts had already existed on the planet.

there is nothing nice and clean about that. in fact it's the ugliest and messiest way to do it

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 02:03 AM
So how did humans get on planet earth anyway. :0

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 02:03 AM
Well isn't it a thousand or so years? If so then...

-They colonize a planet that is cursed with a harsh environment. To live they had to adapt thus creates the becoming of the beast. Bio-engineering or Evolving take your pick.

-A crash ship from years ago lands on one of the planets. Everything has gone haywire with predators and sickness. With whats left they adapt to their surroundings to A)evolve or degenerate to a more feral state. Learn to live a primitive life. Years later was found by people from another planet and relearned how to live a "civil" life.

-My half baked rift idea from earlier

-They were there to begin with and when they other races arrived, shared what they knew with them.

Will edit when i get more ideas

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 02:04 AM
evidently is was sometime after a space ship full of test tubes crash landed on the planet and the contents began to germinate.

-They colonize a planet that is cursed with a harsh environment. To live they had to adapt thus creates the becoming of the beast. Bio-engineering

This is by far more acceptable than what else has been proposed for why they'd be there.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 02:06 AM
Lol, I hope my ideas on the previous page doesn't get overshadowed.

Thanks NIloklives

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 02:06 AM
It has nothing to do with imagination at that point as it at least fits the schema. Everyone is engineered so why should beasts be any different? And why now? For the record I voted no and am against beasts being in the game despite having used them myself. if they ARE there though, at least make the reason make sense instead of making them feel like they were forced on us and onto the story to justify them.

So, when I ask for a different reason besides bio-engineering, all of the sudden it has "nothing to do with imagination" and isn't important anymore? But the native denizen reason magically does need imagination? I don't understand the logic.

Also, I feel that you threw in the "I voted 'no'" bit just to try and get to me, as it wasn't really needed to convey the point. Even if that's not the case, I really don't care anymore. I've grown tired of talking in circles with you. People with such a love for redundant, pseudo-nonsensical debate wear me out.

Others can continue speaking, but I'll just watch for now.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 02:12 AM
So, when I ask for a different reason besides bio-engineering, all of the sudden it has "nothing to do with imagination" and isn't important anymore? But the native denizen reason magically does need imagination? I don't understand the logic.

Also, I feel that you threw in the "I voted 'no'" bit just to try and get to me, as it wasn't really needed to convey the point. Even if that's not the case, I really don't care anymore. I've grown tired of talking in circles with you. People with such a love for redundant debate wear me out.

Others can continue speaking, but I'll just watch for now.

The onus is on you to provide a reason since you're the one who wants them there. In fact what I'd said earlier was you either get creative or not at all and stick to the motif, but your proposition that you seem stuck on is doing neither.

And I made my second statement to make my position clear. I don't say things just to get a rise out of people. What I'm saying is I don't want them there, but if they have to be there, don't subject me to a stupid story that makes me want them there even less.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, but there has never been any indication that Rappies can travel through time/space. D: Oh and they're also in PS0... Drawing a blank on the planet's name right now, though.

Also, you have to remember that Rappies in PSO were mutated like all the other animals on the planet. So that means that the rappies in PSU most likely had to have been mutated from the De Rol Le virus beforehand. How does THAT make sense? In fact, how is De Rol Le in PSU? Did he travel through a space rift too?

Or how about this.... How is there a dragon on every freaking planet? I guarantee that the humans aren't transporting this stuff around with them, lol. They are never exactly the same, but they have MANY similarities. Different planets, different points in time, different origins, same basic traits.

Kid answer?:
A wizard did it!

A plot to keep the guardians alive? They need jobs so i guess making monsters and potential destruction is the key. The war is over what do they do now?

Crazy doods that want the infection to spread thus being the boneheads they are, infect themselves and others around them.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 02:20 AM
Well isn't it a thousand or so years? If so then..

Unless I totally missed it somewhere... We have NO idea when PSO2 takes place.

I kinda figured it was pretty soon after PSO Episode 3, though... As in, a few years after. In which case, the "Beasts are biologically engineered" origin doesn't really make much sense. And the "Beasts come through a rift" idea is just..... Just... No......

Anyway, I STILL don't see how having Beasts be the natives to the planets, but having Newmans/Casts being created by Humans in every dimension does.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 02:25 AM
I hope i'm not making matters worse.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 02:32 AM

-They colonize a planet that is cursed with a harsh environment. To live they had to adapt thus creates the becoming of the beast. Bio-engineering or Evolving take your pick.

-A crash ship from years ago lands on one of the planets. Everything has gone haywire with predators and sickness. With whats left they adapt to their surroundings to A)evolve or degenerate to a more feral state. Learn to live a primitive life. Years later was found by people from another planet and relearned how to live a "civil" life.

-My half baked rift idea from earlier

-They were there to begin with and when they other races arrived, shared what they knew with them.

Will edit when i get more ideas

lol honestly I think sega threw in about 60% of the AoI content to shut up the PSO players. De Ragan aside, people went nuts as they saw old PSO enemies and weapons pop up again. They wanted more of the same. I'm not saying every little thing has to be new. It would be nice to an extent, but expecting total originality passes from idealistic into naive.

Here's two points I don't think I'm getting across:

As much as I dislike beasts, it's more because I think 4 races feels like clutter and with this race like dumans being tacked on and having little to do with the PS series, I can't really get behind them. It's not that I particularly dislike them. At the same time I feel like beasts took a few things away from casts while casts got things they never should have gotten. In the end I feel like PSU's diversity was hurt quite a bit and I feel that beasts were a contributing factor.

If we do have to deal with a 4th race, I would like for it to feel more like classic phantasy star and step away from bio-engineering. Give us real aliens. Obviously for the sake of a balanced list, they would end up playing the strength role unless they gave that to casts; which is unlikely. In the end, the race would likely be similar to beasts and they could even have some likenesses, though I admit I'm stuck on the motavians thing.

So what I'm saying here is while I don't want beasts, if they're forced on us: don't try to justify it. That just makes it feel even more like they shouldn't be there. If we ARE given a 4th race: I'd rather it be something marginally more creative than engineered humans and that rules beasts out.

Unless I totally missed it somewhere... We have NO idea when PSO2 takes place.

I kinda figured it was pretty soon after PSO Episode 3, though... As in, a few years after. In which case, the "Beasts are biologically engineered" origin doesn't really make much sense. And the "Beasts come through a rift" idea is just..... Just... No......

Anyway, I STILL don't see how having Beasts be the natives to the planets, but having Newmans/Casts being created by Humans in every dimension does.

i too was under the impression it had been 1000 years. if it really is shortly after PSO ep III, I'd say just retcon them and be done with it.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 02:36 AM
If we do have to deal with a 4th race, I would like for it to feel more like classic phantasy star and step away from bio-engineering. Give us real aliens.

http://thetimelessbeauty.com/Smileys/default/head-desk.gif

Isn't that exactly what you were calling "unimaginative and boring" not 5 posts ago, or did I completely misinterpret something?

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 02:44 AM
lol honestly I think sega threw in about 60% of the AoI content to shut up the PSO players. De Ragan aside, people went nuts as they saw old PSO enemies and weapons pop up again. They wanted more of the same. I'm not saying every little thing has to be new. It would be nice to an extent, but expecting total originality passes from idealistic into naive.

Here's two points I don't think I'm getting across:

As much as I dislike beasts, it's more because I think 4 races feels like clutter and with this race like dumans being tacked on and having little to do with the PS series, I can't really get behind them. It's not that I particularly dislike them. At the same time I feel like beasts took a few things away from casts while casts got things they never should have gotten. In the end I feel like PSU's diversity was hurt quite a bit and I feel that beasts were a contributing factor.

If we do have to deal with a 4th race, I would like for it to feel more like classic phantasy star and step away from bio-engineering. Give us real aliens. Obviously for the sake of a balanced list, they would end up playing the strength role unless they gave that to casts; which is unlikely. In the end, the race would likely be similar to beasts and they could even have some likenesses, though I admit I'm stuck on the motavians thing.

So what I'm saying here is while I don't want beasts, if they're forced on us: don't try to justify it. That just makes it feel even more like they shouldn't be there. If we ARE given a 4th race: I'd rather it be something marginally more creative than engineered humans and that rules beasts out.

I feel like a lot of what you said in this post is contradictory......

You act like it's okay that Sega "forced" a bunch of PSO stuff on us in PSU... And you've been saying that Beasts should be bio-engineered again.. Then you say you want a completely new alien race......... Then you say you want this "new" race to be Motovian-like, which would be going against your entire argument of 'Beasts being the natives of the planet doesn't make sense'.... Then finally, after arguing for so long that if Beasts were to return they should be bio-engineered, you say the 4th new race shouldn't be bio-engineered.

It seems like this entire time you've been arguing that Beasts HAVE to be bio-engineered, just so you could later say that another bio-engineered race shouldn't be included, so that Beasts shouldn't be included at all. :/

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 02:46 AM
http://thetimelessbeauty.com/Smileys/default/head-desk.gif

Isn't that exactly what you were calling "unimaginative and boring" not 5 posts ago, or did I completely misinterpret something?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there a third way a type of creature comes into existence other than being created or evolving?

I really don't think you're reading my full posts cause if you were you'd know I said not everything has to be original and I don't expect elaborate and amazing explanations for everything. What I don't like about the story you're throwing out is it's attempting to be creative when in fact it's full of holes and artificial in a way that is trying for deus ex machina without being obvious. This makes it feel like you yourself don't think they belong there. I would be much happier with them being retconned into the story than what you're proposing. At least then I won't feel like someone is trying to jerk me around as to why they're there.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 02:46 AM
As said before. The only reason I wish to see them is to see how well SEGA could dish out a story for them. Thats if they're included. See if they can wow us like they did years back. I wish I could come up with something that tears away from the alter hume status.

I agree that they tips the scales of balance quite a bit and SEGA could have a better job rebalanced the four races. If they were to fit in as a class, I would say a FF Monk class would be nice. With them being good with blunt objects along with their hands and feet. Other wise have even less if not equal ATA to their stats if using another wep. Of course that may make alot of people mad lol!

Another reason I try to come up with their a reason to be might be due to the fact that I can't stand to see someone fight basicly alone. If thats not the case, maybe i'm misjudged somewere.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 02:52 AM
I feel like a lot of what you said in this post in contradictory......

You act like it's okay that Sega "forced" a bunch of PSO stuff on us in PSU... And you've been saying that Beasts should be bio-engineered again.. Then you say you want a completely new alien race......... Then you say you want this "new" race to be Motovian-like, which would be going against your entire argument of 'Beasts being the natives of the planet doesn't make sense'.... Then finally, after arguing for so long that if Beasts were to return they should be bio-engineered, you say the 4th new race shouldn't be bio-engineered.

I don't see the contradiction here. I don't want a 4th race, but if I have to deal with it, i don't want to be bullshitted.

It seems like this entire time you've been arguing that Beasts HAVE to be bio-engineered, just so you could later say that another bio-engineered race shouldn't be included, so that Beasts shouldn't be included at all. :/

I was never being roundabout with this argument. I don't want beasts there. I don't want a 4th race there, but if there is going to be a 4th race I would prefer it be something not bio-engineered. The only reason I like motavians is it would be a throwback to PS and it's much more acceptable for an alien race to have migrated or to have joined an organization than it is for a bio-engineered race to magically show up. But just so we're clear, I do not want a 4th race.

I agree that they tips the scales of balance quite a bit and SEGA could have a better job rebalanced the four races. If they were to fit in as a class, I would say a FF Monk class would be nice. With them being good with blunt objects along with their hands and feet. Other wise have even less if not equal ATA to their stats if using another wep. Of course that may make alot of people mad lol!

This actually fits in to what I was thinking about this "magical 4th race" I go on about that could be beasts but not beasts. bludgeoning weapons and claws that weren't bigger than the characters. maybe make them more about combat speed and agility than power so they were a more technical hunter class...I dunno.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 02:59 AM
So I guess you're entire argument for why Beasts shouldn't return is just because you don't want them, then?

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 03:08 AM
So I guess you're entire argument for why Beasts shouldn't return is just because you don't want them, then?

As much as your entire argument for why beasts should return is that you want them. if you want to break everything down to a single statement that's all you're saying as much as that's all I'm saying. what's stupid about your statement is I'm as least making a concession. I said I don't want them there, but if they're there don't bullshit me over it. and your response to that is "so you don't want them?"

What part of "if they have to be there, don't make up a stupid story for them." breaks down to "under no circumstances should this race be in this game. LALALALALA"? they don't have a wild story for why casts are there, they don't make up one for newmans. we accept that they exist and we don't question it - ever. I'm saying that making up some ridiculous tacked on story would only prove they shouldn't be there to begin with.

seems like you guys agree with me on that point or you'd just say "yeah retcon them! I don't care as long as I get my beaseal and her 38G juggies!"

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 03:11 AM
As much as your entire argument for why beasts should return is that you want them.

No. My argument is that as long as Sega balances them, and have a semi-plausible story for why they're there, Beasts' inclusion will be beneficial overall, to the company and players alike.

I'm arguing for what could be best for everyone. You're arguing for what would be best for yourself, and maybe a few other like-minded individuals.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 03:17 AM
rofl. No, your argument is that you want them and you've come up with reasons for them to be there to support your argument. My argument that I don't want them has the same formula, but you don't want to read so I'm not going to rehash things with you, especially since you didn't read far enough in to see the part where I said they can be there if they must, it isn't a deal breaker, but don't make me feel like not even the devs thought they belonged there. I don't know if it's illiteracy or if you just decided to pick a fight.

Skye-Fox713
May 3, 2011, 03:18 AM

-They colonize a planet that is cursed with a harsh environment. To live they had to adapt thus creates the becoming of the beasts. Bio-engineering or Evolving take your pick.

As far as timeline we have no idea, but the colonization or crashed ship ideas would fit into the category for natives of another planet discovered by the Oracle fleet.

I suppose a combo of ideas could be for the planet the Oracle fleet launched from. The planet they found had a harsh environment and they had to colonize it for resources. So they bio-engineered the beasts to help in colonizing the planet. Then with the launch of the Oracle fleet beasts were already part of the population of the star-ships and that would give a back story to beasts.

That would seam a bit more reasonable, yes/no?

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 03:22 AM
As far as timeline we have no idea, but the colonization or crashed ship ideas would fit into the category for natives of another planet discovered by the Oracle fleet.

I suppose a combo of ideas could be for the planet the Oracle fleet launched from. The planet they found had a harsh environment and they had to colonize it for resources. So they bio-engineered the beasts to help in colonizing the planet. Then with the launch of the Oracle fleet beasts were already part of the population of the star-ships and that would give a back story to beasts.

That would seam a bit more reasonable, yes/no?

This is indeed reasonable. I appreciate you actually following along with what I was saying rather than damning me for not aligning my views with yours.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2011, 03:22 AM
Not bad. At least there would be some end to this conflict.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 03:25 AM
I know I've been saying this a lot, but there's a lot of possibility with PSP2i supposed to be connected to PSO2 somehow...

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 03:27 AM
Yeah it just seems like most of the pro beast people don't understand the underlying message. The point that I don't want them there is where they get stuck. I've accepted the possibility they'll be there and I won't be heart broken or try to get a petition to have them removed. all I'm saying is if they're going to be there, don't overdo it when explaining why they're there, or it will seem really artificial. but rather than offer ideas for why they would be there outside of "evolution", they're just trying to quell any argument that threatens their view.

Seriously, what skye did was all I was really asking for in terms of a valid reason for them to be there. Not to say I've been swayed, but a short little explanation like that is simple, doesn't conflict with anything(yet) and doesn't make them seem like they'd been forced into the story just to shut people up. Kudos

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 03:41 AM
rofl. No, your argument is that you want them and you've come up with reasons for them to be there to support your argument. My argument that I don't want them has the same formula, but you don't want to read so I'm not going to rehash things with you, especially since you didn't read far enough in to see the part where I said they can be there if they must, it isn't a deal breaker, but don't make me feel like not even the devs thought they belonged there. I don't know if it's illiteracy or if you just decided to pick a fight.

Huh? When I said that adding beasts would be best for Sega and the players(as long as those issues I mentioned were ironed out). Beasts would add more options to players, which is a good thing, because options keep players happy. Their inclusion would also make a lot of PSU/P fans happy. And when players are happy, that's a good thing for the game. And when it's good for the game, it's good for the overall image and customer's view of the company.

Anyway, I think this has been a big misunderstanding and not just on my part.

And I've said many times I've been fine with people not liking Beasts in this thread. I only started arguing with you because you were originally saying that if Beasts should return, they should appear through a rift... or something.... I cant even remember anymore.

And I don't appreciate all these jabs you're taking at me. I just went back to make make sure, and none of my posts directed at you were negative. I think you may have taken them personally, so uh, sorry i guess.

its almost 5am im goin to bed

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 04:09 AM
NO XD i never once mentioned a rift. Go back and look, I think the rift idea is more stupid than the natives idea.

And I also said loooong ago that I think beasts would be ok if they balanced the game but I don't see it happening, so I'm not going to support them. That's why I said I feel like you guys ar epicking fights and not reading anything I say - I've been misquoted now and totally misunderstood. It's infuriating and the more I try to explain my sentiments, the less you guys seem to understand, or the more enraged you get...I dunno. The point is you guys think I'm anti beast - I'm anti 4th race because I feel it hurts the game's balance and I don't see sega fixing it. If we do get a 4th race, I'm not gonna fight it. i just want it to make sense and not sound totally contrived and artificial. A magic rift in space from which beasts emerged sounds more stupid than the story behind dumans. That was most certainly not an idea I'd come up with nor one I would support.

Skye's example was just what I was talking about and I think you understand where I'm coming from now. If they could put more races in there and have some semblance of balance without making everyone feel generic, great. And I think some really should be real planetary natives and not something out of a lab. They won't do it well though so I don't want to see a bad attempt screw things up.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 04:15 AM
I don't want beasts in the game because they came from a rift on a planet they used to live on before humans created then discovered them

I think this is about what everyone here has gotten from you. It's frustrating me and I'm not even involved

Also 100th post. Wheres my cookie?

Skye-Fox713
May 3, 2011, 04:15 AM
This is indeed reasonable. I appreciate you actually following along with what I was saying rather than damning me for not aligning my views with yours.

Indeed, its just as of now we have no idea if beasts will be in and IF they are in; how will their creation myth/lore work so that it makes sense and is reasonable that they are in the game. I don't want some bs'ed back story for them where when you read it the only reaction you have is "what that makes no sense?!". Where as Casts (robots/androids) and Newmans (initial premise of an bio-genetically enhanced human) have fairly simple yet effective back story for their existence in the PS universe.

The other thing is the balance and what nich/role that they will fill when it come to the other races and stat balances. The only thing that changed is that Numans when from an Agility melee type character to fit the role of "space elves" and have high magic abilities.

In pso (correct me if wrong)

Humans - the balanced race, jack of all trades master of none

Newmans - High Tech abilities, and TP pool. Great for Force, but also potent hunter for good Evasion stat (HUnewearl). Semi-glass cannon ish.

Casts - Power and accuracy with good HP and DEF stats.

Now some people feel strongly that Beasts throw a kink in to that system and where would they fit into that equation. Well looking at the PSUpidia info for the races in PS:P2 here - http://psp2.psupedia.info/Races - it seams that they have done a good job of balancing the races stat wise where beasts fit a attack power and evasion roll.

Humans - Their strength lies in their balanced overall abilities, and they can handle any battle type with ease.

HP- B
ATK- B
ACC- B
TEC- A
DEF- S
EVA- B
MND- S
PP- A

Newmans - Has high TEC and MND, and is skilled with technics.

HP- C
ATK- C
ACC- A
TEC- S
DEF- C
EVA- S
MND- A
PP- S

Casts - Their high accuracy and precision is astounding. Particularly skilled with guns.

HP- S
ATK- A
ACC- S
TEC- C
DEF- A
EVA- C
MND- B
PP- C

Beasts - They are physically strong and prefer melee combat.

HP- A
ATK- S
ACC- C
TEC- B
DEF- B
EVA- S
MND- C
PP- B

This results in a Preferred roll for the races with Newmans as Forces, Casts as Rangers, and Beasts as Hunters with Humans being able to be any class that they want. Though that doesn't pidgin hole the races in to classes. Casts can be great hunters because of their HP, great attack power, and best accuracy and Newmans may not hit hard but they will still hit reliably and often and avoid damage with their great EVA stat.

From the PS:P2 race stats I can see Beasts already filling a power and evasion hunter that could be described something like a rouge. Combining the attack power and durability of a cast and the evasion of a numan but lacking in accuracy.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 04:17 AM
So I came back because I can't fall asleep if something's bothering me.... So I decided to get back on and say something. Firstly I want to admit that I did quickly scan over this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2629496&postcount=595) because I was tired, but I guess that isn't a good excuse and it seems to be around the time that you started getting angry with me.

Going back and reading it over again carefully, I want to address it... When I said that single line it was because the way you talked earlier, you seemed to argue that the only good background story for beasts to return was to have them be bio-engineered... Then in a later post you said that if a 4th race was to be included, you felt like it shouldn't be a bio-engineered race. Anyway.... yeah..... losing my train of thought now.

And I haven't been against you because of your opinion on the return of beasts.... I had actually assumed you voted for beasts to return until you explicitly said you didnt, and I was arguing with you way before that, lol. So again, none of my posts were supposed to be an attack on you or w/e.

hope i can sleep now

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 04:32 AM
Skye, your charts are wrong.

Humans

HP- B
ATK- B
ACC- B
TEC- A
DEF- B
EVA- B
MND- S
PP- A

Newmans

HP- C
ATK- C
ACC- A
TEC- S
DEF- C
EVA- S
MND- A
PP- S

CASTs

HP- S
ATK- A
ACC- S
TEC- C
DEF- S
EVA- C
MND- B
PP- C

Beasts

HP- A
ATK- S
ACC- C
TEC- B
DEF- A
EVA- A
MND- C
PP- B

Now that's correct. Bolded areas are corrected (at least spell Newman right!).

-Wayu

Skye-Fox713
May 3, 2011, 04:44 AM
Skye, your charts are wrong.

-Wayu

I pulled that info off of PSUpidia so technically their charts are wrong, I was just pointing out that beasts wouldn't throw off the race stat balance as seen in PS:P2 sega has appeared to have balanced all 4 races.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 05:04 AM
So I came back because I can't fall asleep if something's bothering me.... So I decided to get back on and say something. Firstly I want to admit that I did quickly scan over this post (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2629496&postcount=595) because I was tired, but I guess that isn't a good excuse and it seems to be around the time that you started getting angry with me.

Going back and reading it over again carefully, I want to address it... When I said that single line it was because the way you talked earlier, you seemed to argue that the only good background story for beasts to return was to have them be bio-engineered... Then in a later post you said that if a 4th race was to be included, you felt like it shouldn't be a bio-engineered race. Anyway.... yeah..... losing my train of thought now.

And I haven't been against you because of your opinion on the return of beasts.... I had actually assumed you voted for beasts to return until you explicitly said you didnt, and I was arguing with you way before that, lol. So again, none of my posts were supposed to be an attack on you or w/e.

hope i can sleep now

I became annoyed when you tried to reduce everything I'd been saying to "I voted no" when what I was saying was nowhere close to what you seemed to think it was.

My argument about beasts being bio-engineered is pretty clear: that was their story in PSU and I detest the idea of straying from points like that for the sake of validating something. if they're engineered, fine. I don't like it, but fine. next game, sequel or no, NOW you try to change it just so you can get them in again? if you need to make up a complicated excuse, that means they shouldn't be there, if their origin in PSU was that they were natural inhabitants of moatoob and they happened to live on another planet separate from arks or whatever we are this time, I'd have been fine with it. My argument there was over consistency, not for "lolorigin story".

What bothers me even more is the notion that PSU seems to actually have a lot of references to PSIV, but no real tie-ins. like if this was a straight up prequel to PSIV and beasts had somehow mutated to become even more beast like down the read and were in fact the natives of motavia were NOT natives, I'd probably feel differently. I'm not some PSO purist that hates beasts cause they aren't from PS or from PSO, I really think they were poorly implemented and thought out and enjoyed the three race setup after seeing this new balance.

anyway I was prioritizing consistency over anything else. if they're engineered, fine. lets not change it cause then it will just sound to me like they shouldn't have been there from the start. maybe some wires got crossed on this point: PART of me would like to see something more unique. AND I feel that if anything is going to be a native it should be something new, not rehashing something old. I also feel that an alien is POTENTIALLY more creative than an engineered race as you have more freedom to play with culture, appearance and combat styles in addition to actually making them a focal point in at least a part of the story. The alien thing is not really an argument against beasts, but a preferred alternative. i really don't want either.

In any case I didn't notice that you'd taken issue with me until the last few pages. I think we butted heads on one subject for all of 5 seconds and I thought we dropped it, evidently i was wrong. It really seems like your entire basis for taking issue with me was because of something someone else said, not so much an attack but you certain took issue with me over something you recalled incorrectly

I pulled that info off of PSUpidia so technically their charts are wrong, I was just pointing out that beasts wouldn't throw off the race stat balance as seen in PS:P2 sega has appeared to have balanced all 4 races.

unfortunately this goes beyond just basic numbers. you also have to look at how the game favors certain stats. in addition, balance(to me) isn't just about equality, it's about diversity and for the most part it felt like beasts were just "the other cast". in fact most people basically said the only real difference between the two classes was SUV vs Nano vs aesthetics; That's an issue and I think adding races does as much harm to each race's uniqueness as it does to the balance of sheer numbers.

Pillan
May 3, 2011, 08:48 AM
Now that's correct. Bolded areas are corrected (at least spell Newman right!).

-Wayu

Which game are we talking about? Because in the game where Beast has high EVP, human has the highest DFP.

EDIT:

Just checked the JP Infinity Wiki. Beast still has the same EVP as Newman end-game (A 2 point difference is nothing as far as the math is concerned). In both cases, Beast has significantly more EVP than Newman at lower levels.

On PSP2, Cast gets more HP end game. On Infinity, Cast and Beast have about the same HP (Cast has 50 less out of 2000). Once again, Beast has significantly more at low levels.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 07:09 PM
Those charts are based off of comparisons, NOT maximum stats.

Humans never had the highest DFP. They do, however, have the highest MST (defense against techniques).

Newmans should have superior EVP all around, probably an error on the wiki's part; even if it's by a little bit.

-Wayu

Pillan
May 3, 2011, 07:26 PM
Here is a link (http://wog.main.jp/psp2i-wiki/emilia/?%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B9) for reference. You are welcome to claim that the numbers on the Wiki are all wrong, but I am sure you will come to agree with them if you make a couple new characters to compare the level 1 numbers.

Whether you disagree with what the stats should be in the next game is another story, but that is them as far as Infinity is concerned.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, you can't read Japanese can you?

Newmans ARE superior in EVP in that link, and Human DFP is second-worst.

-Wayu

Pillan
May 3, 2011, 08:10 PM
Oh, no, it is quite true. I have no real skill in Japanese. I just happen to be able to make use of Google Translate and I do happen to know the statistical order on the status page in the US and Japanese version.

That said, go ahead and point the numbers you see out to me.

And I apologize for going a bit off topic. I just hate to be wrong, especially about numbers.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 08:14 PM
The order in those charts is weeeeeeeird.

Even I had trouble understanding it at first. That and Google translate isn't very reliable.

Edit: Wait, what? It seems that the beginning stats are quite weird and don't match up. The endgame stats are fine, though...balancing? Something's off; that chart needs to be edited.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 08:18 PM
Oh, no, it is quite true. I have no real skill in Japanese. I just happen to be able to make use of Google Translate and I do happen to know the statistical order on the status page in the US and Japanese version.

That said, go ahead and point the numbers you see out to me.

And I apologize for going a bit off topic. I just hate to be wrong, especially about numbers.

At least you can admit it lol.

Personally I think anyone who enjoys being wrong is a little weird in the head.

Pillan
May 3, 2011, 08:18 PM
It is PP, PP Regen and STA above the chart. Those numbers are fixed and do not vary with class. Then it is Hunter top left, Force top right, Ranger bottom left, Braver (Vanguard) bottom right. Across the columns, it is human, Newman, Cast, Beast, Duman. And down the rows it is ATP, DFP, ATA, EVP, TP, MST.

If that is correct, everything I said before is correct.

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2011, 08:19 PM
What bothers me even more is the notion that PSU seems to actually have a lot of references to PSIV, but no real tie-ins. like if this was a straight up prequel to PSIV and beasts had somehow mutated to become even more beast like down the read and were in fact the natives of motavia were NOT natives, I'd probably feel differently.

PSU seemed to have a lot more references to PSII IMO. There were some pretty major plot developments pulled from PSIV's story, while the PSII references were more subtle (Such as Doghi Mikuna's killing of Mirei in a blind rage being a rework of Darum and Tiem's event, not to mention Mirei and Karen shared some loose similarities to Nei & Neifirst). PSIV in it's own right retreaded several plot elements from the earlier games in telling it's own story, in addition to several direct connections to various characters/enemies/events as a way to tie up loose ends and bring the essentially independent plot lines together under a single cohesive and overarching storyline for the series finale.

Also, bringing beasts back in the way you described would make no sense, would necessarily contradict the established plot of both the games and canon supplementary materials, and would piss off a bunch of crotchety old people. I know you weren't seriously suggesting they do that, and only offered it as a rough example of a type of scenario you'd accept. Still... If the Jean Carlo Montague can be the co-creator of the Newman species, despite BEING a Newman (Is that what they mean by a self made man?)... I wouldn't put such a thing beyond Sonic Team. They're not exactly known for their skill with weaving compelling narrative.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 08:20 PM
I edited my last post. That's very weird and probably incorrect, although the endgame stats are correct.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 08:21 PM
PSU seemed to have a lot more references to PSII IMO. There were some pretty major plot developments pulled from PSIV's story, while the PSII references were more subtle (Such as Doghi Mikuna's killing of Mirei in a blind rage being a rework of Darum and Tiem's event, not to mention Mirei and Karen shared some loose similarities to Nei & Neifirst) PSIV in it's own right retreaded several plot elements from the earlier games in telling it's own narrative, in addition to direct linear connections between various characters/enemies/events to tie everything together for the finale.

Also, bringing beasts back in the way you described would make no sense, would necessarily contradict the established plot of both the games and canon supplementary materials, and would piss off a bunch of crotchety old people. I know you weren't seriously suggesting they do that, and only offered it as a rough example of a type of scenario you'd accept.

Still... If the Jean Carlo Montague can be the co-creator of the Newman species, despite BEING a Newman (Is that what they mean by a self made man?)... I wouldn't put such a thing beyond Sonic Team. They're not exactly known for their skill with weaving compelling narrative.

Which suggestion exactly?

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2011, 08:50 PM
Which suggestion exactly?

That Beasts were the progenitor race from which Motavians are descended.

Like I said, I know you weren't suggesting it as an actual viable mechanism by which to write them into PSO/PS/PSU, whatever. I just wanted to point out that there would be severe problems trying to reconcile that with established lore, and that I don't necessarily trust Sonic Team to give too much of a shit if they really want to shoehorn them in somehow. Their PS references in PSU's plot were little more than plastic fanservice, often being unnecessary and carrying none of the impact or relevance to the original events needed to enrich and provide extra layers of texture to PSU's own independent narrative. It felt like they were inserted by suits at a board-room meeting for .5% projected sales increases from nostalgia. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I found the references to be largely insulting and disrespectful.

I don't think they care. In retrospect, PSO did it right given the circumstances, by keeping the plot minimal and largely optional. Though as it expanded and became more detailed with Ep III & Blue Burst, it did start to fall apart under it's own weight.

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 08:54 PM
Beasts are cool. I love them in PSPo2. I get why it's 50/50. I doubt you'll see them especially in a PSO game, which is fine by me. I'd rather see more forces like the old days.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 09:03 PM
References doesn't equal story connection, though...

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:04 PM
Ah. yeah I didn't really mean it seriously, just was pointing out that I felt beasts were really tacked on and it would have been nice if they didn't screw around with this stuff the way they did. Make some connections or at least don't make them yet another manufactured race. Like it really bothers me how similar some of these names are and it bothers me even more that with similar names comes other exact names that make you wonder just how it's all connected if at all. I just feel like beasts should have been written in better and not feel like this thing they tried to sneak in under the radar.

And to be perfectly honest it's been about 15 years since I played PSIII and I shamefully never got to play PSII I watched a few friends play it way back when and I saw no semblance of a beast anywhere, but I'm not aware of any conflicts that would come from my half-assed suggestion.

References doesn't equal story connection, though...

-Wayu

We're talking about characters with the same name piloting a space ship by the same name who lives on a plant with a very similar name. it's not exactly what most people would call your run of the mill reference. At the same time there's nothing concrete so I can't call it more than that, but it does make you wonder if it was a story point they decided to drop in fear people would go nuts and firebomb sega HQ.

Palle
May 3, 2011, 09:10 PM
That Beasts were the progenitor race from which Motavians are descended.

Like I said, I know you weren't suggesting it as an actual viable mechanism by which to write them into PSO/PS/PSU, whatever. I just wanted to point out that there would be severe problems trying to reconcile that with established lore, and that I don't necessarily trust Sonic Team to give too much of a shit if they really want to shoehorn them in somehow. Their PS references in PSU's plot were little more than plastic fanservice, often being unnecessary and carrying none of the impact or relevance to the original events needed to enrich and provide extra layers of texture to PSU's own independent narrative. It felt like they were inserted by suits at a board-room meeting for .5% projected sales increases from nostalgia.

Oh man, if this whole seven-planet thing turns into Phantasy Star Dissidia, I am 100% sitting this out.

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I found the references to be largely insulting and disrespectful.

Tactless, at least.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:15 PM
See at first I thought they were actually trying to connect the games and I didn't give it much thought after that. I figured we'd see where the story was going and stopped paying much attention to it because quite frankly PSU's story was horrible in my opinion.

But yeah seeing as it didn't go anywhere and they just basically started dropping names it really is a slap in the face.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 09:19 PM
Asides from a connection between PSO2 and PSP2i remotely stated by Dragon Sakai I don't see any references...

-Wayu

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 09:22 PM
I doubt many people play this series anymore for the story. From what I hear, PSU had a weak story. From what I know, PSPo2 has a horrible story. I hope they do something original & not try to tie everything together. Could get messy. Just give me MAGs, section IDs & "battle bikinis" & I'm happy! -jk

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 09:26 PM
You don't want a story? >.>

-Wayu

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 09:28 PM
Wasn't pioneer 2 in psp2? I guess that would link 2 of the games wouldn't it? I'm not to sure how that went in the story for the portable though.

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 09:28 PM
The story is not make or break for me. Pretty low on my list.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 09:30 PM
The post apocalyptic planet, The Earth looking planet, the super advanced future planet, the desert planet, the giant water ball planet, The giant space station, and the snow planet!

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:34 PM
Asides from a connection between PSO2 and PSP2i remotely stated by Dragon Sakai I don't see any references...

-Wayu

the references are between the old PS games and PSU. There are quite a few but the one I was talking about was the pirate tyler and his ship the landeel. In the Algol solar system (classic PS) there are 4 planets: Palma, Motavia, Dezolis and Rykros. Palma sounds very much like Parum, Motavia could easily be Moatoob and Rykros...well yeah. It kinda goes beyond reference into WTF.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 09:35 PM
So Beasts have to do with that reference how again? ^^;

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 09:40 PM
So Beasts have to do with that reference how again? ^^;

-Wayu

I may be incorrect, but I think they're trying to say that "references" to older Phantasy Star games in newer Phantasy Star games are stupid and unneeded, and having Beasts in PSO2 would be a "reference" to PSU, and therefor stupid and unneeded.

I'm not entirely sure, though. I may have taken the wording incorrectly.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:45 PM
Actually what I'm saying is Tyler is a beast and it seems they at least began to try to tie the games together but changed their minds. Because somewhere in here it almost looks like the same solar system. So I was halfheartedly saying "beasts = predecessors to motavians" to which sinue stated how much he hated the idea and I have no attachment.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 09:46 PM
We should have a race for every 7 planets...

Zoras...

Beast...

Snow Cat people...

Sewer Trolls that look like cute toddlers...

Newmans get that forest planet...

Humans and cast share that space station and super future planet. :O

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 09:47 PM
^

NTY.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:48 PM

Zoras...

Beast...

Snow Cat people...

that's 6, yo

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 09:48 PM

Zoras...

Beast...

Snow Cat people...

I don't even know what you're on about. :-o

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 09:49 PM
More like we don't know what he's on. ^^;

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 09:50 PM
It's not 6 :0

7 races, 6 planets, 2 races share a space station. :0

Unless you wanna add the Mole people on the fire planet. :0

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:50 PM
Seriously Olaf, can you stop treating everything I say like I'm trying to antagonize you or nail beasts to the cross? You were all for sharing different views til I said I didn't like the idea of changing things.

Mike, I think it may be time for a nap

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 09:52 PM
Seriously Olaf, can you stop treating everything I say like I'm trying to antagonize you or nail beasts to the cross? You were all for sharing different views til I said I didn't like the idea of changing things.

I was just trying to explain to Wayu what I thought you (or Sinue, whomever said it) meant about "references being tactless and rude". I wasn't trying to make it sound like you were "antagonizing" anyone. I was answering her question. That's it. Chill out.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 09:53 PM
You guys act like I'm crazy. :0

You'll be doomed when theres 5 new races.

Wayu
7 races seems...too many, and I'm not a PSO purist lol.

-Wayu

Blueblur
I doubt many people play this series anymore for the story. From what I hear, PSU had a weak story. From what I know, PSPo2 has a horrible story.
These are facts. :(

Man, I hope they bring someone in that can write a decent script this time around. I love games with good stories, even if they're simple.

BIG OLAF
May 3, 2011, 09:55 PM
7 races seems...too many, and I'm not a PSO purist lol.

-Wayu

I agree. I'm seriously not trying to plug Beasts when I say this, but: I think four races is a good number. Sorry, PSOers, but three is just not enough to pick from, in my opinion. Having the same three races with all the same class combos from PSO (unless they do a different class system, hopefully) would just be dull to me.

EDIT: Besides, 3 is an odd number. And odd numbers look gross. :wacko:

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 09:56 PM
Hey, SEGA can make this game however I want- I mean SEGA can make this game however they want. D<

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 09:56 PM
I didn't say it was rude, I said I was fine with it til they had no story points and were just there to get the attention of the older players. When you start throwing enough stuff out there that it becomes shameless advertising, it's insulting.

That's not really plugging beasts btw. If 4 were a magic number, it doesn't have to be beasts does it? Since beasts have nothing to do with PS we could get a race of bug people in PSO2 and it'd be the same thing.

r00tabaga
May 3, 2011, 09:57 PM
@Blur: A good story would make this game of the year!

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 09:57 PM
You guys act like I'm crazy. :0

You'll be doomed when theres 5 new races.

Adding 5 random races seems like asking for people to blitz Sega HQ :-P

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Oh man, if this whole seven-planet thing turns into Phantasy Star Dissidia, I am 100% sitting this out.

Oh, I dunno. It's probably far too late by this point to try to salvage any sort of coherent and unified Phantasy Star mythos which connected all the storylines in a meaningful and satisfying way... but early on in PSU's life I thought it would have been a neat if they made the next Phantasy Star game as one that brought all three series together. The three series in the franchise could represent their own unique trinities of parallel universes which hold between them the dimensional prison which binds the Profound Darkness. Algol, Ragol, and Gurhal each being seals that bind them, and that Lassic's weaking of the Algol seal set into motion a chain of events which caused all of the dimensional seals to come under assault.

The game I was thinking of would be the story of the imminent destruction of the trinity of solar systems, and the revelation that the Profound Darkness cannot be fully defeated until the Great Light is tracked down and either destroyed (or merged/reconciled) with the Profound Darkness. The game would allow each series in the franchise to keep it's own unique autonomy and history within it's own universe... and each system would start from there and have it's own unique series of quests and events leading up to a convergence/crossover event for the three universes early in the middle of the story/questline. From there, players from all three solar systems can join up and explore any of the other systems... as well as new areas accessible as the converged storyline progresses.

I also thought it would be cool if what system you started in depended on which version of the game you got, or represented their multiplatform coverage. So if you wanted to start in Gurhal, you'd have to buy the PS3 version. Ragol, the PC version. And if you want Algol, you'd need to get the X360 version. Each platform would essentially function as "PSO2, PSV, and PSU2" initially, and later come together into a single unified online community and storyline.

It's a pipe dream, sure, because even if such a project were even feasible - I doubt you'd find anyone to take the financial risk. Still, it'd be one hell of an ambitious project if they could pull it off though. It'd also kind of mean the official end of the Phantasy Star series as we've known it... since there's not much further you can go with it after taking it to the multiverse level. Could be a hell of an epic finale though.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Adding 5 random races seems like asking for people to blitz Sega HQ :-P

LOL, but yeah, exaggerating aside. Even if they add beasts it's not making this game unplayable.

If a Japanese game with a bad story is news to you, then I have a lot of news for you...

Oh and some troll sauce thrown into there, never said the 5 extra races had to be playable. 8D

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 10:06 PM
Blitzing SEGA sounds fine, just as long as I get a crack at Dragon Sakai for trolling me with 50 Ensas.

-Wayu

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:07 PM
Sakai is untouchable, that's why they call him De Ragan Sakai.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:07 PM
Mike you need to edit your post. I can't think of any game I've played in 10 years that had a good story.

Sakai is untouchable, that's why they call him De Ragan Sakai.

I just happen to have a De Ragan Sakai Slayer +10

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:12 PM
You mean replace "japanese" with almost anything in the world made after the year 2000?

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 10:14 PM
It's a pipe dream, sure, because even if such a project were even feasible - I doubt you'd find anyone to take the financial risk. Still, it'd be one hell of an ambitious project if they could pull it off though. It'd also kind of mean the official end of the Phantasy Star series as we've known it... since there's not much further you can go with it after taking it to the multiverse level. Could be a hell of an epic finale though.

Sure is a dream. But that would be a pretty epic ending.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:14 PM
...mm...go with 2001 to be safe.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 10:16 PM
Mike you need to edit your post. I can't think of any game I've played in 10 years that had a good story.

I just happen to have a De Ragan Sakai Slayer +10

They're unusually rare these days unfortunately. I still end up going back and playing older titles because of the quality of some games today.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:20 PM
It's sad, but true. "Retrogaming" used to be something I did whimsically, but now I find myself going back to older games more often than anything. I still play new games, but looking to a recent RPG for a worthwhile story is like combing the savannah for water.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:22 PM
Make your own games, IT'S EASIER THAN YOU THINK! : O

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 10:25 PM
Make your own games, IT'S EASIER THAN YOU THINK! : O
I intend to to make an MMO that will blow the Turbine ones out of the water. Someday if I can get the tech classes and a good storyline.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:27 PM
Make it an MMO with nes graphics...

You'll get so much hipster money you could buy your own forest.

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not one for retro gaming, probably because I'm of a younger generation than you all.

-Wayu

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 10:29 PM
We love you anyway

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 10:32 PM
The only reason why I would want beast in this game, is to go black beast and kill my teammates. Great for the people who just annoy you.

joshboyd1209
Oh, I dunno. It's probably far too late by this point to try to salvage any sort of coherent and unified Phantasy Star mythos which connected all the storylines in a meaningful and satisfying way... but early on in PSU's life I thought it would have been a neat if they made the next Phantasy Star game as one that brought all three series together. The three series in the franchise could represent their own unique trinities of parallel universes which hold between them the dimensional prison which binds the Profound Darkness. Algol, Ragol, and Gurhal each being seals that bind them, and that Lassic's weaking of the Algol seal set into motion a chain of events which caused all of the dimensional seals to come under assault.

The game I was thinking of would be the story of the imminent destruction of the trinity of solar systems, and the revelation that the Profound Darkness cannot be fully defeated until the Great Light is tracked down and either destroyed (or merged/reconciled) with the Profound Darkness. The game would allow each series in the franchise to keep it's own unique autonomy and history within it's own universe... and each system would start from there and have it's own unique series of quests and events leading up to a convergence/crossover event for the three universes early in the middle of the story/questline. From there, players from all three solar systems can join up and explore any of the other systems... as well as new areas accessible as the converged storyline progresses.

I also thought it would be cool if what system you started in depended on which version of the game you got, or represented their multiplatform coverage. So if you wanted to start in Gurhal, you'd have to buy the PS3 version. Ragol, the PC version. And if you want Algol, you'd need to get the X360 version. Each platform would essentially function as "PSO2, PSV, and PSU2" initially, and later come together into a single unified online community and storyline.

Yeah and while we're at it let's throw in DDO and The Lord of The Rings Online Oh an let's not forget World of Warcraft.(sarcasm ) while a game like that would do well it isn't the best idea ever it would probably flop in a week of release(especially if each version started you out on a different galaxy ).

NoiseHERO
I don't...she's always trying to take blows at me. D<

But one day, her knuckles will break! and I'll be there. With my beast girl maid. Laughing.

Bah got ninja posted. may as well add something relevant. Black beasts = friendly fire? SEGA's lucky digimon is still popular in Japan.

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 10:35 PM
I'd like to see Dhumans in PSO2.

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 10:36 PM
I'd like to see Dhumans in PSO2.

I like to avoid the pirate people in this game =( With their OP special

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 10:38 PM
I think one of the planets should have zombies...I mean technically all the past ones did.

Dark force(Giygas) infects everything, and everyone goes crazy(Like Earthbound) and instead of just killing crazy spacecows we can fight... crazy space ninja puppeteers in the arcade.

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 10:52 PM
I like to avoid the pirate people in this game =( With their OP special
Come on! You have to admit they are neat.

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 10:53 PM
Come on! You have to admit they are neat.

Just because they have this awesome sword/beam/coming out of hand/thing thing

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:00 PM
Just because they have this awesome sword/beam/coming out of hand/thing thing
No, because of the eye patch. Give them a fedora brown hair and the really blue human default outfit and they look really cool(with the right eye patch that is ).

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:02 PM
No, because of the eye patch. Give them a fedora brown hair and the really blue human default outfit and they look really cool(with the right eye patch that is ).

Add in a Tommy Photon gun and it's a deal.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:03 PM
Dumans are retarded, made worse by the fact that you CAN'T remove the eyepatch.

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:04 PM
And they are always white or dead pale. Sucks for the people that wanted to make them black or tan.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:09 PM
That's the dumbest part about casts too. like brown paint is nowhere in the known galaxy

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 11:11 PM
Dumans are retarded, made worse by the fact that you CAN'T remove the eyepatch.

Wait, are they like blind in one eye or something?

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:12 PM
I think the seed infected all their eyes so they can shoot lazars out of it. lol no. I really don't know

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 11:13 PM
I think the seed infected all their eyes so they can shoot lazars out of it. lol no. I really don't know

Tekken style lol

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:14 PM
Pretty much, just PSP2 style

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:15 PM

Honestly I have no clue. I don't speak japanese and after I tried to make a duman and found out you were stuck with the eyepatch I said forget it and never gave them a second thought. They're humans who've been infected by the SEED but haven't lost control. I'd assume that it's hiding some deformity as some of the eye patches you can pick from are standard pirate type and bandages iirc.

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:16 PM
Actually they have it as a racial trait(newmans=pointy ears beasts=beasts CASTS=CASTS )

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:16 PM
They say it glows or something when you use their special

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:17 PM
Actually they have it as a racial trait(newmans=pointy ears beasts=beasts CASTS=CASTS )

listen...you don't wear an eye patch as a racial trait. if a duman were to reproduce you think a baby would just pop out with a gold, bejeweled eye patch on?

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:18 PM
listen...you don't wear an eye patch as a racial trait. if a duman were to reproduce you think a baby would just pop out with a gold, bejeweled eye patch on?

That would be pretty cool. Could we sell it afterwards?

Palle
May 3, 2011, 11:18 PM
Don't encourage SEGA.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:19 PM
I'd say we sell the kid in space shanghai.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 11:19 PM

Yeah but those are Biologically part of them.

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:20 PM
I'd say we sell the kid in space shanghai.

Then Wayu would be crowded with bejeweled one eyed kids. OK back on topic No Dumans! Rather have beast

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 11:22 PM
It could be born with one eye...then given a pink/baby blue eyepatch over it's...erm...no-eye socket.

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the eyepatches are supposed to prevent the spreading of the Seed, or containing the dark power or some BS like that...

I remember in the original trailer, Nagisa took off her eyepatch to fight and it seemed like she had an "evil aura" type thing around her. I dunno.

I thought Dumans were an interesting idea at first... But I don't really see why they decided to add another race when it was already nice that there were 4 races and 4 classes.....

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:23 PM
Maybe their eyes look like a seed eye and they just want to hide it?..... Nah to obvious

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
I think the concept of dumans made sense...in a bad anime story perspective...

"Peoples bodies changed by evil forces but they still fight for good!"

But the way it was carried out...meh...

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 11:32 PM
Maybe their eyes look like a seed eye and they just want to hide it?..... Nah to obvious

Nope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm7E8fUqrjY&feature=player_embedded

Starts around 32 seconds in. Yeah, I'm definitely sticking with my theory of the eyepatching sealing the dark energy or whatever.

Oh well, Dumans would've been a little harder to write into future games anyway. If they did, it would probably end up being pretty sloppy.

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 11:35 PM
Nope.

YouTube - ??????????????2??????? ?????? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm7E8fUqrjY&feature=player_embedded)

Starts around 32 seconds in. Yeah, I'm definitely sticking with my theory of the eyepatching sealing the dark energy or whatever.

Oh well, Dumans would've been a little harder to write into future games anyway. If they did, it would probably end up being pretty sloppy.

Shounen Jump would have bought it anyway! :0

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:35 PM
They should just keep it off

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 11:36 PM
I'm starting to get this kinda vibe after observing the dumans in that trailer...http://www.cz-hry.cz/public/Image/sekce-clanky-51/vega.jpg

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:36 PM
It's something that they would just be forced to wear to distinguish them from a regular human. So therefore it would be a racial trait.

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:38 PM
I'm starting to get this kinda vibe after observing the dumans in that trailer...http://www.cz-hry.cz/public/Image/sekce-clanky-51/vega.jpg
Where did you even find that?

•Col•
May 3, 2011, 11:38 PM
It's something that they would just be forced to wear to distinguish them from a regular human. So therefore it would be a racial trait.

You're really still arguing that?

That's like saying pants are a racial trait of humans.

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 11:40 PM
Where did you even find that?

You dunno who that is? O_o

Wayu
May 3, 2011, 11:40 PM
Dewmans are humans that were affected by the energy bombs dispersed around the star system by Kamham (or whatever his English name is) when he activated Rykros.

-Wayu

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:42 PM
Dewmans are humans that were affected by the energy bombs dispersed around the star system by Kamham (or whatever his English name is) when he activated Rykros.

-Wayu
MMM Interesting bit of history there, but I think it is arguable that they made a law that all Dhumans must wear eye patches so that they could not be confused with a human.

@FEI LEE My best guess is concept art of a Dhuman.

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:43 PM
that is not a racial trait. if you can NOT have a characteristic and still fall into a group, that characteristic is not intrinsic in the group. Secondly, racial traits are entirely biological. what you're talking about is a secondary characteristic (I.E. Women have breasts) them NOT having breasts does not take away from the fact that they are genetically XX and are otherwise anatomically female.

The eye patch is something you use to identify them, but that would be to say that anyone who wears a puffcoat is a gang banger, anyone with a tattoo is a serial rapist or any man who wears an earring is gay.

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:46 PM
that is not a racial trait. if you can NOT have a characteristic and still fall into a group, that characteristic is not intrinsic in the group. Secondly, racial traits are entirely biological. what you're talking about is a secondary characteristic (I.E. Women have breasts) them NOT having breasts does not take away from the fact that they are genetically XX and are otherwise anatomically female.

The eye patch is something you use to identify them, but that would be to say that anyone who wears a puffcoat is a gang banger, anyone with a tattoo is a serial rapist or any man who wears an earring is gay.
SHHEEEZZZ Where did you get your PHd in biological and racial traits?

Ark22
May 3, 2011, 11:47 PM
And a girl with high heels is a hooker

Dr.Old guy to you

FEI LEE
May 3, 2011, 11:47 PM
It's not that hard actually. Not to take away from NIloklives great description that is lol ^^;

Niloklives
May 3, 2011, 11:48 PM

how about you get a high school education before arguing about vernacular?

joshboyd1209
May 3, 2011, 11:53 PM
All I'm saying is that it is a built in after birth feature that makes Dhumans distinguishable from humans.

Sinue_v2
May 3, 2011, 11:53 PM

Probably, in High School like everyone else. It's kind of important to know when they start teaching you about evolution and speciation during your freshman year.

RenzokukenZ
May 3, 2011, 11:55 PM
Yo, this thread is about beasts.

Not dewmans. Keep it on topic, ya?

NoiseHERO
May 3, 2011, 11:58 PM
Beast women are the best though.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 12:01 AM
BEAST WOMEN ARE HAIRY

FEI LEE
May 4, 2011, 12:03 AM
Beast woman are also beast. Figured I'd clear that up for you guys

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2011, 12:09 AM
BEAST WOMEN ARE HAIRY

Beast woman are also beast. Figured I'd clear that up for you guys

Hairy women + bestial women + dry environment = Dingleberries.

Figured I'd clear that up for you guys.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 12:11 AM
That's a little too clear for me, thanks for that.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 12:12 AM
BEAST WOMEN ARE HAIRY

Only in Nanoblast.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 12:20 AM
I would contest that they probably shave more areas more often than you think

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 12:22 AM
I would contest that they probably shave more areas more often than you think

I doubt it. Though, I do have a drawing...

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 12:30 AM
What you draw and what happens on their own time are two separate issues.

I'll say this: you see a beast woman with a nice big mons...that's not a mons.

That is all

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 12:32 AM
What you draw and what happens on their own time are two separate issues.

I'll say this: you see a beast woman with a nice big mons...that's not a mons.

That is all

I didn't draw it. A friend drew my character for me. Well, multiple drawings.

Palle
May 4, 2011, 12:33 AM
This is a recovery thread. Please no war stories.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 12:35 AM
YOU SEE THIS SCAR HERE?!

NoiseHERO
May 4, 2011, 12:51 AM
I'm sure beast women have no pubes just like every other fictional person in japan outside of seinen manga.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 12:55 AM
I think when you get to the mound of fur that exists under the waistline of a beast female, you can no longer call it pubic hair.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 01:04 AM
mound of fur that exists under the waistline of a beast female

You can only assume that through imagination and/or artist interpretation.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:06 AM
it's an educated guess.

Wayu
May 4, 2011, 01:21 AM
o.0

I...should step out of this one. Not a topic a 17 year-old girl should enter on the internet. ^^;

-Wayu

Skye-Fox713
May 4, 2011, 01:24 AM
I didn't draw it. A friend drew my character for me. Well, multiple drawings.

well lets see the drawing already

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:26 AM
o.0

I...should step out of this one. Not a topic a 17 year-old girl should enter on the internet. ^^;

-Wayu

There a place on the net that 17 year old girl should enter?...really?

But yeah I think we've exited the realm of PG-13

Edit: Sorry Wayu.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 01:28 AM
There a place on the net that 17 year old girl should enter?...really?

but yeah I think we've exited the realm of PG-13
Yeah you're last comment strayed closer to M.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:32 AM
PG-13 isn't ESRB, I'm talking about movie ratings.. and we're actually allowed to use R-rated language here.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 01:35 AM
well lets see the drawing already

I can't post it publicly; it's a bit NSFW.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:37 AM
gross...

FEI LEE
May 4, 2011, 01:39 AM
gross...

Shortest post I've ever seen from you :-P

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 01:40 AM
I was gonna say something longer...but it had something to do with shaving cream and I decided to keep it clean.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 01:41 AM
gross...

How is that gross?

yoshiblue
May 4, 2011, 04:24 AM
Everyone has different tastes.

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 08:05 AM
Everyone has different tastes.
and values.

Niloklives
May 4, 2011, 08:06 AM
for example some people value learning over judging.

Zarode
May 4, 2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah yeah, call me...

Deep-throat.

gross...

joshboyd1209
May 4, 2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah yeah, call me...

Deep-throat.

That is/You're disgusting.

Vanzazikon
May 4, 2011, 10:16 AM
Blue booty bouncin'I'm sorry, Olaf. That's all I see from you.

BIG OLAF
May 4, 2011, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry, Olaf. That's all I see from you.

Is that a problem?

ShinMaruku
May 4, 2011, 11:27 AM
I can't post it publicly; it's a bit NSFW.
Well I'm not at work.
I am such a dog. :E