PDA

View Full Version : How is the music on PSZ??

Robocop II
Dec 4, 2010, 04:41 PM
Is the music similar to PSO at all? I hated PSU's music as well as PSP and PSP2. I saw the gameplay for the first time on youtube and liked it alot so I am picking it up today but I still wanna know what the music is like.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 4, 2010, 05:08 PM
It's pretty good for the most part, switching fairly well between field music to battle variations, boss music is pretty well-fitted for their cases, but it's not like they "stand out" for the most part. More often than not, you're going to be paying more attention to the foes you're killing and the area you're going through than the music that's in the BG. It gets a 7/10 from me.

SirTopps
Dec 4, 2010, 09:36 PM
i like the music for the most part in psz. theres some parts that are kinda quiet. so not as good as pso but i like it.

Robocop II
Dec 4, 2010, 10:00 PM
i like the music for the most part in psz. theres some parts that are kinda quiet. so not as good as pso but i like it.

As long as it is better than PSU's half assed music production then I will be happy. I get more and more excited as I read up more and more of it.

blazecon0
Dec 4, 2010, 10:06 PM
personalty i think that the DS version is the best of any of the PS games ^^

Pirrip
Dec 4, 2010, 10:09 PM
I would suggest watching some gameplay videos just to get a preview.

I've caught myself hearing some of PSZero's music stuck in my head--undoubtedly due to the sheer number of hours I've played it thus far.

Robocop II
Dec 4, 2010, 10:33 PM
personalty i think that the DS version is the best of any of the PS games ^^

musically or in general? Either way I'm stoked.

NER0
Dec 5, 2010, 01:55 AM
PSZ most definitely has better music then PSU but not PSO.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 5, 2010, 02:27 AM
Yes, PSO's music is mostly what I referred to as being better than PSZ's (it really gets into my head, like the boss themes; PSZ's boss themes are kinda pathetic thinking back to PSO's before it :P), but having not heard anything from PSU, I'm not sure I can make any true comparisons myself between the two. PS:P2 has a few songs that stand out, but most of its music isn't all that great either. To be honest, aside from something like PSO's music, most of the music in these games aren't meant to be heard unless you're specifically listening for them, which shouldn't happen too often, but I guess if I had to say, PSZ wasn't too far behind PSO's musical wit.

Lunariancrystal
Dec 5, 2010, 03:43 AM
Yeah...The music is a lot like PSO imo. Its slightly different from the original PSO music but It has the same feel imo. I really liked how they did the field music to battle music transitions like in PSO. My favorite song is probably the guild counter for quests song.

Daak
Dec 5, 2010, 05:18 AM
I love the music when u get to a rappy nest thts the best music =)

bns1991
Dec 5, 2010, 09:49 AM
I do like PSZ music, but I agree that it is better than PSU music, but will never be better than PSO. IMO, PSO has the best music of most SEGA games.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 5, 2010, 11:52 AM
OH YEAH, THE SPECIAL FIELD MUSIC! I loved that song! Favorite song in the history of any online PS game. It just sets the mood for excitement and fun, and that just what happens when you're suddly surrounded by those cute, flluffy, cuddly little birds I like to call RAPPIES! :D

Robocop II
Dec 5, 2010, 02:24 PM
Who was the composer the title? Im gonna check that out. Are there any familiar songs that were on PSO that are in PSZ?

Chaos Rappy
Dec 5, 2010, 04:20 PM
Nothing from PSO music-wise is in PSZ. I'll just say that right off the bat.

Secondly, I do not know for the life of me who composed PSZ's music, and can't seem to find it right now. Maybe I could look more later, but eh, too lazy. :]

bns1991
Dec 5, 2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.squareenixmusic.com/albums/p/phantasystar0.shtml

This may be the information you're looking for.

leviayurashyguy
Dec 6, 2010, 01:47 AM
i srsly doubt PSZ had better music than PSU. but then again, if i had nostalgia goggles so tight around my eye sockets that it severs the connection between my brain and spinal cord, then yes, absolutely nothing good came out of PSU.

PSZ's music isn't terrible, but it isn't something i would go and download its OST to put on my Ipod. it bores me. the only reason i have my volume up is to hear notifications.

Razor (Blue)
Dec 7, 2010, 12:32 PM
I know I am going to be jumped and stabbed over and over for this but I like PSU music and it PSP versions better then PSZ. But anyway on the topic of the PSZ music I say it's good to hear when playing but it nothing to write home about. Playing the game and listening to it is fine listening to it with out the game would bore me.