PDA

View Full Version : How rare?

Lunariancrystal
Dec 7, 2010, 04:14 AM
How rare is a Lavis Kanon? Maybe a stupid question but I'm just curious. Didn't find any drop rates %s in the item database for PS0.

pso_crash
Dec 7, 2010, 10:26 AM
It's a super rare drop from a common boosted enemy on super hard only. It's pretty damn rare. Your best bet might be tower runs. If you don't mind playing offline for a few days/weeks.

Pirrip
Dec 7, 2010, 11:40 AM
I'll try to give you an idea of how rare the Lavis Kanon is... in haiku form:

Only three weapons
Do require level 90
One is the Lavis.

(The other two are the Psycho Wand rod and the Yasminkov M109 rifle)

Chaos Rappy
Dec 7, 2010, 12:45 PM
Actually, it doesn't need to be boosted to drop it, it's just that unboosted (or otherwise), it just has an insamely low chance of dropping, maybe if I'm guessing right, somewhere in the 1/5000+ chance range.

Daak
Dec 7, 2010, 01:36 PM
Sooo I think u got the idea oof how freaking rare it is right ? =)

MAXrobo
Dec 7, 2010, 04:14 PM

Only three weapons
Do require level 90
One is the Lavis.

no wonder i cant find that stupid rifle!

Pirrip
Dec 7, 2010, 04:18 PM
Yep... and I'm still hunting for my PsychoWand.

NER0
Dec 7, 2010, 04:57 PM
I found my pyschowand on a random tower run when I wasn't even looking for it :P

Lunariancrystal
Dec 7, 2010, 05:40 PM
Oh god...It's like hunting for the Guld all over again. FML

Chaos Rappy
Dec 7, 2010, 06:01 PM
Ha... and if you thought THAT was bad, I dare you to try and hunt for both of the Ins. You'll go insane, most especially if you thought Lavis had horridly low droprates.

Pirrip
Dec 7, 2010, 06:04 PM
I traded for my In... Twas a glorious day.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 7, 2010, 06:25 PM
I got my Yonohate In myself, pure luck and coincidence all in one on my second journalized SH Tower Run on GameFAQs. It's the grand jewel in my collection, not only for being a known legit Yonohate In, but because it's self-obtained. :]

Lunariancrystal
Dec 7, 2010, 08:44 PM
People were telling me earlier that the drop rates aren't as terrible as PSO...but it seems you guys are telling me otherwise! I just want the Lavis Kanon because its one of those trademark type weapons... looks bad ass.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 8, 2010, 12:05 AM
It is badass indeed. It has the highest ATP for a Saber that ISN'T non-Hunter (stupid Eclipse Star has more ATP at max grind but cannot be wielded by HU's, go figure), and can hit two enemies at once instead of the regular one of normal sabers. The downside is its stuck Soul Lv3 element, and the fact that you can find one without a PA. : /

Pirrip
Dec 8, 2010, 12:40 AM
*nods at Chaosmaster00's post*
It is sad... I have a CelebLv4 Luzparius and it deals more damage than the Lavis Kanon.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 8, 2010, 12:46 AM
But Lavis easily makes up for that damage difference for what it has in ATA and the fact that since it can hit two enemies at once, its potential damage dealt is double and, mathematically speaking, it can put out more potential TOTAL damage than any other kind of Saber, regardless of element or effect. ;P

EDIT: Oh, and this isn't counting some super-White Saber you find that suddenly proc's its Risk 100% of the time and has enough ACC ADJ to keep up with the ATA that Lavis Kanon has over it, since with the Risk on it and that it can hit multiple foes at once like Lavis, it can potentially even outdamage IT, but only if your procrate was obscenely high, and even then, if Lavis Kanon suddenly had its Soul Lv3 factored into the total damage it could do, then as a whole, Lavis Kanon could still potentially deal more damage than the White Daber, 100% procrate or no.

Broken_L_button
Dec 8, 2010, 02:30 AM
Aye, Lavis is pretty rare. But still, the droprates in this game aren't has horrid as PSO's. PSO had too many highly sought after items with rates of 1/10K or more. And nothing is as horrible as hunting Guld. NOTHING.

bns1991
Dec 8, 2010, 11:21 AM
Aye, Lavis is pretty rare. But still, the droprates in this game aren't has horrid as PSO's. PSO had too many highly sought after items with rates of 1/10K or more. And nothing is as horrible as hunting Guld. NOTHING.

If you have Redria in PSO, the Lavis has a 1/22 drop rate from the pouilly slime on ultimate. But thats the only reasonable droprate for that weapon in the game.

Broken_L_button
Dec 8, 2010, 04:04 PM
If you have Redria in PSO, the Lavis has a 1/22 drop rate from the pouilly slime on ultimate. But thats the only reasonable droprate for that weapon in the game.

You have to take into account that pouilly slime is a rare enemy. And these rare enemies appear pretty much...1/500 of the time (but piping and splitting slimes do help with that) on offline GC/XBox while the process is completely different online, making some of the tricks used offline useless, except for the slime splitting one, and making the rate I wrote earlier irrelevant (but, again, the chance at getting a rare enemy of any kind is still abysmall online...Unless you do the right quests). Multiply that by 22 and...Yeah. You still end up getting an abysmall chance at getting it.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 8, 2010, 04:24 PM

Only three weapons
Do require level 90
One is the Lavis.

the middle line is 8 syllables here, needs 7, 1.Do 2.re-3.qui-4.re 5.le-6.vel 7.nine-8.ty

Pirrip
Dec 8, 2010, 04:25 PM
the middle line is 8 syllables here, needs 7, 1.Do 2.re-3.qui-4.re 5.le-6.vel 7.nine-8.ty

I wasn't sure... just read it without the word "do"... besides, it really all depends on your dialect anyway... that's something you learn as an English student.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 8, 2010, 04:33 PM
While the droprates OVERALL aren't as horrid as PSO's, at least PSO had the Section ID's to make finding things easier on certain ones, with the lowest droprate for ANY item on any Section ID being, what, the Guld/Milla (can't remember which one was a 1-ID-only) or Yasha? In PSZ, though, multiple enemies have multiple rare items they can potentially drop, and with the fact that there is no section ID's to boost the chances of specifric items dropping, everyone has an equally abyssmal chance at getting what they want. Basically, this pretty much makes the drop system in PSZ the equivalent to having the section ID in PSO that as the lowest droprate for any given item that can drop for its ID. Think: all Bluefulls. Not a great sight. : /

Daak
Dec 12, 2010, 06:33 AM
it is prety much imposible to get it ...

Lunariancrystal
Dec 12, 2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah...Lv78 and have done many Blade Mothers and nothing yet. I think the drop rate is probably the same as PSO lol.