PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Favorite NPC party?

GreenArcher
Dec 7, 2010, 01:54 PM
For all you story mode players, what is your favorite NPC party?

I have found myself using Karen, Magashi, and a MySynth model that will give me damage reduction for whatever mission I'm running.

Magashi spams cross hurricane and that spinning axe, and manages to dish out a decent amount of damage. Karen grants techs are good at knocking down enemies, she buffs on occasion, and even gets a chain going sometimes with twin daggers. And who wouldn't want -20% damage from a MySynth?

I'm interested in using Shizuru, but not so interested in doing Story Mode ever again..

Ce'Nedra
Dec 7, 2010, 01:57 PM
GH420, Karen and Liina for me mostly, i like to have Liina with me for some reason, and Karen is good for your above mentioned reasons.

GH420 is reduction plus i just love her. Claws ftw.

aduran
Dec 7, 2010, 01:58 PM
*my myth with the element boost for the stages currently playing
*shizuru
*magashi

Ceresa
Dec 7, 2010, 01:59 PM
Usually a 514 and nothing else, free chains, heals, really rare for it to break chain.

If it's a non boss mission on story mode I'll usually take the tech users for a shitty chance at a lvl 30 tech disk.

Kurosu
Dec 7, 2010, 02:01 PM
Emilia, Crouch, Ursula

Family combo <3

Fox2Tails
Dec 7, 2010, 02:06 PM
411, Shizuru and Kraz

Razor (Blue)
Dec 7, 2010, 02:24 PM
Lumia (mainly just becasue I like her say what you will)
Magashi (kick ass ally)
and has for my 3rd I can't really say the 3rd usally switch bewteen my mysynth and Emilia

sovalou
Dec 7, 2010, 02:29 PM
vivenne
karen erra
and GH444

Crimson The FOmar
Dec 7, 2010, 03:46 PM
I always have

My partner machine (514 model),
+
Maya (I find it a good tactic to select blast charge and then get her to release it on the boss, as she has the Earth type mirage blast which is really helpful...plus in my opinion shes better with healing and buffing than Lumia or Emila)
+
Vivienne or Lou (I find them quite handy for healing and guns)

Why anyone would regularly use Kraz is beyond me...Beast Ranger? ugh...

Rashiid
Dec 7, 2010, 04:01 PM
MySynth (GH-450 atm)
Maya
Lumia

As a Hunter, I like my NPCs to be healers and buffers. I hate having fellow Hunter NPCs since they send mobs flying for no reason (hi2u, Ethan Waber) and mess up chains ever-so often. My NPCs are merely there as distractions and medics - I do all the killing.

Jakosifer
Dec 7, 2010, 04:13 PM
Lumia because shes delicious.
Emilia because shes delicious.
GH450 because shes delicious.

Nah but srsly, I don't use NPC's.

Unless I want an imaginary harem.

Fox2Tails
Dec 7, 2010, 04:15 PM
Why anyone would regularly use Kraz is beyond me...Beast Ranger? ugh...

Because he's awesome

Omega-R7
Dec 7, 2010, 04:17 PM
Me and only my GH450

Unionhack
Dec 7, 2010, 04:19 PM
I usually use Kraz, Maya, and my 430 Mysynth. I love 430's lazer cannons, Maya for aforementioned reasons, and Kraz because he's a total badass.

chibiLegolas
Dec 7, 2010, 04:57 PM
ATM I'm a Vanguard with:
GH470 -cause he's cute & is good for tech support.
Vivienne or Lumia -They're both a nice balance of melee and heals.
Kraz -cause he's SUPER aggressive & works very well for distraction purposes.

(though I still haven't finished the last Story Mode chapter to unlock everyone?)

RowenOfStrata
Dec 7, 2010, 05:03 PM
I keep it varied, atm I'm still trying to get all of the friendship titles so that screws things up.

Normally I go for the mysynth, Shizuru and Lumia/Magashi/Vivienne. I don't actually find Shizuru to be that helpful since some of his attacks leave him with a ton of delay just standing there, it works out though since their main use is as meat shields for me rather than added damage

LK1721
Dec 7, 2010, 05:20 PM
Just me and my GH430 most of the time.
If not then I'll have either Lumia or Vivienne and Kraz tag along with me.

Rashiid
Dec 7, 2010, 05:35 PM
Is there a bonus to having less NPCs in a party? A question for those that only roll with 1~2 NPCs.

TheToyDolls
Dec 7, 2010, 05:57 PM
I roll with just 514 MySynth. Only uses a Wand and Tech-Mag, and only knows Resta/Giresta.

As far as bonuses for less NPCs go: I can't really think of any besides chain breaking would be less frequent. Just having say Emilia in your party, she'll still break chains, which I find frustrating.

d19xx
Dec 7, 2010, 06:03 PM
To me, Magashi is the best npc for 2 reasons.

1. He talks less compared to other npc's, so your screen aren't a cluster fuck of repetitive autotext.
2. Axe! He disables mobs that he targets with it and he uses Anga Grudda.

That and I use rifles with buster shot. Me(with buster shot) + Magashi = helpless foes

Jorry
Dec 7, 2010, 06:15 PM
Is there a bonus to having less NPCs in a party? A question for those that only roll with 1~2 NPCs.

I don't think so. Though I remember reading something about soloing makes your chain breaks more powerful than with NPCs.

Rashiid
Dec 7, 2010, 06:41 PM
I can understand the chain breaking thing. I was just wondering if there was like a "more exp" bonus or something. Everyone says Magashi is good, maybe I'll swap Lumia out for him to give it a shot. Might as well, getting an S on Crimson Warrior was annoying enough.

d19xx
Dec 7, 2010, 06:44 PM
I suggest doing a mission with only Magashi and you'll appreciate his silence. That alone should be enough to convince anyone.

Rashiid
Dec 7, 2010, 06:53 PM
I played PSU since the Xbox 360 beta (well left in 2008 ). NPC text is practically invisible to me, lol.

RenzokukenZ
Dec 7, 2010, 07:41 PM
Magashi- He knocks them all down!
Vivienne- Fluge SUV
Lou- She has a decent chance to stun, Twin Saber PA's as rewards

Cast supremacy ftw

Wayu
Dec 7, 2010, 07:46 PM
Vivienne - Tiga De Ragan stun + Fluge
PM463 - :ground: + :dark: defense bonus + stun & sleep slicers
Lumia - Freeze + buffs

-Wayu

Broken_L_button
Dec 7, 2010, 10:51 PM
These days, I usually use only 1 NPC from these, depending on what I want:

-Vivienne (meatshield+lv.5 buffs for the whole run)
-GH 430 series (stun inflicting weapon, and, sometimes, we coordinate casting Shifta/deband. It looks so cute when it happens)
-Magashi (meatshield+knockdown axe)

Only times I REALLY regret bringing an NPC along is when there's only 1 high HP enemy remaining that I could easily vanquish with a moderately high chain+tech combo and the NPC goes into its "IMMA SPAM THEM PAs BROTHA" mode. Ughh...