PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for finding Cake and Pizza shops

Agent Bon
Dec 8, 2010, 04:32 AM
After much planning, I took my level 80+ character, Agent Jean, back to normal, offline, story mode, no quests. I visited all dead-ends before moving past any point of no return. I knew the Cake Shop was in the Valley and Swamp, and the Coco Hut was in the Plant and the Shrine. I took the items from gold boxes and otherwise skipped everything in any room that I didn't need to complete, and I would have skipped the gold boxes except I needed mats and PD's. I equipped my slots and MAG for offense-only. I sat down to watch TV too, as I knew I would get bored of slaughtering weak monsters endlessly.

In about 10 hours of this (spreading out over about 2 weeks for my own sanity), I was able to:
Visit the Cake Shop 3 times.
Run the Cake-related quest on all 3 difficulties.
Visit the Coco Hut.
Bought about 6 4-slot pizza boxes, for assorted purposes (use myself, sell, trade, gift). The 4-slot was in stock when I arrived, which helped my total time taken.

I also had just reset my mats before starting this process, so I was also amassing PD's and mats while I was running these missions. I gained about 20 mats, almost entirely fueled by PD trades.

I would like to thank the people who previously researched and posted where the rare shops were and what conditions you need to find them, whether you posted it here, on Sega's forums, or on one of the many other sites I used.