PDA

View Full Version : Leaving some TECHs?

Darki
Dec 9, 2010, 02:20 PM
So, I was planning on doing a few Innocent Girl runs to get frags I need for the two last TECHs in my list, Megiverse and Nosmegid, and then a doubt came to my mind, lol. I play on a WT and will always be a WT so I won't go Limit Break, in any case, TECH range + and level them to 31+, and as I have a crapload ot PAs to switch already, I was planning on dropping a couple TECHs.

The two TECHs I'm thinking to drop are Diga and Nosmegid, basically to keep only 4 striking TECHs per element at max. For Diga, even being a good PA I never use it after I get Nosdiga, which I use for single-target and boss pwn1ng, and Nosmegid, I just believe is useless, and I prefer using Ramegid /Megid for the same function.

So what do you think? Would I be a bad, awful n00b techer without those two PAs?

NiceOnes
Dec 9, 2010, 04:50 PM
So, I was planning on doing a few Innocent Girl runs to get frags I need for the two last TECHs in my list, Megiverse and Nosmegid, and then a doubt came to my mind, lol. I play on a WT and will always be a WT so I won't go Limit Break, in any case, TECH range + and level them to 31+, and as I have a crapload ot PAs to switch already, I was planning on dropping a couple TECHs.

The two TECHs I'm thinking to drop are Diga and Nosmegid, basically to keep only 4 striking TECHs per element at max. For Diga, even being a good PA I never use it after I get Nosdiga, which I use for single-target and boss pwn1ng, and Nosmegid, I just believe is useless, and I prefer using Ramegid /Megid for the same function.

So what do you think? Would I be a bad, awful n00b techer without those two PAs?

I think that you are wrong in dropping Diga. It is key in the mother brain battles for example.

I like nosmegid but I can't argue it being a must have spell as Noszonde will out perform it almost always.

Do as you please. No one can tell you how to play as this game is all about preference.

str898mustang
Dec 9, 2010, 05:10 PM
a Ground Muktrand/Demonic Fork will outdamage his Diga

Darki
Dec 9, 2010, 05:23 PM
My concern is that I have many PAs and I was thinking to keep all my techs at 4 at most, enough to fill a wand/madoog.

I love techs, but as a beast WT I need room for skills and some bullets, and probably I will never use techs on bosses when I can easily outdamage any of them with just a whip, and the only boss that I actually kill with techs is Maggas Maggana because it's a dick to follow with any other weapon (and for that Nosdiga is just perfect because it goes to it). In MB for example I usually kill it nanoblasting after shooting down the arms, or use a sword (BTW I don't use spears, I don't like them on WT).

For Nosmegid is as you said, I don't really use Megiverse and Nosmegid too much, but of those two I prefer to get Megiverse, that is somehow "special" and use Noszonde instead of the dark one, which is better.

NiceOnes
Dec 9, 2010, 05:41 PM
a Ground Muktrand/Demonic Fork will outdamage his Diga

I agree when you're attacking the body.. I was thinking more along the lines of when you're taking out the arms.

Darki
Dec 9, 2010, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't a bow/card be more damaging in my case? I suppose for any other techer it would be a good idea, but I don't know, at least DPS wise the bow always gave me good results.

unicorn
Dec 9, 2010, 06:16 PM
I don't think WT needs Nosmegid or Noszonde. Bows have more DPS, even for FT.

Diga is useful for Mother Brain, so idk about dropping that one.

Actually, you don't need a lot of striking PAs either, unless you just want to carry around all of them for awesomeness. Most PAs have an alternative in another weapon class. For example, Renzan and Assault Crush do practically the same, whichever you pick is preference. Same with Sunbou and Rising Strike, etc.

Darki
Dec 10, 2010, 02:36 AM
I only use three melee weapons (sword, twin daggers and whip) so maybe I have two or three skills that are similar (I would say that maybe Renkai, Tornado Break and both whip PAs) but I always use them all depending on the situation. For example even all being "AoE skills with knockback" Renkai is the fastest, Tornado Break is the strongest and both whip ones are for multiple monsters. Anyways, I find myself using just a couple PAs sometimes, but I like having some options even if they have similar effects. For example in one of the GAM I usually put all the AoE skills in the weapons because theyre are many little monsters of different elements, and depending on the element and type I might prefer one or other weapon (like, twin daggers for Vandas and whip for badiras).

I don't really care too much about having more PAs "active" than I can carry, I treat TECHs as weapons in this case, if I know I'm going to run a certain element I'll just put in the ones I'll use (I.E last GBR I had no fire or lightning techs because there weren't ice or ground monsters). It's more of the idea of keeping my striking TECHs at four per element max, so I don't need to worry about levelling all of them but I still have enough to fill a wand/TCSM set.

Omega-z
Dec 10, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hi, Darki First of all it all about what you like all three aren`t that good but is more for nostalgic wise I never like standing to long as a WT even tho you can take the beating a little. everyone about nosmiged that noszonde is better. Like using those to get over thing or out range emenies to weaken down or snipe without them noticing that I'm there. diga is meh actually other then MB which bows are good there too, it slow and hard to hit things with like small foes. Ra- spell are really good especially with a speed unit nosdiga is ok but way better then megivise which I should advise it not good. I've only seen it boarder line ok at higher LV's also with good support so you don`t get hit and have to restart the spell again. I don`t use tech to much out side of buff/debuff/heal/protection spells; but I do use them in some fights like melee/bullet resist foes or when it's to dangerous to go melee and out of pp for bullets but still have a good option with SE and still have range too which doesn't miss by the way.:) I hope it helps:rappy:

Darki
Dec 11, 2010, 12:55 AM
My problem is that I don't really mind TECHs being weak in my char because I enjoy using them, even for easiness, sometimes is just easier to go into a mob and smash Gidiga button than go with a whip and pray you don't get blocked 4 times in a row. In terms of DPS I'm really null because I could care less about DPS, so I don't really know what to do.

I know Nosmegid is not to useful, specially because it lacks some functions that Noszonde has if I remember well: it hits 2 targets (I think Noszonde hits 3), it doesn't knockdown, and on top of that, the damage affects power is a SE that I never liked (I like to run with my HP full, I play a bit kamikaze style and going into a mob is not nice if you're at 10% HP). I recall Megiverse not being to flashy either, but is a "Gi-like" tech and when in party it can be nice. Also I plan getting all my techs at level 34+ and Attack Range +, so it should be acceptable at that point.

For Diga, I really like it and I use it a lot, but that happens till I get Nosdiga. If I wanna silence a monster then I can do it 6 times better with Gidiga, it has the same level of Silence and I can mute a mob with it in no time. To do raw damage to a single target, Nosdiga is very good. Slower than Diga, but to hit monsters with Diga most of the time you need to go close range or you'll miss, so Nosdiga can be faster DPS in this term if you do the same and go close range.

Omega-z
Dec 11, 2010, 08:36 PM
actually NosMiged does have knock down and hits 3 foes after 21+, I like it better to snipe. Use magistar with it and the dps goes up not much about 400 damge at 30, 30+ could be higher. lol to bad we can't use rods add hizri / constrate (misspell) 420 tp but super slow makes it blow up up on contact lol. but the big difference in the two Nos spells is distance about 25% for Noszonde over Nosmiged (which an upgrade can fix) and that there no shock for an SE but more dps for life. I see about megiverse that could work as long as your in a party.:):rappy: