PDA

View Full Version : D-Mans

Kimil Adrayne
Dec 13, 2010, 03:09 PM
D-mans (or dumans, what ever). Could they be added in PSO2? This thread is meant to be something like the should beasts be in PSO thread.

I see no reason why a PSO equivalent couldn't be added. Instead of being formed from SEED infection, they could be formed from D-Cell infection. Instead of being gay looking French Pirates/Spanish Dancers, they could be something like Pollux from PSO ep. 3. The story already allows for something like this to exist, Red Ring Rico, Flowen, Pollux and Castor are rough examples of this.

Dongra
Dec 13, 2010, 03:23 PM
Is infinity out yet? Do we even know if this race is balanced or implemented well yet? I seriously don't know much about this race.

Padium
Dec 13, 2010, 03:41 PM
As long as there is some way to keep them balanced, like if they will be OP, force them to take on penalties for using their power. Kind of like .hack did with Kite's bracelet?

Kimil Adrayne
Dec 13, 2010, 03:52 PM
As long as there is some way to keep them balanced, like if they will be OP, force them to take on penalties for using their power. Kind of like .hack did with Kite's bracelet?

Something like that sounds good.

Forgot to mention, I honestly see it being easier to add Dmans to PSO than Beast, story-wise.

MAXrobo
Dec 13, 2010, 04:44 PM
I would love to see Dumens in PSO!

i agree that they would be easy to add into the story, but i really like their pirate look :-D just get rid of the white hair.

also, even if they do screw up the balacing in PSP2i (but i doubt they will) then they could learn from it and get them right in PSO2.

NoiseHERO
Dec 13, 2010, 06:09 PM
It's either that cyborgs or fish people or people with wings...

Either way technically in concept theory everything is seed and thats where dumans come from right...I don't see how you can make them cooler anyway. e_e

Ehn I won't be touchin' that race...If I want a french lolita mexican emogoth CAST sounds like the best choice.

Kimil Adrayne
Dec 13, 2010, 06:41 PM
It's either that cyborgs or fish people or people with wings...

Either way technically in concept theory everything is seed and thats where dumans come from right...I don't see how you can make them cooler anyway. e_e

Ehn I won't be touchin' that race...If I want a french lolita mexican emogoth CAST sounds like the best choice.

Why would they look like the pirates from PSP2? This isn't PSU.

This is what I meant by looking like Pollux, Here's a picture of her from PSO Ep 3 (click it to see it not blurry):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6ZW5wv13A
can't find any better picture, comes with a cool song I guess

MAXrobo
Dec 13, 2010, 06:52 PM
i really dont like pollex's design. if they where like the dark type creatures from PSO with the bars of moving lights running across them, now THAT would be cool.

NoiseHERO
Dec 13, 2010, 07:14 PM

This is what I meant by looking like Pollux, Here's a picture of her from PSO Ep 3 (click it to see it not blurry):

YouTube - MUSIC - 'IDOLA' The Strange Fruits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6ZW5wv13A)

I'm saying we'll probably just get the same race or nothing, we can't really say with fact, or ask for what we want anyway.In the end PS is all about appearance, and cast do the emogoth job just fine.

Buy > Fish race and cyborgs

Dongra
Dec 13, 2010, 07:16 PM
Cast > emogoth.

I'm not seeing the connection here.

NoiseHERO
Dec 13, 2010, 07:21 PM
Cast > emogoth.

I'm not seeing the connection here.

Pale white to light blue skin, pure black exotic armor parts.

Obvious is obvious, yo.

Seth Astra
Dec 13, 2010, 07:21 PM
I have been thinking about this idea, and I was wondering: what if you could willingly infect your character with D-cells/seed/whatever, to turn them into a duman version of that race? Think about it, dumans are seed-infected humans, but what about the other 3 races?

Dongra
Dec 13, 2010, 07:37 PM
Pale white to light blue skin, pure black exotic armor parts.

Obvious is obvious, yo.
Since when were we forced to use black armor parts? I also overlooked the skin color since none of the casts I have used ever show it.

NoiseHERO
Dec 13, 2010, 07:52 PM
Since when were we forced to use black armor parts? I also overlooked the skin color since none of the casts I have used ever show it.

I'm not generalizing the whole race, I'm saying they do the best job at making the look when they want to. o_O

MAXrobo
Dec 13, 2010, 08:01 PM
I have been thinking about this idea, and I was wondering: what if you could willingly infect your character with D-cells/seed/whatever, to turn them into a duman version of that race? Think about it, dumans are seed-infected humans, but what about the other 3 races?

maybe becoming a duman could be a photon blast. like temporaraly infecting yourself for a power boost. kinda like a nanoblast.

Dongra
Dec 13, 2010, 08:12 PM
I'm not generalizing the whole race, I'm saying they do the best job at making the look when they want to. o_O
Out of the four races in PSU, I agree. I certainly hope nobody uses a cast for that reason.

Padium
Dec 13, 2010, 08:32 PM

Dammit, now I want to play ep 3 again...

I actually really like this idea. Gain a benefit at a cost, along with some amazing looks. Even better, make it a "hero race" like WoW's death knights, unlocked by completing a quest (unlike death knights), and the race you unlock it with gains a D-Cell infected option when you make new characters. Kind of like a reward for playing, but like the D-Cells would have Flowen and Rico, and even Pollux for that matter, it should curse the the player as much as it benefits them, to keep it balanced.

EDIT: Thanks for merging ^_^

Googlebonker
Dec 13, 2010, 09:24 PM
Weren`t they trying to get RID of the Germ and DF Cells in PSO? Rico and Flowen caused counter-explosions that wiped out DF Cells in the blast radius. Someone was talking about destroying C.A.R.D.s in PSO Episode 3 after the Great Darkness was defeated or destroyed.

Why would ANYONE willingly take that virus? It would make sense if people were infected and were saved before they were completely taken over and retained their humanity.

Even then, how are they going to explain the after-results? Do Dumans still have DF Cells, or have all of them been removed, yet their bodies have already been mutated? Didn`t DF Cell-infected creatures thrive on D-photons? Maybe they`ll have special abilities due to D-photons being inside them?

They still have more story to tell. n_n

Padium
Dec 13, 2010, 11:07 PM
I kinda like the idea of the quest ending with you being infected (but not affect your character, rather unlocking the D-Man version of that race to play), with that story knocking knocking you (the new infected char, not the one to unlock the char) to level 1 due to how the cells are controlled.

There could be penalties focusing on maintaining sanity, for which healing items don't help, and insanity results in being sent back to the medical area. There could be a special item that suppresses the D-Cells, and reduces the insanity level, but can only be taken on certain intervals to protect the body. Also note that by insanity, I mean D-Cell control of the body, rather than player control. The items with cool downs could be used to to enable longer harder attacks against bosses, and impliment a photon blast the reduces the current level to nothing. I think its a fair way to balance it, a type of damage forces can't heal.

Blizz3112
Dec 14, 2010, 01:20 PM
Yes, they could work out some Ancient and Seed races, making two opposing forces (like in Warcraft). It sure will give some versatility if they do... And I know about the Arkz and Hunters, but it's just not the same... ;-)