PDA

View Full Version : The kindness of the Japanese

LoserMLW
Mar 4, 2001, 10:29 PM
My first post! Whoohoo!

After playing for a few weeks, and getting to level 21 (should be higher, I know, I know...RL keeps me busy..) I decided to play online for the first time......

Everyone I found on the US servers seemed way too concerned about items and trading...so I hopped over to one of the Japanese servers...after getting the brush off from about 5-6 players, I found 2 who were more than willing to let me join them...they were both around lvls 33-35 and although I wasn't much help, they sure acted like I was....at least, made me feel like I was...

Just wanted to say thank you publicly to those two guys....I had fun and am more than likely going to be playing online a lot more, thanks to them....

Red_Ring_Rico
Mar 4, 2001, 11:00 PM
yeh man the japanese rule, way more polite then most of the americans. but watch out, some may seem to be nice but some are even worse then the americans. thats how i lost my Heart of Pian. We were trading and i showed her stuff, the first 3 things i showed her she was just like. No thank you. but then I showed he Heart of Pian and she grabbed it and disconnected almost immediately!

LoserMLW
Mar 4, 2001, 11:24 PM
Well, it's not like they went out of their way to give me items or anything like that.... just the fact that they were willing to let me join them and THEN made me feel welcome....

That is what made the experience for me...

PSO_Krunk
Mar 4, 2001, 11:34 PM
I appreciate the way the japanese play, becuase they accept you only after you have proven yourself in battle.

several times I've joined a JP server game to cold shoulders and indifference, only to have great freinds after an hour or so.

They all seem rather distrusting at first, (and thanks to the behavior of most americans, I can see why) but if you prove yourself to be a good sport, and a decent team player, it's a whole different story.

most of my card list is made up of JP players.

MsFortune
Mar 5, 2001, 01:21 AM
just like real life eh? americans dumb enough to vote for tax cuts and spending on the military, japanese all bushido and giri, are us brits gonna be like... bulldogs but really quite honourable? damn good show what?
(tongue in cheek)

Arazial
Mar 5, 2001, 08:15 AM
yea i'd say it's alot funner to play the game w/ the japanese.. but not at first.. when i first started playing the game w/ the japanese they were VERY rude. They would leave me behind, they wouldn't EVER revive me, i'd have to go back to the city ect to get back to life. But after awhile of proving yourself they change. I guess it's just that the thieves out there ruined the game for them... Also I have a strange story when playin on a japanese server. I was playing on a boss battle.. i belive Vol Opt, and I died at the last second. It wasn't anything special but i dropped a Double Sabre and they took it. I got up and used the Universal Translator to ask them for it back. They didn't say anything stood there for awhile. (talkin amongst themselves) than they dropped ALL of their items. and some VERY rare items i must say. stuff like spread needle, chain saw ect ect. They than stood there. I went over looked through the stuff, found my double sabre +20. (the only one there) and took it back. Than i walked away. After that they congratulations (using the universal translator again). And after that we were inseprable, i still play with the 3 of them. So basically if you are honest, and you have patience with them.. it's much funner to play with the japanese than on the american servers.

Kram
Mar 5, 2001, 08:30 AM
Geez, how I wish I had my DC Keyboard...typing "hehe" shouldn't take more then 30 seconds.
..Nothing scarier then a mute American on a Japanese server. :)

Defend
Mar 5, 2001, 12:16 PM
Man that's a great story about how they trusted you. They probably had back ups, but even then it would've been a pain for them, so that's excellent to hear how they decided to put their trust in your hands.
Kudos to them!

Acel
Mar 5, 2001, 01:19 PM
BTW, the Japanese arent the only Asians online that are kind. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

MyrciVoid
Mar 5, 2001, 01:22 PM
In randomly playing one day, I encountered a Japanese girl, and once we started using the translator, we got along fine. So well, infact, that before she left, she said "For you", and dropped all her money, the doublesaber she'd been using, a photonclaw, and two or three other nifty hard to find items, as well as a few digrinders. She left before I could properly thank her.

LoserMLW
Mar 5, 2001, 05:06 PM
Acel, you are right. The two I were running with seemed to be communicating with two separate character sets, so they may not have been Japanese...I made the assumption, and I apologize. Let me amend the title of this thread to say, "The kindness of the Asians" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Rei
Mar 5, 2001, 06:44 PM
I believe most Asians use Japanese PSO. So don't assume they're all Japanese. You might see Taiwanese,Hk, Tailand, China,Indonesia...etc