PDA

View Full Version : Level cap at launch

Anon_Fire
Dec 17, 2010, 11:44 AM
Whenever more information about PSO2 is released, what do you think the level cap should be when the game goes live?

Kenbog
Dec 17, 2010, 12:20 PM
I hope they don't follow the footsteps of blue burst and universe and instead give us a decent level cap like lv200, like they did with PSPo2.
Or like with PSO on Dreamcast Version 1 = Lv100 Version 2 = Lv200.

Anon_Fire
Dec 17, 2010, 12:46 PM
I hope they don't follow the footsteps of blue burst and universe and instead give us a decent level cap like lv200, like they did with PSPo2.
Or like with PSO on Dreamcast Version 1 = Lv100 Version 2 = Lv200.

Dustina, PSU never started at 200. It was LV50 at launch

Reksanden
Dec 17, 2010, 03:04 PM
LV200 sounds good.

Kimil Adrayne
Dec 17, 2010, 03:09 PM

He didn't say PSU started with lvl 200 at launch.

Googlebonker
Dec 17, 2010, 03:44 PM
Possibly 100. It would give us plenty to do from launch, yet leave plenty of experience levels left for expansions and updates.

I still want to see how they`re going to approach gameplay in this game. PSO and PSU were games of instances - possibly several teams and/or soloers running the same Mission, but not together in the exact same environment. In my opinion, it`d be interesting to see SEGA take a step into the world of an MMO while still keeping the PSO gameplay. One world where certain instance situations happen, but also where there are server-shared environments where enemies appear.

What do you think?

Kenbog
Dec 17, 2010, 04:11 PM

I indeed didnt say that, what I did say was that I hope SEGA don't do the same as blueburst and universe
They both started at a low level cap (and low on content but that is off topic)

AlexCraig
Dec 17, 2010, 05:42 PM
200 sounds fine to me *Shrug*

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 17, 2010, 05:47 PM
200 would be awesome

Jinketsu
Dec 17, 2010, 05:50 PM
If 200 isn't the cap, and there comes to be plenty of room to expand (and utilize the level expansion towards a content expansion to keep things challenging), then 200 sounds good. Otherwise, I'm down with a 50 cap, to see content unlock later on with a level cap increase.

I'm a casual player, so I don't mind having to wait. Chances are when I reach the highest level and end up waiting in anticipation for a level cap increase, I won't have to wait long. My bets are on not even having the highest level before they implement a level cap raise, though. :P

Zarode
Dec 17, 2010, 05:51 PM
200 takes forever to get to anyways (shut up, TTFers), so I'm down with a 200 limit at start. Hell, if they leave accounts with open slots beyond one character, most people will never reach the cap because they keep making alts...

I'm just as guilty, honestly.

DoubleJG
Dec 17, 2010, 09:25 PM
100 at first, 200 is they plan on releasing an expansion.

Or maybe 200 off the bat if they plan on incorporating a Rebirth feature similar to PSPo2.

Seth Astra
Dec 17, 2010, 09:27 PM
^This, basically. Make it so that 100 takes a good amount of time to reach, if they do the former.

BWS-1
Dec 17, 2010, 11:17 PM
No cap could be nice, an interesting change.. just keep on going! You'll be in this FOREVER*

*assuming they ''evolve'' from the necessity of having to anchor characters to servers, otherwise that might just mean 3 to 4 years ;p

Kent
Dec 18, 2010, 12:11 AM
100, and then increase the level cap with the release of substantial expansion packs - key word being "substantial;" not micro updates, but full-on expansions to the game, such as new episodes.

xmoonprismpowerx
Dec 18, 2010, 12:30 AM
Yea, whatever the cap, IF I can play the game I'll probably only work on 1-2 characters ><

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2010, 05:03 AM
They better have a lot of start up content if the caps starts off at lvl 200...

Then they have to worry about expansions and new content way later being boring unless people are expected to constantly make new characters. e_e

I'm fine with the way PSU built up...as long as it doesn't happen as slowly and drip fed...and as long as we don't get half-assed said "starting content" where online mode was only 1/4th of the disc...

I'm sure we can trust sega if we're getting treated like jp does, which I say when I bring up gobal servers, which I keep bringing up in other "speculation of fuckups sega should avoid" threads.

Niered
Dec 18, 2010, 01:20 PM
Heres a thought, rather than being a bunch of curmudgeonly pirates like they were with PSU, why don't you just make all of the games content, available when you INSTALL THE GAME? *gasp!*

If sega wants to do one thing that will instantly turn me off of this game, all they need to do is announce "10 years of content, gaurunteed!" and then back that up by locking shit on the disc for upwards of 2 years.

I know this is an old thing, but seriously? Fuck you sega, that was lower shit tier business practice and you know it.

Unit_24
Dec 23, 2010, 01:24 PM
I would be happy with a level cap of 50-70.

I'm not a big fan of the level thing just because the more levels there are, the more it causes people to grind and lose interest because it will take forever to hit the cap. Most games the level is actually a meaningful factor to your gear and instances that you can enter but PSO didn't use it. Yes, the stats where the factor and the level influcenced this but lets face it, a full POW/MST mag and you where using weapons that should never have been avaliable to you early in anyways.

If I can get the same stats at level 70 that I would at level 200, then yes, because this means I can enjoy the end-game content sooner and not worry about grinding to lvl 200.

LionHeart-
Dec 23, 2010, 08:29 PM
It would be nice if it was 100 cap to begin with because having level 200 would be a bit to much tbh. You would just get the 'Iwannabelevel200first' players racing for the title (but it always has been like that I guess).

The level 50 cap on PSU wasn't bad at the time, as exp seemed quite hard to achieve but it took like a year or more just so it reached level 100, which was ridiculous. The level capped only got upp'd when events arrived and sometimes new levels, or waiting reaaaally, long for content updates.

Hoping this game will succeed both PSO and PSU, I wouldn't mind seeing more additional levels to expand the character lifespan or use the extra exp or something useful.