PDA

View Full Version : Game Attention Tales Fans

Astarin
Dec 19, 2010, 11:59 AM
http://www.talesunion.com/news/first-tales-of-xillia-trailer-released--1461.html

I know there are a few other Tales of... series fans on these boards, so I thought I'd post this for those who haven't seen it yet.

The first real information for the next mothership Tales game has been released: Tales of Xillia, for the PS3.

The link above includes the first trailer for the game, as well as some basic info. The game will feature two protagonists, Jude and Mira, and seems to be geared towards co-operation of those two. Players are able to choose one at the beginning of the game, and the story will revolve from their perspective for the rest of the game. The battle system will allow you to link up artes from the two characters in battle, as shown in the trailer.

The staff seems to draw on members of both Team Symphonia, and Team Destiny, for those who follow the series. Responsibility for character designs is shared between Mutsumi Inomata and Kosuke Fujishima, with each one of them designing one of the protagonists. Motoi Sakuraba returns as composer, with Ayumi Hamasaki voicing this game's theme song. A different animation studio, ufotable, will be handling the animated scenes this time around. IIRC, they're responsible for the current Tales of Symphonia OVA.

Discussion?

McLaughlin
Dec 19, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hopefully it makes out over here.

Rashiid
Dec 19, 2010, 01:40 PM
Didn't Tales of Graces just come out? lol
Let's hope we get that, let alone worry about this.

Edit: Nevermind, the PS3 port for Japan just came out or is about to. Strong feeling they've given up on NA/EU for the Tales series ; ;

Astarin
Dec 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
That's kinda how it looks, doesn't it? They haven't made a move to localize a Tales game in a few years, now. :S

I'll be very disappointed if that's the end, as this is easily one of my favourite franchises. But it looks like we're out of luck for Graces as well, so I'm not holding my breath.

Ceresa
Dec 19, 2010, 02:29 PM
PS3 is region free, just import and be happy you've done all you can, Namco sure won't do shit for Western fans. They aren't particularly hard games to pick up and play and the story is throwaway so...

Rashiid
Dec 19, 2010, 02:44 PM
My friend imports them with a Japanese PSN account, but I just can't play entire RPG and all I see are a bunch of squiggles. Sure I can just look for translations, but then that ruins the whole "play first without any walkthrough then go back and finish it 100%" fun. :-?

Xefi
Dec 19, 2010, 03:31 PM
Namco Bandai is trolling the western gamers again. they are
blaming the western developers for their poor recent games release.
the fans want Tales game, but Namco says "no" in their faces.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6285442.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B19

We found the quality and development speed of titles made for us by the overseas studios to be lacking," Ishikawa said. "Foreign studios can still propose and develop games, but our Japanese staff will control the process more closely."

yes, just blame it on the western developers for your sorry crappy games.
why not just give the fans what they want instead? Namco is getting really
more and more pathetic in my book.

Heck, i'm looking forward to Disgaea 4 more than the Tales games because
that game will come over to the U.S. :cake:

Tales of Xillia is looking very nice. but then again, Namco bandai is just trolling us (NA) again.

and

1) bring Tales games over here
2) release in both 360 and ps3 to please everyone
3) They actually sell
4)???
5)profit

Nicktendonick
Dec 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
Yea, I don't have high hopes for it coming here. It honestly pains me to say that.

Tales of Symphonia got me hooked, Abyss was one of my favorite games of all time, and now I just feel slighted at all this.

I wonder why no other company has wanted to take the chance to try to publish and do all the translation work to the tales games.

If it comes, goodie. If not, I'll wait for the translation patch and enjoy it. For games with actual stories, I don't want to play a game I won't understand. I don't have a PS3 anyway...and figuring the way they're doing these games, the "non-beta" full content version will be Xbox 360 or the Wii anyway.

Xefi
Dec 19, 2010, 04:11 PM
I wonder why no other company has wanted to take the chance to try to publish and do all the translation work to the tales games.

they did. Companys like Xseed, Atlus, and Nippon Ichi were asking if they can publish
and localize "Tales of Vesperia PS3" to NA/EU. but what did Namco Bandai did? they stick
a middle finger at them and said "N.O." :pizza:

now i'm just wondering if Namco Bandai is just runs by a bunch of stupid idiots.

McLaughlin
Dec 19, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hopefully they lose the license or someone else offers them a good enough deal to localize future Tales games. I know there are a few companies interested.

It's pretty sad and I always think twice now before I buy a game from Namco Bandai. On the other hand you have companies like Ubisoft that translate games like Armored Core: For Answer knowing full well it's not going to be a AAA title, just because they know fans want those games over here.

Randomness
Dec 19, 2010, 07:16 PM
they did. Companys like Xseed, Atlus, and Nippon Ichi were asking if they can publish
and localize "Tales of Vesperia PS3" to NA/EU. but what did Namco Bandai did? they stick
a middle finger at them and said "N.O." :pizza:

now i'm just wondering if Namco Bandai is just runs by a bunch of stupid idiots.

Who turns down Atlus?

Ceresa
Dec 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
Atlus would first have to ask someone with a game of value to be turned down. For a company that specifically targets low budget crap to localize they sure have a dedicated fanbase.

Apparently shit and niche are synonyms to atlus fans. I guess 10 cent soundtrack cds that waste shelf space are good things too? They can't even bring over their own first party titles, Growlanser where are you?

Randomness
Dec 20, 2010, 12:52 PM
Atlus would first have to ask someone with a game of value to be turned down. For a company that specifically targets low budget crap to localize they sure have a dedicated fanbase.

Apparently shit and niche are synonyms to atlus fans. I guess 10 cent soundtrack cds that waste shelf space are good things too? They can't even bring over their own first party titles, Growlanser where are you?

Demon's Souls. Shin Megami Tensei. Etc.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 20, 2010, 01:01 PM
holy crap that trailer was awesome!

Akaimizu
Dec 20, 2010, 02:07 PM
Demon's Souls. Shin Megami Tensei. Etc.

Point taken. That's definitely where their fans are. Play those, myself.

FoCaster
Jan 2, 2011, 08:08 PM
Tales of Graces, potentially for 2011 Q1 release outside of Japan

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=146290

McLaughlin
Jan 2, 2011, 08:36 PM
Fingers crossed then.

Rashiid
Jan 2, 2011, 08:50 PM
Gimmie gimmie gimmie!

Astarin
Jan 3, 2011, 12:13 PM
Sounds like an overly optimistic assumption, that isn't based on anything. But, I'd love to be proven wrong.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 5, 2011, 05:21 PM
i certainly hope it's right, i would love to play tales of graces

Flash Ranger
Jan 6, 2011, 12:10 PM
I absolutely love the tales series. I'm so hyped for this one. I'll be importing it if if doesn't get a US release.

Kurono
Jan 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
Having played Graces, it's amazing why it hasn't been released outside of Japan. May not rank as game of the year but certainly would do really well if Namco Bandai put some marketing power behind it.

Personally I think they should lower their sales expectations. Look at Sega releasing the Yakuza games in EU/US, although without a dub, is a huge move.

Did anyone see this? Old news I know.
http://kotaku.com/5568531/end-of-story-for-tails-studio
Tales Studio in debt. No wonder, they don't release their games outside of Japan, nor do they allow outside companys to pick up the rights to them.

McLaughlin
Jan 14, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm sure they'd do better over here if they put any effort whatsoever into marketing them.

FoCaster
Jan 14, 2011, 11:35 PM
Tales of Xillia Screens
http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/01/14/tales_of_xillia_screens/

On a somewhat related note, Tales Characters cameo in Venus & Braves
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/14/venus_and_braves_screens/

leviayurashyguy
Jan 15, 2011, 01:21 AM
Namco is the most trusted game developer in Japan; it's not a too far'fetched idea for them to turn down Atlus.

Atlus wasn't soley behind Growlanser Generations (II & III). Working Designs did most of the localization and it was a bang up job. Atlus obtains supremecy and releases Growlanser IV. Guess how that faired...

Atlus, much like all the other J publishers, bring over it's share of crap titles. and even though there are diamonds, they only release a limited quatity so the games then become unreasonably rare and expensive.

Namco is a bunch of trolls. there isn't a single official localized Tales game on the DS.\!

Bakazuki
Jan 15, 2011, 07:56 AM
Bamco is definitely a group of trolls, and they're sadistic about it. Not only have they been openly refusing to localizing Tales, they're utterly silent about the games they would merely have to publish. Like .hack//LINK, the purportedly last game installment of franchise. Saying nothing even after a semi-organized attempt to nab their attention a few weeks ago.

Kurono
Jan 15, 2011, 04:15 PM
Not personally bothered about .hack//link. Seemed like a poor way to end the francise in it's current form. Would of prefered a PS3/360 .hack game.

Anyway Namco Bandai are more focused on games that bring profit at a lower cost. Obviously translating and dubbing an RPG would be more expensive than translating a fighting game, or a game like Katamari.

Back on the Tales subject. Tales of Innocence, and perhaps Tales of Hearts are the only 2 decent Tales DS games. Tales of.. er failure the first one that came out was horrid.

I'm wanting a Tales of Graces F english release. I haven't touched the PS3 graces game. Have the Wii one. Had that funny Asbel glitch.

Palle
Jan 16, 2011, 04:05 PM
I demand Yuri Lowenthal for a localized Graces, but only when the chibi Haseo Xth costume is worn. At all other times the voice returns to normal.

Xefi
Jan 16, 2011, 11:50 PM
Bamco is definitely a group of trolls, and they're sadistic about it.

i guess they have nothing better to do than torturing their fans, huh? they're VERY successful at doing just that. :/

Kurono
Jan 17, 2011, 02:52 PM
Tales of Xillia Screens
http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/01/14/tales_of_xillia_screens/

Only two main characters shown so far? Game looks good but not sure what to make of that.
Hope they reveal more soon, if they haven't done so already.

Also Milla has a tifa like chest, who wants to guess there will be an outfit that shows more of said chest in the final game?

McLaughlin
Feb 2, 2011, 07:22 PM
Small moral victory. (http://kotaku.com/5750272/tales-of-graces-f-is-coming-to-america?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kotaku%2Ffull+%28Kotaku%29)

Small glimmer of hope for Xillia to make it over here, at least.

Randomness
Feb 2, 2011, 07:43 PM
Oh hell yes.

McLaughlin
Feb 2, 2011, 07:54 PM
Namco Bandai is also publishing Armored Core 5 in North America and Europe, which I'm pretty stoked about. Hopefully all this is a sign of more to come.

Xefi
Feb 2, 2011, 09:30 PM
i'm very happy that they finally decided to localize. Tales of Graces f
looks like it's going to be awesome. can't wait. :3

i have a feeling i'll be hearing a lot of "Thunder Bolt" when playing this
game. almost like Rita and her "blah blah blah...Tidal Wave" spams. :cake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwEWjIIqZ0&feature=related