PDA

View Full Version : Rare Enemies

CrashXAndXBurnX
Dec 23, 2010, 07:24 PM
Ok. I've been hunting Hildeltorrs for several month's now. I've been repeatedly running Forest of Sorrows, and nothing. Anyone know the odds of finding a rare enemy?

AlexCraig
Dec 23, 2010, 07:49 PM
If you are talking about GC, my brother told me it is different for every enemy. For hildetorrs... 1/1324 he says

CrashXAndXBurnX
Dec 24, 2010, 06:12 PM
If you (or your brother) could supply odds for the spectrum of rare enemies, that would be awesome

AlexCraig
Dec 24, 2010, 07:49 PM
PAL RAPPY- 1/567
AL RAPPY- 1/495
NAR LILY- 1/481
MIL LILY- 1/497
HILDEBLUE- 1/1213
HILDETORR- 1/1324
LOVE RAPPY- 1/5223
POUILLY SLIME- 1/992

sCI
Dec 24, 2010, 09:42 PM
In all of my games, saves, etc....I have naturally only come across maybe 3 hildetorrs.....But then again Forest is seldom visited by me. I'm more of a Caves/Ruins person.

CrashXAndXBurnX
Dec 24, 2010, 11:58 PM
yo guys whats up this isnt Crash im just using his account. you can call me Tyler. Me and Crash have been pso partners since we found it. anyway as Crash posted weve been hunting for hildertors in our attempt at a frozen shooter. in the midst of running the forest over and over i came accross a few very large El Rappies and i started to wonder...is there any significance to their size, or is it just to make people laugh?

AlexCraig
Dec 25, 2010, 12:01 AM
Large rappies are just a nod back to the old days of Phantasy Star. There is no difference between them and normal El/Pal Rappies.

CrashXAndXBurnX
Dec 25, 2010, 12:03 AM
ohhhh ok gotcha thanx bro

SuperRichy
Dec 25, 2010, 06:10 AM
PAL RAPPY- 1/567
AL RAPPY- 1/495
NAR LILY- 1/481
MIL LILY- 1/497
HILDEBLUE- 1/1213
HILDETORR- 1/1324
LOVE RAPPY- 1/5223
POUILLY SLIME- 1/992

Is that for PSP2 or PSO???

FoCaster
Dec 30, 2010, 04:51 PM
If you are talking about GC, my brother told me it is different for every enemy. For hildetorrs... 1/1324 he says

So where does the 1/512 constant rate come into play? BB or GC online?

AlexCraig
Dec 30, 2010, 04:53 PM
Is that for PSP2 or PSO???
PSO

So where does the 1/512 constant rate come into play? BB or GC online?
Hell if I know, this is just info that he learned a while back and posted elsewhere.

FoCaster
Dec 30, 2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks~

Ketchup345
Dec 30, 2010, 06:07 PM
1/512 is fairly common to be seen, as it is a nice power of 2 commonly used in computing, and I believe it was Tycho who did an extended survey on rare enemies once and came up with a number very close to 1/500 or 1/512.

FoCaster
Dec 30, 2010, 09:54 PM
1/512 is fairly common to be seen, as it is a nice power of 2 commonly used in computing, and I believe it was Tycho who did an extended survey on rare enemies once and came up with a number very close to 1/500 or 1/512.

So to which version of PSO does the number that Tycho calculated correspond? GC/XBOX/BB? Because 1/~500 sounds A LOT better than 1/~5000 for a Love Rappy find ^_^

Mantra1039
Jan 6, 2011, 01:35 AM
hi i was just curious if anyone knew whether or not playing on certain days of the year influences the chance of rare mosters appearing?...
i pretty well never see any rare mosters...like ever....and im a level 126...
but when i played on new years day i actually found 3 mil lilies (without any telepipe trick) over the course of 7 cave 1 runs and found 2 sange's from the first 2 that appeared O_o....
and on top of that i've been running caves on ultimate over the course of the week since (trying to find red sword/chain sawd) and haven't found another =S
PS i know that 3 mil lilies in a couple of hours of play sounds rediculous but i swear its true and if it'd do anything id be willing to post a video with the sange's i found.

-Thanks!

VioletSkye
Jan 6, 2011, 02:14 PM
If this is for GC, I'd say it's pretty doubtful. If that were the case anyone could set their GC's clock to a specific day in hopes of getting better drop rates and ST would never allow that kind of control lol. Holiday themes, Holiday Rappies, drop rates for items could all be controlled server side, but client side, there isn't much of anything you can control. Sounds like you got really lucky!! Congrats on your finds :)

Mantra1039
Jan 6, 2011, 10:51 PM
Ya it was on the GC =/, and ya i agree that it'd be pretty easy to just set the clock on your GC....that is unless it causes a reset effect for the timer like on many nintendo ds games...so youd have to wait at least a year past your last time change. i know this is stupid, im really just trying to come up with some kinda rational reason instead of my current response, which is; "I just seriously distorted the laws of probability"....and i also really wanna do it again =P

VioletSkye
Jan 7, 2011, 12:26 AM
I remember years and years ago doing the Waterfall Tears quest and in the room with all the Lilies I found two Mils. Every once in awhile people would post pics of their finding two or more rare enemies in the same room and I remember somewhere hidden in older posts is a pic showing two or three Holiday Rallies (St. Rappy I think.) The only other time I found more than one was in Forest 1 where I found two Al Rappies :) Players used to swear that beat time also affected rare drops but I don't remember anything definitive ever being proven one way or the other in regards to that. Turn the clock back and try it out. You have nothing to lose :D

FoCaster
Jan 7, 2011, 10:40 PM
But Beat time isn't synchronized unless one went online at one time with the GC, correct?

VioletSkye
Jan 8, 2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah. When you went online I believe the server handled the beat time for everyone. But back years ago there were discussions about offline Beat times affecting drops also and as far as I can recall I don't remember anything substantial in terms of whether or not that was true. Made for some interesting topics though :)

Tweengo
Jan 14, 2011, 12:43 PM
Over the years I have been fortunate to see rare enemies (Gamecube offline) plenty of times, some with the pipe trick and some just by doing random runs. I remember the first time I saw a Hildeblue on my first Temple run. I piped out to get some mates and found 2 Hildebears instead :( I thought that Hildeblue was a standard Episode 2 enemy.
Mostly I just pipe and hope for the best (that's how I got my Berdysh, Pinkal ID).
And my advice? Make a cup of coffee, get some biscuits and just pipe your Gamecube to death if you're really desperate for a rare enemy (then prepare to find a monomate after an hours piping from X rare enemy :( ).

NegaTsukasa
Jan 20, 2011, 04:49 PM
Ok. I've been hunting Hildeltorrs for several month's now. I've been repeatedly running Forest of Sorrows, and nothing. Anyone know the odds of finding a rare enemy?

In Soviet Russia Hildetorrs hunt youuuu!!! in which case, what is your odds of being found by one?
XD

I've ran into a hildetorr only once out of all the years I've played. and I got killed by its megid.
the rarity is absurd.

Tweengo
Jan 26, 2011, 02:15 PM
I've seen about 5 or 7 :D ......with piping of course

Kirukia
Jan 26, 2011, 04:35 PM
I hunted Hildetorrs for my Frozen Shooter.
Ran Forest of Sorrows about 7 times and got my FS on the first drop >__>
Now THAT was luck o__o

Cielo
Jan 27, 2011, 08:54 PM
In Soviet Russia Hildetorrs hunt youuuu!!! in which case, what is your odds of being found by one?
XD

I've ran into a hildetorr only once out of all the years I've played. and I got killed by its megid.
the rarity is absurd.

Hahaha that's hilarious. I think the same thing happened to me. I ran into one on my first run through of ultimate mode and didn't know it was special. I turned my back on it for one second now its got my head on its mantel.