PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems with the 'other' PS game

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 24, 2010, 01:31 PM
man, i'm about to give up on playing PS0 for the DS. Can never get a steady connection. On 3 different locations (home, starbucks & mcdonalds).

Does the PSP have these kinds of connection problems? I would really like to play an online PS game without installing PSO/PSOBB on a PC & taking my netbook out.

fires nuklear misssssssile at nintendo HQ
oops sorry did i do that? :etongue:

Rashiid
Dec 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
It has its lag, but disconnecting isn't that much of an issue. At least it isn't for me.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 24, 2010, 02:11 PM
oh hai i was FINALLY able to connect. In FreePlay mode. it was fun.

WOLF was the guy i was playing with. Had twin guns & kept pulling off some matrix-like diving shots & spins. wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cool. I want to do that.

Altoh
Dec 24, 2010, 02:13 PM
depends, cuz from what I remember the PSP has a better wifi capability then the DS, even though PSPo2 is probably the only psp game (outside of japan) that can play online with out a form of Ad-Hoc tool or ps3. Also you got to take into account your ISP.

Rashiid
Dec 24, 2010, 02:28 PM
I don't play PSOZ so I don't know what one is capable of doing in that, but in PSPo2, guns have a "charge" shot which is basically the Photon Art for guns.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 24, 2010, 02:31 PM
depends, cuz from what I remember the PSP has a better wifi capability then the DS, even though PSPo2 is probably the only psp game (outside of japan) that can play online with out a form of Ad-Hoc tool or ps3. Also you got to take into account your ISP.

DS= 802.11 a/b (the worst s--t connection out there.

the PSP, whether it does a/b/g or just a/b seems better.
Web browser on the PSP also superior. hands down!

Bovrillor
Dec 24, 2010, 08:22 PM

Indeed, the PSP's wifi is far superior... and there are in fact tonnes of games that use online (aka infrastructure) play without requiring Ad-Hoc tools or a PS3.

Fox2Tails
Dec 24, 2010, 08:55 PM
PSP can connect to a WPA-protected router, unlike a DS/lite

Mike
Dec 24, 2010, 09:01 PM
Since the game is hosted on the first player's (red player) PSP, if the host has a crappy connection, the other people in the party will have a bad connection. If the host has a good connection, then it's up to the individual players.

pso_crash
Dec 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
I have had the opposite experience myself. My DS has a pretty good connection, but my PSP never seems to have a good connection unless I am very close to my router :/

Izuna
Dec 25, 2010, 12:49 AM
Indeed, the PSP's wifi is far superior... and there are in fact tonnes of games that use online (aka infrastructure) play without requiring Ad-Hoc tools or a PS3.

Nope, DS has a stronger signal and also has to send/receive less data. PSZ should have smoother gameplay than PSPo2 across the wan. Maybe you're connecting t unfortunately slow people! =)

Reksanden
Dec 25, 2010, 01:47 AM
I have had the opposite experience myself. My DS has a pretty good connection, but my PSP never seems to have a good connection unless I am very close to my router :/

Mine is like that, but swap the systems.

leviayurashyguy
Dec 28, 2010, 10:30 PM
PSZ doesn't lag, ever. you must have crappy connection to your router which is likely to happen on non secure public wifi

have you ever even took the time to consider what the error codes mean? it's not difficult, you just go to nintendowifi.com and plug them in.