View Full Version : Ever wonder how?

Blue-Hawk
Dec 26, 2010, 10:47 AM
Characters in games can carry so much and where they put it? Well, wonder no more. These idiot... I mean fine gentlemen have answered that for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucw-zW_Q7P4&feature=player_embedded

Wayu
Dec 26, 2010, 10:52 AM
Do you have a streaming version that isn't blocked by the firewalls of China?

-Wayu

MetaZedlen
Dec 26, 2010, 10:53 AM
It's quite simple really:

They have mastered Item Compression technology, meaning that they somehow have something, whether tangible or intangible, that allows them to store every item they possess somewhere, and when a certain item is needed, a simple command is used for that item to magically appear for its use.

Monochrome
Dec 26, 2010, 03:14 PM
It's quite simple really:

They have mastered Item Compression technology, meaning that they somehow have something, whether tangible or intangible, that allows them to store every item they possess somewhere, and when a certain item is needed, a simple command is used for that item to magically appear for its use.

Heh, just like PSO..

Rashiid
Dec 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
I thought all pockets were able to hold x99 potions.

Split
Dec 26, 2010, 06:49 PM
Do you have a streaming version that isn't blocked by the firewalls of China?

-WayuI don't know if this works, but I'd be surprised if it was blocked since it's not potentially harmful to the Chinese government the way Facebook and Google (and all of their subsidiaries, such as youtube) are. That was the only bad part about living in Shanghai.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=1835

Shakuri
Dec 26, 2010, 08:24 PM
Tis called Hammerspace

Akaimizu
Dec 27, 2010, 10:51 AM
I remember Monkey Island 2 in which they started to make fun of themselves and graphic adventures, for the ability for characters to carry impossible amounts in their inventory. Guybrush's coat was magical. :)

On the movie: Funny how they used some Apple soundbites for the music in the sketch.

Pirrip
Dec 27, 2010, 07:45 PM
Don't they call them Nanotransers in Phantasy Star Universe? The item storing devices?

Wayu
Dec 27, 2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks, Split. Good to know Red vs. Blue isn't blocked here.

Edit: Nevermind. Page loads, but not video...

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Dec 27, 2010, 11:20 PM
I'd be surprised if it was blocked since it's not potentially harmful to the Chinese government the way Facebook and Google (and all of their subsidiaries, such as youtube) are.

Wait, how's Facebook, Google, Youtube, etc. "harmful" to Chinese government...? I don't really know anything about that situation.

Wayu
Dec 27, 2010, 11:32 PM
It's because they ain't Communism.

In all seriousness, it's because they can turn up info that makes China look bad.

-Wayu

Split
Dec 28, 2010, 03:04 AM
It's because they ain't Communism.

In all seriousness, it's because they can turn up info that makes China look bad.

-WayuYeah, basically this. So instead they have their in-country substitutes that can be much more easily monitored and regulated, e.g. Youku and Tudou.

Orange_Coconut
Dec 28, 2010, 03:06 AM
Kind of stupid, but whenever I think about inventory on a video game character I always remember this comic:

http://www.rpgworldcomic.com/d/20010311.html

One of my friends linked it to me a long time ago and I remember finding it amusing. I haven't read the rest of it, but I thought some other people here might appreciate it.

Wayu
Dec 28, 2010, 03:24 AM
Keenspot's banner is Lightning's eyes. Hm.

And that comic is pretty funny.

-Wayu

Reksanden
Dec 28, 2010, 03:34 AM
In Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, your Felyne comerades somehow manage to carry an infinite amount of bombs just as big as they are(there are bombs as big as the hunters themselves, but you can only carry 3 at a time).

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 9, 2011, 08:11 AM
that video was hilarious