PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Odd quirks

Ryd
Dec 29, 2010, 08:44 PM
I've noticed several times with skills, I occasionally jump straight to the second part of the PA; much like how you could in PSU, but without the weapon switching. I haven't been able to replicate it on demand, but it's cropped up enough to make me curious about it. Seems more frequent after blocking a string of attacks.

Also, Damgrants. Has anyone else noticed that it randomly seems to hit almost twice as fast as it normally does? Especially nice in story/multi mode, where it can rack up a chain obscenely fast. Again though, no idea what causes this.

Haven't seen either of these noted anywhere else.

Mike
Dec 30, 2010, 04:29 AM
I've noticed several times with skills, I occasionally jump straight to the second part of the PA; much like how you could in PSU, but without the weapon switching. I haven't been able to replicate it on demand, but it's cropped up enough to make me curious about it. Seems more frequent after blocking a string of attacks.

Also, Damgrants. Has anyone else noticed that it randomly seems to hit almost twice as fast as it normally does? Especially nice in story/multi mode, where it can rack up a chain obscenely fast. Again though, no idea what causes this.

Haven't seen either of these noted anywhere else.

I've never noticed either of these but from the way you explain the damgrants one, it sounds like the difference that happens between playing offline and online due to lag / lag reduction.

Wayu
Dec 30, 2010, 04:34 AM
Also due to lag, Dus Skadd's final throw can lose or gain a hit.

-Wayu

Ryd
Dec 30, 2010, 05:00 AM
I actually spend the majority of my time in story mode, which is where these "bugs" have taken place.

The damgrants one happens more frequently, and it doesn't seem to be a matter of lag; every now and then it seems to kick into overdrive and hits (and chains) significantly faster than it normally does, which is already semi-impressive in story mode. The hits are perfectly rhythmic from the first to the last, not erratic. It seems to happen more often with weird attack angles; for example, starting a cast by clipping the edge of an enemy's hitbox with the edge of the beam. It's not consistent though; if I were to guess, I see this once every 10 runs or so.

The one that skips the first part of a PA has only happened with Infinite Storm, but I can count the number of times it's happened on one hand. Disinclined to think I imagined it due to it only happening after instant guarding, and finishing the second portion of IS within a chain at a count far lower than what should be possible.

zombiemoshpit84
Dec 30, 2010, 02:13 PM
did you do the 1st part of the P b4 you perfect blocked? maybe the p block counts as part of the combo id like to test this

Ryd
Dec 30, 2010, 06:15 PM
The chain would have faded sooner if that worked. Infinite Storm requires a chain of around 20 for the full PA; the chain counts when it happened were much lower, and there's no way I was getting chains that high with 3 AI partners anyway.