PDA

View Full Version : Item Ragol Ring

FoCaster
Dec 31, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hi there,

Is the Ragol Ring obtainable in the offline GC version? With PSO+, Seat of the Heart is available offline, but can one obtain the shield from the quest?

Broken_L_button
Jan 1, 2011, 02:58 AM
Yes, you obtain the shield from that quest if it's available, but you need to do a certain series of events (mainly following the Bernie-Sue subplot in EP1's quests) to make Elly give it to you. Be warned that obtaining the Ragol ring prevents you from getting the Soul Eater from Kireek on that difficulty.

EDIT: Note that Seat of the Heart isn't available offline for the normal version of PSO GC, so you can't get it offline on that one.

Googlebonker
Jan 1, 2011, 01:01 PM
Ragol Ring? Could you tell me how to get it? : D

FoCaster
Jan 1, 2011, 07:24 PM
Ragol Ring? Could you tell me how to get it? : D

This article describes the steps needed to obtain the ring.
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1208

Yes, you obtain the shield from that quest if it's available, but you need to do a certain series of events (mainly following the Bernie-Sue subplot in EP1's quests) to make Elly give it to you. Be warned that obtaining the Ragol ring prevents you from getting the Soul Eater from Kireek on that difficulty.

EDIT: Note that Seat of the Heart isn't available offline for the normal version of PSO GC, so you can't get it offline on that one.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm actually playing on PSO+, so I can access the Seat of the Heart Quest. It's only one ring per difficulty, correct? =p

Googlebonker
Jan 2, 2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you!

NegaTsukasa
Jan 3, 2011, 01:42 AM
I think that ring is only usable once and then its gone for good because it has the effects of a scape doll. If so I would assume it is only for collectible or fashionable purposes. Unless... you're serious enough to use it in battle.

FoCaster
Jan 7, 2011, 10:39 PM
Then, any suggestions for lvl 100+ equipment?

zandra117
Jan 8, 2011, 12:06 AM
Although this only applies to Blue Burst, for those interested in story some of the Government, Lab, and Episode 4 quests have extra dialogue if you play through them with the Ragol Ring equipped.

NegaTsukasa
Jan 20, 2011, 04:53 PM
Although this only applies to Blue Burst, for those interested in story some of the Government, Lab, and Episode 4 quests have extra dialogue if you play through them with the Ragol Ring equipped.

I'm not surprised. The ring just feels like one of the game items meant more for recreational or event purposes than for actual battle.

FoCaster
Jan 23, 2011, 01:31 PM
If the Ragol Ring's not suitable for combat, what would be a reasonable shield for lvl 100 characters?

Broken_L_button
Jan 23, 2011, 07:03 PM
Well, IMO, anything that doesn't vanish upon player death and that has the resists to suit your needs. Defensive gear in this game has, sadly, little to no use out of these 2-4 uses:

-providing slots for slot units
-raising your elemental resistances to make you able to NOT get OHKO'ed by enemy techs
-Boost techs/set bonuses
-getting +20 ATA (RA wall/RR)

Then again, the resistance issue becomes moot since most resistances (even EDK) are only needed in EXTREMELY rare cases (ie: Epsilon rafoie, level 30 Megid traps and Ultimate Falz' rabarta/rafoie/Grants if you can't tank them/avoid them. All other techs can be easily dodged/tanked and their effects can be dealt with easily). The merges (which provide the tech bonuses) are only useful if you're a force or using buffs/debuffs a lot as a fleshie while Set bonuses can be a pain to gather. So, right now, I'd say to get the common shield with the level req closest to your current level from the shop and you'll be fine.

Radori Nighthawk
Jul 3, 2015, 09:38 PM
Oh good, this thread answered my question I just posted on GameFAQs.

Thank you!

SStrikerR
Jul 4, 2015, 08:40 PM
I always wonder how people manage to find these threads without noticing how old there are. But hey, it's the PSO forum. It's dead here anyway. No harm no foul.