PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Demo Information/Changes

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mike
Dec 31, 2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1423&pictureid=16803

The demo is up, get it by clicking the red button at the site below.

When: Januaray 11th, 2011 for the demo, January 20th for infrastructure mode

What do I need? You will need a PSP, a memory card with at least 600 megabytes free, and if you wish to play online a PSN account, and a wireless internet connection

Where: Via the PSN, official website (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2i/trial/download/), UMD, or at one of the demo kiosks at participating Sega arcades.

How: PSN: Just download it.

PC: Download from the official site, connect PSP via USB, and then copy to the correct folder on your PSP.

UMD: Load the UMD and play. You'll be able to install the demo to any memory card with at least 600 megabytes free as well.

Internet Multimode: Download the Trial Licensce, available from January 20th, from the PSN. There will be a limited amount of these available so download yours early.

What can I do?
Raise your character level to 100
Raise your type levels to 20
Play the first two chapters of episode 1
Play the first chapter of episode 2
Use the Friend Search function
Play online from January 20th
Experience the new Visual Lobbies
Try out the new Infinity Mission system
Download missions
Participate in certain collaborations missions and use certain collaboration items
Take screenshots
Play certain battle missions
Play challenge missions
Customize your room

What can't I do?
Rebirth
Play most S-rank missions
Change your room music
Save more than 8 characters

Character Importing and Bonuses

PSUJP: Name, race, sex, parts/clothing carry over. As a bonus, you get one of four visual units (based on type) and the Exam saber.

PSPJP: Name, race, sex, parts/clothing carry over. As a bonus, you get one of four visual units (based on type) and the Exam saber.

PSP2JP: Everything, including items and partner card list, carries over. As a bonus, you get 4 Fusion (Phusion?) Codes to use to combine weapons. However, when you import a file with characters over the limits imposed by the demo, those characters will have their character levels frozen at their current state.

Related threads
Screenshot/Movie thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184769)
Finds and Accomplishments (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184770)
Visiphone Passwords (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170244)

Do not post or ask for links to the leaked version of the demo.

Dhylec
Dec 31, 2010, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a little new year present from Sega. The lv100 cap looks like a long running demo.

Noblewine
Jan 1, 2011, 02:47 AM
I should probably look into this. I haven't really read much about infinity to avoid spoilers but I like the sound of Rebirth ability.

sdre34
Jan 1, 2011, 12:27 PM
If I download this demo off of the official site, I'll be able to play it on an American PSP as long as I put it in the right folder, correct?

Pavichokche
Jan 1, 2011, 12:44 PM
If I download this demo off of the official site, I'll be able to play it on an American PSP as long as I put it in the right folder, correct?

Yes, it should be no problem. Too bad this won't be translated anytime soon. I'll probably get it and just take a first look and forget it. No point if I don't understand any of it...

TheAstarion
Jan 1, 2011, 12:45 PM
Should be able to (PSP games are region-free), but you won't be able to load US main game data for the transfer.

sdre34
Jan 1, 2011, 12:50 PM
Should be able to (PSP games are region-free), but you won't be able to load US main game data for the transfer.
I'm going to attempt the story demo. No online though, because I can't get the license(?). Even if I could, everyone'll be talking in JP.

Ami
Jan 1, 2011, 01:48 PM
There are quite a few of us that will be getting the demo as well, myself included.

But with the licenses being in limited supply there's a chance that most of us won't be going online either. But with 8 slots and the character limits higher than PSPo2's demo...yeah you might not even miss it.

pso_crash
Jan 1, 2011, 02:11 PM
Right on. It will be nice to play around with the demo a bit. Maybe it'll convince me to import the game when I finish PSPo2.

kongajinken
Jan 1, 2011, 04:13 PM
If your character is over level 100 then what?

Ami
Jan 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
It stays at the level you import it at iirc, you just won't gain any experience.

Wayu
Jan 1, 2011, 10:18 PM
What about the PSPgo? Does that have enough space to get the demo? ^^;

-Wayu

Ami
Jan 1, 2011, 10:27 PM
What about the PSPgo? Does that have enough space to get the demo? ^^;

-Wayu
They suggest you have 600mb+ free in your memory to download it. So as long as you have that much, then the type of PSP shouldn't matter.

If you're going to abuse the screenshot function like me, then more is better.

Wayu
Jan 1, 2011, 10:28 PM
I only have PSP2 on the thing, so goody.

-Wayu

GUARDIANDNL
Jan 2, 2011, 12:03 AM
you too Wayu...XD i love my Go...anyway...this will be an awesome demo. XD

kongajinken
Jan 2, 2011, 12:57 AM
Move all your psp save files onto your computer to make room?

aozora
Jan 2, 2011, 02:02 AM
One of the PSPo2i supporter cafe's(https://www2.sega.co.jp/PSP2i/supportKit/) leaked the demo by accident yesterday. There might be copies of the files floating around.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/2133854.html

Mike
Jan 2, 2011, 09:28 AM
You will be temporarily dropped down to 100/20 for the demo. When the retail version comes out, you'll get returned to your original levels.
This was not correct, sorry.

But with the licenses being in limited supply there's a chance that most of us won't be going online either.
I don't think they'll be that limited.

One of the PSPo2i supporter cafe's(https://www2.sega.co.jp/PSP2i/supportKit/) leaked the demo by accident yesterday. There might be copies of the files floating around.
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/2133854.html
It doesn't look to leaked to anyone besides the person who posted the vid on Niconico at the moment.
It may be worse than I thought.

Ami
Jan 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
I don't think they'll be that limited.
Well I'm just thinking in case there's a lot of people in Japan that's excited about this game as much of us over. Worse case scenario, y'know.

If me and my friends can get the licenses, kickass. If not, that's okay. The offline play is good standalone >w>

And didn't they deliver like a swift hammer swing about that leak? In any case, Imma be downloading via PSN. I'm too lazy to do it via computer @~@.
that reminds me, I need to get my PSPo2 save data off my usb and put it on my 1gb before the demo comes out.

Para
Jan 2, 2011, 11:40 PM
I wonder if its possible to import english character to the japanese infinity demo?

Bask
Jan 2, 2011, 11:51 PM
I highly doubt so, since that couldn't be done with the US PSPo1 save file and JP PSPo2.

If you REALLY can't wait and want to though, your best bet is to c-/shot

Ami
Jan 3, 2011, 12:14 AM
I wonder if its possible to import english character to the japanese infinity demo?
Nope, there's no legit way to import from US PSPo2 to Infinity. But I say get the demo regardless of that.

EDIT: Bask, love that signature image O ^Ob

SammaeltheDark
Jan 3, 2011, 01:29 PM
There are quite a few of us that will be getting the demo as well, myself included.

But with the licenses being in limited supply there's a chance that most of us won't be going online either. But with 8 slots and the character limits higher than PSPo2's demo...yeah you might not even miss it.
I'll be on the demo, but I'm not even going to attempt to get and online license for the demo. Even if I did get one, chances are I won't have much time to play it so it'd be better to let someone else have it who might have the time.

I'll just be using the demo to get a head start on a Dewman character.

Here's a question: I wonder if you'll be able to import characters from different locations to a single save file in the official game? I'd like to import the Dewman I make from the demo, but then import my main from PSP2 because I'm still working on getting my character to 200.
I ask because I think I remember being able to do something similar for JP PSP2. I imported a character from the demo, and then another from my PSU JP account.

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 3, 2011, 01:41 PM
Here's a question: I wonder if you'll be able to import characters from different locations to a single save file in the official game? I'd like to import the Dewman I make from the demo, but then import my main from PSP2 because I'm still working on getting my character to 200.
I ask because I think I remember being able to do something similar for JP PSP2. I imported a character from the demo, and then another from my PSU JP account.

That....is an interesting question actually...

TheBlackMage
Jan 3, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think you'll be able to do that. I'd be quite surprised if we were unable to do so.

Gintoki-kun
Jan 3, 2011, 04:51 PM
Damn I have no school on the 11th,lucky me as I can go to my JP account and download it.

Izuna
Jan 3, 2011, 04:56 PM
Nope, there's no legit way to import from US PSPo2 to Infinity. But I say get the demo regardless of that.

No legit way? Maybe, but it's pretty darn easy. All you gotta do is have both regions and save with a plugin installed, move the files over, then that's that!

A lot of people wanted JPSPo2 files converted when the English version came out, so I had quite a bit of work to do. It doesn't damage to save to go to and from regions.

Ami
Jan 3, 2011, 05:02 PM
No legit way? Maybe, but it's pretty darn easy. All you gotta do is have both regions and save with a plugin installed, move the files over, then that's that!

A lot of people wanted JPSPo2 files converted when the English version came out, so I had quite a bit of work to do. It doesn't damage to save to go to and from regions.
ie without using cfw and what not. But that's another topic entirely.

DoubleJG
Jan 3, 2011, 06:33 PM
Made enough room for the demo on my memory stick. Now to enjoy Valkyria Chronicles 2 as much as I can before this demo launches.

@ Izuna, were you taking requests for EN -> JP conversions?

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 06:42 PM
Btw guys Shotgun Charge shot 2 is almost TOO good and Sword swing increase is like double the speed.

kongajinken
Jan 3, 2011, 07:03 PM
Awesome maybe I'll start using swords more.

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 07:30 PM
Changes found from the demo:

Rods cast faster.
Rest is a lot faster
Swords are double speed
Axes hit twice per attack but their speed isn't much better
Diga Knocks down instead of knocks back
Gizonde now knocks down
When charging the flash is the same colour as the element of the weapon
Bogga Ranpa does more damage but PP cost is 70 instead of 60
Twin Claws has a new running pose
Techs while strifing DOES add to the chain count
Ra and Simple techs can be fired while strifing (Only Square button techs can work)
Razonde no longer launches but has a speed increase
Newmans also have a and HP increase (200HP more as a Female Vanguard)
Force gets a TP boost
The P. Wand now has it's old PSO Animation

Melee PA Changes:

(Note: All but one PA mentioned are level 15 due to Ranger restriction and % only applies to the first part of the PA)

Gravity Break:
ATK 185% -> 195% PP 80 -> 70

Spinning Break:
ATK: 165% -> 180

Tornado Break:
ATK: 135% -> 155%

Bogga Danga:
ATK: 115% -> 125%

Bogga Robado:
ATK: 155% -> 135%

Dus Skadd:
ATK: 135% -> 125% PP: 70 -> 80

Dus Robado:
ATK: 155% -> 165%

Spiral Dance:
ATK: 145% -> 150%

Absolute Dance:
ATK: 225% -> 245% PP: 60 -> 40

Anga Grudda:
ATK: 145% -> 135%

Anga Dugrega:
ATK: 155% -> 175%

Anga Jabroga:
PP: 100 -> 80

Splendor Crush:
ATK: 125% -> 135%

Cross Hurricane:

Blade Destruction:
ATK: 115% -> 100% PP: 70 -> 80

Moubu Seiren-zan:
ATK: 135% -> 145%

Renkai Buyou-zan:

Hishou Jinren-zan:
ATK: 155% -> 165%

Bukuu Rensen-ga:

Chueiji Tosshin (Lvl 10):
ATK: 170% -> 180%

Souhacho Sekka:
ATK: 205% -> 195%

Rensan Senshou-ga:

Gravity Strike:
ATK: 125% -> 130%

Spinning Strike:
ATK: 150% -> 165%

Infinity Storm:
ATK: 95% -> 100%

Rising Strike:
ATK: 135% -> 135%

Shisoku Tenkai-zan:
ATK: 100% -> 120% PP: 90 -> 80

Shunbu Shouren-zan:

Bukuh Saien-zan:
ATK: 100% -> 115%

Vivi Danga:

Vivi Dezza:
ATK: 195% -> 215%

Vish Grudda:
ATK: 100% -> 115%

Choto Kantsu-jin:
ATK: 135% -> 155%

Chikki Kyoren-jin:
ATK: 145% -> 165%

Retsuzan Souhi-jin:
ATK: 105% -> 125%

Rekku Chouhi-jin:
ATK: 125% -> 155% PP: 80 -> 70

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 3, 2011, 07:38 PM
Rods cast faster.
Rest is a lot faster
Gizonde now knocks down
Techs while strifing DOES add to the chain count
Ra and Simple techs can be fired while strifing (Only Square button techs can work)
Razonde no longer launches but has a speed increase

Highlighted my favourites, BOOYAH!, My force shall be very happy :-D

Shakuri
Jan 3, 2011, 07:39 PM
Changes found from the demo:

Rods cast faster.
Axes hit twice per attack but their speed isn't much better
Gizonde now knocks down
Bogga Ranpa does more damage but PP cost is 70 instead of 60
Techs while strafing DOES add to the chain count
Ra and Simple techs can be fired while strafing (Only Square button techs can work)
Force gets a TP boost

Good news. Hopefully this all remains unchanged for the final release.

Now all that is left is having a new Wand that is actually powerful (Kongara compared to Psycho Wand in PSU powerful). I had the thought that they'd make the Dam-Techs the mobile ones, Ra-Techs being the AoE mobile Technics is not a bad idea either.

I am especially satisfied with the TP boost, I am hoping it is significant.

kongajinken
Jan 3, 2011, 07:42 PM
Diga not knocking back sounds amazing. Most of that list sounds amazing.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 07:58 PM
200 more HP. That's a lot >.<

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 08:03 PM
Check my post again, melee PA values are up

VorpalLord
Jan 3, 2011, 08:05 PM

how are you playing the demo, if i may ask =o

TheBlackMage
Jan 3, 2011, 08:06 PM
There was a leak a while ago if I'm correct.

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 3, 2011, 08:06 PM

Hmm, may make a HUcast a little more difficult...

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:07 PM
A leak of the real, final version?

Also, everything but Dus Skadd and Blade Destruction got boosts, huh. Figures.

They still need ATA ups >.<

-Wayu

TheBlackMage
Jan 3, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure if its the full demo or not but I've been hearing rumors that it was leaked. I'm assuming the demo is complete but they might still be doing some bug tests before the release date.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:12 PM
It was leaked and shut down quickly, methinks. Huh.

-Wayu

kongajinken
Jan 3, 2011, 08:13 PM
A leak of the real, final version?

Also, everything but Dus Skadd and Blade Destruction got boosts, huh. Figures.

They still need ATA ups >.<

-Wayu

Doesn't dus skadd give 120%?

VorpalLord
Jan 3, 2011, 08:13 PM
There was a leak a while ago if I'm correct.

Yeah, true. Why not post the download, would that be against some sort of rule? I dunno i can wait 6 days lol.

Also he posted a screen of lvl 170 or something characters when the demo cap is 100. o.o

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:15 PM
Doesn't dus skadd give 120%?

For Blade Destruction, specifically. 80% at lv. 20 makes hits miss 50% of the time >.>

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, true. Why not post the download, would that be against some sort of rule? I dunno i can wait 6 days lol.

Also he posted a screen of lvl 170 or something characters when the demo cap is 100. o.o

I would rather not run the risk of being banned XD.

And it is the demo and when you transfer characters over their levels stay the same but you gain no EXP if your over 100.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:18 PM
^

I don't think so >.>

-Wayu

VorpalLord
Jan 3, 2011, 08:19 PM
I would rather not run the risk of being banned XD.

And it is the demo and when you transfer characters over their levels stay the same but you gain no EXP if your over 100.

Very interesting. tbh I'd rather it be the way Mike/psublog explained it.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 3, 2011, 08:26 PM
So someone on the forums managed to get their hands on the leaked version? Nice. I am also curious to know if this is the final version and not a release candidate that is a version or two away from gold though.

It's about 6 more days to the actual release of the demo though. Sigh.

I wonder if any of the demo copies are signed ones though. It's possible that if it were, it could get detected as such once the actual infrastructure servers are online. Wouldn't be good for your chances at getting an online code if that were the case

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:32 PM
The demo's via PSN, too. Need to get my PSN up and working...

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 08:35 PM
Plus the Demo version I have doesn't work on my CFW PSP. So it's an offical version.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:36 PM
Bleeeeh. We need Mike to clarify whether or not the level cap is a forced 100 or not.

-Wayu

Ceresa
Jan 3, 2011, 08:37 PM
Instead of counting on Mike to have the leaked demo, why not get the leaked demo yourself?

Plenty of people around to share it. Though the DL speed is frustratingly slow now that rayo's post have me itching to see the rod cast speed with my own eyes...

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 08:38 PM
Bleeeeh. We need Mike to clarify whether or not the level cap is a forced 100 or not.

-Wayu

Well unless he has a demo version himself (Which I don't doubt tbh), he'll only be able to relay the info given in Mag issues and other media. The level 100 cap is forced on the character if they are NOT above level 100 and will continue to gain EXP until they reach the 100 point. If you are above 100 when you transfer your character you are frozen at that level until the full version comes out.

WBMike
Jan 3, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm here don't worry.

I wrote on my blog, "You can also import all data from your Phantasy Star Portable 2 Japanese save. If your character is above Level 100 and type level 20, your character’s status will stay as it is and will not gain any EXP or Type Points."

ちなみに現在レベル100を越えている方は、セーブデータを引き継ぐとレベルやステータスは
据え置きで引き継がれます。
ただし、その状態で戦闘を行っても、経験値が入手できなくなっています

When you are above level 100, your level and status stays as is. When it is in this state it does not gain any exp

Then this commenter wrote:
"Natchu96
I can just imagine people online calling you a hacker when you are playing an imported lvl 160… http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

"

This word 据え置き means you keep something as it is, or unchangeable. But the word in english comes out as "deferment" which can also mean postpone out of context. I used the stay as is definition to be safe.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 08:52 PM
Okay, so then how would I get the 'shared' demo? I don't think posting links to a download place would be okay on the forums, though...Google, I suppose.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Jan 3, 2011, 08:57 PM
PM's maybe?

I'll probably wait a couple more days for the final release, or at least until I can determine using the leaked demo will be safe. Either way it comes to the same thing anyway.

A quick question Rayokarna. If your character is above the level cap, but your class level is not, do you still gain class points?

Rayokarna
Jan 3, 2011, 09:00 PM
PM's maybe?

I'll probably wait a couple more days for the final release, or at least until I can determine using the leaked demo will be safe. Either way it comes to the same thing anyway.

A quick question Rayokarna. If your character is above the level cap, but your class level is not, do you still gain class points?

You should do, but I haven't tested it.

Lol...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110103122217.jpg

Crystal_Shard
Jan 3, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hahaha! Is that a hentai oyaji Wynarl I see there? Oh dear, I fear for what he has been teaching Nagisa all this time.

Anyway, you should probably put some of those in spoiler brackets Rayokarna. Best to give those who don't want to be spoiled early a chance. ^_^

Ami
Jan 3, 2011, 09:11 PM
Wynarl just became cool with that one screenshot.

I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

Pavichokche
Jan 3, 2011, 09:20 PM
WOW...I didn't even think of it until I read what you guys said...his face certainly is priceless if you think of it that way xD

Delp Slami...

Lucky 777
Jan 3, 2011, 09:26 PM
So did whips,slicers and cards get buffed? Because they are my favorite weapons and really underpowered at that. Also from what I read my force will be very pleased. LETS GET OUT DAT CAKE AND CHAMPAGNE PEOPLES AND HAVE US A FORCE PARTY!!!

Also from what I can see one story pic is all it takes to prove Episode 2 is superior to Episode 1.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 3, 2011, 09:31 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110103122217.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

In Emilia's case, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

And I'm glad that Swords have gotten quite the boost in both its speed and PAs. And also glad for Skad and BD's nerf. Although I did notice Absolute Dance got one hell of a boost.

And glad to see that Tech strafing can in fact add to the chain.

FOkyasuta
Jan 3, 2011, 09:43 PM
Inst that the guy from Kof? Just "ancientfied?"

Ceresa
Jan 3, 2011, 09:56 PM
Stat buffs for f cast 200 / 30 (ra and fo are 25/24) so the boost might be slightly higher

hunter
+48 hp
+35 ata
+71 tp

Ranger
+92~ def
+70~ acc
+20~ tec
+10~ mst

force
+124 hp
+46 def
+62 acc
+150 tec
+70 mst

braver
+49hp
+40ata
+64tec

Massive PP reductions on techs at lvl 30 my god, like holy shit, pwands 70% is fucking worthless in the best possible way. Some weakening and buffs for dmg of course too...

Foie 7pp, Diga 12 -10%, Barta 8, Zonde 8 -5%, Megid 10, grants 18 029%
All Ra 18, rafoie -20%, rabarta -20%, razonde -25%, radiga -20~25%, ramegid -30%
All Gi 26, gifoie -10%, gibarta -20%, gizonde -15%, gidiga -10~15%
Nosdiga 34 , other nos 30
megiverse 10 -10%
Damfoie 5 -20%, damdiga 5 -20~30%, damgrants 6 -10%, dambarata 7 -40% wtf? dammegid 6 -30~35%

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/20110103205358.jpg

Crysteon
Jan 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Inst that the guy from Kof? Just "ancientfied?"

Lol Benimaru...You're right xD

[spoiler-box]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ct0xEOULmW0-qM:http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2889/benimaru.jpg&t=1
ROFL....
[/spoiler-box]

Lucky 777
Jan 3, 2011, 10:00 PM
Forgive me repeating this question but are whips,slicers,and cards buffed? Also PP reductions on techs? YES INDEED!

Finally someone at SEGA must have their head screwed on straight when it came to the forces.

FOkyasuta
Jan 3, 2011, 10:06 PM
Thats some nice status there.

Guess i wasn't the only one.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 10:09 PM
So there are now two people with the leaked demo.

Jealous >.>

-Wayu

Ceresa
Jan 3, 2011, 10:10 PM
My god the rod swing animation is nearly instant...

Also Max Attack Cross and Fiery Onslaught in story mode...with piss easy story mode stats.

Gifoie is knockdown now too...<3 force

Shakuri
Jan 3, 2011, 10:13 PM
My god the rod swing animation is nearly instant...

Good.

Now I question how much the Sa-Techs cost, although with the obvious buffing to Forces it'd just be an added bonus if they were cheap as well. At least now I can rebirth with confidence that I do not have to be level 140 to make the best use of Force ability.

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 10:14 PM
Right. Ceresa. PM how you got the demo? ^^;

Or don't, if it's against the rules of the forum.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 3, 2011, 10:17 PM
It's amazing! It's like someone at SEGA actually read through all the complaints about techs being weak, and Forces in general, and actually DID something about it! Forces may finally be a playable and fun class without being a painful drag.

BTW, with those with the leaked demo, how are the Dewmans?

Lucky 777
Jan 3, 2011, 10:17 PM
Great now I can finally stop using my Motav Prophecy/Denish Mari combo all the damn time lol. Also are you allowed to change charge shots on the demo?

Wayu
Jan 3, 2011, 10:42 PM
It was leaked somehow and immediately stopped.

-Wayu

Crysteon
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM
I looked for it in japanese, but didnt find it at all...lulz.

Also, I'd rather wait until the official release, 'cause cfw users need a patched version of it, especially because japanese use to release their games with the PSP current firmware configuration.

Ceresa
Jan 3, 2011, 10:52 PM
Type Points

Max 1 A 237
Dragon S 254 (yes that shit 3 min dl mission, now with story mode stats)
Plains Overlord A 80

If those values hold onto retail game...lol

Rifle charge shot 2 fires a fixed distance in front, guess twinhandguns with charge 1 remain the weapon of choice for gunning bosses.

Foverse 13 25pp 53% dmg
Sabarta 13 32pp 33% dmg
Diverse 14 5pp 14% dmg
Nagrants 9 36pp 44% dmg
Samegid 10 50pp 90% dmg

Full 3 cast of sabarta had the chain at 4 on 3 enemies by the time my rod was back to rest, duration got it up to 8-9. Hits up to 3 targets at this level, can hit same target in multiple spots. Note that time my rod goes to rest with the new speed is like animation of a twin saber speed, sabarta charge time was instant...

Foverse doesn't add to chain, can break, fast attacks but weak power...

Diverse is shit, emptied my pp with dodge rolls, then over the duration of 10 seconds I gained about 80pp back, it only drained from one enemy of the 3 in range as well. Normal pp regen is halted during the cast, I suppose if it worked on other players to raise it that would be ok.

Nagrants beams are like lasers, hit multiple targets, like lasers won't hit multiple on same enemy, kinda meh

Only one samegid on field at a time, stationary very small range, can only hit one target on an enemy, maybe one target at a time too.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 3, 2011, 10:53 PM
I doubt you'd find it in the wild at this point.

You'd need someone who has it already to transfer it to you, and if I recall correct, the size is quite substantial, so it'll take a while. I doubt someone would host such a huge file either and risk a massive flood of leechers DDOSing his/her web hosting company.

Drawers
Jan 3, 2011, 10:58 PM
Omg I'm so happy to hear all these things, are there transfer titles?

What does Sabarta look like as it matures? Like a tornado?

One last question, what does Samegid look like?

Shakuri
Jan 3, 2011, 11:05 PM
I see. I'm thrilled to hear Gifoie is no longer knockback and instead knockdown (as it should have been in the first place). I never disliked the Force class of this game as is, so at the very least it's just going to be more enjoyable for me now.

I'll wait until I can acquire the demo to see the difference in my stats, since I'm at 200/30 with my FOnew, I will be able to see the complete increase at that point.

kongajinken
Jan 3, 2011, 11:31 PM
It feels as if adding "added new class type force" into the infinite change log wouldn't be that far fetched.

Kierto
Jan 3, 2011, 11:54 PM
At first glance it seems Dumans slot in like so when it comes to stats at level 1. Basically Dumans have worst defences across the board but no idea on growth yet (stats are a bit wacky at level 1 remember so who knows what the future holds).

HP: Be > Ca > Hu > Ne > Du
ATP: Be > Du > Ca > Hu > Ne
DFP: Hu > Ca > Be > Ne > Du
ATA: Ca > Du > Ne > Hu > Be
EVP: Be > Ne > Hu > Ca > Du
TEC: Ne > Du > Hu > Be > Ca
MST: Hu > Ne > Be > Ca > Du
END: Hu > Ne = Ca = Be > Du

And slower PP regen than Beasts.

Level 1 Duman stats, excuse my makeshift formatting:

HU | RA | FO | BR/VA

Male
HP: 85 | 81 | 81 | 108
ATP: 76 | 56 | 53 | 63
DFP: 17 | 15 | 11 | 14
ATA: 36 |45 | 32 | 38
EVP: 15 | 17 | 18 | 20
TEC: 42 | 48 | 81 | 63
MST: 11 | 17 | 23 | 14
END: 5 | 5 | 5 | 5

Female
HP: 81 | 77 | 77 | 103
ATP: 72 | 54 | 51 | 60
DFP: 17 | 15 | 11 | 14
ATA: 38 |48 | 34 | 40
EVP: 15 | 17 | 18 | 20
TEC: 44 | 51 | 85 | 66
MST: 11 | 17 | 23 | 14
END: 5 | 5 | 5 | 5

(Seems Dumans have equal gender defences at the start this time, were generally a point or two off on other races in vanilla PSPo2)

Various ability observations:
'Hi-Speed Technique' (tech cast speed up) costs 3 ability points.
'Advanced Technique' (tech power up) costs 2.
'Auto-Mate 50%HP' and 'Auto-Mate 35%HP' cost 1 point each.
'Rate Boost Attributes' (seems to boost element % of weapons and armors) costs 2.
'Escape Master' (2 Scape Dolls) costs 3.
'Just Guard HP Absorbtion'(?) and 'Just Guard PP Absorbtion' cost 1.
'Just Guard Master' (seems to be extension of Just Guard window?) costs 1.
Manufacturer 'Freak' abilities cost 1 each (no sign of Kubara Freak yet..).

EX Trap damage nerf confirmed. There is also some new Trap ability I can't really be clear with the description of yet. 'Trap Breaker' (1 point) or something.

FOkyasuta
Jan 3, 2011, 11:56 PM
Huh. Good to know... Good to know...

terrell707
Jan 4, 2011, 12:03 AM
welcome to PSOW kierto and thx for the info :)

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 12:06 AM
EX Trap damage nerf confirmed. There is also some new Trap ability I can't really be clear with the description of yet. 'Trap Breaker' (1 point) or something.

Trap breaker reduces damage by field traps by 50%.

Nerfed damage at 200 with burst bomber
Virus 2205 > 1837
Regular 1890 > 1575
EX 819 > 525

Advanced Technique is around 15% more tech damage...
PP skillsave description officially says 20% reduction now, wonder if bullet/tech are same...

Weapon collection went from 70% to 50%, so if you happen to know the current amount of weapons, you can get a close approximation of how many new ones really got added.

Wonder if I can make my newman to 200 in time and still have spare stones for rebirth...

Also here's the new female hairstyles, you'll have to forgive my absolute absence of any paint talent though...

[spoiler-box]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/psp2ihair.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 12:15 AM
Is that Karen's hairstyle I see?

and I count FOUR long hairstyles without any default accessories on them (and I think out of those four is Pizza hut girl hairstyle without the hat)

I
LOVE
THIS
EFFIN
GAME

kongajinken
Jan 4, 2011, 12:17 AM
I like that mini hat and the new hair styles are all pretty interesting.

GUARDIANDNL
Jan 4, 2011, 12:18 AM
right now i have an incredible evil envy through my veins XD...

i want the demo to start my FOdewn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 12:23 AM
The Jealously I have it too. Also, Ceresa can you show the male ones too if its not too much trouble?

FOkyasuta
Jan 4, 2011, 12:25 AM
Hm. Needs more hairstyles, But its a demo, What'd else did you expect?

The Jealously I have it too. Also, Ceresa can you show the male ones so if its not too much trouble?

If shes not addicted that is. Cross your fingers pal.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 12:31 AM
Nice. I see several hairstyles I'm definitely going to use already there. I certainly hope there's more in the final version - I foresee we'll be seeing many characters cropping up with the exact same hairstyles at this rate.

Kierto
Jan 4, 2011, 12:38 AM
Trap breaker reduces damage by field traps by 50%.

Ah, yes. What a fabulous use of a point.

If I am right it seems the 'Freak' abilities boost the PA modifiers (10%?) of their respective makers rather than a ATP/ATA boost. But might be wrong there.

Hmm. Madoog rendered (even more) obsolete perhaps? Casting speed unchanged it seems. All hail our new Rod overlords.

No Rico hair for you.

Infinity Missions remind me of Guardians Boost Road stuff.

http://www.tinyimg.org/images/267up7213.jpg
BE MY FRIEND

Pavichokche
Jan 4, 2011, 12:39 AM
Wait WHAT? Is the demo out already? Where is all this stuff (screenshots, stats) coming from? I thought the date was something like the 11th...

AzureBlaze
Jan 4, 2011, 12:41 AM
These hairs look great!
Thank you for posting them! I'm not sure about the clipping issues some may have, but I'm liking that they don't seem to force goofy accessories onto you most of the time. I always liked that you could switch the hair so that it had no accessory (if you didn't like that particular one) in PSU regular...it was kind of a bummer when some styles got stuck with one.

Also: would like to request the guys styles as well if anyone's capped them all. Some of these girls ones are really inventive/strange, so I'm most curious to see what they'll do for dudes. *crossing fingers its not dumb...

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 12:43 AM
@Pavichokche: To reiterate, it seems that a few more enterprising members of the forums have managed to get hold of the leaked copy basically. Officially the demo is still being released in about 6 days time.

Seth Astra
Jan 4, 2011, 12:44 AM
Umm... Seth want PSP2i now... That's the best I can describe it.

Argroh Valdios
Jan 4, 2011, 12:52 AM
There probably would be more hairstyles available. Then again, it's just a Demo...

dear god I hope they add in B★RS stuff...

Also, what about the Male hairstyles, and CAST head types?

FOkyasuta
Jan 4, 2011, 12:56 AM
Were da hell is the Hit %? But seriously. FO's are makeing a comeback. Not a crappy comeback. A great Epic comeback. Brings a damn tear to my eye just to think about it...

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 01:10 AM
EVP: Be > Ne > Hu > Ca > Du

Should be:

Ne > Be > Hu > Ca > Du

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 01:16 AM
Correction: Diga Launches not knocks down.

My bad.

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 01:24 AM
^

How does that work lol..?

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 01:28 AM
Probably like Razonde I suppose? I always thought knockback was fairly realistic since it's a huge rock flying thataway. But I suppose we shouldn't talk physics here. ^_^

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 4, 2011, 01:29 AM
Ah, yes. What a fabulous use of a point.

If I am right it seems the 'Freak' abilities boost the PA modifiers (10%?) of their respective makers rather than a ATP/ATA boost. But might be wrong there.

Hmm. Madoog rendered (even more) obsolete perhaps? Casting speed unchanged it seems. All hail our new Rod overlords.

No Rico hair for you.

Infinity Missions remind me of Guardians Boost Road stuff.

BE MY FRIEND

A good question that is being asked whenever I see your screenshot is:

Why So Serious?

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 01:30 AM
Same lol.

So getting hit in the face with an exploding rock (in definition of Diga) sends you flying...up...

TOTALLY MAKES SENSE. Then again, it's fantasy. Meh.

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 01:43 AM
Urgh, Charge Shot 1 with Twin Handguns still misses on small enemies. Charge Shot 2 for it for it then.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 01:46 AM
Maybe they'll add an explosion underneath ala Radiga? Still won't explain the rock-in-face physics problem. At least knockdown would have been explained by "crushed by falling rock" as opposed to "slammed in the face by huge rock".

That mask really looks freaky though. At least I hope it's a mask...

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 02:00 AM
Think about it this way. At least functions better gameplay wise then sending them half a mile away being unable to followup attacks afterwards. I hope Diga still knocks Nano Dragons down it was one of the only ways for my force to shut them up.

Drawers
Jan 4, 2011, 02:00 AM
First of all, incredible quality photos. Secondly, omg the graphics look freaking retarded amazing. This game is going to be stupid good, so good that it's sickening. I can't stand it anymore, I want it now! I love the hair with the v-shape ends, and the ultra big hat.

^

How does that work lol..?

-Wayu

Lol, I was wondering the same thing about changing it's knockback effect. Knockdown would suffice, but I just don't understand...

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 02:04 AM
Think about it this way. At least functions better gameplay wise then sending them half a mile away being unable to followup attacks afterwards. I hope Diga still knocks Nano Dragons down it was one of the only ways for my force to shut them up.

Nos Diga is fun against Nano Dragons. It's so fun bullying them to death...
:whip:

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 02:09 AM
Only new CAST head atm

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204074022.jpg

Infinity Missions I've unlocked

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204080106.jpg

Drawers
Jan 4, 2011, 02:17 AM
That looks... awkward... big, unflatteringly badly detailed body with that teeny well composed head. Not a good look, but then again all of PSU's parts look like utter effortless crap.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 02:18 AM
can someone be so kind as to post screenies of the new male hair I wish to assess the male hair as well ; ~;

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 02:27 AM
You want a close up of Hyuga's new hairstyle and you know it lol. But besides the point I'm dying to see all of them too. :D

Hope not all of them are bishounen. But I can deal with it I like the Bishounen look sometimes.

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 02:30 AM
can someone be so kind as to post screenies of the new male hair I wish to assess the male hair as well ; ~;

Pictures taken, I'll pst them up when I get into Uni.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 02:30 AM
Oh no, I already know his hairstyle is in there based on previous screens that Sega did. But I just wanna see the male styles too. I have a male alt and I could never find a sorta flowly one that isn't too long for him. So I wanna know if I need to keep his hairstyle or not D:

Edit:Thank you Rayo, you're a sweetheart *gibs Hyuga shaped cookies*

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 02:39 AM
New female hair styles. I like. We got our long hair ^^;

BTW, how about new clothes?

-Wayu

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 02:43 AM
I don't think you can access the clothing shop in the demo so it's most likely the default outfits that are gonna be new in the demo

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 02:45 AM
You got long hair now game needs moar Trenchcoats. And for Girls this time around please! For males there's so much of them I'm sick of trenchcoats! I want a gi or hakama that doesn't look freaking fugly for my beast.

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 02:46 AM
Not many PA acc changes, but here they are anyways:

Dus Scad Acc 120>90 lol
Absolute Dance Acc 100>110
Anga Jabroga Acc 90>100
Blade Destruction Acc 85>80
Chueji Acc 75>100

Don't think it matters much with the free accuracy buffs to every type + rebirth acc, but whatever...

Couple atk buffs I didn't see in the earlier list too, though I could be blind:
Grand Crusher 125>135
Ick Hick 230>235

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 02:49 AM
I think it depends on what shops are accessible in the demo version. I don't recall there having much options in PSPo1's demo, and I didn't play the demo of PSPo2 before buying it, but does anyone remember if clothing could be bought in either?

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 02:50 AM
I think it depends on what shops are accessible in the demo version. I don't recall there having much options in PSPo1's demo, and I didn't play the demo of PSPo2 before buying it, but does anyone remember if clothing could be bought in either?
You couldn't buy clothing or room/PM related stuff from the shops as I remembered in PSPo2 demo

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 02:51 AM
That probably settles it then.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 02:54 AM
But there is a chance that with the PSPo2i demo being bigger than PSPo2's they might have lifted it under limited restrictions.

Eh if it didn't Imma be spamming new character creation to get the new default outfits >o>

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 02:56 AM
You can access the clothing shop, only new outfits available are the new default ones for cheap, and all the old psp2 shop clothing as well, no need to remake chars to get them.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 02:58 AM
If anything, I'd say that if lifted, we'd be restricted to outfits we can get at the appropriate chapter. So we can get outfit accessible at chapter 2 at most for episode 1, and whatever new morsels that episode 2 chapter 1 brings.

Edit: whoops, posted too slowly.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 02:59 AM
THANK GOD I have a lot a meseta to burn

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:05 AM
Yay! Thank god my force is such a rich ***** I thought I'd be wandering around pointlessly with fat pockets in a demo for no good reason!

This may be dumb to ask but are there any new rares in the demo? *drools with insatiable hunger in anticipation*

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 03:06 AM
^ *points to Finds and Accomplishments thread and some of Rayo's early posts*

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:08 AM
Thanks Crystal Shard forgot about that thread lol. :D

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 03:10 AM
Um, I'm Crystal Shard, not Wayu. We just have the same avatar and tend to post almost simultaneously on the same threads on occasion. ^_^

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 03:23 AM
Loooool. Not again ^^;.

-Wayu

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:23 AM
Oh dear God I forgot to read! Sorry about that Crystal Shard I'm getting sleepy.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 03:24 AM
@Wayu: Yep. It happened again. XD Although first time it's happened to me I think.

@Lucky 777: No worries. Just having a little fun at your expense. ^_^

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 03:27 AM
I remember last time someone got pissed at me because he didn't bother looking to see who actually posted lol.

-Wayu

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:28 AM
Well I checked the other thread and I must say it is GRRREAAT to have more cards THAT ARE ACTUALLY CARDS! I dont feel like looking for Talis and jumping 11 levels to use it. Not only that Shidenji-Kikami was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE to find!

Also need some feedback on if whips and slicers are better! Oh and before I forget sorry I got you guys confused.

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 03:29 AM
Not to mention being 15 levels over being able to use any weapon in the game, yet not having a single 15* item >.>

-Wayu

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:32 AM
My only 15 star is Fenrir and some really weird crap went down when I got that sadly that was only one in my U.S copy I only got 13 star weapons in the JP copy.

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 03:44 AM
Lv. 166...then I can get Twin Kamui and Yiel Line...

But then Dragon Sakai will troll me more so meh.

-Wayu

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:47 AM
16 star weapons in Infinity Wayu, he's already trolled us before we knew what we got hit by.

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 03:49 AM
Depends on what new goodies we can get from Infinity as well imo. Twin Kamui is also one of my goals, but at level 115, it's still a long way to go for me.

Btw, to those who have the leaked demo, any fancy pants twin daggers yet? ^_^' I wonder if the sparkling wonder we saw in screenshots will be available in the demo as well.

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 04:03 AM
Those were claws, actually, the LAG weapons.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 04:07 AM
I remember they ended up not being daggers or something but I thought they were knuckles in the end?

Hmm, no matter anyway, since I'm just curious to know if they got included in the demo only. I suppose we shouldn't restart the epic confusion that happened figuring out what type of weapon it was in the end.

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 04:12 AM
It was displayed in the magazine some time ago. They were claws.

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 04:16 AM
Noted. ^_^ Thanks for the clarification Wayu.

Anyway, just repeating my question: Has that twin claw sparkling wonder appeared in the demo yet? And any fancy new twin daggers or dagger dropped for anyone?

On the topic of 16* weapons, I'm really curious to know what could be more powerful than the Elsydeon, Laevatainn and the Ely Sion, canon wise anyway. ~_~'

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 04:19 AM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082952.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082947.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082939.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082932.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082925.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082911.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082906.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082855.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082849.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082840.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082832.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082828.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082824.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082820.jpg

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 04:22 AM
#62: Kadaj
#60: Sephiroth with short hair

-Wayu

GeoSword
Jan 4, 2011, 04:27 AM
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/Rayokarna/20110204082932.jpg

Cool. They have Reeve's newman hair/headgear. I've seen Ana's as well.

Gemel
Jan 4, 2011, 04:29 AM
So far, I'm having mixed feelings about these new haircuts. I do like 61 though.

Thanks for sharing these with us.

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 04:36 AM
Anyway, just repeating my question: Has that twin claw sparkling wonder appeared in the demo yet? And any fancy new twin daggers or dagger dropped for anyone?

I haven't gotten any but I'll keep hunting the new enemies through out the day after Uni and update with anything I find.

Minor Notes:

Charge Shot 2:

Laser Cannon does high damage and launches. Has a bit of a strange hit box and only hits one target on an enemy. Has short range.

Shotgun does high damage and can hit for a total of 15 times if every bullet connects (which is highly unlikely). On the last shot it causes launch. Highly mobile, and high damage and can be spammed on a low chain. You can also change direction and re-lock on an enemy in mid animation.

Twin Handguns ones are kind of meh. Low damage but highly mobile, hits on small enemies with tall characters. Highly mobile and can re-lock in mid animation.

Crossbow does high damage and can hit up to 9 times if each bullet (Quite easy). Good for one enemy and causes knock down on the last hit.

Rifle: Has short range and does ok damage. The lag is quite bad and is a bit slow. Hits mulitple times. Looks cool but the ending pose makes you rooted to the ground.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 4, 2011, 05:50 AM
Male hairstyle #59: Flowen?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 4, 2011, 06:54 AM
56 and 59 both look like Flowen might use it.

Flome
Jan 4, 2011, 07:40 AM
Works on 6.35 OFW! Have fun!

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 07:42 AM
Is this allowed by the rules?

-Wayu

DarK-SuN
Jan 4, 2011, 08:01 AM
Very interesting information, I know a FO friend of mine who is going to LOVE this!
Now to wait for the official demo release or send my horde of ninja rappy followers to find ways of getting this leaked version...

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 08:03 AM
Very interesting information, I know a FO friend of mine who is going to LOVE this!
Now to wait for the official demo release or send my horde of ninja rappy followers to find ways of getting this leaked version...

^^;

No links, BTW.

-Wayu

Mike
Jan 4, 2011, 08:14 AM
No links.

DarK-SuN
Jan 4, 2011, 08:15 AM
Oh, I know, I didn't paste a link nor would I do so, I just said I was sending my horde of trusted ninja rappies to start looking for the demo. :)

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 4, 2011, 08:20 AM
Got a question....say I make a Dewman on Infinity, then, at a later point, import my character from PSP2, how would the shared storage work?

Mike
Jan 4, 2011, 08:22 AM
If the import works like it did with the PSP2 demo, the older save data would be overwritten because the game imports the entire save file not just single characters.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm mildly impressed with the male hairstyles.

And that's not because of Hyuga's hairstyle. Ashe's hairstyle might change. But I'm glad to see that the one I liked on Ami is actually a unisex'd one, the long one.

56 looks like Natsume's from the side.

Also, it's probably the morning and my mild half-sleep state kicking in but I lol'd that Hyuga's hairstyle is number 69 >/////<

Sorta offtopic, but I just realized there is an Infinity thread prefix now @~@

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 09:30 AM
Also, it's probably the morning and my mild half-sleep state kicking in but I lol'd that Hyuga's hairstyle is number 69 >/////<

No, it's just you.

-Wayu

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 09:32 AM
No, it's just you.

-Wayu
yeah, it's entirely too early for me to be a wisecrack pervert.

I'll do it later on

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 09:36 AM
BTW, is anyone else having a MIME error with the main forum area? I keep getting hit with Chinese advertisements each time I try to access it.

-Wayu

Mike
Jan 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
Sorta offtopic, but I just realized there is an Infinity thread prefix now @~@
We've actually had one for a few weeks now.

You and Lumia </usually thing>

BTW, is anyone else having a MIME error with the main forum area? I keep getting hit with Chinese advertisements each time I try to access it.

MIME error?

Try removing the Geolocating spyware/adware from your computer.

redroses
Jan 4, 2011, 09:58 AM
Oh, I am loving the good changes I hear about for forces! It was about time. From the stats I seen for Duman would they make good forces? Or should one still rather stick to Newmans? And while we are at it, what class would be the best for a Duman?

Ahhh, LOVE the new hairstyles, finally some long hair options <3

Also, are there different eye patch options for Dumans? I would extremely appreciate if somebody could maybe post some pics!

d19xx
Jan 4, 2011, 10:25 AM
I wish they would add an option to remove the mustaches.....

Malice913150
Jan 4, 2011, 11:13 AM
i read something about race restricted costumes being UNrestricted, like say the ceremonial wear i want my cast to wear so bad. can anyone check this?

Temprus
Jan 4, 2011, 11:18 AM
Parts will still be parts. Clothing will still be clothing. What they mean is that the restriction to race is removed. The defaults were all restricted, but no longer. A cast is stuck as they are, but the other races are not. Also, all hair restriction is removed.

Edit - I was incorrect about gender. Nevermind that. :p

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 11:18 AM
i read something about race restricted costumes being UNrestricted, like say the ceremonial wear i want my cast to wear so bad. can anyone check this?
Race restrictions are lifted. But parts and clothing are still separated. So no ceremonial wear for casts

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 11:30 AM
Dewman face types and eye patches, all the eyes are available for the right eye too of course.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/dewmanm.png

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/dewmanf.jpg

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 11:33 AM
YAY, so I can successfully create Akumi like how I want to :'D

GUARDIANDNL
Jan 4, 2011, 11:38 AM
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

question: are the mustaches removable?????

Kierto
Jan 4, 2011, 11:44 AM
More quick observations. Will post more pics shortly. Basically my 200 F Newman FO is bitchin' to the max with her rainbow Pwand palette.

Always cringe at the sight of 'PSO 10th Anniversary' as the game starts..

Lol at how Duman male has been made to be 'Handsome Man'. Almost all the faces provide maximum level of seriousness! Duman male gets some varying facial hair options as part of his 'Face Module' separate from the eyepatch (so yes you can remove the beards).

They finally realised having Select+Nub to rotate characters sucks because you end up changing the colours as you rotate in the salon. Is now Square+Nub.

I lied before. Rico hair is in for females, complete with glasses accessory and interchangeable hair colour streaks (the 'accessory' of this style).

http://www.tinyimg.org/images/97720110104163726.jpg

New title screen music is spunky - remix of the new Infinity theme tune, done as Living Universe was.

ATP and attribute % hacked equipment ported from vanilla PSPo2 is reverted to its default max stats. 80% is still the weapon attribute rate limit.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 11:44 AM
if you look closely, the face structure is the same and that's the same hairstyle throughout.

So it seems possible that the facial hair is in where the makeup and face paint is.

EDIT: RICO'S HAIR MY DARLING :D

redroses
Jan 4, 2011, 11:45 AM
Thank you very much, Ceresa! They look pretty interesting, for some reason I like the fourth eyepatch option for females the most.

Malice913150
Jan 4, 2011, 11:48 AM
...So no ceremonial wear for casts

i shed a silent tear...

the rest of infinity is too amazing to worry about one small thing like that anyways so i dont mind :D

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 4, 2011, 11:53 AM
5th male duman face along on the top row from the left, with that facial hair, along with the first eyepatch on the left.

Yum.

Hello Male Duman Ranger :D

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 12:16 PM
Massive PP reductions across the board for bullets, missing a few low tier cards and some of the special bullets though.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l218/aerawnt/psp2ppchanges.png

Crossbow Save bullet is fixed now as well to shoot 3 bullets at 21+

Full charge shot 1 point now too, though that might have been mentioned.

terrell707
Jan 4, 2011, 12:17 PM
Hows the difficulty in the game? is it like AoTI to PSUwhere the game is going to be a whole lot eaiser to the point where itll get boring fast? or PSO ep2 to PSO ep1 where the expansion complemented the game and made it a little harder?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 4, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hyuga getting his ass handed to him hard shortly into Episode 2...

That sells it for me. A shame you can't use the snapshot feature in cutscenes.

EDIT: Found out what they were. Nevermind ^^;

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hows the difficulty in the game? is it like AoTI to PSUwhere the game is going to be a whole lot eaiser to the point where itll get boring fast? or PSO ep2 to PSO ep1 where the expansion complemented the game and made it a little harder?

It feels easier but I'm completely overleveled. I can see when the level 200+ monsters are in the full game it will be tough.

Btw guys, Shields has gained a uber boos in attack power Artemis has 1328 ATK stat and Victory has 2419. A firend pointed this out to me lol.

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 12:45 PM

That sells it for me. A shame you can't use the snapshot feature in cutscenes.

Quick question: What are the 2 abilities underneath HP Bonus for Hunters?

Screenshot the abilities? If anyone has other types leveled there's going to be a massive list of skills that could be the 2 under hp bonus.

terrell707
Jan 4, 2011, 12:52 PM
It feels easier but I'm completely overleveled. I can see when the level 200+ monsters are in the full game it will be tough.

Btw guys, Shields has gained a uber boos in attack power Artemis has 1328 ATK stat and Victory has 2419. A firend pointed this out to me lol.

Did you already have a Jp char or did you port our char over from the US?

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
Did you already have a Jp char or did you port our char over from the US?

I had a JP character who got ported over to the EU version then back again for the demo. I didn't play on my JP version cause none of my friends were.

Astarin
Jan 4, 2011, 12:59 PM
Colour me impressed; men finally have good new hairstyles. I like them all. I'd even use a good number of them!

Cheers to seeing Reeve's PS Zero style in there. I'm fairly meh, regarding his hairstyle, but I actually love the sci-fi male newman bodysuit in Zero, and would love to use that in PSP2i.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 4, 2011, 01:14 PM
Okay so catching up on the 16+ pages that appeared in less than 24 hours

Why does everyone always forget Jean-Pierre Polnareff from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ch.3? He was the basis for Benimaru

I wish they would add an option to remove the mustaches.....
Those are wonderful power 'staches! They should have an option to ADD mustaches to any hairstyle! Note I didn't mention any male hairstyle...

I always joked that watch Dewmans be like permanently playing The Magashi Plan: They kill everything quickly but then die in 1 or 2 hits.

Any comments on how hard Infinity missions are? I thought they weren't supposed to be doable without the bonus stats from Rebirthing. I guess they meant if you were at the equivalent level?

And although highly stylized and animu-ish, I'm glad to see more long hair options for female characters. Especially considering I was going to make a female Dewman for the demo

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 01:16 PM
Any comments on how hard Infinity missions are? I thought they weren't supposed to be doable without the bonus stats from Rebirthing. I guess they meant if you were at the equivalent level?

There's infinity missions (short, randomized missions) and there's infinity difficulty, past S, not available in demo.

Kierto
Jan 4, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ugh, ugly EXPFULL still pops up on level 200 characters. That was removed from the US version.

These are all the abilities available on a 30/30/30/30 character ported over from JP vanilla. Expect more with rebirth and type level increase of course. Japanese readers get your caps on..

http://www.tinyimg.org/images/430ability.jpg

I maybe missed one or two of the old abilities at the beginning because of my sloppy counting, but all the new ones should be there.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 4, 2011, 01:27 PM
There's infinity missions (short, randomized missions) and there's infinity difficulty, past S, not available in demo.
Ah thanks for the clarification. Somewhere along the way I had gotten the two confused and thought they were one in the same.

sooooo even more content than I originally thought! \o/

Koiwai_Keiji
Jan 4, 2011, 02:07 PM
The fact that it has Rico's hair style and female cowboy hats (finally) is just amazing. Its great that you can keep an offline version of player characters to party with, people will probably come up with some amusing auto-words xD.

Broken_L_button
Jan 4, 2011, 02:15 PM
Ugh, ugly EXPFULL still pops up on level 200 characters. That was removed from the US version.

These are all the abilities available on a 30/30/30/30 character ported over from JP vanilla. Expect more with rebirth and type level increase of course. Japanese readers get your caps on..
[SPOILER-BOX]

http://www.tinyimg.org/images/430ability.jpg

[/SPOILER-BOX]

I maybe missed one or two of the old abilities at the beginning because of my sloppy counting, but all the new ones should be there.

TECHNIC Advance+ being available at Tlevel 30 (or earlier) and taking only 2 slots in infinity seems nice...IF it does what I think it does (boost all tech power by 10% or -hopefully- more). TECHNIC high speed + seems, as usual, like absolute trash, just because it takes 3 slots and because you can do without it if you place yourself correctly. At any rate...Time for me to get these Forces of mine to Tlvl 30 ASAP...

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 02:24 PM
Some of the techs (gifoie) are still a bit on the long side for chargetime, high speed+ probably worth it, if only because we have lots of point slots and not much else to put in.

Tech high speed +3
Tech advance+ 2 (had it at 24, so get it before the individuals lol, might just be like that for the demo though)
2-3 single tech advance 2-3

That's the 8 current points, still 4 more left to stack another 80tp, or evasion, or escape save, or status resists (so you can use more feril force!) or even automate lol or whatever 30-50 has in store. PP boosts aren't going to be raping 3 slots anymore with new pp costs, Burst Bomber isn't worth it compared to just raping them with techs either.

kongajinken
Jan 4, 2011, 02:28 PM
I haven't gotten any but I'll keep hunting the new enemies through out the day after Uni and update with anything I find.

Minor Notes:

Charge Shot 2:

Laser Cannon does high damage and launches. Has a bit of a strange hit box and only hits one target on an enemy. Has short range.

Shotgun does high damage and can hit for a total of 15 times if every bullet connects (which is highly unlikely). On the last shot it causes launch. Highly mobile, and high damage and can be spammed on a low chain. You can also change direction and re-lock on an enemy in mid animation.

Twin Handguns ones are kind of meh. Low damage but highly mobile, hits on small enemies with tall characters. Highly mobile and can re-lock in mid animation.

Crossbow does high damage and can hit up to 9 times if each bullet (Quite easy). Good for one enemy and causes knock down on the last hit.

Rifle: Has short range and does ok damage. The lag is quite bad and is a bit slow. Hits mulitple times. Looks cool but the ending pose makes you rooted to the ground.

Could you try out the longbow charge 2 please?

Some of the techs (gifoie) are still a bit on the long side for chargetime, high speed+ probably worth it, if only because we have lots of point slots and not much else to put in.

Tech high speed +3
Tech advance+ 2 (had it at 24, so get it before the individuals lol, might just be like that for the demo though)
2-3 single tech advance 2-3

That's the 8 current points, still 4 more left to stack another 80tp, or evasion, or escape save, or status resists (so you can use more feril force!) or even automate lol or whatever 30-50 has in store. PP boosts aren't going to be raping 3 slots anymore with new pp costs, Burst Bomber isn't worth it compared to just raping them with techs either.

I might just go with hp boost, hp boost high, hp regenerate, and both automates just see how that works out.

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 02:36 PM
Lvl 27 deband 3:24 duration
Lvl 30 shifta 3:44 duration

Could be off by as much a second either way on both but whatever, level now effects duration...and duration is massively extended from the previous 2 min max.

Rayokarna
Jan 4, 2011, 02:40 PM
Could you try out the longbow charge 2 please?

Actually I've been spamming it for the past 30 minutes actually. Hit's 4 times really quickly but it has short range. Has splash damage while hitting very hard. I think it causes knock down on the last hit, wither that or launch. Gonna need to test it a bit more cause my friend keeps sending things flying lol.

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 02:52 PM
Almost all of the new hairstyles are PAHFECTO! Also I expect some Joker-esque Dumans online when this game comes around.

Drawers
Jan 4, 2011, 02:56 PM
Do you have to have a JP account to download it?

Temprus
Jan 4, 2011, 03:21 PM
Well, the current version of the demo is probably a spawn off of a UMD demo distributor, and is found via download sites. So, no, you don't currently need any kind of JP account.

Almost all of the new hairstyles are PAHFECTO! Also I expect some Joker-esque Dumans online when this game comes around.

One person I know created what she calls a zombie. So I guess Dumans aren't restricted to just being Vampire Pirates. :p

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 03:41 PM
So now that forces apparently don't blow anymore I wonder where Remius is? He usually has something to say regarding Forces current state of affairs.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 04:05 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK *flips table*

WAY TO GO SEGA

WAY
TO
GO ._________.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 4, 2011, 04:08 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK *flips table*

WAY TO GO SEGA

WAY
TO
GO ._________.

First thing I see is this happening to Hyuga. Then I read Ami's reaction. I then obtained troll face. Now this day is complete.

TheBlackMage
Jan 4, 2011, 04:13 PM
Honestly I am not surprised by these turn of events. A short game indeed it would be if it was the other way around.

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 04:22 PM
First thing I see is this happening to Hyuga. Then I read Ami's reaction. I then obtained troll face. Now this day is complete.
:l

Well he shows up early, so I guess I can give a pass ONCE

pso123hrf
Jan 4, 2011, 05:06 PM
Somebody test out the changes to cards, slicers, longbows, whips, and crossbows! I want to know if they are useful in terms of PA's and regular attacks.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 4, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'd like to know how Dumans handle. How they stack up against the other 3 races.

kongajinken
Jan 4, 2011, 05:21 PM
Don't you mean 4?

Ceresa
Jan 4, 2011, 05:23 PM
My only impression of duman so far, having let my lvl 200 carry me to the lofty level of 6, is fuck this pp regen.

But I've never played a beast and dealt with their pp so maybe it's not so bad, oh wait, all the good PAs cost more pp now, yeah...

edit: Overend, hunter dewman blast, Lv 10 does around 60 dmg per hit, my normal attacks with an exam or sonic knuckles do 50, mildly overpowered weapons for lvl 10 mind you but still...can't use items during it, not invincible during it, not getting the supposed hp back when hitting with it. Lv 30 doing around 80 dmg per hit, my normal attacks with fighting beat/telltale hearts doing 120 lol.

PP regen is just brutal though, constantly out of pp, it might be ok for multi mode where bigger chains are used (gonna hurt on spamming incap pa though), but for story mode this is just incredibly slow, only saving grace is having my 200 assrape everything after I tag so I don't need the pp that much.

My chars are giving me live tickets as mission rewards too, goodbye sand march.

Drawers
Jan 4, 2011, 05:27 PM
Question about the big hat hairstyle for females, are the other options different colors of the hat?

Ami
Jan 4, 2011, 05:32 PM
Yes, they are

EDIT: and I would like to say I want the remix of Ignite Infinity. Seriously, that song is awesome.

RemiusTA
Jan 4, 2011, 07:08 PM
So now that forces apparently don't blow anymore I wonder where Remius is? He usually has something to say regarding Forces current state of affairs.

been trying to yank this foot out of my mouth for a few minutes now sorry

...naw but in all seriousness im beyond impressed. When i heard "damage increase" i was thinking the type of "damage increase" that forces got during Supplemental Update of PSU. Wasn't that amazing. I complain because it's my favorite class, and every entry i choose to play them in, they suck. PsP2 was just the sheer pinnacle of suck, and i still dont understand how they let it get that bad. Kind of ruined the game for me once i got towards the end. But yeah whatever, the picture on the first page made me giggle. If Rafoie got a 20% Technic decrease and is still outputting, then they've tinkered with the base damage like i was hoping they would.

Im excited for the demo. Forces are icing on the cake, but im also glad to see the respective buffs and nerfs of the Photon Arts as well. Dus Skadd was just ridiculous.

Kierto
Jan 4, 2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe it's just me, but judging from the Forest mission PSO monster AI was tweaked to be more '10th anniversary'. Head Wolves using the Shifta+Deband more and triple attack spamming, Boomas acting.. more Booma-y with their roars and return hits. Although maybe that's just the result of the modified flinch mechanics.

Diverse is pretty. But seems to suck. But then again I am endgame spoiled by new level 21+ tech costs and Pwand making PP assistance irrelevant..

Sabarta and fast Razonde, thumbs up.

Foverse seems really spammable - it casts quick and immediately registers hits when cast if next to enemies and replenishes itself, almost can be used like mini Gi- technique if close.. It adds to chain when cast from Square (and being stationary?) too.

Some of the new enemies have fun (annoying?) tricks. Thought Pannons were bad? Wait for the cousin of Bag Degga with his 3-way spammable Barta..

Judging from the Partner Card looks like we have 7 new bosses. Wonder if this means Olga Flow is split in to two separate kills like Fakis/Falz/Angelus?

Typestatic
Jan 4, 2011, 07:16 PM
I'm not so fussed about getting the demo license, feb isn't long away and the wait has been a good one.
Guess the new game mechanics will troll me OH SO FINE, yeah~

RemiusTA
Jan 4, 2011, 07:16 PM
Praying for an Olga Flow boss that is at the very least equal to Ep2's version. Oh, and not easily cheeze-able.

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 08:44 PM
been trying to yank this foot out of my mouth for a few minutes now sorry

...naw but in all seriousness im beyond impressed. When i heard "damage increase" i was thinking the type of "damage increase" that forces got during Supplemental Update of PSU. Wasn't that amazing. I complain because it's my favorite class, and every entry i choose to play them in, they suck. PsP2 was just the sheer pinnacle of suck, and i still dont understand how they let it get that bad. Kind of ruined the game for me once i got towards the end. But yeah whatever, the picture on the first page made me giggle. If Rafoie got a 20% Technic decrease and is still outputting, then they've tinkered with the base damage like i was hoping they would.

Im excited for the demo. Forces are icing on the cake, but im also glad to see the respective buffs and nerfs of the Photon Arts as well. Dus Skadd was just ridiculous.

It's cool I've been that disappointed about my favorite things usually sucking or being impractical: For example Rachel in Blazblue. But that tale would be off topic, anyway one of things I am really relieved about is that strafing techs do add to the chain. Not only that it can be done with the RA SERIES!!! *squees like schoolgirl*
I would have wanted the Sa series to accessible with strafing but that would be broken in a way.

RemiusTA
Jan 4, 2011, 08:59 PM
Rachel was destroyed in CS, but she never felt unusable to me. Dont worry apparently she's pretty good in CSII. (Although still eons away from her CT OPness, naturally. And thank god, too.)

And yeah, epic strafing and usable PP costs ftw. Thanks Sega. Lets hope that we aren't regretting any of these changes to Infinity later in hindsight, though.

(inb4 Rangers are broken)

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 09:06 PM
If Forces can constantly deal 2k+ damage at lv. 200 I'd say that's a tad OP...but that's fire-on-ice, so probably lower.

But then again probably a LOT higher for Newmans...bleh, dunno what to think about the Force's power levels. Over 9000 or no?

-Wayu

kongajinken
Jan 4, 2011, 09:06 PM
Twin hanguns alone mean rangers will never be broken.

Lucky 777
Jan 4, 2011, 09:10 PM
Rachel was destroyed in CS, but she never felt unusable to me. Dont worry apparently she's pretty good in CSII. (Although still eons away from her CT OPness, naturally. And thank god, too.)

And yeah, epic strafing and usable PP costs ftw. Thanks Sega. Lets hope that we aren't regretting any of these changes to Infinity later in hindsight, though.

(inb4 Rangers are broken)

She never was unusable to me it's just everyone played as Rags. But yeah I'd worry just a little about 1 or 2 of those Charge Shot II's being the new Dus Skadd or Blade Destruction but they probably can't get that OP.

Drawers
Jan 4, 2011, 09:27 PM
Is the arrow charge shot any good? It's the best looking charge shot imo. Does it use default bullets on it's charge shot, or does it carry over exclusive bullet effects?

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 09:29 PM
Um, well, it's a Charge Shot. It doesn't just fire 4 normal shots.

I think.

-Wayu

RemiusTA
Jan 4, 2011, 09:33 PM
Looking at the videos, I really wouldn't be surprised. "High Breaking Potential" is what came to mind when the first videos of them were released. They DO look pretty neat to use though.
[SPOILER-BOX]
And Ragna became so easy to use on CS that he's almost become annoying to fight against. That one Berial combo is all you need to know. Thankfully they've nerfed it hard on CSII though, so whatever.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Drawers
Jan 4, 2011, 09:43 PM
Um, well, it's a Charge Shot. It doesn't just fire 4 normal shots.

I think.

-Wayu

That's not what I meant, I know the shots are bigger but if you use the charge shot in PSP2 with Reol Variant, it doesn't shoot a default larger blast, it's still the same sized missle as normal shots. What I'm asking is, if you were using Kohibumiteri, would the 2nd charge shot's bullets be the Kohibumiteri bullets or default bullets? :p

Wayu
Jan 4, 2011, 09:47 PM
In PSP2 you fired multiple normal sized shots at once, if you looked closely from the side.

Dunno about the demo. Don't have yet.

-Wayu

Rayokarna
Jan 5, 2011, 02:17 AM
She never was unusable to me it's just everyone played as Rags. But yeah I'd worry just a little about 1 or 2 of those Charge Shot II's being the new Dus Skadd or Blade Destruction but they probably can't get that OP.

Basically what the Shotgun charge shot 2 is lol, and...

[SPOILER-BOX]
And Ragna became so easy to use on CS that he's almost become annoying to fight against. That one Berial combo is all you need to know. Thankfully they've nerfed it hard on CSII though, so whatever.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Have you ever played a Bang before in CS, I would fight Ragna all day than deal with him XD.

That's not what I meant, I know the shots are bigger but if you use the charge shot in PSP2 with Reol Variant, it doesn't shoot a default larger blast, it's still the same sized missle as normal shots. What I'm asking is, if you were using Kohibumiteri, would the 2nd charge shot's bullets be the Kohibumiteri bullets or default bullets? :p

You won't be able to see special effect bullets since all you'll be able to see is the explosion. There is literally no delay between firing time and when the arrows connect with the ground on all 4 shots.

Lucky 777
Jan 5, 2011, 02:38 AM
If that's true then all I've got to say about that is RANGERS,RANGERS EVERYWHERE. Though that'd be really odd to see a large influx of them.

d19xx
Jan 5, 2011, 02:44 AM
A few things.

1. Did Sega keep their word and allow flinching on high level monsters? Or are those Polty's still attacks like miniature juggernauts?

2. Sword, are they useful now? Speed, etc. If flinching actually works now I see swords to be somewhat useful...

3. How are axes? Easier to chain?

DarK-SuN
Jan 5, 2011, 02:55 AM
A few things.

1. Did Sega keep their word and allow flinching on high level monsters? Or are those Polty's still attacks like miniature juggernauts?

2. Sword, are they useful now? Speed, etc. If flinching actually works now I see swords to be somewhat useful...

3. How are axes? Easier to chain?

1. Yes from what I've seen so far.

2. Swords are epic, 'nuff said.

3. Axes were good yet slow before, now they're even better with two hits per swing and still hitting multiple enemies, indeed making chains much easier to perform.

Dark_Ansem
Jan 5, 2011, 03:39 AM
why don't they allow past lvl200 exp to be stored in order to create extend codes?

Wayu
^

Uhhhh, sorry, can you rephrase that?

-Wayu

Crystal_Shard
A curious question that's been nagging me for a while. Does converting the save files to the demo also prevent you from using the files for the previous game as well? Or does it make a copy for the demo to use exclusively?

Wayu
Jan 5, 2011, 03:40 AM
Dunno. Anyone?

-Wayu

blace
Jan 5, 2011, 03:44 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say that your saved data will just be imported and a new save will be made.

What's the point of making your old save obsolete?

Crystal_Shard
Jan 5, 2011, 03:53 AM
So, probably makes it's own copy. Gotcha.

blace
Jan 5, 2011, 03:56 AM
Lemme say it in another context.

It's like importing your save from PSP1 to PSP2 but with all of your previous games items, levels, clothes, etc intact.

Most games that make sequels just uses the data from the first game, but it doesn't remove it, it just makes its own save right on the spot.

Lucky 777
Jan 5, 2011, 04:04 AM
So anyone who has it tested out whips and slicers yet?

Rayokarna
Jan 5, 2011, 04:34 AM
So anyone who has it tested out whips and slicers yet?

Whips and Slicers are basically the same. The damage on the PAs have been upped however.

Lucky 777
Jan 5, 2011, 04:40 AM
Oh great so they still miss all over the place, But better PA damage makes up for that. Now I probably wont feel ashamed for using 13 star whip so much.

Shakuri
Jan 5, 2011, 04:46 AM
- All Gi-Techs knock down, not just Gizonde/Gifoie. They all hit 4 targets now instead of 5 like in PSP2.
- All Ra-Techs have lost their physical properties, but get pretty much instant and infinite casting. They all hit 3 targets as opposed to 4 like in PSP2 (with the exception of Rafoie, which always hit only 3 targets)
- Dam-Tech hit much faster, to the point where they can potentially get a chain up to 18 with one casting.
- Megiverse hits faster and has much larger range as opposed to its PSP2 counterpart.
- Lvl 21+ Shifta/Deband now last for 3 minutes instead of 2, might also have larger boosts than in PSP2, haven't tested it thoroughly though.
- Mirage Blasts seem to do more damage, of course that could be a consequence of my TP essentially skyrocketing.
- Newman PP recovery rate is incredibly fast, I haven't compared my mains with my CAST yet but I am certain it seems a little bit faster. That may be due to me not running out of PP yet though.

I haven't played around much, but long story short is that I'm very pleased that I stuck with Force from 1 to 200 and 1 to 30, that's all I've gotta say. Psycho Wand isn't a necessity for an end game Force anymore, and I can say with confidence that rebirthing will be non-issue. Now to try out Sa-Techs, although with how amazing the Gi and Dam lines are now, I might not need to bother.

d19xx
Jan 5, 2011, 05:05 AM
1. Yes from what I've seen so far.

2. Swords are epic, 'nuff said.

3. Axes were good yet slow before, now they're even better with two hits per swing and still hitting multiple enemies, indeed making chains much easier to perform.

I find the flinching part hard to believe. I guess I have to see it myself.

Any new useful PAs for swords or do they all still suck?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 5, 2011, 05:09 AM
No new PAs thus far (Hell I don't know, I can't read Japanese ^^;)

As for swords, Grand Crusher has been sped up, so its far useful now, plus all the other sword PAs have been buffed in ATK and ACC.

As someone said before, Swords are epic. About time, too.

d19xx
Jan 5, 2011, 05:12 AM
No new PAs thus far (Hell I don't know, I can't read Japanese ^^;)

As for swords, Grand Crusher has been sped up, so its far useful now, plus all the other sword PAs have been buffed in ATK and ACC.

As someone said before, Swords are epic. About time, too.

Does Grand Crusher still has zero range or is that projectile thing that comes out can actually hit something?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 5, 2011, 05:15 AM
It's still a Blade Beam Fail ^^;

Although it does look like its gained just a hair of range.

Hentai_Kittie
Jan 5, 2011, 05:26 AM
Lol Shakuri. That's basically what i came in here to say xD
1: Sidestepping with a wand (my favorite weapon, heh) feels pretty great though, although a bit slow, but it gives you a ton more survivability then just standing there.

2: Sazonde is awesome! i can basically just juggle enemies forever!. It takes no time to get a 40 hit combo then destroying them with diga. It's like..... the forces from before were actually a class called "trash" and they just introduced Forces with this game. xD

3: There is little tricks where you can make the wand cast insanely fast (like a 4 weapon chain) where the first 2 techs come out at blazing speeds, faster then any teching possible.

4: I hate the new diga knockdown effect.. personally. I liked it for the fact that it kept enemies away from you that you didn't want to deal with up close, now it's mostly just a power move.

5: Foverse seems like it was made for melee fighters, it's still great, but as a force, theres going to be few times where you want to get that close up, lol.

6: Defense in this game seems like it's been raised quite a bit. As a female newman force, i feel i can take more hits then i could before.... anyone else feels this way too?

Wayu
Jan 5, 2011, 05:28 AM
^

#6: A-Rank MAX I, female Newman Force = TANK. Barta = 0 damage lol, judging by the stats Ceresa posted earlier.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 5, 2011, 05:44 AM
I've noticed something, especially during the MAX run. It seems that field traps do far more damage than in PSP2. Anyone else notice this?

Wayu
Jan 5, 2011, 05:49 AM
Same. 50% HP damage...

o.0

Absurd.

Question: Does the demo have higher drop rates for goodies than PSP2 JP?

-Wayu

Hentai_Kittie
Jan 5, 2011, 05:54 AM
You mean just in general Wayu? or something specific? :3

It doesn't feel like it so far, it feels about the same

Wayu
Jan 5, 2011, 05:54 AM
In general.

I'm currently still spamming Gemaga, so just wondering.

-Wayu

Hentai_Kittie
Jan 5, 2011, 06:01 AM
My gosh you reply fast >.>
that didn't even take a minute xD

Yeah, i haven't really went weapon hunting quite yet, but i'm finding rare stuff at about the same rate as the US version. It's good cause it still gives you something to work for i suppose.