PDA

View Full Version : The Return of DarkFury

TheBlackMage
Jan 6, 2011, 09:28 PM
Ok so I finally got off my lazy ass and sat down to write this thing. Please post tips/suggestions/corrections and also if you think this interests you and would like to see it continued. [EDIT] I used the term HUmar because it perfectly describes the character even though its set in PSU and I'm lazy like that.
--------------------------------------------------------

The young HUmar slowly walked toward the last room in the relic site. His heart was still beating vigorously from fighting wave after wave of Stateria that were guarding the passageway. As he entered the room he felt a massive increase in pressure inside himself, his body screaming to tell him "run!" but he kept walking, looking for answers.

Inside the near barren room there was only an old outdated terminal covered in cobwebs. He had finally found it. As he approached it he heard the low hum of it powering up. Wiping the dust and cobwebs off he accessed it. A hologram projected out of it that appeared to be a Relics researcher. He began to speak in an excited tone while other researchers and guards ran about in the background yelling and shouting.

"Its here its here! For years my team and I have searched for the location of what is to be known as the ultimate combat Cast. Now after generations of explorers, bounty hunters, and government officials all looking for it we beat them to it!"

The HUmar looked on realizing that this was a digital diary of one of the researchers. His eyes taking in all the information that was being shown to him. The researcher began to explain what he and his team were looking for and what they were doing as if they were making a log for someone. It was then the HUmar realized these were just scientists for hire and this must've been a recording for their employer. "Fools..." the HUmar muttered to himself as the hologram kept playing.

"My team and I believe that we found the cast that lead the casts to revolt against humans in the great war 603 years ago. We have found what we believe is to have been that cast's personal base hidden here inside this relic site. While it appears to remain uninhabited we've picked up a faint reading inside. This is where we believe that cast hid at the end of war. If you recall the outcome of the war the humans and casts came to peace...after certain conditions were met. The humans proposed a trade. They would end the war and let the casts live freely as well as letting them have the planet Parum to govern.

The condition? That they surrender their leader of the resistance, a cast who called herself "DarkFury". Naturally the casts with her reasoned that 1 life was not worth saving in a seemingly never ending war and turned against her. She destroyed them and went into hiding. Unable to find her the casts created a copy of her and turned her over to the humans who then terminated her secretly."

For a moment the HUmar felt pity for what had happened to her. Someone who was raised to be a slave to the humans along with the rest of her kind, she led them against their oppressors and was rewarded with betrayal. The he remembered what she had done to him and how she ruined his life whereupon he swore that he would hunt her down and kill her with his own hands. The memories swirled in his head filling him with sadness, despair, and intense hatred. He cried out and slammed his fist into the terminal. The recording flickered and disappeared momentarily then came back with the images of dead researchers and guards littering the floor with the remaining ones screaming in terror and trying to escape.

He watched as a researcher shut a blast door that was at the base and breathed a sigh of relief before the door was blown away hurling him into the wall instantly killing him. A guard ran up close shouting at the researcher.

"Dr. Terrino leave that and come on!"

He pulled at the researcher's arm trying to pry him away from the terminal. The researcher clearly terrified spoke in an voice of utter despair.

"N-no we can't escape...we've awoken true fear itself..."

In the background a young female researcher huddled in a corner weeping and sobbing. The rage-full cast slowly walked up to her and asked in the voice a goddess would have:

"Do you not wish to die?"

"No..." The woman sobbed.

"Very well, you at least will live." She stepped back and gestured toward the door of the woman's freedom from this terror.

The young woman looked up, tears of suffering turning into tears of joy and ran for the door to safety. Staggering to a stop she looked down.

There was a hole in her torso, She had been shot through the heart. She turned around and looked at the cast adorned in black and dark purple armor with hair whiter than an angel's and a targeting mask over her eyes with this empty expression on her face. The young woman fell still looking at the lifeless face of her killer. As the life drained from her body she heard the words:

"Experience my betrayal."

Finally with her eyes fading, she laughed sliently to herself and muttered "No...casts can't cry."

The HUmar watched, stunned at this series of events unfazed by the rest of the killings. It was dead slient now. Unshaken she turned and faced the recording terminal raising an arm, the hologram displayed a flash of light then static before it shut off.

He turned around to leave and continue his search when he stopped mid stride and looked at the face of all his turmoil. She was standing in the doorway in front of him with that same empty look on her face. She touched a panel on the wall and the door slid shut. He ran to the door in that now pitch black room and pounded on it as the sound of light footsteps could be heard growing fainter by the second. He released all his rage as he continued to helplessly pound against the cold unmoving door.

"DARKFURYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!"