PDA

View Full Version : Give it to me straight PSZ comminty...

cow_vinh
Jan 9, 2011, 12:48 AM
I have very little to no chance of getting the white disaster, let alone the psycho wand, dont I?
Ive been doing shrine runs for quite a while now so i can keep killing dark falz in hope of the getting the white disaster. I think if i know my chances, ill be more committed, whether the answers are good or bad. Itll push me to try if u say its easier, and ill push harder to get something that seems impossible to get. Also, which shrine run will get me to the boss fastest? one of the missions or going through the field? like right now im doing the mission that starts u off half way through the dungeon. idk if one of the other ones will be faster or better yet, give me more of a chance to get the white disaster?

Seth Astra
Jan 9, 2011, 12:54 AM
My only tip for finding it: Hunt something else. Seriously, if you're not looking for it, you will be more likely to find it. It's proven, if not logical.

cow_vinh
Jan 9, 2011, 01:02 AM
only dark falz drops it though. I wish i could train at multiple areas.
Im just trying to keep a mind set in my head of just training in shrine to lvl up.
it might be more fun playing with other people.
would u like to do some SH shrine runs?

Seth Astra
Jan 9, 2011, 01:23 AM
I would LOVE to... But my Wi-Fi is out right now... Also, FYI, I seem to remember that online play boosts the time drop rate, so it's a good idea to do so.

Reksanden
Jan 9, 2011, 01:23 AM
My only tip for finding it: Hunt something else. Seriously, if you're not looking for it, you will be more likely to find it. It's proven, if not logical.

Well, if only one monster drops it, then it becomes VERY annoying to get it, proven to me multiple times by my attempts at finding the Yonohate In.

EDIT: I HAVE tried finding White Disaster, multiple times. All I got was either rare armor or usable items and money. Persistance, in my point of view, is how you get RARE rares.

cow_vinh
Jan 9, 2011, 01:34 AM
lol yah persistance is for sure.
hey Rauga, would u like to do some SH shrine runs with me?

*edit*Im lvl 83 atm, and im wondering if attempting to get the white disaster is even worth it. Should i get that or strive for the psycho wand instead?

*edit again*A thing about the increased dropped rate. I heard that wasnt true, but I heard that it felt like that because everyone in the party gets a seperate set of drops for each monster, therefor there would be 4x the chances with a full party. But i highly doubt anyone would actually do SH shrine runs and give me a white disaster when they get it from their drop set from dark falz

Reksanden
Jan 9, 2011, 02:03 AM
My DSi Is dead and won't charge. I'm not sure if it's the DS, or if I need a new charger. However, I would like to do Shrine runs with you as soon as I get this problem dealt with.
I don't actually use my Force to often, so if I got a White Disaster, i'd give it to you. I'm interested in finding Yonohate In, so WHEN I get that, I may start using my Force and Ranger.

Seth Astra
Jan 9, 2011, 02:07 AM
I would also give it to you if I found it... Mostly since I already have one...

cow_vinh
Jan 9, 2011, 02:10 AM
another thing.
what do u guys personally prefer?
white disaster with the spirit garb or psycho wand?

Seth Astra
Jan 9, 2011, 02:31 AM
Huh? WD has a set bonus with spirit garb? And I thought that armor was totally useless. Either way, I'd rather have the P. Wand, due to the superior MST. Though, I use the WD (no spirit garb) since I lack a P. Wand.

cow_vinh
Jan 9, 2011, 02:35 AM
a i c.
well anyways,
WD is debatable to comparision to P wand.
The set bonus from WD and Spirit garb is 25.
With the bonus, its only like 10 or more MST less stronger than the p wand.
Does the WD's lvl 1 heaven make a difference? does it actually work?

Seth Astra
Jan 9, 2011, 02:53 AM
Huh, you are right... Either way, since I play a FOnewearl, I'd like to be able to equip Rika's Suit (I have one in storage, actually), so the better armor is an improvement. Also, elements do not effect techs, so it doesn't make much of a difference to a force.

cow_vinh
Jan 9, 2011, 03:05 AM
yah id prefer wearing my ancient robe, but i dont mind losing a bit def and eva for more power. Im a FOnewm for defence isnt my forte. The ancient robe helps, but id still be killed bydark falz in 2/3 hits. I think we can say that less def wont change things drastically for me. It doesnt matter to me. After playing with this character for 83 lvls, i think im pretty used to playing as a "glass cannon".

bns1991
Jan 9, 2011, 09:41 AM
You always have a shot at finding it. I found my first one on a run that I wasn't even looking for it. On my second one I was looking for one that had rodeo drive in particular (the first had beat quake). It took me close to a week and 20 or so runs, but I managed to find what I was looking for. It takes time to find these top tier weapons, and a lot of time and patience is needed to look for them.

One benefit that I get out of looking for rares is that I tend to find a lot of low tier rares that I may have not been thinking about but are good for cataloging.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 12:58 PM
To give you the numbers you may or may not have been wanting to hear, I've done about 240 full DS runs, and only gotten three White Disasters (which I got on my 5th, 6th, and 7th consecutive SH runs, no joke, all in a row). But, if the tests for Psycho Wand are any consolation, from what I think I recall about it, the chances of you getting one are about 1/50,000 per kill in the SH ET... yeah... all I can say for either one is good luck, because you'll be needing it. I would just recommend you go find a good Kerykeion or something, those don't drop too uncommonly from the Pelcas in SH Ozette, or even from Force/Heaven's Mother. Heck, you could even do Tower runs simply looking for something else. I can tell you right now, if you're looking for something, you're not going to find it anytime soon compared to if you were looking for something else in the same area. In my hunting for Canon Bleu, I didn't find any of it, but I did find 5 Celesta Lasers. In my hunt for Liese Garland, I got inumerable Parpuas, Pretty Parasols, and Stag Cutlery's. In my hunt for Twin Psychoguns, I found lots of White Sabers, a few Dioskurois, and even a Twin Violets, before I ever found a Twin Psychos, and it wasn't even in the Dark Dhrine that I found IT. If my logic and experience is correct, subliminally, you must never be hunting anything to find anything. That's just how it works.

Tetris
Jan 9, 2011, 01:33 PM
I never really understood the reason for *totally* rare items. I think they're nice, but nothing you should obsess over. Then again, I'm a newb, so what do I know, right? Still, I'm sure when I get to your levels, I'll probably be in the same boat. After all, the Cadeucus won't last me forever.

By the way, Chaos, I tried using the soul on my rappy just to see how yellow looks, and it's outstanding. Can I raise a mag with 33 Guard/Mind/Hit that has Flozir? I need something with good defence since I'm a Force, but as I swap between weapons, I may need defence for up close combat.

Reksanden
Jan 9, 2011, 01:52 PM
Some things are worth obsessing over. The weapon I search for, the Yonohate In, is one of the most powerful swords in the game, second only to Milias Breaker. I've run into multiple Dynas, but I WILL get it.

Tetris
Jan 9, 2011, 02:00 PM
Is it one of those types that comes only from a SH boss? Sometimes I feel like it's a waste to explore a whole dungeon, then fight a boss and get nothing of real value. I mean, yes, you get exp and maybe some Mag food, but that's about it.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 02:00 PM
Actually, Yonohate In is more powerful than the Milias Breaker, MUCH moreso. The only reason Milias Breaker could even CONSIDER itself better is through the PA choice. Yonohate In has the highest ATP of any weapon in the game when wielded with the Noble Cloak, which is already arguably the best armor in the game.

As for you, Tetris, and raising a 33 GRD/HIT/MND mag with Flozir, yes, it is possible. Have it have 33 Hit and 27 Mind at level 60 to evolve it into a Sig that has Flozir, and then raise Mind to 33, and then raise its Guard to 9, so at level 75, it'll have 33 Hit, 33 Mind, and 9 Guard, and then give it the Femini, and you'll keep the Flozir, and then you can raise it up to 33 Guard safely, and then you can pick whichever stat you want to raise to 34 for level 100.

EDIT: And no, Yonohate In (that black katana I showed you just yesterday) is a rare drop from a rare enemy in SH, the Zaphobos Dyna. the Milias Breaker (the huge purple sword I used against Chaos and Mobius last night) is a boss drop from Humilias on SH, and is also very rare. Both are good weapon, both are good in their separate ways, though. Yonohate In has the highest ATP at max grind and while worn with its set bonus armor (even moreso than Milias Breaker and its set bonus armor) and has Risk which occasionally makes it deal a LOT more damage, but Milias Breaker has arguably the better sword PA (since Yonohate In is set with Sonic Raid, and MB is set with Over End), and can come with a random element when found, although I believe that may be a farce, as I've yet to really see any legitimate MB's come with an element. Just hackers with their "legitimately found" Celeb Lv3 Milias Breakers... <_<

Tetris
Jan 9, 2011, 02:18 PM
Alright. What was the sawblade shuriken? I kind of like that slicer, and may make that my "item goal"

Where can I obtain one, and what is the level to use?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 02:57 PM
There are two Shurikens in this game, both are respetable in their own way:

Kouga Shuriken: Gotten from SH Ozette (Porel, the blue frogs, drop them very rarely) or from Force/Heaven's Mothers, they have the highest potential MST for Slicers at max grind, but have lwer ATA than the Fuuma Shuriken. They come standard with Dark Lv3 and Bright Sign PA, so while the PA is pretty good, it's element should almost be negligible for the most part, TBH. A note from me, since I have the strategy guide that GIVES me these numbers, the Kouga Shuriken has a MUCH lower minimum MST than the Fuuma Shuriken as well, so as far as utilization for best AVERAGE damage is concerned, I recommend the Fuuma Shuriken. Required level to wield is 64.

Fuuma Shuriken: Gotten from SH Gurhacia Valley (Garapythons, the gray snakes with purple rattles, rarely drop them), or as before, the Force/HEaven's Mothers. Fuuma Shuriken cannot be grinded whatsoever, but has very good MST as it stands, and the best Slicer ATA. It comes standard with the glorious Heaven Lv2 element, which while seemingly great, is bar useless in SH, since only the "small" enemies in every area is even affected by Heaven in SH (in Hard, only small and medium enemies, and in Normal, nothing resists Heaven [except bosses]). Wielding level is 80.

Tetris
Jan 9, 2011, 03:08 PM
What exactly is Heaven? I'm not used to all the effects and different elements.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 03:09 PM
Heaven is an element that randomly will 1HKO enemies.

If you need more info, you can always check on the pso-world homepage in the PSZ section on the left side of the page and there should be all the stuff that you need to know listed over there.

Tetris
Jan 9, 2011, 03:10 PM
I"m guessing that because of that, many have resistance to it. Can it still affect enemies in hard?

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 03:18 PM
As noted before, Heaven is resisted by no regular enemies in Normal, only large enemies (like Fruoutangs and Arkzeins) in Hard, and in Super Hard, only small enemies DON'T resist it (like Korse, Batts, and Pomarrs, etc).

RoxasNeval
Jan 9, 2011, 03:40 PM
do like Wayu,keep spamming that area and IT Will appear,her t.hiyoris appeared after 900 runs,so i think u have a chance of finding ur rod thing if u just keep spamming
my good old emperor axeon appeared when i least wanted it to,so maybe u can hunt for something else too

Lunariancrystal
Jan 9, 2011, 08:03 PM
Sorry. You are all wrong. The Lavis Kanon (The ORIGINAL BAD ASS weapon) is the rarest item in the game. I've killed at least 2000 Eulids...and about 50 boosted versions. SHIT...DOESNT...EXIST..... /grumble /grumble.

Broken_L_button
Jan 9, 2011, 08:52 PM
Sorry. You are all wrong. The Lavis Kanon (The ORIGINAL BAD ASS weapon) is the rarest item in the game. I've killed at least 2000 Eulids...and about 50 boosted versions. SHIT...DOESNT...EXIST..... /grumble /grumble.

Only 2000? Keep at it. And, no, P-wand is still WAY more rare. To the topic's creator, I suggest doing runs for the White disaster once in a while instead of hunting P-wand...Unless you're a masochist/have a lot of determination, since P-wand is also WAY more rare than WD. With the 4 slot spirit garb from one of quests in solo mode, as the other posters said, it's comparable in power to P-wand; with the variance in damage, you'll barely notice the difference in MST. And, if you're playing a tech spamming force, your defensive stats aren't needed at all; mobs will be dead from your tech spam before they cross half the distance between you and them.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 9, 2011, 09:14 PM

Only 2000? HAHAHA... I laugh. I've already gotten over 3000, probably with just as many proportionally boosted, and I've not gotten a Lavis Kanon yet either. I hope that doesn't put you off from your hunting, but, just as a decent measure for how much effort I've also put into finding one and not gotten one myself... yeah...

leviayurashyguy
Jan 10, 2011, 08:32 PM
P-Wand is mainly rare because its a drop from historically the worst dungeon concept in video gaming history. Lavis Canon is a overrated fuchsia saber while P-Wand is the best tool for tech users

FYI, if you want to increase your chances of getting MB and WD, do quest since they are shorter.

Chaos Rappy
Jan 10, 2011, 09:45 PM
Depends on quest... and not really. They make you THINK the quests are shorter, but in reality, a quest that only spans one sector of an area, instead of the two sectors that each have five rooms of enemies each, make it just that one sector with TEN enemy-filled rooms instead... as far as I recall... I remember just doing fields because in the long run, the arenas made it worth it for the 100% chance of rare enemy spawns in it when it's found.

And Lavis Kanon isn't just an overrated fuschia saber... it's the highest ATP Saber (at max grind) that a Hunter can wield (since non-Hunters have access to the Eclipse Star, which has the most ATP of any Saber at max grind), which can have any PA that you are lucky enough to find on it, and can hit two enemies at once. They may have nerfed it comparably to PSO, but Lavis Kanon is by NO means simply overrated, because it really is as good as the game makes it out to be, especially since the Zero Saber CANNOT hit two enemies, regardless if it's Celeb Lv5 with 50 Hit or whatever. :D

Kirukia
Jan 10, 2011, 10:02 PM
P-Wand is mainly rare because its a drop from historically the worst dungeon concept in video gaming history. Lavis Canon is a overrated fuchsia saber while P-Wand is the best tool for tech users

FYI, if you want to increase your chances of getting MB and WD, do quest since they are shorter.

I'd rather run through OoT's Water Temple 5 times instead of SH ET =__=
THAT'S how bad of a concept it is.

Tetris
Jan 10, 2011, 10:06 PM
I love the fact that it was actually possible to SCREW UP your adventure in the water temple. I used the one key I had on a wrong door and saved. Had to completely start over.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 11, 2011, 12:14 AM
since when does hitting multiple enemies matter? wouldn't that make White Disaster the best Rod? Sabers, much like many weapons in PSZ, are made by their PA's. if i need to hit multiple enemies, i'll use a PA. if i need to efficiently deal damage, i'll use a PA. +1 enemy isn't going to make my Zeta Cutlass be more efficient.

face it: it's fuchsia, it's rare, it's a saber. being special and unique doesn't make it any less overrated

Chaos Rappy
Jan 11, 2011, 12:26 AM
You can't ALWAYS efficiently use PA's, and that doesn't ean you'll ALWAYS have a better weapon than it either at times. That +1 enemy may not mean much in the long-run, but for short term and those who see the benefit of not only spamming PA's with their weapons will truly see that value in the Lavis Kanon, like myself. ;P

And no, White Disaster is still worse than Psycho Wand because Psycho Wand can also hit two enemies at once, has higher MST than White Disaster with its set bonus, and unless you want to sacrifice a massive potential boost to your DFP and EVP to equip a Spirit Garb instead of something better, Psycho Wand will have more ATA than it too.

Oh, and on your note about being fuschia and rare, how about Milias Breaker? Personally, I find good ainsraiffes to be better, but overall, my Yonohate In to be the best over it, regardless. Hit per cost, the overall damage increase my Ainsraiffe would have over my Yonohate In isn't really worth it, and the potential proc chance with the Yono also means it can deal MORE damage than it at times too. I don't usually see PA's as an overall factor unless they don't have one, because it limits the weapon's potential. If they do, I usually don't mind which it has, except in minor specific cases, and in this instance and in many other instances, I find solid, high ATP/MST MUCH more useful than any ability to have Celeb and have to PAY to deal more damage, regardless of how many millions of meseta I have on me and in my banks. Risk on Yonohate In I hardly see as a cost, though, since I rarely take more than 20-30 damage back when it does proc, which I simply heal back with a single press of Resta if needed. :P

Clavat99
Jan 11, 2011, 11:15 AM
I'd rather run through OoT's Water Temple 5 times instead of SH ET =__=
THAT'S how bad of a concept it is.

aaaah the water temple, that place brings back memories... memories of me nearly breaking my N64 from throwing it across the room in sheer hatred. lol. The only problem with ET is the goddamn REPETITION. same exact thing over and over and over again for 6 hours. if there was more variety to the place, instead of just making it look like you are going higher into the sky every 20 floors, people would be able to actually get this done. The only reason i was even able to finish ET hard was because i was half asleep for the next 50+ floors. woke up running into a wall on the 92 floor, had to finish it then.

"The End Seer" title still makes me hate myself every time i look at it for wasting 6 hours of my life on that god forsaken tower.

Tigus
Jan 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
Ill help u if u want i get alot of rare stuff by mistake so if i get it ill trade it with u ^^.