PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Backing up saved data help

Echoes
Jan 10, 2011, 07:29 AM
I never really thought much about this before, but earlier someone I play with a lot online saved data corrupted and now they have to start over from scratch, if they start back up at all.

How do I back up my data? When I go into the saved data folder on my psp there's like 7 files, and I'm not sure which one I need to back up. Do I just back up the whole Save Data folder? And if my PSP2 data were to become corrupted how to I import it back into the game? Delete the original and copy that back into the Saved Data folder :-? ?

Sorry, such a noob question but I'd really like to know.

Zeroske
Jan 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
I honestly don't know if you could.
I mean if you can that sounds like a really easy way to cheat on games like Phantasy Star.

If you can though, I'd say to be safe, copy everything and then if you need it just put it all back in.

balmung92
Jan 10, 2011, 01:28 PM
on your psp go into the folder named PSP then SAVEDATA and look for the folder called ULES01439 if your eu or ULUS10529 if its us, NPJH90062 if its jap(unshure if correct) and copy the folder onto your pc.

TheAstarion
Jan 10, 2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah, the savedata is for your entire savefile, all 8 characters. You can't copy single characters.

The savedata you back up in this way can be restored at any time by just dragging it back onto your PSP and replacing the data you want to overwrite. It's a good idea to do this often, like after you get an awesome weapon for instance.

Echoes
Jan 11, 2011, 11:11 AM
I mean if you can that sounds like a really easy way to cheat on games like Phantasy Star.

I don't plan on using it to cheat, I can't stand coming across people that cheat in this game, although now that you mention it I see what you mean.

Also, thanks a bunch for the responses and help. Got a backup all ready now just in case.

Fox2Tails
Jan 11, 2011, 11:29 AM

Don't scare off people wanting to protect their data.