PDA

View Full Version : Game Pokémon Black/White

DoubleJG
Jan 10, 2011, 06:36 PM
Will you be joining the 5th generation experience? If so, which version will you be playing through?

Do you know which starter you will choose?

Certain features that you like or dislike going from 4th to 5th gen?

Discuss.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 10, 2011, 07:12 PM
i am DEFINITELY getting a 5th gen game, these are looking to easily top any installment in the pokemon series ever, i embrace all these new changes with open arms and love it every time a new generation pops up

Randomness
Jan 10, 2011, 07:20 PM
Almost certainly, though which version is up in the air atm.

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2011, 07:40 PM
Yep, already pre-ordered and getting the Shiny Raikou/Entei/Suicune event out of the way so I can get the Zoroark. I think I'm getting White. My friend and I pre-ordered it together so whatever he picks, I'll take the other. The legendaries don't matter to me since I just box all of 'em when I catch them.

Banned from Frontier? Banned from my party :<

McLaughlin
Jan 10, 2011, 07:50 PM
Yes. I'll probably get whichever box looks cooler, which I think is Black version. I actually forgot about the Shiny dogs even; how's that work?

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2011, 07:55 PM
Well you missed Raikou =/

Raikou was Jan 3-Jan 9
Entei is from Jan 17th-23rd
Suicune is from Jan 31-Feb 6

In Black and White, there will be an event that requires you to have one of these to attack an event Pokemon (the picture shows a regular Entei). When one of the shiny dogs attacks it, it'll transform into Zoroark. It's the only way to obtain one (through legit means, that is, lol.)

You just enter a Gamestop and they'll do it for you. The shiny dogs, that is. It works for HG/SS/D/P/Pt. They gave Raikou some pretty cool stuff. It's already got the best nature possible and Aura Sphere. Brokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen xD

McLaughlin
Jan 10, 2011, 08:04 PM
Entei is the coolest anyway. >_>

I have an Action Replay for events that never came over here for HG/SS, but I'd prefer getting him the legit way. I'll have to remember to stop by next week.

Sinue_v2
Jan 10, 2011, 08:22 PM
I don't know, because I don't really care about Pokemon, but for some reason I think it would be incredibly lulzy to see this topic debated on Stormfront.

DoubleJG
Jan 10, 2011, 08:39 PM
Banned from Frontier? Banned from my party :<

Agreed. I may have trained two pokémon that are banned from the frontier for lulz, but that's about it.

AlexCraig
Jan 10, 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm definately getting White version. I needs my Machop, and I can only get it in White Forest.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 10, 2011, 09:03 PM
i'm getting White since it'll be the opposite of what my friend gets, then commence to trolling his team with Lead DW Ditto and Erufuun =D

Cryptic
Jan 10, 2011, 09:06 PM
Getting White mainly due to the exclusives..they're more appealing to me than Black's offerings

DoubleJG
Jan 10, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'm still debating which version I will be getting. The White exclusives look more promising, however, the black city looks much cooler. Hmm...

Rashiid
Jan 10, 2011, 09:26 PM
How are you all's feelings on the starters? I may actually not use the fire starter this time. It's so freaking slow :|

I don't play competitively, but I'm used to my Fire type always being somewhat fast. I'll probably pick the Water type. Grass one also looks promising since it gets Leech Seed and is pretty damn fast. Toxic + Leech Seed = Elite Four is mah bitch. CPU's love to refuse to switch Pokemon :<

I hate grass types but with this speed and decent defense, it can actually do DoT.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 10, 2011, 09:52 PM
How are you all's feelings on the starters? I may actually not use the fire starter this time. It's so freaking slow :|

I don't play competitively, but I'm used to my Fire type always being somewhat fast. I'll probably pick the Water type. Grass one also looks promising since it gets Leech Seed and is pretty damn fast. Toxic + Leech Seed = Elite Four is mah bitch. CPU's love to refuse to switch Pokemon :<

I hate grass types but with this speed and decent defense, it can actually do DoT.

Water is a generic water type +megahorn which really ain't breaking the fourth wall

Fire is powerful but slow. still it ain't no Infernape or Blaziken and it has to compete with other Fire types such as that thing with like 130 base Atk

Grass type is unique tho: as fast as Jumpluff and Sceptile but with more bulk. it has the potential but is plagued by crappy movepool. it's DW ability is HAX but lacks coverage which is in fault due to it's movepool

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2011, 09:55 PM
I'll probably get White, because I always get the less popular one. I figure most people will get Black because the color signifies "evil", which in most people's minds signifies "cool" or "badass". Meh, whatever.

As for the starter, I'll go with water. An otter is much more appealing to me than a pig (which has been done before) and a snake-lizard thing (also, done before). Looks cooler, too.

DoubleJG
Jan 10, 2011, 11:06 PM
Ditto being usable is an awesome fix that has been needed for sometime now.

I'll be starting with the grass starter this time around.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 11, 2011, 12:50 AM
I'm gonna tell myself that I won't get it, and end up getting it anyways.
As to which version, I don't know.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 11, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'll be getting the grass type starter, as a nod to my Blue version days with my Bulbasaur.

NeonaPulsar
Jan 11, 2011, 02:39 AM
I hope to get both games. Its a standing habit that i get the first one i want, then get the second at a later date. I LOVE POKEMON!!! :-D:-D

Though not sure what to start with.... I usually go with the one that has the coolest look. Or, looking back, a reptile XD . My favorite starts were Charmander, Totodile, and Treecko. I'll have to see when i get there. (yes i know what they look like already)

And i just feel the need to link this: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/
The Sections to the right have all the details to the games. Hope you enjoy reading. :D

McLaughlin
Jan 11, 2011, 04:24 AM
I always trade myself all three starters, but before I started doing that I always took the grass type.

Goddamn Bulbasaur not learning any actual grass moves until after Brock's gym (or being really overlevelled).

MetaZedlen
Jan 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
I've already preordered Black, not because of the color being my favored, but I've always wanted to see a Fire/Dragon legendary, and now I can get one.

Ezodagrom
Jan 11, 2011, 09:05 AM
If I had a DS, I would get it, but since I really don't like portable gaming, I'll pass.

Rashiid
Jan 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
Just saw some of the version differences, and I'll go with White. White Forest looks far more useful than Black City.

Randomness
Jan 11, 2011, 11:17 AM
Well you missed Raikou =/

Raikou was Jan 3-Jan 9
Entei is from Jan 17th-23rd
Suicune is from Jan 31-Feb 6

In Black and White, there will be an event that requires you to have one of these to attack an event Pokemon (the picture shows a regular Entei). When one of the shiny dogs attacks it, it'll transform into Zoroark. It's the only way to obtain one (through legit means, that is, lol.)

You just enter a Gamestop and they'll do it for you. The shiny dogs, that is. It works for HG/SS/D/P/Pt. They gave Raikou some pretty cool stuff. It's already got the best nature possible and Aura Sphere. Brokeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen xD

A shiny dog, or just the dog in general? I already have a normal Raikou sitting around on Pearl.

Rashiid
Jan 11, 2011, 11:34 AM
A shiny dog, or just the dog in general? I already have a normal Raikou sitting around on Pearl.

Well it makes it seem like you need these specific ones since there's the event for it. It may be any, I'm not sure. :-?

It's stupid easy. Just walk into Gamestop and get it, lol. Can't hurt to have both. Plus they're automatically shiny with unnatural moves :D

Edit: The paper thinggy the guy handed me says:

"If you transfer Shiny Raikou, Shiny Entei, or* Shiny Suicune from your Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver Version game to the upcoming Pokemon Black/White Version games, you can discover a special event Pokemon that allows you to battle and catch the new Pokemon Zoroark!"

*I'm assuming this means you do not need all 3.

The OT for the shiny ones says "Gamestop" (some abbreviated word of course.) so I'm sure it's something in their coding that only allows these specific ones to trigger it.

McLaughlin
Jan 11, 2011, 11:43 AM
Do you have to give your game cart to an employee or is it just a WiFi event? I'll have to remember to go next week after class to get Entei.

-Crokar-
Jan 11, 2011, 11:47 AM
i just went and sat in the parking lot fired up the game went to mystery gift recieve gift from wireless and bam

Rashiid
Jan 11, 2011, 12:06 PM
WiFi. You can just chill in the parking lot like -Crokar- did, but the one I went to wasn't that far of a range at all, so we had to go inside.

Outrider
Jan 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm gonna tell myself that I won't get it, and end up getting it anyways.
As to which version, I don't know.

Pretty much.

The thing is, I still haven't actually finished the last couple Pokemon games I played (I've still got Sapphire and Diamond sitting around waiting to be finished), and I really wanted to play Soul Silver to try and relive my favorite game in the series.

But I'll almost certainly wind up picking this up. Maybe I can just keep myself from getting it on release day like with the previous games.

AlexCraig
Jan 11, 2011, 09:36 PM
I already got the Crown Raikou. Gonna get the other two dogs and Celebi when they come out. I want to take advantage of all the events in-game.

And I will be starting with the grass starter as I ALWAYS start with the grass starter.

-Crokar-
Jan 12, 2011, 01:13 AM
yeah the one gamestop we have had to go inside for it the other one must have some super wifi as we could connect in the movie theatre quite a ways away

and i always start with fire although a fire pig doesnt turn my crank. Fire+Pig=Bacon?

Astarin
Jan 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
I skipped Soul Silver and Heart Gold, because I was just a little Pokemon'd out at the time. That generation (Gold/Silver/Crystal) was actually among my favourites, where I have some of my best memoriesBut I may grab for Black or White when they are released. I could go for another Nintendo DS obsession in a couple of months :P

Curious to see how the "changes" really stack up. The steps forward are, frankly, always relatively minor. I mean, the core gameplay is pretty good, but Nintendo is playing with fire if they go too long without tweaking things.

One change that I like the sound of, is that (apparently) EVERYTHING you see before the Elite Four will be completely new pokemon. Not a single old one until after. This is the best idea they've had in a long time! I'm sick of being like, wow, a brand new country, a whole new region to explore, with all new poke---oh, nope, I'm in a cave, and it's full of freakin' Geodude and Zubat. *rage*

Tyreek
Jan 12, 2011, 05:30 PM
I should ask if they are doing any rerelease events for the Shiny Raikou event on Nintendo Wifi, or release any of the other shiny legendary dogs at a later period for Zoroark. Apparently Gamestop gave me 0 notification about the events, despite all the emails they give me. And I came to find out it was the last day when I came to the store. And I had no DS on hand.

Jan 12, 2011, 06:20 PM
Getting black, because Erufuun is exclusive to that one.

edit maybe it's not exclusive but I still wana get black.

McLaughlin
Jan 12, 2011, 06:34 PM
I should ask if they are doing any rerelease events for the Shiny Raikou event on Nintendo Wifi, or release any of the other shiny legendary dogs at a later period for Zoroark. Apparently Gamestop gave me 0 notification about the events, despite all the emails they give me. And I came to find out it was the last day when I came to the store. And I had no DS on hand.

Entei is next week, Suicune is the last week of Januray I think. You only need one of them to get Zoroark.

Fayorei
Jan 13, 2011, 05:41 AM
I'm picking up Pokemon Black at launch. I think it's really cool each time a new Pokemon game comes out- I don't min/max but I have a good time of it anyways. I don't think it'll beat HG/SS for me though.:)

DoubleJG
Jan 17, 2011, 07:06 PM
Just a heads up for all you Poké Trainers out there, today is the beginning of the shiny Entei distribution at participating GameStops. Don't forget to download yours via local wireless mystery gift before the event passes. This event runs from the 17th to the 23rd.

Rashiid
Jan 17, 2011, 08:33 PM
Going to have to get it tomorrow or something. Would get now, but then I'd have to turn right back around to get LBP2 midnight release. >__>

Randomness
Jan 17, 2011, 08:55 PM
Just a heads up for all you Poké Trainers out there, today is the beginning of the shiny Entei distribution at participating GameStops. Don't forget to download yours via local wireless mystery gift before the event passes. This event runs from the 17th to the 23rd.

Level 30... with Flare Blitz, Howl, ExtremeSpeed, and Crush Claw.

Not a bad moveset.

More importantly to me, I've got a Zoroark coming whenever I pick up Black/White. (And so does my brother, since it shouldn't care if I trade the thing over to him for it)

AlexCraig
Jan 17, 2011, 09:01 PM
I'd have gotten a couple by now, but the weather turned ugly.

McLaughlin
Jan 17, 2011, 09:56 PM
Level 30... with Flare Blitz, Howl, ExtremeSpeed, and Crush Claw.

Not a bad moveset.

More importantly to me, I've got a Zoroark coming whenever I pick up Black/White. (And so does my brother, since it shouldn't care if I trade the thing over to him for it)

I actually wonder if each one can only flag the event once. I've read elsewhere if you clone it in HG/SS both will be able to trigger Zoroark, but I've not seen anyone try to get it a second time with the same pokemon.

Looks sort of like my Arcanine in SS. Too bad it lacks Morning Sun and Sunny Day (took forever to breed that...).

pikachief
Jan 18, 2011, 10:49 PM
oh man i remember getting Poke'mon yellow :)

Then i remember getting Poke'mon Crystal and being like... umm this is too much of the same thing as the last one!

Then I got Ruby version and thought... wow its still the same game...

So I also got Pearl and after trying 3 times after Yellow I have finally given up on buying the same game over and over again. Infact after about 3 weeks of owning Pearl I just gave it away to someone lol.

I don't think i've gotten past the second Gym leader on any poke'mon game except Yellow without getting bored / giving up lol

Kurono
Jan 19, 2011, 12:57 AM
I'll likely get the other version my partner doesn't get. She loves the games, I'm mostly just a casual player. .

Delete
Jan 19, 2011, 11:49 AM
I haven't played my DS in ages, heck...I barely have time for my 360 nowadays. But I think I'ma have to find some time to check this game out. Something bout Pokemon Never gets old.

leviayurashyguy
Jan 19, 2011, 04:13 PM
Arcanine gets a buff this gen: Close Combat and Wild Bolt. it might actually be a sweeping force to be reckoned with.

Rashiid
Jan 19, 2011, 04:29 PM
Aw snap. And since the Fire starter in this one is complete garbage for sweeping, I might get that. Or trade a Chimchar from Platinum >___>

McLaughlin
Jan 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
Can't catch Growlithe in either Black or White though can you? Guess I need to breed another one...

leviayurashyguy
Jan 19, 2011, 04:43 PM
you can catch one in White in it's exclusive area and such.

but the fire starter isn't complete garbage. it's Fighting secondary so it gets STAB CC which not many can survive and is more powerful than Blazekin and Infernape. it's just slow and crap defense (SR neutrality is a plus), but you can remedy that with Scarf or Baton Pass Speed Boost (FYI Blazekin gets it as a DW ability)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 19, 2011, 05:30 PM
based on nintendo power, you cant trade or catch any pokemon from the old generations "until the credits roll" which i am very happy for, i dont want the same rehash of pokemon from all the other games, i wanted new ones and i got em

DoubleJG
Jan 20, 2011, 11:32 PM
based on nintendo power, you cant trade or catch any pokemon from the old generations "until the credits roll" which i am very happy for, i dont want the same rehash of pokemon from all the other games, i wanted new ones and i got em

Unfortunately, you need two DS systems to trade from generation IV to V. Because of this, I may end up picking up a 3DS at launch.

Rashiid
Jan 21, 2011, 12:19 AM
I'll be happy to be a "transfer buddy" for you if you need some people from Gen IV in your Gen V. Don't even worry about me stealing stuff - I've got a friend that can hax me anything should I care enough, lol.

McLaughlin
Jan 21, 2011, 12:41 AM
I read somewhere (serebii.net? Can't remember) that the legendary dogs will end up on the WiFi Connect thing some time after the Gamestop event ends, so if you're local stores aren't doing it there's still hope down the line. Also read Celebi is supposed to be mystery gift-able in early February.

Anyway, got Entei today. Didn't even have to get out of my car. Hopefully I remember to get Suicune.

DoubleJG
Jan 21, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'll be happy to be a "transfer buddy" for you if you need some people from Gen IV in your Gen V. Don't even worry about me stealing stuff - I've got a friend that can hax me anything should I care enough, lol.

Thanks, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I'd much rather do it through a transfer buddy than buy a second DS.

kazuuya
Jan 21, 2011, 06:45 PM
I have preordered both Versions in german. ^^ Sad there are no preorder extras like with Heartgold and Soulsilver. But actually I can't wait for the games. *__* I love pokemon games since R/B/G. Actually at the beginning i thought:"Dear god, that aren't pokemon, they're so ugly!" But after some time passed I got used to most of the Gen V, and there are only a few left I still don't like much. x'D (Like the Trashbag thing.) But the Legendarys are awesome! I dunno which Version I'll start. (My Brother will start the other one.)

The Crown Dogs will be aviable in Europe with Wi-Fi I think... well at least that's in germany the case. xD (I have no Wi-Fi, so I have to go to McDonalds to get them all. TAT )

DoubleJG
Jan 23, 2011, 01:14 AM
May someone please enlighten me as to if Highlink is for local wifi only?

Rashiid
Jan 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/highlink.shtml

But yes, it seems to be local only.

AlexCraig
Jan 23, 2011, 12:37 PM
I got my Entei a few days ago. Waiting for the Suicune event. While getting my Entei, I pre-ordered white version. As soon as I got home, I started planning my future white version team XD

Rashiid
Jan 23, 2011, 01:26 PM
I need to start planning my team as well. I was waiting for some more info on everything to be released, but I feel that the JP have discovered everything possible so far stat/moveset wise. Going to be tough this time since we HAVE to use new people until endgame.

DoubleJG
Jan 23, 2011, 06:37 PM
Only local WiFi? That's terrible news for me. My one friend who will hopefully get it at some point lives 45 minutes away. I see him every couple of months or so. Ugh, and I got so excited for the exp boosts, etc.

Kurono
Jan 23, 2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/highlink.shtml

But yes, it seems to be local only.

Seems like a fair enough deal, and more reliable.
If you have friends, or even if you go to some events, you can easily find people to play with offline.

Tyreek
Jan 24, 2011, 07:29 PM
So I acted smart and downloaded shiny Entei into both Pearl and Heart Gold saves lol. I might do the same for Suicuine too.

Rashiid
Jan 25, 2011, 09:44 AM
I was thinking of that, but I honestly only want these for the B/W event, which actually only requires one. All my Platinum and HeartGold people are being transferred to my White version anyway. :<

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 26, 2011, 07:13 PM
so, i already forgot, what days is the suicune event going on?

Proto07
Jan 26, 2011, 10:54 PM
Undecided on which version to get. But def picking one up seeing as how Black/White will only be allowed at official tournaments this year.

so, i already forgot, what days is the suicune event going on?

31st to 6th. Ash's Pikachu will also be available from Toys R Us starting on the 31st.

DoubleJG
Jan 27, 2011, 03:37 AM
Not this week, but next week is when Suicune will be available.

BogusKun
Jan 28, 2011, 06:24 AM
I got White on release in Japan.

I chose Pokabu as my starter.

I will be getting Black for American version.

Proto07
Jan 28, 2011, 04:21 PM
Anybody know what the top tiers are?

MetaZedlen
Jan 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
Anybody know what the top tiers are?

Doryuzuu and Shandera, that's all you need to worry about.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2011, 08:57 PM
That Shandera thing has RIDICULOUS special attack, lol.

Proto07
Jan 28, 2011, 10:12 PM
That Shandera thing has RIDICULOUS special attack, lol.

For a non legendary, yes.

Rashiid
Jan 28, 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't even look at legendary Pokemon stats/moves/anything anymore. Catch 'n box. Been that way ever since the Battle Tower was introduced.

Proto07
Jan 28, 2011, 10:28 PM
I don't even look at legendary Pokemon stats/moves/anything anymore. Catch 'n box. Been that way ever since the Battle Tower was introduced.
It helps for me cause everybody I face runs 1 or 2 legendaries on their team. I only play at leagues. (only place I can use Shaymin =D)

Someone was telling me all B&W legendary were banned from competitive play so I guess I won't looking at stats/moves either.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 28, 2011, 10:32 PM
Shaymin is awesome, it takes the lead for cutest pokemon ever lol

Randomness
Jan 29, 2011, 12:35 AM
Shaymin is awesome, it takes the lead for cutest pokemon ever lol

Or would, if it wasn't for Pikachu.

Fayorei
Jan 29, 2011, 12:44 AM
Just a friendly, neighborhood reminder. Shiny Suicune at Gamestop on Monday, the 31st.:D I believe it runs for a week!

The dogs can be obtained via Wireless Gift mode, and are used to unlock Zoroark in Pokemon Black/White. :D

Rashiid
Jan 29, 2011, 02:01 AM
It helps for me cause everybody I face runs 1 or 2 legendaries on their team. I only play at leagues. (only place I can use Shaymin =D)

Someone was telling me all B&W legendary were banned from competitive play so I guess I won't looking at stats/moves either.

Dude that Bug/Fire type legendary is fucking ridonkulous. Should be banned from the game.

DoubleJG
Jan 29, 2011, 06:23 PM
Just a friendly, neighborhood reminder. Shiny Suicune at Gamestop on Monday, the 31st.:D I believe it runs for a week!

The dogs can be obtained via Wireless Gift mode, and are used to unlock Zoroark in Pokemon Black/White. :D

Also, Ash's Pikachu will be distributed at participating Toys'R'us stores from January 30th through February 13th via wireless download.

Fayorei
Jan 29, 2011, 07:15 PM
Also, Ash's Pikachu will be distributed at participating Toys'R'us stores from January 30th through February 13th via wireless download.

Thanks for the reminder! My roommate also told me later today so I was like "HOW DID I FORGETTTTT!?"

MetaZedlen
Jan 29, 2011, 07:27 PM
Dude that Bug/Fire type legendary is fucking ridonkulous. Should be banned from the game.

It's not quite as good as you might think, being that every time it switches into Stealth Rock, it loses half of its HP.

McLaughlin
Jan 29, 2011, 08:10 PM

I read somewhere that Celebi would be available some time in March too.

Proto07
Jan 29, 2011, 09:27 PM
I read somewhere that Celebi would be available some time in March too.Starting February 27th at Gamestop. Unlocks battle with Zorua in B&W.

Dr. Montague
Jan 30, 2011, 08:18 PM
Being myself, I've already pre-ordered White, along with gotten the 2 dogs that have already come out (b'-')b

However, the only thing that I'm not too happy about 5th Gen is the full confirmed list of English Pokemon names. Some of them are really just bad. Really bad. D:

Of course, I know I'll get over that within the first 2 weeks of playing.

Rashiid
Jan 30, 2011, 10:51 PM
The names are extremely cheesy, but I'm surprised they can still come up with half of these new ones despite using just about every creature known to man already.

Proto07
Jan 31, 2011, 02:33 PM
Anyone notice how similar new pokes are to existing ones?

Throh/Sawk = Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Leavanny = Roserade
Whimisicott = Jumpluff
Krookodile = Feraligatr
Gothitelle = Mismagius
Reuniclus = Rotom
Sawsbuck = Stantler
Emolga = Pachirisu
Alomomola = Luvdisc
Beartic = Ursaring
Bouffalant = Tauros
Lilligant = Bellossom

McLaughlin
Jan 31, 2011, 02:54 PM
The Gamestop Suicune has Extreme Speed, Aerial Ace, Aqua Ring and an Ice OHKO move I forget the name of.

DoubleJG
Jan 31, 2011, 06:31 PM
Anyone notice how similar new pokes are to existing ones?

Throh/Sawk = Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Leavanny = Roserade
Whimisicott = Jumpluff
Krookodile = Feraligatr
Gothitelle = Mismagius
Reuniclus = Rotom
Sawsbuck = Stantler
Emolga = Pachirisu
Alomomola = Luvdisc
Beartic = Ursaring
Bouffalant = Tauros
Lilligant = Bellossom

Alomomola is Luvdisc's evolution, if I remember correctly. As for the others, yes, they will obviously have to start using the same animals in order to keep creating newer Pokémon. I'm OK with this, seeing how there are several different breeds of dogs, cats, etc in the real world as well. I will say that I'm not a big fan of Bouffalant, though.

The Gamestop Suicune has Extreme Speed, Aerial Ace, Aqua Ring and an Ice OHKO move I forget the name of.

Sheer Cold.

I also pre-ordered my copy of Black Version yesterday. According to the poll results, the two version are split down the middle as of now.

DoubleJG
Feb 6, 2011, 07:20 PM
Last day to get your shiny suicunes.

McLaughlin
Feb 6, 2011, 10:18 PM
Next event is the Celebi at the beginning of March?

I tried getting Ash's Pikachu from the parking lot of my Toys R Us but had no luck, and I can't be bothered to actually go in. Is it any good?

Vintasticvin
Feb 7, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hmmm, so far most of the pokemon I've seen looks pretty ugly and beyon unattractive to me specialy the startes.

DoubleJG
Feb 7, 2011, 06:41 PM
Next event is the Celebi at the beginning of March?

I tried getting Ash's Pikachu from the parking lot of my Toys R Us but had no luck, and I can't be bothered to actually go in. Is it any good?

Other than it being in a premier ball, there's nothing out of the ordinary about it as far as moves go. It simply mimics Ash's Pikachu from the show.

According to Serebii.net, the legendary beasts of Johto are being redistributed once more but via wireless. Is this true? If so, are you able to download them again since they have different OTs?

ARASHIKAGE
Feb 7, 2011, 06:57 PM
Hmmm, so far most of the pokemon I've seen looks pretty ugly and beyon unattractive to me specialy the startes.

I have to agree with Vintasticvin, most of the pokemon don't really stand out as friendly or iconic to me. With the exception of: Hihidarumahttp://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/1/1c/Hihidaruma.png
Maybe I just need to dive into this new game to become attached to the new pokemon.

Pokemon is kind of like gamer crack-cocaine, once you get into it it's hard to put it down and you realize why it's been around for so long. It's a quality game with kiddy overtones, when you break away from the childlike persona you understand why it rivals Mario for the best selling franchise of all time. It is hands down one of the best video games ever made.

Proto07
Feb 7, 2011, 07:10 PM
Just want Zoroark already! D=

Saw the latest movie and Zoroark is a beast. And huge too. O.o

ARASHIKAGE
Feb 7, 2011, 07:57 PM
In every pokemon game I've played I always started with the grass starter. I think this time I'll go with the fire pig, something about fire pig seems cool.
[spoiler-box]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/327/f/7/tepig_by_nintendrawer-d336wtp.png[/spoiler-box]

Rashiid
Feb 7, 2011, 08:34 PM
In every pokemon game I've played I always started with the grass starter.

:trout:

Bad! Bad!

Tyreek
Feb 7, 2011, 08:36 PM
Snivy is what I'll be going for this time. I've been going fire since Torchic, as I never chose a fire starter. But I think its safe to go grass again. Especially since its a snake starter this time lol. I have a fascination with snakes to be honest, even though they freak me out. Love hate relationships lol.

DoubleJG
Feb 7, 2011, 09:54 PM
My original starter for each gen was:

Charmander
Chikorita (might have been Cyndaquil, but I love me some chikachika)
Treecko
Turtwig
Snivy OR whatever the water otter is.

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2011, 10:16 PM
I've gone for the grass starter in every game, until I started trading myself all three using my old phat DS.

Proto07
Feb 7, 2011, 11:29 PM
Only the cool kids chose Bulbasaur as their starter. You can't deny his awesomeness.

McLaughlin
Feb 7, 2011, 11:31 PM
Except for how goddamn long it took him to learn Vine Whip.

Rashiid
Feb 7, 2011, 11:41 PM
I always do Fire. I may do Grass when I restart for lols, but I end up having to restart again. Venasaur was the only cool one since it had Leech Seed, so Sinvy will be okay since it gets it as well. I'm going to do Water this time though.

The Fire/Ghost chandelier Pokemon is just too broken, lol. 145 base Special Attack!?

I don't plan on restarting this time though. Too many event mofos I'm trading over and stuff, so I'll keep it.

DoubleJG
Feb 8, 2011, 12:10 AM
I always do Fire. I may do Grass when I restart for lols, but I end up having to restart again. Venasaur was the only cool one since it had Leech Seed, so Sinvy will be okay since it gets it as well. I'm going to do Water this time though.

The Fire/Ghost chandelier Pokemon is just too broken, lol. 145 base Special Attack!?

I don't plan on restarting this time though. Too many event mofos I'm trading over and stuff, so I'll keep it.

I looooooooove how Chandelure looks. Its Dream World self will be banned from competitive play, though. Shadow tag is too beastly, especially with that godly SpAtk.

Rashiid
Feb 8, 2011, 12:16 AM
I'm not concerned with competitive play since online is a scary, scary place in the Pokemon world. As long as it's allowed in the Frontier, it's fair game in my book. Ever since I got raped by an Entei by some Frontier Brain...; ;

I HAVE ENTEI IN MY BOX
NIGGA STOLE MAH SHIT

Randomness
Feb 8, 2011, 12:20 AM
The problem with Pokemon as a competitive deal is RNGs.

Because lets face it, the guy who hacked or got stupid lucky or wasted years of his life getting perfect pokemon is going to win. There's more room for grinding in Pokemon than in Disgaea.

Specifically, a full team of perfect-EVs would take 6,442,450,944 captures on average, assuming a fair distribution of EVs. Of course, since the odds of one perfect are 1/1,073,741,824... Well, I think hitting 9999 in Disgaea might be less grueling on your sanity.

Rashiid
Feb 8, 2011, 09:33 AM
Only thing I go out of my way for is nature. I can't be bothered with EV's and certainly not IV's.

DoubleJG
Feb 8, 2011, 03:31 PM
I read that 5th gen makes competitive play a bit easier, stat-wise. I believe I read that when breeding, the best stat of both parents will always be passed down. It makes it a little easier when trying to get those 31 IVs.

Randomness
Feb 8, 2011, 04:19 PM
I read that 5th gen makes competitive play a bit easier, stat-wise. I believe I read that when breeding, the best stat of both parents will always be passed down. It makes it a little easier when trying to get those 31 IVs.

Interesting. Note to self: Breed a perfect Ditto.

ARASHIKAGE
Feb 8, 2011, 07:58 PM
Snivy is what I'll be going for this time. I've been going fire since Torchic, as I never chose a fire starter. But I think its safe to go grass again. Especially since its a snake starter this time lol. I have a fascination with snakes to be honest, even though they freak me out. Love hate relationships lol.

I hear ya, I'm the same with spiders, they are like my number three fear but I'm fascinated with them. (Don't ask what fear number one and two are)

The grass starter didn't look like a snake to me, maybe I havn't got a good enough look at him. *looks for pictures*
Three Starters:
[spoiler-box]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/134/c/0/c0cac515d702419cffc3f9e837e0005c.jpghttp://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/154/d/9/Mijumaru_by_yoshitaka.pnghttp://images2.fanpop.com/image/forum/70000/70497_1281109560297_full.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Oh I see, when it evolves it losses front then back legs- http://www.blurtit.com/var/question/q/q4/q48/q482/q4825/q4825852_3189807_517_2ilnhi9.jpg.png

McLaughlin
Feb 8, 2011, 08:07 PM
That otter turns into a badass.

Rashiid
Feb 8, 2011, 09:06 PM
Note to self: Get 3 Wailords and Wifi battle.
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/halolz-dot-com-pokemonblackwhite-6wailordfight.jpg

Outrider
Feb 9, 2011, 02:49 PM
That otter turns into a badass.

Yeah, what the heck happened between stage 2 and stage 3?

Vanzazikon
Feb 10, 2011, 02:13 AM
he fkn srs'd like gyarados

ARASHIKAGE
Feb 15, 2011, 09:49 PM
If you had a choice to live in the Pokemon world, who would you date?

Misty? [spoiler-box]http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/8/4/11/pokemon-trainer-misty-2789-1280934328-6.jpghttp://www.freewebs.com/pokemon200/character_misty1.jpg http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/sexy_pokemon_cosplay_008-465x359.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Whitlea?
[spoiler-box]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcvhcr84Vw1qd8vmno1_500.jpghttp://imageftw.com/uploads/20101221/touko41.1.pnghttp://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5xpshBPgB1qzivt5o1_500.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Red? [spoiler-box]http://www.wolfhurricane.com/images/misc/pokemon_red.jpghttp://images.cosplay.com/i/members/200/128510.jpghttp://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lghe86gzzn1qeujxno1_500.png[/spoiler-box]

Or someone else?

[spoiler-box]http://www.arthistoryclub.com/art_history/upload/0/07/Snorlax.bmp[/spoiler-box]

Btw is Nintendo running out of names... Whitlea, is that a made up name?

http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/BWGym22.png
Blair
http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/BWGym21.png
Whitlea

MetaZedlen
Feb 16, 2011, 03:44 PM
^I'd suggest using the Edit button man.

And in case you haven't caught on, this generation is just LOADED with punny names.

Rashiid
Feb 16, 2011, 05:20 PM
Hell, back in the day, your character was the damn name of the game. Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, etc. At least they're taking it to the next step by somehow making them have somewhat of a real name, lol.

AlexCraig
Feb 16, 2011, 06:13 PM
Not like anyone actually goes by the name of the character given in the game :p

I seriously hope I can get White when it comes out. I wanna get that Victini event...

Naruuchiha1313
Feb 16, 2011, 11:17 PM
I've been a long time pokemon fan, which is frustrating since I'm going into high school next year and still like it... but I pre-ordered black about a month ago, I choosing snivy,tsutarja as my starter. as soon as I get it, I'm posting my friend code!

If you had a choice to live in the Pokemon world, who would you date?

Whitlea, she looks older than the other female trainers of past generations, and short shorts, god I'm an epic perv! XD

Rashiid
Feb 16, 2011, 11:25 PM
Use high school to train for college.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/katietiedrich/comic146.png

Randomness
Feb 17, 2011, 01:06 AM
That comic sums it up nicely.

DoubleJG
Feb 17, 2011, 08:07 PM
Totally loving that comic strip.

ARASHIKAGE
Feb 21, 2011, 06:03 PM
I reserved White today, here we go again...!

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2011, 08:55 PM
Celebi is currently running this week at Gamestop for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver

I don't think it does anything for Black/White, but it's good for those who missed the first time it happened.

Tyreek
Feb 21, 2011, 09:13 PM
Has there been any talk about redistribution of the legendaries via Nintendo wifi?

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2011, 09:17 PM
Today was Suicune. Yesterday was Entei. No word on Raikou again yet.

AlexCraig
Feb 21, 2011, 09:25 PM
Raikou was a couple weeks ago
Entei was last week.
Suicune is this week.
Celebi is at GameStop.

I got 4 Celebi's today. Gonna hop on the WiFi in a bit to get one last Suicune.

Rashiid
Feb 21, 2011, 09:31 PM
Oh it's all week (dogs)? My friend told me it was today only. That's good news.

Randomness
Feb 21, 2011, 11:51 PM
Oh it's all week (dogs)? My friend told me it was today only. That's good news.

Hmm, note to self, fire up the WiFi this weekend when I'm at home.

And reserve a copy of White. Or Black. I don't remember which my brother wanted, and I don't have a preference, since any uniques I'll just grab off him anyways.

McLaughlin
Feb 22, 2011, 12:01 AM
I must really hate Raikou subconsciously. Oh well.

DoubleJG
Feb 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
Importing Celebi into Black/White unlocks a Zorua event just as the importing of a shiny beast unlocks the Zoroark event.

I will be updating to a DSi if and when US ToysRus stores begin to carry the black & white DSi bundle. That thing looks so damn amazing.

Firocket1690
Feb 22, 2011, 09:50 PM
Only thing I go out of my way for is nature. I can't be bothered with EV's and certainly not IV's.

A friend of mine can RNG a 31/31/31/31/31/31 in a few hours, or so he claims. I dunno how much time he's eaten up to resetting the RNG counter.

Personally, I go as far as breeding fathers for moves, breeding down two IVs, then breeding one of my ditto natures down. The result is usually 2 IVs at 31, and relevant nature. 4th gen EV training is easier than ever, with the +4 braces.

I accidentally got a reserve for one of the two new games, but I doubt I'll take them seriously; they were mainly for aforementioned friend. I think maybe this generation or next, I'm only gonna be buying the remakes, and enjoy being a few years behind the times. I seriously cannot be assed to know 600+ monsters, not to mention copious amounts of power creep offsetting the game balance.

AlexCraig
Feb 22, 2011, 10:28 PM
I must really hate Raikou subconsciously. Oh well.

Funny, I seem to be the only one out there that LIKES Raikou. Poor thing gets no love :/

So my girlfriend is being uberly awesome for me. She's sending me some money that I can use to buy my pre-ordered White Version. She will then buy Black Version (most likely) for herself.

Mustache
Feb 23, 2011, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure which version I'm getting yet, I have to double check with my friends so I can fill out my dex.

Anyway I'm definitely starting with Oshawott(Water Starter). While the fire starter is best both stat and attack wise it's still not as good as Darmanitan(Fire Ape thing) so the fire one won't see play in my team through the hole game. Smugleaf** is the worst starter ever, move over Maganium you've been trumped.

My team for post game will be all 5th gen pokemon, this is what I'm looking at;

Samurott(Water, Special Attack)
Darmanitan(Fire Physical and Fire, Phychc special attack)
Archtops(Rock flying Physical House. Even with it's awful ability half attack/special attack when hp is below half it's stats are just too good to pass up.)
Zoroark(Special Attack//Speed)
Haxorus(DRAGON)
Terrakion(If it's not legendary...not sure yet, but Rock Fighting!)

I'll possibly use the Bug/Steel non legendary, Bug//Fire , and Fire//Ghost as replacements if needed.

Proto07
Feb 24, 2011, 07:33 PM
Thank goodness these promotional events are almost over. I've grown tired of going to GameStop to download my pokies. The store is way outta my way.

here's what will most likely be my B&W team.
http://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/635.pnghttp://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/623.pnghttp://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/612.pnghttp://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/609.pnghttp://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/637.pnghttp://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/625.pngorhttp://pokebeach.com/images/sprites/black-white/a/646.png

I don't know if Kyurem will be allowed. I really want a shiny Golurk, if anyone catches one gibz 2 me. :)

Rashiid
Feb 24, 2011, 10:01 PM
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/14/567.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/99/503.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/e5/609.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8a/620.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/9a/612.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8c/571.png

Possibly http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/a/ab/530.png thrown in there somehow.
This is all pre-Elite 4 of course. I'll have some old gens in there. I doubt I'll be able to just stick with 6, lol. I'll just use whoever the hell I want. Not like I have to worry about fighting people, just the damn Battle Zone.

McLaughlin
Feb 24, 2011, 10:23 PM
That green one reminds me of shiny Groudon.

NeonaPulsar
Feb 25, 2011, 12:07 AM
Why are the votes more over to White, then black? Just curious. :-D :-P

Mustache
Feb 25, 2011, 12:28 AM
Unlike the previous games that had minimal changes between the too games black and white are going to differ from each other much more.

Black version will have Black City, an exclusive technologically advanced city, as well as aesthetic changes to make other areas(Like Opelucid City) seems advanced and "Tron-ish."

White Version has White Forest, an exclusive to White Version only, it gives white an extra 32 pokemon on black version. The aesthetic changes in this game are more rustic.

In addition there will be different gym leaders with the same teams in each game.

AC9breaker
Feb 25, 2011, 01:38 AM
You know I was planning on skipping out on this game because I get so anal about EV IV training my teams and Gamefreak doesn't make it any easier for you to do this kind of training except drop subtle bullshit hints.

But lately I've found the perfect time for some mobile gaming and would prefer it be something that doesn't involve PSP touching, so I'm thinking of picking up the White Version DSi Bundle. I've wanted to get a DSi for a while and now seems like a good excuse. Plus all the new snazzy features for this game are making it hard for me to ignore it. It'll be nice to get sucked into the whole poke world again since the last time I played was Ruby Sapphire Emerald Generation.

Proto07
Feb 25, 2011, 02:00 PM
i want an excuse to buy the white DSi bundle but I already own a black ds lite. (Bought it for $40 at a pokemon league. :D) And if the 3DS is really awesome the DSi will be a waste of money.

AC9breaker
Feb 25, 2011, 03:55 PM
The low battery life and 300 dollar price tag turn me away from picking it up at launch. I'd much rather buy a PS slim or the new 360 model then drop 300 bones on that. Plus I'm sure Nintendo will eventually come out with a redesign for the 3DS that will be better then what's launching in March.

Rashiid
Feb 25, 2011, 04:36 PM
3DSi XL SP will be released in July. Just wait.

Shinji Kazuya
Feb 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
Why are the votes more over to White, then black? Just curious. :-D :-P

The only reason I'm getting White instead of Black is because I prefer Zekrom. :wacko:

Proto07
Mar 6, 2011, 06:11 PM
Picked up Black today for a few reasons. Fire/Dragon might be useful, my friends are picking up White for Zekrom, and Walmart had no more White in stock.

Btw I picked up the strategy guide cause of Walmarts deal (25% off guide). Book totally sucks. Volume 2 will have the Unova pokedex and it won't come out til April 25th!

DoubleJG
Mar 6, 2011, 06:22 PM
Picked up Black today for a few reasons. Fire/Dragon might be useful, my friends are picking up White for Zekrom, and Walmart had no more White in stock.

Btw I picked up the strategy guide cause of Walmarts deal (25% off guide). Book totally sucks. Volume 2 will have the Unova pokedex and it won't come out til April 25th!

Was it the collector's edition? It looked really nice, but the Pokémon guides have sucked lately. Well, except for the Platinum guide... That book was a beast.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2011, 06:39 PM
I don't see the point in guide books for games like this when you have sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia :x

Randomness
Mar 6, 2011, 06:41 PM
I don't see the point in guide books for games like this when you have sites like Serebii and Bulbapedia :x

I don't see the point in guides period when I can just look on Gamefaqs for everything. (Or a more specialized site, in the case of things like Pokemon)

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2011, 06:47 PM
I prefer player guides anyway, they actually tell you when the best time it is to do stuff. An official guide will just show you how to get through the game, then after the final boss page, it'll say

"SIDE QUESTS (but I'm sure they're obsolete now)"

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2011, 06:55 PM

Can't speak for anyone else but I buy them almost exclusively for the artwork. Any information they have is almost irrelevant to me. I bought the Collector's guide off Amazon yesterday. Should be here by Wednesday I think.

AlexCraig
Mar 6, 2011, 07:55 PM
I will buy White version once I have the money. Not sure about a guide (as money is slim) which is why I'd likely be using Serebii a lot. If I have money in the future, I'll likely buy the guide.

Proto07
Mar 6, 2011, 09:54 PM

Toilet read.

Was it the collector's edition? It looked really nice, but the Pokémon guides have sucked lately. Well, except for the Platinum guide... That book was a beast.Nah its the regular edition. Hardcover has pokedex shud of got that ><

Dr. Montague
Mar 6, 2011, 10:30 PM
I just skip guides altogether nowadays. If I'm stuck at a point, and have no way of getting out within my thoughts, then I'll look on GameFAQs, but otherwise, I just find the game more fun to go through with little knowledge or outside help :3

Got White today. Enjoying it. :D

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2011, 10:51 PM
First time through I don't like using a guide. Pokemon is different. We get the picture - same shit since Gen I. I don't like wasting time leveling a Pokemon that'll just be obsolete next route. I always pre-plan a party.

PhantasyQueen
Mar 6, 2011, 11:58 PM
I plan to get this on my R4 pretty soon, I got bored with Platinum and never finished it but I have a feeling I will thoroughly enjoy this (at least for a few weeks).

ARASHIKAGE
Mar 7, 2011, 12:19 AM
I picked up White today, I'm thinking I should have gone with the Grass starter for the speed... and the game changes with seasons? Interesting

Proto07
Mar 7, 2011, 01:21 PM
I picked Snivy cause I might make a snake team later. I also beat the gym leader with my lvl 15 Snivy lol. :D I didn't pick up the monkey you get in the dreamyard til after.

AlexCraig
Mar 7, 2011, 02:32 PM
I haven't been able to get my game yet. I hope I can tomorrow... at least sometime this week.

McLaughlin
Mar 7, 2011, 03:18 PM
EB Games was sold out of White, but Best Buy came through. Probably should have just waited until tomorrow though. Need to make another trip to pick up Dragon Age II.

What do you have to do to get that Fire/Psychic legendary? I remember seeing somewhere that it'd only be available until some time in April.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 7, 2011, 03:33 PM
Got the Black version. It's the first pokemon game since Gold/Silver/Heart Gold/Superior Silver that I've felt a compelling drive to play. Maybe it's the fact that there's no instantly recognizable pokemon around, maybe the 3D rendering is making it feel fresher as well, but there's something about it that makes me actually want to play. I have a feeling this'll be the first pokemon game since Silver/SS that I see to some form of completion.

Congrats Gamefreak, you finally got me again.

Linka
Mar 7, 2011, 05:19 PM
McLaughlin, to get Victini, the fire/psychic Victory pokemon, you gotta use the mystery gift option at the title screen, and search gifts over wifi. once you get the gift downloaded, go into the game, go to a pokemon center/pokemart, and get the liberty pass from a guy just inside the door on the left. once you hit a certain port town, you can use that pass to reach Liberty Island, which contains a tower, which the basement of contains Victini.

unlike other legendaries, though, you can infinitely refight Victini till it's caught. oh, and its level 15.

honestly, i'm gonna catch it, but i'm gonna like the event version for the next duo of movies better, since it gets a unique move called V-Generate. and yes, instead of one next movie, there's a pair. *points at Serebii.net*check it if ya dont believe me.

btw, for those having trouble with the first gym, head to the dreamyard east of the town, and talk to the girl on the far right. she'll give you a monkey pokemon of the type that can beat the one used by the gym leader you'll face. Pansear if you picked Oshawott, Pansage if you picked Tepig, and Panpour if you picked Snivy, since the gym leader's second pokemon will be one of those three, but be at a type advantage over your starter...leaving YOUR monkey having an advantage over their's!

...also, once you hit route 6, then for you Axew and Iris fans, there's a cave accessible from route 6 where you can get an Axew.

Vanzazikon
Mar 7, 2011, 06:07 PM
Oh wow, the games are out already? I really need to get my DS repaired...

Linka
Mar 7, 2011, 09:05 PM
since yesterday, dude.

AC9breaker
Mar 7, 2011, 11:00 PM
My game should be coming in the mail tomorrow. Got the White DSi bundle. woot, excited.

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2011, 11:44 PM
Keep in mind you need Surf to get to the cave with Axew inside of it. I just beat the 8th gym. About to find out how rape the Elite Four is this time.

Linka
Mar 8, 2011, 01:22 AM
oh really? huh. well, might be abit before i get there anyway. the pokemon musicals have me distracted. i find canes, tennis rackets, and anything else that's spun for an appeal works best when the pokemon is rolling or jumping. aside from that, its getting to be annoying figuring out what works best and when in what musicals. i'm thinking throwing a hat or rose should be saved for the very end, but i'm not sure.

BogusKun
Mar 8, 2011, 04:42 AM
I just got the Black version for US... my friend code is 0132 1166 2778.
I also have the Japanese WHITE version from last year the day it came out.

PM me if you want to be friends on PKMN B/W/SSHG (i have diamond too)

kazuuya
Mar 8, 2011, 09:22 AM
European People have the Games since Friday. ~ I already finished the Story, and it was so gorgeous! And I found so many Favourites in the new Pokemon. I especially love Braviary the new eagle Flying pokemon, and the sarcophagus one, Cofagrigus. The first Ghost Type I really like, since I always stick with Earth, Steel and Stone Type Pokemon. xD (Steelix, Claydol... <333 ) And in my Opinion the funniest of the new Pokemon is Stunfisk, have you seen it's gaze? Creppy and weird. xD

Linka
Mar 8, 2011, 04:03 PM
savin the online play for after i beat the game. but i'm betting half my time doing online matches is gonna be due to the gym system group i have. it's pretty neat really. me and some friends on Xbox live represent 9 gyms and an elite four for the Orre region from the two gamecube games, and the system is to be challenged as people go through Black and White.

however, there's two twists. one, each gym and elite four member focuses on a theme of TWO types instead of one. and second, well...each gym has a battle type tied to it. first two are single battles, 3 pokemon each. third's a 3-pokemon rotation battle. 4 and 5 are 4-pokemon double battles. 6 is a 2-pokemon per trainer Multi battle, which is a double battle with 4 trainers for those who forgot. 7 and 8 are triples with 3 pokemon. 9's a 6 pokemon rotation. E4 member 1's a single. number 2's a double. 3's a triple. 4's random between single, double, and triple each time. and the champion gets to pick what type each time.

my gym is number 8, and its fire/poison. my friend Aluor is number 7 with ground/grass. my friend Blockhead is E4 member 3 with Bug/Elec. my friend Dark Encryptor is E4 member 2 with Fighting/Flying. lastly, Blockhead and Dark's friend Cody is dark/ghost as E4 member 1.

but i'm thinking of changing my gym's types. should i go dark/steel? i wanna use Zoroark, and the new 'kamen rider' style pokemon who's name i can't remember.

SubstanceD
Mar 8, 2011, 05:49 PM
Pokemon White. The main reason for my choice was that I wanted was that I thought Zekrom was a much cooler looking "Legendary" monster than Reshiram.

So far it is alot of fun although I am finding it a bit more difficult than previous pokemon games, it's harder to power level your way through the early stages since the exp you get is dependant on the level of the pokemon you are using is and the level of your oponent is.

DoubleJG
Mar 9, 2011, 01:08 AM
Started my White version the morning of launch in the US and recently received my 4th gym badge. Currently wandering around Driftveil and enjoying it.

Proto07
Mar 9, 2011, 02:09 PM
Got my butt whooped at school. :(

Ah well. My team sucks.

Shinji Kazuya
Mar 9, 2011, 02:30 PM
Both version arrived today, White for me and Black for one of my neiborhood friends, and so far it's great. I just started a bit ago, still at Accumula Town.

Rashiid
Mar 9, 2011, 07:09 PM
I'm already like Lv60 endgame ._. I played so much xD already 40 hours logged in.
Don't fuck with endgame - first trainer you fight in the endgame area is like Lv65...

...You finish the main game around Lv50. Rude ass awakening. Oh, and for the love of anything, avoid dark patches in the endgame routes. Lv68+ mobs in some areas. I almost wiped to a fucking Golbat.

This game is ridiculous xD

AC9breaker
Mar 9, 2011, 08:45 PM
So I got some questions that I'm doubtful people here will be able to answer but Im gonna ask anyway. Working on a team and move sets and was wondering, when you use substitute, does the doll use your pokemon Def/Spc. Def stat? or is it something else different.

Also, will I be able to bring some of my pokemans from Diamond to White?

Rashiid
Mar 10, 2011, 07:31 AM
For the second question, yes, but:

1) You'll need two DS's
2) You must beat the Elite Four in order to access the area in which you can do so.

I've never really used Substitute so I don't know. I'm sure Google knows, or Serebii/Bulbapedia.

Linka
Mar 10, 2011, 12:39 PM
actually, if you go to castelia city, somewhere in the second floor of one of the buildings on the lefthand side of one of the alleyways, there's a guy with a machine, but needs a password to allow you to use it. i forget the first half of the password, but the second half is 'simple connection'. the device works like the poketransfer, but only for event pokemon, such as the dog trio, celebi, or the capsule thing that hasn't been released yet. serebii.net has the whole password, so check there.

AC9breaker
Mar 13, 2011, 08:18 AM
Hey anyone up for helping me trade evolve some Pokemons? I'm trying to get my Boldore to Evolve.

Friend code is 0604 5668 9133, I've also got the White Exclusive Petelia if you guys are interested for your pokedex.

DoubleJG
Mar 14, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hey anyone up for helping me trade evolve some Pokemons? I'm trying to get my Boldore to Evolve.

Friend code is 0604 5668 9133, I've also got the White Exclusive Petelia if you guys are interested for your pokedex.

I can help you at a later time today. Say, 8PM PST or so.

AC9breaker
Mar 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
I'm on now if you wanna try. add me on MSN and we can do this.

Proto07
Mar 17, 2011, 08:10 PM
Curious to know everyones progress.

I just beat the first playthrough and I am on Route 15. Would have beaten the game sooner but I tried my best to complete the pokedex as I played the story. I have 69 pokie with only 2 pokemon near level 60; Serperior and Scrafty. Btw Scrafty is amazing! ^.^ I took the advice of the official strategy guide and made her learn the moves Brick Break, Crunch, Sludge Bomb and Dragon Tail. Scrafty alone beat the Elite 4 :D

Rashiid
Mar 17, 2011, 08:40 PM
I'd use that thing if it were faster =/ Has too many common weaknesses and gets killed too fast.

I've been done for awhile. My main team is all around 68, but I'm leveling and evolving random Pokemon from my box. I might swap out someone for Rotom. His Fan form is rape.

Proto07
Mar 17, 2011, 09:07 PM
Did you get Rotom from the Ditto fangirl?

I was wondering if it was worth leveling Druddigon. Just to see if he can stand up with Haxorus and the 3 headed dragon.

Rashiid
Mar 17, 2011, 09:10 PM
I gotta get that Rotom as well. The one I have is one I had in Platinum. I should go and get 4 more so I can troll my friends with 6 Rotom xD

Shinji Kazuya
Mar 18, 2011, 12:17 AM
Curious to know everyones progress.

I got to Driftveil City not long ago. Heading to the Cold Storage soon. Also infected the three Shiny Legendaries (Raikou, Entei and Suicune) I had on Platinum with the Pokérus virus then passed them over to White via the Relocator. :wacko:

NeonaPulsar
Mar 18, 2011, 12:39 AM
I have recently beat the elite four. It was exciting. Only bad part, my Zekrom came out of it with a Hardy nature. Bad in hte sence of wanting to train it.

Anyway, i am now breeding Zorua.

Shinji Kazuya
Mar 18, 2011, 01:14 PM
Anyway, i am now breeding Zorua.

You have Zorua? I couldn't get it 'cause the closest store that was offering Celebi is like 170 kilometers from where I live.

AC9breaker
Mar 18, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'm on Victory Road right now and getting ready to challenge the Elite four for the first time. Chose Acheops over Shell dood, eagerly awaiting to transfer my beast EV trained doods from Diamond, and incorporating two doods from this generation into my Roster since some of the guys are just too good and are begging to be used in a trick room setup. I'm looking at you Cofigarius!

Alisha
Mar 18, 2011, 07:40 PM
didnt think you would still post here ac9. i just rejoined the online world a couple days ago >_> finally got a full time job.

on topic i just started playing i choose the grass starter im at the part where you meet the pokemon prof at the pokemon center D:

AlexCraig
Mar 18, 2011, 07:44 PM
FINALLY got my White Version!

Shinji Kazuya
Mar 18, 2011, 08:33 PM
FINALLY got my White Version!

Gratz Alex. Have fun with it. It's great! :wacko:

EJ
Mar 18, 2011, 08:44 PM
i already got black and so far only on the third gym and am having fun playing

NegaTsukasa
Mar 20, 2011, 02:58 PM
I've followed the series since red and blue. there is no excuse to stop now. ^^

I got Black Version.

Randomness
Mar 20, 2011, 03:57 PM
Got White. Just cleared fourth gym, almost managed to beat leader without using type weaknesses... then he used items.

Now to go backtrack and grab Zoroark.

EJ
Mar 20, 2011, 10:10 PM
So I got some questions that I'm doubtful people here will be able to answer but Im gonna ask anyway. Working on a team and move sets and was wondering, when you use substitute, does the doll use your pokemon Def/Spc. Def stat? or is it something else different.

Also, will I be able to bring some of my pokemans from Diamond to White?

Sub uses both your pokemon defs and whatever status raising moves like light screen ans reflect. It also helps that whatever you pokemon HP divide that by 4 and you get the HP of the sub. So a sub is great to have when you using on a pokemon with high HP like vaporeon because it is very bulky and hard to take down.

BogusKun
Mar 21, 2011, 06:48 AM
Right now I am EV training my pokemon. It is a long process after level 50. I discovered of of my pokemon containing a PokeVirus so I boxed him. I will use it to EV train smaller pokemon.

pso_crash
Mar 21, 2011, 02:51 PM
I have black now, but will be picking up white for my kiddo soon.

AC9breaker
Mar 21, 2011, 03:13 PM
I've got a couple of back up poke with Pokevirus if any body wants it. I've got 4 doods already EV trained which I brought from Diamond, but planning on switching one out and definitely picking up 2 from this generation.

Also I was watching this bullshit ass battle on the Wifi this dood, was using that retarded looking beaver pokemon from diamond and pearl, Bibarel I think his name is. Basically he was using him as a staller, Protect, Toxic, Substitute, and Surf with leftovers on. The pokemon natural ability was moody so it would raise it's evasion and make it a bitch to hit him. In the end the other dood managed to beat him, but it'lll really made me think and want to revaluate how I deal with stallers. It was a GG. 49 moves in that game.

Proto07
Mar 21, 2011, 10:20 PM
I EV trained my first pokemon today. :D My Crobat got a shiny ribbon for its effort. I know for dragons everyones choosing either Haxorous or Hydreigon but I really like Druddigon. The Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet combo is fun.

Rashiid
Mar 22, 2011, 06:25 AM
Yeah ever since they made Rough Skin 1/8th of HP now, anyone that has that generally slaps on a Rocky Helmet as well. A good improvement imo.

AC9breaker
Mar 25, 2011, 12:29 PM
So here's a curveball I doubt anyone here can hit. Currently working on breeding my pokemons and had some question about IV's specifically on weather or not I can manipulate them during breeding. I remember reading somewhere that in SoulSilver HeartGold there where items you could give to the parent pokemon that facilitate in your the offspring inheriting the IV's of the parent pokemon. Items like the Power anklet and such. I'm wondering if this still works on B/W and if it's possible to also manipulate a pokemons nature in a similar fashion.

Also if anyone has an idea when the dream world will be up? I can't finish breeding my ultimate pokemons without some of the abilities those pokemons offer.

Randomness
Mar 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
So here's a curveball I doubt anyone here can hit. Currently working on breeding my pokemons and had some question about IV's specifically on weather or not I can manipulate them during breeding. I remember reading somewhere that in SoulSilver HeartGold there where items you could give to the parent pokemon that facilitate in your the offspring inheriting the IV's of the parent pokemon. Items like the Power anklet and such. I'm wondering if this still works on B/W and if it's possible to also manipulate a pokemons nature in a similar fashion.

Also if anyone has an idea when the dream world will be up? I can't finish breeding my ultimate pokemons without some of the abilities those pokemons offer.

It was supposed to be up on the 30th, but the site has announced an indefinite delay last I checked due to the whole earthquake and such.

I could test the thing about braces if I had one... I figure the odds of a false positive are low since the Judge is going on about "attack can't be better" May as well go clear the subway a couple times with stuff from Pearl.

Edit: Wow, battle subway is SO much easier than tower... my Spiritomb is sweeping like 80% of the trainers... and I didn't even bother with any EV training or anything on it :p.

DoubleJG
Mar 25, 2011, 06:18 PM

Yes, this IV breeding method is still present in B&W.

bns1991
Mar 26, 2011, 10:09 AM
:DI'm getting White later on today

Rashiid
Mar 27, 2011, 02:19 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/ad4563d2_7c30_6301.jpg

Firocket1690
Mar 29, 2011, 12:01 AM
Caught a random +atk nature (naughty) Druggidon, and EV'd it to 4HP/252Atk/252Spe, its currently at lv39.
I'm catching a handful of Axew, 'til I get another +Atk nature, to EV that guy up too.

I've been at 8 badges for about a week now, then school got in the way. Kinda. I'm still sick, and suggested to stay out of school, not feeling too well. Pokemon just doesn't feel right if they're arbitrarily raised (random EVs). That, and all my breeding tools are in SSilver.

I'm building a decent team before the E4. Once I get White into the metagame, I'm going back to SSilver. Darn you kids and your new monsters that make no sense.

Also, GenV Blaziken has Speed Boost. HiJumpKick has been improved to 130 base. One swords dance, and he'll go sweeping, lolol.

Randomness
Mar 29, 2011, 12:06 AM
The Elite Four this time around... I mean, their typing is so ridiculously awful. Dark. Ghost. Psychic. Fighting.

Anyone else notice that a good ghost type wipes 3/4 members? I grabbed a Chandelure JUST to cream them. A fighting type for the dark user and you're set...

AC9breaker
Mar 29, 2011, 10:10 AM
I like it, It makes getting through all the bullshit of the main game that much faster so i can enjoy the real meat and potatoes which is the metagame. I also like that I didn't need to use HM's and HM slaves as much as in previous titles as well as TM's being reusable being a godsend.

I'm close to getting my first uber IV bred Pokemon, the current breeding pair has a mid 20, with a 26 or 27 Speed IV shooting for 31 or at least 30.

Rashiid
Mar 29, 2011, 08:11 PM
Just the other day I beat my friend with a team of un-EV trained Rotom xD All forms including the original.

If there's one way to troll someone...

medusaspath
Mar 29, 2011, 08:11 PM
In a sense, both. My boyfriend bought both Black and White for us. I'm playing Black and he's playing White, and we're going to trade to get the Pokemon that aren't in our own games.

Randomness
Mar 29, 2011, 08:48 PM
I don't believe Ditto is in the wild on these... I kind of want a set of IV dittos, to use with the hold items. I figure if I have one ditto for each IV, I can give any pokemon near-perfect IVs in two stats with only two eggs needed, which should be enough for most purposes (for instance, speed and either normal or special attack is all that matters on a lot of pokemon)
Of course, since you can only breed ditto from dittos...

Rashiid
Mar 29, 2011, 08:57 PM
You can catch Ditto in the bottom of the Giant Chasm. It's about Lv55 in regular grass (Lv65 in the dark grass).

I remember this because I almost got wiped by x2 wild Dittos.
That area is no joke.

Edit: For proof: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giant_Chasm

Genoa
Mar 30, 2011, 07:20 PM
Snivy is a boss

http://ryansgamingdojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/160px-495Snivy.png

MetaZedlen
Mar 31, 2011, 04:50 AM
^There's a reason why his interpreted name (before his official English name) was Smugleaf

AC9breaker
Mar 31, 2011, 03:35 PM
So I just recently bred a poke with a 31 attack stat IV, he's my sweeper so I'm happy about it, but I would prefer if it where 31 speed stat IV. Is it possible to have two 31 value IV's on a single poke?

Randomness
Mar 31, 2011, 06:01 PM
So I just recently bred a poke with a 31 attack stat IV, he's my sweeper so I'm happy about it, but I would prefer if it where 31 speed stat IV. Is it possible to have two 31 value IV's on a single poke?

IVs are independent. You can have 31 in all stats.

Does anyone know what the ranges are for each stat from the Judge at the Battle Subway? I have a hunch "can't be better" isn't restricted only to maximum IVs, but I have no way to confirm (as my only poke with it atm has mangled EVs)

AC9breaker
Mar 31, 2011, 07:48 PM
Don't know but I've been using the IV calculator from serebii.net to figure it out. It's a whole lot easier to level things and such this time around thanks to all the exp bossts and the useful EV trainer items and stuff like Pokerus and the Braces.

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

MetaZedlen
Apr 1, 2011, 10:34 AM
IVs are independent. You can have 31 in all stats.

Does anyone know what the ranges are for each stat from the Judge at the Battle Subway? I have a hunch "can't be better" isn't restricted only to maximum IVs, but I have no way to confirm (as my only poke with it atm has mangled EVs)

"It can't be better in that regard" is the best you can get for an IV, meaning a 31.

AC9breaker
Apr 6, 2011, 07:15 AM
So I'm working on a team and wanna get suggestions/thoughts/opinions.

Ferrothorn - Spikes
Drapion - Toxic Spikes
Cofigarius or Gengar Still Undecided, Ghost type to prevent Rapid spinning and if Cofigarius Trick rooming tanking.
Weavile - Sweeper
Magmortar - Sweeper
Kabutops or Ambipom Kabutops for Rain dance to help out Ferrothorn as well Rapid Spinning duties or Ambipom for some Sweeping stuff.

Edit: Also I wanted to note out that I primarily wanted my team to consist of UU doods, or at the very least doods that aren't OU and legendaries. However I'm thinking Ferrothorn is gonna be considered OU for how fantastic he is.

Ellemayne
Apr 6, 2011, 02:04 PM
I got white, It's awsome love it end game is inasne!

Randomness
Apr 6, 2011, 02:27 PM
"It can't be better in that regard" is the best you can get for an IV, meaning a 31.

My only regret is that its not a Ditto, so I can't EZ-mode the stat onto anything I want.

AC9breaker
Apr 13, 2011, 02:23 PM
Dreamworld is up,
I so excite, I so so so excite. I'm gonna have a good time.

Randomness
Apr 13, 2011, 02:26 PM
Dreamworld is up,

Got a Mareep with Plus. Which is normally Plusle-only. Interesting. More interesting is that pokemon with Dream World abilities can be bred to get more pokemon with Dream World stuff!

Unfortunately, it looks like I can't catch multiple pokemon for free each day.

AC9breaker
Apr 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
My pokemon still isn't dreaming yet. =/ Do I have to wait a certain amount of time or is it based on steps like with eggs?

Randomness
Apr 13, 2011, 04:42 PM
My pokemon still isn't dreaming yet. =/ Do I have to wait a certain amount of time or is it based on steps like with eggs?

No, its just waiting until the server manages to process the sync. It only took a couple minutes for me after completing the sync.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 13, 2011, 08:05 PM
Dreamworld is up,

It's pretty cool so far! Got myself an Exeggcute with Harvest today.

Randomness
Apr 13, 2011, 09:32 PM
It's pretty cool so far! Got myself an Exeggcute with Harvest today.

I plan to try and breed a Snivy with it's insane dream world ability. Stat decreases up my stats? HELLO LEAF TORNADO!

DoubleJG
Apr 18, 2011, 06:52 PM
I plan to try and breed a Snivy with it's insane dream world ability. Stat decreases up my stats? HELLO LEAF TORNADO!

That will be an incredibly deadly combo. I expect to see that thing do a lot of sweeping in 3v3 battles.

My findings in the Dream World thus far include Harvest Exeggcute, Regenerator Tangela, and Rain Dish Surskit (all female).

Randomness
Apr 18, 2011, 07:01 PM
That will be an incredibly deadly combo. I expect to see that thing do a lot of sweeping in 3v3 battles.

My findings in the Dream World thus far include Harvest Exeggcute, Regenerator Tangela, and Rain Dish Surskit (all female).

I need to use the dream world a fair bit more before I can get to the stuff I actually want... They made points a little hard to earn, imo.

AC9breaker
Apr 18, 2011, 07:38 PM
I keep getting bullshit ass pokemon. godamn Lickitung, Tailow, rattata,hopip. I need a damn sneasel.

Randomness
Apr 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
I keep getting bullshit ass pokemon. godamn Lickitung, Tailow, rattata,hopip. I need a damn sneasel.

Sneasel isn't available in dream world.... It does however appear in the Giant Chasm, which, frankly, is a thousand times easier to hunt stuff in.

I found a Kangaskhan, which I grabbed solely because of nostalgia factors. Safari Zone 1.0 ftw.

Also, it looks like some pokemon can get moves only through the dream world.

AC9breaker
Apr 19, 2011, 08:52 PM
Sneasel isn't available in dream world.... It does however appear in the Giant Chasm, which, frankly, is a thousand times easier to hunt stuff in.

I found a Kangaskhan, which I grabbed solely because of nostalgia factors. Safari Zone 1.0 ftw.

Also, it looks like some pokemon can get moves only through the dream world.

waat!? Then how am I suppose to get his dreamworld ability, pickpocket. I already have a weavile, but I want a dreamworld sneasel for his ability. Is there a list of which pokemon are currently available? Also I'm pretty sure they're gonna up the amount of pokemon you can bring back home with for one day. Just because the amount of slots they offer when your selecting which pokemon you want to bring back with you.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 19, 2011, 09:39 PM
waat!? Then how am I suppose to get his dreamworld ability, pickpocket. I already have a weavile, but I want a dreamworld sneasel for his ability. Is there a list of which pokemon are currently available? Also I'm pretty sure they're gonna up the amount of pokemon you can bring back home with for one day. Just because the amount of slots they offer when your selecting which pokemon you want to bring back with you.

Current list: http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldareas.shtml

However, Pokemon should get added to each area over time.

Randomness
Apr 19, 2011, 09:47 PM

You can breed for dream world abilities, as I recall.

Edit: Having looked it up... well, that's silly if the female is the determining factor, since that would prevent you carrying it to another pokemon... Unless some genius got it backwards. I'm not feeling like testing this atm though.

Proto07
Apr 20, 2011, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgYdena4Yg
How many Terrakion/Whimsicott teams have you played against online?

Gunslinger-08
Apr 20, 2011, 01:21 PM
Terrakion/Whimsicott (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgYdena4Yg)
How many Terrakion/Whimsicott teams have you played against online?

"Originality" and "competitive success" rarely fit into the same thought.