PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Start a new game?

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 11, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hello.

I have played with my Cast Ranger for a long time.
But its very boring now.:(
I saw videos with Newmans.
They can make very high damage.
My questions:
1.Should i start a new game with a Newman?
2.Beasts are good in Meele.Can i use my Cast for ALL Melee Weapons?
3.Does it take a long time to level a Newman up.

Newman are very cool because i like magicla attacks and the high Damage.

I hope you can answer all my Questions.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 11, 2011, 09:01 AM
Well of course Casts are great with all melee weapons! They're Casts! With High ATK and ACC, they'll hit and hit hard!

The time it takes to level up a newman is no different than with a Cast, Human or Beast. Thus the question is null.

And by 'newmans make very high damage' it depends on which class you're planning on making this newman.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 11, 2011, 09:08 AM
Whats the best class for Newmans??
I think i will make a Force newman.
But i wont delete my Cast.

Has anyone else some answers?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 11, 2011, 09:15 AM
Well the 'best' class would have to be Vanguard, but that's mostly to take advantage of the Vanguard's high EVA bonus. Newman Hunters are a bit too squishy, though not impossible, and Forces, at least in PSP2, are somewhat frustrating and require your absolute commitment to achieve some form of play.

In the form of a scale from best to worst for Newman, it would be like this:

Vanguard>Force>Ranger>Hunter

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 11, 2011, 09:17 AM
But why is Vanguard better tha Force for Newmans?
I think Force IS for Newmans.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
Again, to take advantage of the Vanguard's EVA bonus. Newmans already have the highest EVA of all the races, so add that with the bonus, and it's possible to be immune to most physical attacks. Plus Vanguard is more balanced with all the other stats, so they'll be able to melee, range or tech well.

But since it sounds like you're going Force, this shouldn't matter. Although there are several FO pros here that can give you better advice on that than I.

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 11, 2011, 09:30 AM
Yes i will make a Force Newman and change my Cast to Hunter.
I have got many S-Rank Melee Weapons to test out.
Is it good to give a Cast a rod for Shifta,Deband and Resta?
That helps.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, that would be good, and the best rods to use would be the C or B-Rank Clarita Visas or the Mr. Ecoeco stick. Why? They have reduced PP usage.

Wayu
Jan 11, 2011, 09:48 AM
If you're a Newman, ALWAYS HAVE DEBAND UP. You'll never know when something will randomly fly at your face. Best to be safe.

-Wayu

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the Tips.
I will test my new Newman.
But i will practise with my Cast Hunter too.
I love Axes and Swords.

Crimson The FOmar
Jan 11, 2011, 09:55 AM
But why is Vanguard better tha Force for Newmans?
I think Force IS for Newmans.

Not to confuse you further! But I've heard that Newmans can make VERY good Rangers. This is because with their sky high PP, they'll do less damage fundementally than Cast Rangers, but can make up for it because their much higher PP allows them to spam Buster, Elemental and Power bullets for instance much longer than a Cast Ranger who assumedly would have to rely on the Save bullets alot more.

Wayu
Jan 11, 2011, 10:00 AM
Alternatively, smack Save bullets onto twin handguns and you have endless chaining. Or, just grab a GuldMilla and feel free to fire normal bullets infinitely.

-Wayu

Ce'Nedra
Jan 11, 2011, 10:10 AM
If you don't wanna get hit at all Newman VA is your way to go. Just grab high end eva amors, slam in at least 2 Feril/Legs and grab a deband for more evasion boost. Smack in Burst Bomber and your normal traps will do over 1000 damage and EX traps vary but always between 300-700ish.

Myself i play a melee VA that also uses Shifta/Deband. So far i'm doing well, offline only aura'd enemies and techs hit me and online mostly as well.

Now you jsut have to make sure which gender you want as they vary in end stats, like male newman get more evasion then a female but females get higher MST thus can do more damage with Mirage Blasts etc.

Wayu
Jan 11, 2011, 10:19 AM
Females also get more PP.

280 PP is lulz.

So far, the only thing that manages to hit me consistently are techs and unavoidable bullets such as the ones from Kanones.

-Wayu

Ce'Nedra
Jan 11, 2011, 10:28 AM
Hmm i'm doing just fine with my 250, i rarely run out so i'm not gonna bother wasting Ability slots for PP increase.

Wayu
Jan 11, 2011, 10:41 AM
+30 PP and PP Escape Save makes for an escape whenever you need it.

Which I do need, since it's basically blitzing until the need to dodge arrives.

-Wayu

Blizz3112
Jan 11, 2011, 01:45 PM
Newman Male Hunter + Twin Daggers + Renkai Buyou-zan = High Offense with High Defense in 360 radius attack burst... Deband for some extra damage reduction, some Solid (or higher) Legs for some Evasion and you have a pretty decent Hunter Newman...

XxGoregrinderxX
Jan 12, 2011, 09:26 AM
Which is better?
Beast Hunter or
Cast Hunter?

RenzokukenZ
Jan 12, 2011, 10:04 AM
Taken straight from my Hunter guide.

Beast: The brawniest of brawn, Beasts and Hunters go together like peas and carrots. Beast grant the most HP and ATK, along with the second highest EVA, making them absolutely perfect for the job! The downside? They also have the lowest ACC and slowest PP regeneration rate, so when you're trying to punch that Booma for looking at you funny, it may take a couple of tries before you actually hit it.

Cast: In the eyes of this Hunter, Casts are indeed the 'perfect' choice, but you are not me so let's see what they bring to the table. Casts have high HP, ATK, DEF, and the highest ACC, meaning that you'll be able to hit that Kakwane and hit it hard! And while they have the smallest PP pools of all the races, their regeneration rate is off the charts, ensuring you'll have enough for just about anything! And just when it can't get any better, Casts have access to the Ultimate Healing/Support unit known as Fluge, which fully heals, revives, casts long-lasting buffs and removes status effects on everyone! The Cast's one major weakness? Techs hurt them severely thanks to their low MND.

Astarin
Jan 12, 2011, 12:16 PM
Not to confuse you further! But I've heard that Newmans can make VERY good Rangers. This is because with their sky high PP, they'll do less damage fundementally than Cast Rangers, but can make up for it because their much higher PP allows them to spam Buster, Elemental and Power bullets for instance much longer than a Cast Ranger who assumedly would have to rely on the Save bullets alot more.

Seconded. Ranger is a great backup job for Newmans.

In this game, the primary stat for determining damage with Ranger weapons is ATA, which Newmans also have plenty of (second highest, behind Cast). So while their ATP sucks, it doesn't hurt them as a Ranger as much as you'd expect.

If you do try a Newman Ranger, try giving them TP-based weapons like Cards.

Slightly more on-topic: Yes, absolutely, try out a Newman, if you want something different than a Cast. They play fairly differently, and are good with different weapons than Casts. They also have some unique character creation/facial options. Just be warned, their HP is VERY low, so they're more challenging to use. Be prepared to block and evade if you want to survive, and bump up your EVP using armor / units to help.

zombiemoshpit84
Jan 12, 2011, 12:23 PM
if you want to go force newman its a good idea to gain some vanguard lvs first. your going to want hp recovery 10% fo hp gain every 10 seconds", damage resist "10% to all damage" and pp boost "nukes cast alot of pp" you get all of thsese early on. after you feel you have decent enuf armor and you have these abilitys then change to force. good luck force newman is fun but challenging!