PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Dumans...

vagabondkitten
Jan 12, 2011, 12:29 PM
So now that the demo is finally up, I decided to see how the Dumans were statistically. I made a female vanguard of every race, and comparing stats it looks like Dumans are the second best for all offensive stats (atk, tec, and acc) but have the worst defense (well tied with Newmans), worst mind, second worst evasion, and second worst PP, and worst HP. I know at level 1 class level 1 this isn't exactly a fair representation, but I feel like duman's better offense got overcompensated with bad defenses. So I'm just curious about what everyone thinks of the Dumans. Anyone have any input? Do their infinity blasts make up for their (IMO) lackluster stats? I haven't really put a whole lot of time into leveling one myself in the demo, because I still have way too much to do just in the English PSP2 before we hopefully get the English version of PSP2i (and I don't exactly have tons of free time), so I don't want to waste tons of time, but I'm just kind of curious what other people think of this new race.

pso_crash
Jan 12, 2011, 12:34 PM
They are in pretty much the new glass cannons of PS. I'm guessing they make up for their lackluster stats by standing waaaay back and shooting a gun.

Broken_L_button
Jan 12, 2011, 12:35 PM
After trying a bit of the demo myself, I think they're just as fine as everyone else. Their defensive stats aren't that much of a big deal, tbh, since you can block nearly everything, step away if you see something creeping behind you, or even roll away if you didn't plan your stuff well. The decent offensive stats make it that much more easy to deal with foes. Only gripe I have with them is the slow PP regen, but, then again, if you plan your offense well (ie: at the very least, don't go charging in while that big enemy decides to unleash an attack), it doesn't harm you much. Oh wait...I forgot, the eye patch slightly irritates me if I'm not doing a pirate outfit but does lend a bit of charm to a female character with a slightly more rugged look.

BIG OLAF
Jan 12, 2011, 12:43 PM
I love my Dewman Hunter. Even though their HP and EVA and DFP are bad, I still have no problem at all in any mission I've played so far. Their strength more than makes up for it, and the Infinity Blasts are pretty OP, so that's another bonus. Even if they were "bad", I wouldn't much care, because I do what I want, regardless of "bad stats". If I want to play a Dewman, I will.

After playing (and continuing to play) PSU since 2006, and being "baptized by fire" due to that game's lack of blocking or dodging, PSP2/Infinity has been a complete breeze for me to master with it's better defensive features and abilities. I hardly die at all, from anything,

Though, I have to agree with Broken_L_button on one issue: the eyepatch. As they pointed out, the eyepatch looks absolutely stupid when not in appropriate outfits. I wanted to put my dear Annabelle in the Cheers Set, but it looks ridiculous with the eyepatch. That's a pretty big turnoff for me, since customization is a large "kink" of mine when it comes to RPGs. But, it's not such a big turnoff to where it would deter me from playing a Dewman.

I think they're now my 2nd favorite race, behind Beasts.

RuneseekerMireille
Jan 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
I could definitely see them eventually becoming the "pro" class, since their defense issues are negligible if the enemy can't hit you. Enemies being able to be staggered now greatly helps them; they would have gotten murdered in PSP2 trying to attack anything. I'm finding them to be viable as Hunters and Bravers, but bad PP regen makes it very difficult to play Rangers and Forces.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
First chin straps, now eye patches... The complaints won't stop, eh?

But as stated, Dewmans are ok if you've learned how to utilize blocks and dodges, because they won't survive 3 hits. The Infinity blast are powerful, but suffer the same mechanics as Nanoblasts did in PSP2: no lockon, can't use items to heal and still vulnerable. They get a Drain effect, but only after reaching a high level (60)

They are fun to play, but are better left to a knowledgable player, since they were designed with block/dodge mastery in mind.

I could definitely see them eventually becoming the "pro" class, since their defense issues are negligible if the enemy can't hit you. Enemies being able to be staggered now greatly helps them; they would have gotten murdered in PSP2 trying to attack anything. I'm finding them to be viable as Hunters and Bravers, but bad PP regen makes it very difficult to play Rangers and Forces.

Actually, I have a Dewman Vanguard and Ranger, and I have no issues with PP regen. Even after constant spamming of Mechgun and Shotgun CSII

lethal
Jan 12, 2011, 02:52 PM
My Duman is currently in the 70's, I'm playing strictly force and I'm not having too many issues. I do seem to get one shot by stupid things (an aura'd savage wolf killed me from 70% for instance) but over all the infinite blasts make me enjoy it alot. I made videos for each infinite blast to show their power so if you wanna check them out here you go.
http://www.justin.tv/shintsufurujin/videos

RuneseekerMireille
Jan 12, 2011, 03:02 PM
I'm just getting started, so maybe those problems will become less apparent the more I play them. I haven't had a chance to use Infinite Blast yet; it looks to be more useful than Nanoblasts, at least.

Shadowjesse626
Jan 12, 2011, 03:08 PM
i've only tried the vanguard infinity blast on my female duman and i hated it. i'll try the other blasts once i level her up some more. but yeah so far i'm not liking the vanguard blast...

vagabondkitten
Jan 12, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hmm... very interesting. To be honest, I haven't abused the blocking/dodging as much as I should, due to the fact that my main is a male newman vanguard/force; with his ridiculous evade I don't even bother trying to get out of the way as 9 out of 10 times, they miss anyways (and I quick trimate solves the problem if they do hit). I'm thinking about making a female duman as my other main to play a vastly different style from my newman (I refuse to make a male, because I think their faces are fugly). Should be interesting. Now heres to hoping they actually release this in English! ^^;

lethal
Jan 12, 2011, 03:24 PM
i've only tried the vanguard infinity blast on my female duman and i hated it. i'll try the other blasts once i level her up some more. but yeah so far i'm not liking the vanguard blast...

I really hate the VG's infinite blast. the others are ALOT better. its not a damage difference, but the way you charge around like it was tornado dance is really really annoying to me.

Mike
Jan 12, 2011, 06:43 PM
I do enjoy playing my Dewman hunter (hunter at the moment). It feels like a class designed to take advantage of the "new" functions of PSP2's system. I'm curious as to how these characters will rebirth because if I have read correctly, the power of the infinity blast is based on type level.

lethal
Jan 12, 2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I noticed once I hit Force 11, my Infinite Blast gained a drain effect, VERY nice to counter the fact you can't heal during it. I'm curious now to see what other effects might be gained later on...

Polantaris
Jan 13, 2011, 05:25 AM
In regards to the looks of the race, my only problem with the whole eyepatch thing is that it feels so stolen from Bleach...every Dewman is a Zaraki Kenpachi.

Tell me anyone whose watched Bleach didn't think the same thing.

I haven't gotten to play much of my Dewman yet. I imported my old PSP2 save after first making a Dewman, and it deleted my Dewman save, so I have to start it over before I have a better opinion on the race itself.

Lucky 777
Jan 13, 2011, 05:37 AM
Wait a minute you said the infinity blasts strength is based upon type level? Gotta murder PSO Dragon some more then. Also I'm doing fine with dewman force and ranger. Sure they have glass stats and slow PP but the way PP usage has been retooled makes this really negligible. Also I play hit and run more than anything in this game so they are perfect for me! Also the male faces aren't so bad I made a kid dewman he just looks sickly and somewhat dead looking lol. And that was what I was going for so he looks great lol! I wish the other faces weren't too wrinkly and that their mustaches were removable. But what I got is fine.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 13, 2011, 05:50 AM
That's because dewman males are actually MEN! Not wimpy bishies, or gender-confused dumbasses (Fuck you, Shizuru) but MEN! Manly MEN! The manliest of MEN!!!

It's about damn time Kraz gets backup on helping balance the testostrone levels!

Lucky 777
Jan 13, 2011, 05:53 AM
That's because dewman males are actually MEN! Not wimpy bishies, or gender-confused dumbasses (Fuck you, Shizuru) but MEN! Manly MEN! The manliest of MEN!!!

It's about damn time Kraz gets backup on helping balance the testostrone levels!

Too bad most of the costumes are really bishie and will never match their MANRINESS!!! Also laugh at my character design preference all you want but I pulled it off! I made a kid dewman and he came out great!

Wayu
Jan 13, 2011, 07:07 AM

There's me.

I'm very tempted to make a completely white Dewman...she currently has white hair, white irises, and a white dress.

Now for white weapons and light photons...

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 13, 2011, 07:09 AM
There's me.

I'm very tempted to make a completely white Dewman...she currently has white hair, white irises, and a white dress.

Now for white weapons and light photons...

-Wayu

This sounds vaguely familiar..........

Wayu
Jan 13, 2011, 07:11 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1431&pictureid=16751

WHITE CAST with WHITE armor and a WHITE helmet with WHITE Durandals in WHITE hands and a WHITE rifle that shoots WHITE bullets with WHITE wings on a WHITE back that cast WHITE light over a WHITE plain on a WHITE mountain covered by WHITE snow and more WHITE snow falling onto a WHITE covered inn fighting WHITE beasts and more WHITE beasts with WHITE Hildebear reinforcements coming down a WHITE slope covered with WHITE snow on a WHITE mountain with WHITE snow and more WHITE snow falling on that WHITE mesa of WHITE snow.

In other words, Renzo's RP character Elyan.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 13, 2011, 07:12 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1431&pictureid=16751

WHITE CAST with WHITE Durandals in WHITE hands with WHITE wings on a WHITE back that cast WHITE light over a WHITE plain on a WHITE mountain covered by WHITE snow and more WHITE snow falling onto a WHITE covered inn fighting WHITE beasts and more WHITE beasts on a WHITE mountain with WHITE snow and more WHITE snow falling on that WHITE mesa of WHITE snow.

In other words, Renzo's RP character Elyan.

-Wayu

Also the future concept of Wayu's Dewman, apparently.

redroses
Jan 13, 2011, 08:53 AM
In regards to the looks of the race, my only problem with the whole eyepatch thing is that it feels so stolen from Bleach...every Dewman is a Zaraki Kenpachi.

I haven't gotten to play much of my Dewman yet. I imported my old PSP2 save after first making a Dewman, and it deleted my Dewman save, so I have to start it over before I have a better opinion on the race itself.

Uhm no. And I hope you are not serious about this. Because there have never EVER been a person in real life that lost an eye and then used an eye patch. Impossible. And pirates never existed to begin with!

Wayu
Jan 13, 2011, 09:23 AM
Uhm no. And I hope you are not serious about this. Because there have never EVER been a person in real life that lost an eye and then used an eye patch. Impossible. And pirates never existed to begin with!

Denial rant ^^;

Pirates did exist (duh) and still do today, but rarely in the fashion portrayed in the movies.

-Wayu

RenzokukenZ
Jan 13, 2011, 09:25 AM
And if pirates exist, than so their polar opposites. Ninjas.

So it's Newman vs. Dewman. Place your bets, people!

redroses
Jan 13, 2011, 09:43 AM
Denial rant ^^;

Pirates did exist (duh) and still do today, but rarely in the fashion portrayed in the movies.

-Wayu

Denial rant?

I was actually being sarcastic in my comment.
I dislike ignorant comments like the one I replied to very much. Especially the "because I like this series, the series invented everything and everything else is stolen from the series" the comments.

BIG OLAF
Jan 13, 2011, 11:06 AM
the "because I like this series, the series invented everything and everything else is stolen from the series" the comments.

Sounds like a classic case of the "Halos".

vagabondkitten
Jan 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
High five to making younger looking/cute male characters! I always make my main look somewhat like me, and he always ends up looking youngish (but hey, I'm 21 and people still think I'm 16 so it works!) I llloooove the new male newman default, it's just so... strange but adorable!:D

Lucky 777
Jan 13, 2011, 01:47 PM
High five to making younger looking/cute male characters! I always make my main look somewhat like me, and he always ends up looking youngish (but hey, I'm 21 and people still think I'm 16 so it works!) I llloooove the new male newman default, it's just so... strange but adorable!:D

High fives! Did you also try to make a young Dewman?

vagabondkitten
Jan 13, 2011, 03:12 PM
I tried, but he kind of failed. Their faces are just so long and narrow! ^^; I ended up going for a female instead...

Lucky 777
Jan 13, 2011, 03:29 PM
I tried, but he kind of failed. Their faces are just so long and narrow! ^^; I ended up going for a female instead...

I made a male one he looks really sick and pale though but that works great for me. But I see what you mean they have some real horsefaces for most of their options.

vagabondkitten
Jan 13, 2011, 09:13 PM
I made a male one he looks really sick and pale though but that works great for me. But I see what you mean they have some real horsefaces for most of their options.

Yeah.... they really do. But that's okay, because I needed a female character anyways. xD

Polantaris
Jan 17, 2011, 07:25 PM

What are you talking about?

We're not discussing people who have eyepatches because they lost their eyes...What....how did you.....I don't....Whatever.
And I wasn't even talking about Pirates. I had not even thought Pirates at all since picking up the Demo.

My post was actually in reference to the CG shown if you play the Story mode in the Demo. The new girl (Don't know her name off hand atm), takes off the eyepatch and instantly gets a GIGANTIC boost in power, enough to compete with the person she was fighting with when before, she was losing.

That's exactly the same thing Kenpachi does in Bleach. If you didn't understand the point of my reference, then don't respond to it.

Mike
Jan 17, 2011, 07:39 PM
That's exactly the same thing Kenpachi does in Bleach. If you didn't understand the point of my reference, then don't respond to it.
The only one here who thinks that is you.