PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Savedata Conversion Theory

ChaosAngel92
Jan 13, 2011, 03:56 PM
I have been thinking on an evil plan...

What I want to do is to convert my PSP2US savedata to PSP2JP savedata in order to play the PSP2i demo and use my characters.
Then if it is ever released a PSP2iUS Demo, convert this now PSP2iJP demo savedata to the PSP2iUS in order to upgrade when PSP2iUs gets fully released. i.e

PSP2US -> PSP2JP -> PSP2iJp Demo -> PSP2iUS Demo -> PSP2iUS

Now, so far every sounds very fun, except that when I was thinking I've remembered that Sakai banned from online play those who have "illegally changed" the savedata of their games. I don't know if this also happened on the US, but can someone give me some feedback if all of this could actually work?

By the way, the objective of this process is allowing me to play PSP2i sooner but without spoiling my fun of disabling online play.

sdre34
Jan 13, 2011, 04:05 PM
Well, changing the type of save (JP, US, EU, etc.) is not illegal, but modifying it to get an unfair advantage (Free uber weapons, hacked partners, 100% Elementals, etc.) is.
(From what I've heard)

ChaosAngel92
Jan 13, 2011, 04:09 PM
Well, changing the type of save (JP, US, EU, etc.) is not illegal, but modifying it to get an unfair advantage (Free uber weapons, hacked partners, etc.) is.

Hmmm, yes but I am not going to change ANYTHING aside from the region.
But I don't know if in the structure of the save game data, Sakai can read if I''m jumping regions like an excited Kangaroo.

VorpalLord
Jan 13, 2011, 10:17 PM
not the best evil plan, that would be

JpnPSP2>USPSP2>JpnPSP2>JPPSP2idemo>JPPSP2i>USPSP2i

And yeah there's nothing wrong with converting data.

kongajinken
Jan 13, 2011, 11:06 PM
You cant use your uspsp2 on jppsp2idemo, have to first convert uspsp2 back to jppsp2

VorpalLord
Jan 13, 2011, 11:11 PM
You cant use your uspsp2 on jppsp2idemo, have to first convert uspsp2 back to jppsp2

forgot a step =)

ChaosAngel92
Jan 14, 2011, 01:47 AM
not the best evil plan, that would be

JpnPSP2>USPSP2>JpnPSP2>JPPSP2idemo>JPPSP2i>USPSP2i

And yeah there's nothing wrong with converting data.

Hmmm...well the problem is that I would have to buy PSP2iJP for that evil plan.
But is my online play ain't going to be forbidden in any case?

xBladeM6x
Jan 14, 2011, 01:49 AM
Hmmm...well the problem is that I would have to buy PSP2iJP for that evil plan.
But is my online play ain't going to be forbidden in any case?
Nope. Also, you can do what I did. PSP2 US -> PSP2i JP (then I will be doing) -> PSP2i US

ChaosAngel92
Jan 14, 2011, 02:39 AM
Nope. Also, you can do what I did. PSP2 US -> PSP2i JP (then I will be doing) -> PSP2i US

Thanks for the feedback.
So what was all this memories I have from Sakai bannin people with modified savedata?
No knowledge of "hacking" whatsoever, so I don't have any reference if this can be seen or not.